or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread - Page 22

post #631 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi ma91pmh, since its not mention, what about switching out HDMI cable between receiver and tv? How long is the HDMI Out cable? And are they the stiff cable? If so, posible the HDMI cable is not getting good connection because of the weight.

ma91pmh, what is the incoming signal into the Receiver? If changing cables does not help (also check the cable input at the TV side, if you have more HDMI inputs on TV, try another one) try to disable the Video Converter and see if that makes a difference. If you source is HD quality, you may not need the converter.

Take care, F.
post #632 of 783
Hi,


Just acquired the av 1122-k, I get a bit disappointed over the output it generates. I´m almost 2/3 of the volume knob and it as not what i expected over my Audio Monitor RX6.

Is there any problem with my amp? Is it the configuration?

Can anyone share some knowledge over this?
post #633 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutsch View Post

Is anyone using the HTC Connect feature?
I have an HTC One and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get music to play through my Pioneer 1122.
Thanks, in advance.

Greetings Krutsch! I also have an HTC One (T-Mobile) and I've been using the HTC connect here and there, although it has ended up being more of a novelty feature (and cool party trick/iHate rebuttal) since I've already setup up multiple other methods for getting content to the receiver. However, on the few times I've used it, it's worked flawlessly and seems to be much more reliable with connecting to the receiver than iControl2012 has been when used on the same phone.

For HTC Connect you have to be using the phone's default onboard music player. In the apps menu it's simply labeled "Music" with a music note icon. Once in the app, chose "My phone" and select a music file. When the file is playing, make sure you're on the player screen where the album art (or the default replacement) takes up the top 2/3 of the screen and the controls are the bottom 1/3. Click the menu button in the top right, and then "select player", and you should see the VSX-1122 listed there. As soon as you select it, the phone will immediately start pumping the stream to the receiver, and it will change inputs automatically. Pretty slick, but still doesn't find the receiver 100% of the time.

Now, while walking through those steps again just now to verify what I remember, I noticed something interesting...the HTC music player didn't find the 1122 when I clicked "select player"....but it did find both my BDP-62 and my LG smart TV, neither of which are advertised as being compatible with this feature. This leads me to believe that HTC just re-labeled some off-the-shelf (and not exclusively licensed) streaming protocol for their feature. No biggie though, and more of an added bonus really. So, I've got some music from my phone streaming to my 1122 via the BDP-62 as we speak. Neat.

I don't know if any of this will help you, but the irony here is that I opened this thread today with the intention of seeking you specifically for some advice and input on my new 1122/BDP-62 based setup lol. (It and you were both instrumental in my thorough research prior to purchasing either) Let me know if you've had any success with HTC Connect, and we can get to my issues later wink.gif

Best of luck!

-Chris
Edited by PurePhunk - 6/10/13 at 8:38am
post #634 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi ma91pmh, since its not mention, what about switching out HDMI cable between receiver and tv? How long is the HDMI Out cable? And are they the stiff cable? If so, posible the HDMI cable is not getting good connection because of the weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNL View Post

ma91pmh, what is the incoming signal into the Receiver? If changing cables does not help (also check the cable input at the TV side, if you have more HDMI inputs on TV, try another one) try to disable the Video Converter and see if that makes a difference. If you source is HD quality, you may not need the converter.

Take care, F.

Thanks for the suggestions... YES switching the HDMI cable between receiver and TV fixed it. I presume the old HDMI cable just couldn't handle it!

Thanks again, this had been so frustrating... and to think it was such a simple thing!
post #635 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePhunk View Post

For HTC Connect you have to be using the phone's default onboard music player. In the apps menu it's simply labeled "Music" with a music note icon. Pretty slick, but still doesn't find the receiver 100% of the time.

I was afraid of that... the problem with the stock Music app is it will not handle lossless formats, like FLAC or ALAC, which is how I encode my music. I was able to make it work - would be cool - but I am back to using Poweramp. When I am in the house, I use BubbleUPnP for DLNA and then I have access to my entire library from a NAS drive. This works really well with the 1122-K. Thanks for the tip, however.
Quote:
I don't know if any of this will help you, but the irony here is that I opened this thread today with the intention of seeking you specifically for some advice and input on my new 1122/BDP-62 based setup lol. (It and you were both instrumental in my thorough research prior to purchasing either) Let me know if you've had any success with HTC Connect, and we can get to my issues later wink.gif

Fire away with your questions.
post #636 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutsch View Post

I use BubbleUPnP for DLNA

Awesome, that answered one of my questions already! (What DLNA server you had the best luck with).

Beyond that, the #1 issue I have so far is trying to get the AV sync correct when watching a bluray on the BDP-62, through the 1122. I've set audio delay to "on", but even when I put the delay at the max setting (10 frames) it didn't seem to have any impact whatsoever.

I'm using the AV sync test on the Disney WOW calibration disk (which is a great tool for this), but it still shows I'm off by 166ms/4 frames...the same variation it was before I changed the audio delay setting.

Any input on this would be appreciated, as that's the big obstacle right now to me enjoying BD movies. All other content (DirecTV as well as Netflix and Amazon via the TV's apps) is fine.
post #637 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePhunk View Post

Awesome, that answered one of my questions already! (What DLNA server you had the best luck with).

Beyond that, the #1 issue I have so far is trying to get the AV sync correct when watching a bluray on the BDP-62, through the 1122. I've set audio delay to "on", but even when I put the delay at the max setting (10 frames) it didn't seem to have any impact whatsoever.

I'm using the AV sync test on the Disney WOW calibration disk (which is a great tool for this), but it still shows I'm off by 166ms/4 frames...the same variation it was before I changed the audio delay setting.

Any input on this would be appreciated, as that's the big obstacle right now to me enjoying BD movies. All other content (DirecTV as well as Netflix and Amazon via the TV's apps) is fine.

Just to clarify, I use BubbleUPnP as a 'control point' (i.e. the remote); I use both JRiver Media Center on my PC and Twonky Media Server on my MyBook Live (NAS special edition of Twonky). If you are new to DLNA, I advise going with JRiver on a PC for music playback - Twonky works, but I had to modify it to make it fit my needs and that was a steep learning curve.

Also, consider just using iTunes and Airplay with your AVR for music playback - easiest to setup and works great with the Remote app for iPhone or iPad.

I have a copy of the WOW disk, but have been busy and haven't used it yet - my A/V sync seems to be fine, from what I can tell. If you still have problems, others on this thread and the BDP-62FD thread have more experience with sync issues.

Good Luck!
post #638 of 783
Airplay only sends audio, no video? am i missing something? confused.gif

Thanks,
Ganesh
post #639 of 783
That's right Ganesh. Apple only allow their own hardware to do that, to preserve their sales of Apple TVs.
post #640 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardNZ View Post

That's right Ganesh. Apple only allow their own hardware to do that, to preserve their sales of Apple TVs.

I don't think that's the reason... at $99.00 I can't imagine they are making much money on the sale of the physical hardware. I suspect the real reason has more to do with copy protection of videos sold through their iTunes store.
post #641 of 783
Is there any way to boost the volume of a specific input on this AVR? There doesn't seem to be but hoping to be surprised. I've got a record player going into the CD input via a Phono preamp but I still have to turn it up to at least ~20db to have it sufficiently loud for music.
post #642 of 783
I'm just looking at one of these to replace my VSX-1016. Anyone else moved from one of these? I just want equivalent sound, not looking for any improvement. I'm only moving from the 1016 because I've run out of ports and it's become frustrating having no hdmi audio support.

Also can anyone tell me how the optical out works? I need to use it for my surround headset. (wireless mixamp for Astro a40's). It encoded based on what the amp is set too? or pass through of whatever is getting put in?
post #643 of 783
My 1122 just stopped passing video, audio is passed but no video.

Took output hdmi cable from avr and plugged it into the output or the cable box and now I have video in my tv.

So cable is good, tv is good and cable box us good.

Anyone else experience this, I guess it goes to the shop.


Thanks.

Robert
post #644 of 783
I'm a novice at setting up my av system. I have a pioneer vsx-43tx that lost the 2nd zone speakers and am planning on replacing with an open box VSX-1122-k I got for a good price. It doesn't have a remote or microphone and didn't think it would be a problem because I always set up my old receiver with an external sound meter and figured I could do it the same way. Reading this thread has me worried that I won't be able to set up the system without the accessories.

Will I be able to set it up using a generic universal remote and the ipad App?

I'm going to run 5.1 inside and a 2nd zone outside. I want to be able to play music, from my iphone or sons, outsider and tv inside at the same time. One option I'm considering is bi-amping the front speakers and running zone 2 out of the rca plugs to my older receiver for the 2nd zone.

Would anyone recommend going this option or just using the 2nd zone 5.1 option on the 1122?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
post #645 of 783
Dferrell858, you won't be able to bi-amp and have Zone 2 because they use the same amp circuit. I run 5.1 and zone 2 off the speaker connectors (rather than RCA). I'm pretty sure you could run a manual set up with a universal remote and the app.
post #646 of 783
If you only want to run music off of the Ipad you should be OK with Zone 2 from the jacks and 5.1 inside. Also, you should be ok with the universal remote and the Ipad app. That's what I use and keep the Pioneer remote in the drawer.

I now have my vsx-1122 set up 5.1 with Energy Take 5's and a 8'' sub form Dayton Audio in my TV room, 2.1 with Pioneer Bookshelfs and sub in my new den running off the front high speaker jacks and 2.0 upstairs with my very old Rectalinear full size bookshelf speakers running off of a speaker switch with wires running down to the basement, outside, up the wall, and in the window to the speakers. My house sounds AMAZING!
post #647 of 783
Thanks for the replys,
I'm going to give the install a go tonight. Hopefully I can set up the MCAC manually with a sound meter. I'll set-up using the 5.1 with 2nd zone option instead of the 5.1 with bi-amping. I was thinking I could put my old receiver to use by powering the 2nd zone with it to play SONOS and bi-amping the front speakers in the 5.1. I am assuming if I use the RCA jacks for the 2nd zone I need to power the speakers with an amp/ rcvr.

I don't have a sensitive ear so I don't know if running the bi-amping to the fronts is worth having a 2nd receiver, but experimentation will be fun.
post #648 of 783
Does anyone know how to turn the matrix feature on/off on the 1122-k so when I hook up surround back speakers the reciever does NOT send any information to them during 5.1 material. My 520-k has a matrix on/off option in the menu but I can't find it on this one. I don't have surround backs hooked up yet, could that be the issue?
post #649 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNestico View Post

Does anyone know how to turn the matrix feature on/off on the 1122-k so when I hook up surround back speakers the reciever does NOT send any information to them during 5.1 material. My 520-k has a matrix on/off option in the menu but I can't find it on this one. I don't have surround backs hooked up yet, could that be the issue?

Check your manual, under speaker selection.

When you add the surround back speakers. In the speaker selection menu. It should ask you where your l and r surround speakers are located. To the side or the rear. If you select to the side for your surround speakers. 5.1 sources will play from the surround speakers only.
post #650 of 783
Hi - hopefully someone can help me out.

I just opened up my 1122-k that I purchased about 7 months ago from Bestbuy. I've been too busy to get to it until now.

I'm not connecting it to any video or television. My property has Klipsch speakers throughout in ceilings and walls and after several visits and several hours, the staff at Bestbuy advised me that the 1122-k is going to be my best solution, especially considering the fact that I'd like to be able to play different things simultaneously in different zones.

So far, my main problem is that the user manual doesn't tell me how to wire my speakers for zones and the cd that came with the system wants me to set up as if I'm using it for a home theater. The receiver is located half way up some stairs in a wall cubby/cabinet at the termination of the wiring, several rooms away from most speakers.

So far I've gone ahead and wired up several of the speakers to the back of the receiver and placed the system in Tuner mode but I can't even get a buzzing sound out of the speakers at any volume. I've played with every possible combination of settings using the front buttons and the remote but nothing has worked.

If anyone has any advice to point me in the right direction I would sincerely appreciate it.

Note: I have no need or concern for left or right, front or back, or center or sub woofer. Just zones and sound. I've found several youtube videos on the product butthey are focused on home theater and an hdmi connection. My best solution would be if I can set this up without having to drag a television onto the stairwell where the cubby and speaker wiring is located.
post #651 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 165wx7 View Post

Hi - hopefully someone can help me out.

I just opened up my 1122-k that I purchased about 7 months ago from Bestbuy. I've been too busy to get to it until now.

I'm not connecting it to any video or television. My property has Klipsch speakers throughout in ceilings and walls and after several visits and several hours, the staff at Bestbuy advised me that the 1122-k is going to be my best solution, especially considering the fact that I'd like to be able to play different things simultaneously in different zones.

So far, my main problem is that the user manual doesn't tell me how to wire my speakers for zones and the cd that came with the system wants me to set up as if I'm using it for a home theater. The receiver is located half way up some stairs in a wall cubby/cabinet at the termination of the wiring, several rooms away from most speakers.

So far I've gone ahead and wired up several of the speakers to the back of the receiver and placed the system in Tuner mode but I can't even get a buzzing sound out of the speakers at any volume. I've played with every possible combination of settings using the front buttons and the remote but nothing has worked.

If anyone has any advice to point me in the right direction I would sincerely appreciate it.

Note: I have no need or concern for left or right, front or back, or center or sub woofer. Just zones and sound. I've found several youtube videos on the product butthey are focused on home theater and an hdmi connection. My best solution would be if I can set this up without having to drag a television onto the stairwell where the cubby and speaker wiring is located.

How many speakers do you have? How many terminals to the speakers are there? This probably deserves its own thread imho
post #652 of 783
Hi Scoob, thanks for responding!

It's a very simple setup and should be extremely easy.

So far its only 9 speakers in 5 rooms. (2+2+2+2+1).

No terminals (?).

Fyi, my only experience with a/v is setting up my out of box home theater (panasonic) about 5 years ago. Aside from that I used to be into Onkyo receivers and aux systems about 20 years ago when speaker outputs were all analog and there was no receiver config necessary so I'm feeling pretty much lost with this one. To give you an idea of my technical capabilities I can single-handedly lead commissioning and start-up of a fully customized $7m manufacturing computerized control system so you'd think I could figure out a simple sound system, but apparently it's not so simple.

So thanks for any/all help - its truly appreciated.
post #653 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranciscoAM View Post

Hi,


Just acquired the av 1122-k, I get a bit disappointed over the output it generates. I´m almost 2/3 of the volume knob and it as not what i expected over my Audio Monitor RX6.

Is there any problem with my amp? Is it the configuration?

Can anyone share some knowledge over this?

Your speakers are 6ohm and at 90db sensitivity it takes a decent amount of clean power to get the air moving in them. As good as our Pioneer 1122k's are you'll have to ramp up the power on them to get your MA's to respond. Been there. Moved onto a higher efficency speaker setup as I don't do two channel listening much anymore and don't need a high level audio quality associated with the silver rx's. Hope this helps.
post #654 of 783
Hello,

I've started experiencing the same issue after 6 months of usage. The volume will keep going down every two minutes by -3. How did you get it resolved?

Thanks.
post #655 of 783
Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem with my Pioneer 1122K receiver. The volume will go down by itself every couple minutes by -3b. How did you get it resolved?

Thanks,
post #656 of 783
Can anyone walk me through The Firmware update procedure to fix the Pandora Server error problem on my VSX-1122-k? I have downloaded the Update to my USB device, but I am reluctant to go further and I don't want to destroy what I have working. I am not that familiar with the procedure to do from the Reciever, and am looking for any help I can get.
Thanks
post #657 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayspony2012 View Post

Can anyone walk me through The Firmware update procedure to fix the Pandora Server error problem on my VSX-1122-k? I have downloaded the Update to my USB device, but I am reluctant to go further and I don't want to destroy what I have working. I am not that familiar with the procedure to do from the Reciever, and am looking for any help I can get.
Thanks

I'm gonna do it tonight if I can find my flash drive(just bought the house and I don't know which box its in lol). If I do it I'll be sure to let you know the steps and any tips/tricks.

I am assuming the lack of the firmware update on mine is why I occasionally get HDCP error, and why the Pandora doesn't work smile.gif

One other question for the masses though. Input lag for xbox 360. I have xbox to receiver with hdmi, then hdmi to LED tv. First time I popped in NHL 13 it was obvious that either I got awful overnight and should go down to the AHL, or there was input lag. Had an NHL league game( yes you read that right lol) so I just play xbox through tv without the receiver. I think I figured it out last night by turning off the video conversion setting. Is this the only thing that would help with input lag? Any other settings? Also, does that setting stick for all devices connected to the receiver(bluray, cable box), or can you set each one individually when you are on that input? The manual is a bit confusing in that regard.


I've only hooked up 3 speakers so far just to test things out(new speakers too), but I am loving this thing so far! Can't wait to hook up the sub(when the cable comes) and the surround speakers when I get time to drill holes in floors and fish through walls!

Looking forward to learning how to use this thing to its full potential, while keeping it fiancee/Wife friendly!
post #658 of 783
Hi, I have just purchased a VSX-1122k and have a question about the display on the front of the unit.
When I select an input the input name appears on the front of the panel but a few seconds after it then changes to 'DDPLII Movie' and stays like that.

Is there anyway I can change it so it keeps the input name visable?

Thanks!
Dan
post #659 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayspony2012 View Post

Can anyone walk me through The Firmware update procedure to fix the Pandora Server error problem on my VSX-1122-k? I have downloaded the Update to my USB device, but I am reluctant to go further and I don't want to destroy what I have working. I am not that familiar with the procedure to do from the Reciever, and am looking for any help I can get.
Thanks

Okay I just did the firmware update, sorry for the delay, my flash drive was still at my parent's house and I picked it up last night after a wedding we were at.

Anyway... download the firmware on the First post of this thread.
Put flash drive in computer, find it in windows and check the properties to make sure its FAT32, not NTFS. If its not FAT32, move any data on the drive that you may still need to your pc and then format it as FAT32.

Once you know your drive is FAT32, you need to remove all other files off of it. Then Unzip the downloaded file and copy all the files to your flash drive. Eject flash drive and then plug into the front of the Receiver. Turn the receiver on. Press the Home Menu on the remote. Go System Setup. Then other setup. Then software update. Then "Update via USB Memory". It should find the files on your your drive and show you the firmware version. Make sure its the 151 firmware and then continue with the update. It took about 10 minutes for me, then the receiver turned off. Power it back on yourself, go to the menus again but just check software version(in same menu as the update) to be sure it is completed. Then you can enjoy! Hope this helps
post #660 of 783
Briefly scanned the thread and didn't see this issue mentioned, sorry if it was missed. Last evening everything was working fine, this morning the display only reads 'POWER ON'. It is non-responsive to buttons/dials/remote, except it will power off if I hold Standby/On for 10 seconds. I've unplugged all sources, checked my speaker wiring for shorts and loose connection, swapped out the HDMI cable between the AVR and TV, tried a different port on the TV. Anyone heard of this issue, or have any thoughts as to other troubleshooting steps I could try?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread