or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread - Page 8

post #211 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesostinky View Post

Wilkcards, a couple of files for you. I'm sure they exist on AVS elsewhere as well. Don't know if you'll find it useful or not. One is the RS232 and IP commands for Custom Installers for the VSX-1120-k and Two is a plugin from for a program named Indigo which is a home automation program . This plugin is specifically for the VSX-1122-k and I found it on their forum here http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewtopic.php?t=8737

Anyway for whatever it's worth.

pio-rec-vsx1120k.zip 564k .zip file
Pioneer-Receiver-1.0.zip 44k .zip file

Thanks! I actually found both of those in my research and they are very helpful. Apparently these is some documentation on the specific commands for the vsx-1122k, but I haven't been able to find it yet. Most of the commands seem to be the same across all pioneer receivers, though.
post #212 of 783
Just curious, are any of you guys using a Harmony remote with this receiver? I'm using my Harmony One and trying to target the HDMI 4 port. Since the main remote only has the HDMI button where you cycle through it, I don't see a way to target that input specifically. I did try telling the Harmony to cycle through the inputs in order using the Input Next button, but that didn't seem to work. Only thing I can try is having it go to the HDMI button and then setup customized HDMI button in the activity to cycle to that input. Sucks they didn't put all the inputs on the remote.
post #213 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabprince View Post

I too have the latest firmware update but I was able to actually to download and install it via LAN connection. Took about 5 minutes or so and I needed to use the TV GUI. However Pandora give me an error every time I try to log in with my credentials. I've tried both from the TV GUI and also inputting them in via web browser. I'm not sure what the deal is. I was really looking forward to just being able to turn the receiver on and launch Pandora.

How did you do that? The Pioneer site states that the latest version (1-188-076-019-151) can not be downloaded through the interne. This is from the change history:
Quote:
Ver 1-188-076-019-151
- Firmware Update for Pandora Subscribers
- iPod nano connectivity improvement.
- Other improvement.

Note:
- The setting for Favorite, Account information(SiriusXM/Pandora), BT pairing and Airjam reset to the factory
default after the update.Write down these settings before the update as they may need to be set up again.
- This version is not available via the Internet.
Please use an update file which is downloaded from PIONEER website. And please download via USB memory to
update your receiver to the latest version
.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-1122-K?tab=firmware

Did you confirm you have version 1-188-076-019-151?
post #214 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksno1 View Post

Just curious, are any of you guys using a Harmony remote with this receiver? I'm using my Harmony One and trying to target the HDMI 4 port. .
I am setting up a Harmony900, I am yet to do the tweaking and will watch this post with interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksno1 View Post

Since the main remote only has the HDMI button where you cycle through it, I don't see a way to target that input specifically. I did try telling the Harmony to cycle through the inputs in order using the Input Next button, but that didn't seem to work. Only thing I can try is having it go to the HDMI button and then setup customized HDMI button in the activity to cycle to that input. Sucks they didn't put all the inputs on the remote.
I am hopeful we can get this working properly. If I recall correctly you can get the Harmony to go to the Name of the inputs, therefor "HDMI4" I will hopefully have time this evening to have a look and test.
post #215 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1968 View Post

I am hopeful we can get this working properly. If I recall correctly you can get the Harmony to go to the Name of the inputs, therefor "HDMI4" I will hopefully have time this evening to have a look and test.

Yeah, I did try adding the HDMI4 input like you said. But only tried it in the sequence of the input order, and that threw everything off. Not sure which spot to place it if you leave the rest of the inputs in their default mode. Please keep us posted if you have any success.
post #216 of 783
Anyone know if when trying to login to Pandora as an existing user if getting a "Server Error" is related to needing a firmware update?
I still haven't found a USB stick/format combination that will work to update it.

I tried a number of times to enter my user name and password thru that awful interface, would it have killed them to add an onscreen keyboard,
and always get the server error. Also tried restarting the receiver a couple times. Odd it doesn't seem you can use the remote to enter
the characters, I had to enter them using the buttons on the front of the receiver.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Carl
post #217 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeyes View Post

Anyone know if when trying to login to Pandora as an existing user if getting a "Server Error" is related to needing a firmware update?
I still haven't found a USB stick/format combination that will work to update it.

yes

& try PNY flash drive, 8GB worked for me on a SC-68 but less is OK
post #218 of 783
Thanks, I'll give that one a go.

Carl
post #219 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksno1 View Post

Just curious, are any of you guys using a Harmony remote with this receiver? I'm using my Harmony One and trying to target the HDMI 4 port. Since the main remote only has the HDMI button where you cycle through it, I don't see a way to target that input specifically. I did try telling the Harmony to cycle through the inputs in order using the Input Next button, but that didn't seem to work. Only thing I can try is having it go to the HDMI button and then setup customized HDMI button in the activity to cycle to that input. Sucks they didn't put all the inputs on the remote.

I'm sure you wouldn't be asking if it didn't apply to you, but do you definitely need to use HDMI 4? Can you just use 1, 2, 3, and the BD hdmi inputs? All of those have direct input on the remote and then hopefully Harmony. I ask because for some reason when you use AVNavigator to setup your receiver it seems to suggest putting devices where it wants vs where the remote has direct inputs. For example I have 4 HDMI devices and could easily go HDMI 1, 2, 3, and BD and be set for direct input selection. BUT the AVnavigator setup put my devices on 2, BD, 4, and 6 for no reason. So now I have to go through and redo 4 and 6 and put it tem on 1(dvd) and 3(dvr) respectively so I won't have the problems your having when I go to setup my Harmony. Anyway just a thought in case this applied to you.
post #220 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesostinky View Post

I'm sure you wouldn't be asking if it didn't apply to you, but do you definitely need to use HDMI 4? Can you just use 1, 2, 3, and the BD hdmi inputs? All of those have direct input on the remote and then hopefully Harmony. I ask because for some reason when you use AVNavigator to setup your receiver it seems to suggest putting devices where it wants vs where the remote has direct inputs. For example I have 4 HDMI devices and could easily go HDMI 1, 2, 3, and BD and be set for direct input selection. BUT the AVnavigator setup put my devices on 2, BD, 4, and 6 for no reason. So now I have to go through and redo 4 and 6 and put it tem on 1(dvd) and 3(dvr) respectively so I won't have the problems your having when I go to setup my Harmony. Anyway just a thought in case this applied to you.

All of those inputs were taken. One by my Xbox which is component only, so I had to use the DVD button for that (unless I wanted to move it to my TV for the component inputs and use the CD button for the optical cable). I ended up moving the device to HDMI 1, since that was taken by my Xbox and currently unused. I was able to add another action that was sent to my receiver after the default actions were done which seems to work. I moved it to HDMI 1 since I figured it'd be less confusion (by the remote), but I'm guessing just adding more of the same actions would work too. Would be nice if you could add those inputs directly, but this looks like a good work around.
post #221 of 783
Having audio level issues using the HDMI connection from my Dish receiver. Some dialog is extremely quiet and some commercials etc. are extremely loud.
Is it possible to use the optical or analog audio outputs from the Dish receiver to the VSX-1122 and still have them passed thru when the receiver is off
as it does now using the HDMI connection?

Thanks,

Carl
post #222 of 783
How does this Pioneer VSX-1122 compare to the Denon AVR-2113ci? Honestly. I know it beats it in price, but what is worth the $300 more in the Denon?
post #223 of 783
Hi all, I'm brand new to these forums and to the VSX-1122 K

I got it just prior to Christmas and am still wading my way through it. As a start I have a simple Q, can the amp playback a playlist via Media Server in a random order? I can get the random function to work OK when playing back the iPod, but can't seem to get it to do that when playing a *.wpl

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Doonks
post #224 of 783
Thanks for the info Tom. I downloaded the icontrolav2012 app. I have the recevier connected to the ethernet jack directly into the modem, and my phone is in wifi on the same network. HOwever when i start the app, it cant find the receiver. Is there anything I am suppose to do? When im playing music on my iphone i dont see any triangles for air play?
post #225 of 783
^^
I'm not sure it will work connected into a modem because the receiver & the phone are expecting your internet device to provide an internal IP address, something like 192.1.1.2 for example. maybe you know the term, but it's called DHCP server. By default, the receiver & the app are expecting the internet device to assign the address by DHCP.

and every cable modem I ever used does not have this capability, only provides 1 IP address to the connected device, typically a PC or router. you would have to have the IP address of the modem or use an application or telnet or something the modem mfg provides for a browser to obtain that IP address. or connect a PC and get the assigned IP address from it. then enter that static IP address into the receiver & phone app.

far easier to buy a router, which nearly all can act as DHCP servers to assign internal IP addresses. networking is NOT plug & play wink.gif

my comments are based on you correctly describing what you did when you said you connected the receiver to the modem smile.gif even if that could work, that is a poor way to implement a home network wink.gif get a router and your problem goes away.

even with a proper router, the app can be a bit quirky & lose connectivity. if it does, then reboot the phone and if needed the router. usually, rebooting the phone restores it, that's been my experience.
post #226 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeyes View Post

Anyone know if when trying to login to Pandora as an existing user if getting a "Server Error" is related to needing a firmware update?
I still haven't found a USB stick/format combination that will work to update it.

I tried a number of times to enter my user name and password thru that awful interface, would it have killed them to add an onscreen keyboard,
and always get the server error. Also tried restarting the receiver a couple times. Odd it doesn't seem you can use the remote to enter
the characters, I had to enter them using the buttons on the front of the receiver.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Carl

yes that is the issue. I downloaded the latest firmware then unzipped it. I have to put the files on the root of the frive they could not be in any folders. I used a generic thumb drive. It worked great. You can not use the network to get the latest firmware from the reciever's system setup menu. It may let you update it but it isnt the latest version.
Edited by Mike Compton - 1/14/13 at 7:09am
post #227 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchauhan View Post

Thanks for the info Tom. I downloaded the icontrolav2012 app. I have the recevier connected to the ethernet jack directly into the modem, and my phone is in wifi on the same network. HOwever when i start the app, it cant find the receiver. Is there anything I am suppose to do? When im playing music on my iphone i dont see any triangles for air play?

Wow you REALLY dont want to do this. You could be getting a "real" IP from your service provider meaning anyone can connect to it. It isn't Natted. If you read some of the previous post it is real easy to telnet to these devices. If someone stumbled apon your IP and sooner or later they will. You could start to see crazy things happen to your recever and it would be impossible to track it down. You really need to turn off the wireless on the device your service provider gave you then install are wireless router. This will give your wifi devices and wired devices the same natted address subnet or unplug your reciever and give up on using icontrolav2012. There is not way this will work as you have it plugged up now.
post #228 of 783
Can anyone explain to me why..

I plug up my Nintendo Wii via component cables this is supposed to switch it to 480P and when the reciever does the upconversion the video will drop out at times. Specificly gameplay movie modes.
I plug up the same wii via composit (yellow, Red,White) 480i and still have the same upconversion settings the video does not drop out. It just looks realy crapy with all of the lines.
post #229 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Compton View Post

Wow you REALLY dont want to do this. You could be getting a "real" IP from your service provider meaning anyone can connect to it. It isn't Natted.

I forgot about not having NAT (in case the poster's a rookie, Network Address Translation) redface.gif
that makes it even WORSE to directly connect to a modem, you are so right - a very bad idea!

it's amazing to me that people are trying to do all these kinds of networked & apple devices but don't know what a router is for or even think to use a basic hub or switch. NAT is one of the most basic fundamentals in home networking for security, without it you are wide ass open to anyone who's sending out queries & finding which IP addresses are "available" to hack into. a NAT router is the 1st line of defense.
post #230 of 783
Success! I used a Kingston 16gb USB drive, tiny little keychain thing, and the update went thru and I got Pandora working.

Thanks for all the help.

Carl
post #231 of 783
Hi All,

I recently bought a VSX-1122K receiver and i have hooked it up 5 speakers ( the .1 still needs to be hooked up though). I wanted to find out what is the ideal listening db (sound level) you all are accustomed to. Reason I ask is because, the other I watched MI : Ghost Protocol and I had to set the db levels to -30 db. Is this level normal for everyone or have i made some mistake setting up my speakers?

Thanks,
post #232 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgwy View Post

Hi All,

I recently bought a VSX-1122K receiver and i have hooked it up 5 speakers ( the .1 still needs to be hooked up though). I wanted to find out what is the ideal listening db (sound level) you all are accustomed to. Reason I ask is because, the other I watched MI : Ghost Protocol and I had to set the db levels to -30 db. Is this level normal for everyone or have i made some mistake setting up my speakers?

Thanks,

Yes it's fine. Keep in mind there is no ideal level. If you have to run it to under -10db all the time something is probably off in your source material or speaker sensitivity. Around 30 was great for Star Trek(2009) on Blu ray for me but Stereo sources for me end up in the lower 20's from my HTPC. Keep in mind it goes to +12db so at 30 or 20 you still have headroom left.
post #233 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by javygonx View Post

Point D is not neccesary if you have a nice bass from your fronts. If you set your speakers manually to large and SW to "No" then you will get bass only from front speakers. If you select Plus then you eill get bass from sub and speakers.

I haven't reprogrammed the EQ yet but I tried out setting Front to Small along with with adjusting the sub level and that alone made a massive difference. I had no idea the Sub would come into play for Stereo mode. Shows how old my previous receiver was huh? Also Front Large and Sub to Plus was interesting as well. Now I have 3 options for adjusting the bass profile in stereo mode. I just have to see what I like best and assign it an MCACC memory slot. Thanks!
post #234 of 783
thanks for your reply, but im not sure if i understand. I have rogers as my internet provider. The router/modem that was given to me has 4 ethernet slots. So i simply plugged in one of them into my receiver. I assumed by doing so I am now on the network?
post #235 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Compton View Post

Wow you REALLY dont want to do this. You could be getting a "real" IP from your service provider meaning anyone can connect to it. It isn't Natted. If you read some of the previous post it is real easy to telnet to these devices. If someone stumbled apon your IP and sooner or later they will. You could start to see crazy things happen to your recever and it would be impossible to track it down. You really need to turn off the wireless on the device your service provider gave you then install are wireless router. This will give your wifi devices and wired devices the same natted address subnet or unplug your reciever and give up on using icontrolav2012. There is not way this will work as you have it plugged up now.

Thanks Mike, But its a router that im connecting my receiver too. I am using rogers and have secured the wifi. That being said is there anything else i need to do? is it not just plug and play? I am connecting my iphone to this wifi and have the receiver ethernet plugged right into the router.
post #236 of 783
Shouldn't it be possible to select Pandora stations using the remote control? I can select the Pandora input with the remote
but can go no further....just seems odd. I can navigate Pandora using the hard buttons on the front of the receiver, but not the remote.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Carl
post #237 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchauhan View Post

Thanks Mike, But its a router that im connecting my receiver too. I am using rogers and have secured the wifi. That being said is there anything else i need to do? is it not just plug and play? I am connecting my iphone to this wifi and have the receiver ethernet plugged right into the router.

router---whew smile.gif

it took me several tries to get it to work the 1st time. reboot your router to clear cache and let it re-assign IP addresses. then reboot the phone and let it rediscover IP address. if needed, on the phone, click update by the receiver device. eventually it connected, took several times. it is kind of quirky, even flaky is descriptive wink.gif

also, if you have an access control list of MAC addresses for wifi, temporarily turn access control off until you get it to connect initially. you can turn MAC access control back on, providing you've entered the phone's MAC address in the list. for security, hopefully, you won't have to temporarily turn that off too but in troubleshooting, you may have to just to get to basic connectivity.

once the app connects to the receiver, you're good....until it loses connectivity frown.gif if it does, then reboot the phone. I've found that rebooting the phone & re-launching the app restores lost connectivity. don't ask me why this happens, 'cause I don't know smile.gif not the most stable way to control a receiver, I grant you. when it works, it's a really neat tool but when it doesn't connect, it's frustrating. not as stable as my solid performing URC programmable remote...not by a long shot! but I still like using it, it grows on you wink.gif make sure you have the right version for your receiver, too but you probably got that covered.

and that's why I will NEVER use wifi for updating firmware smile.gif nothing beats a wired connection.
post #238 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeyes View Post

Shouldn't it be possible to select Pandora stations using the remote control? I can select the Pandora input with the remote
but can go no further....just seems odd. I can navigate Pandora using the hard buttons on the front of the receiver, but not the remote.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Carl

press the NET button on the remote first, it changes the codes behind the nav buttons to work with internet radio, pandora, media server. it's in your manual but I admit I overlooked it myself and had to dig out the manual to solve the riddle.
post #239 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchauhan View Post

thanks for your reply, but im not sure if i understand. I have rogers as my internet provider. The router/modem that was given to me has 4 ethernet slots. So i simply plugged in one of them into my receiver. I assumed by doing so I am now on the network?

Sounds like you have a modem with built-in router and wireless? Some internet providers hand these out. In my case, Cox does not, my modem is just the modem with a single LAN out which I need to connect to a wireless router so more devices can use the internet. It should not make a difference. When you plugged the amp in a port on your modem/router, did the corresponding light on the modem/router light up? Have you ever plugged anything else directly in the modem/router (like a laptop with the wireless turned off) to make sure the ports work?
post #240 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNL View Post

Sounds like you have a modem with built-in router and wireless? Some internet providers hand these out. In my case, Cox does not, my modem is just the modem with a single LAN out which I need to connect to a wireless router so more devices can use the internet. It should not make a difference. When you plugged the amp in a port on your modem/router, did the corresponding light on the modem/router light up? Have you ever plugged anything else directly in the modem/router (like a laptop with the wireless turned off) to make sure the ports work?

Yes i have my dvd player plugged in directly into the router as well for netflix. No problems with connectivity. I just dont know why the app is not recognizing the reciever and i cant do airplay.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread