or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread - Page 24

post #691 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudysevennine View Post

So, I managed to fix my issue described above regarding connecting to my network.

This is how I did it in the end:
1) Look through the top of your receiver and you see should the mac address - note this down
2) In your router settings force it to reserved an IP address for this mac address
3) Turn the receiver off for a good period of time. I left mine off over night and in the morning it was able to connect to the network.

I hope this helps people who were having problems with it hanging on "applying settings" in the Network settings menu.

Good catch. For the steps above, you can just add the router's MAC address to the DHCP assignment table (which you did) and then just reboot the router, which will force the 1122-K to obtain a new IP address, along with everythings else on your network.
post #692 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post

Sounds like it's going into safe mode. Check your speaker cables. Make sure there are no stay wires and such

(this is in reference to my earlier posting - when using Zone 2, the receiver would shut off if I turned the volume up much)

Thanks - got me going in the right direction. On further investigation, I noticed that one of the speakers had a much lower volume, and a lot of crackling sound (wasn't very noticeable, b/c they were so far from the receiver).

After checking all the cables and connections (including swapping the cables, and speakers themselves), it appears that the problem is with the R channel of the amplifier for Zone 2. I.e. I'm getting crackly output and low volume from that channel, regardless of which cables or speaker I connect to it.

So - it looks like it's a hardware problem with the receiver itself. PITA, but fortunately, it's still under warranty.

Unless - am I missing something? Anything else I should be trying?
post #693 of 783
Hi Guys,

I recently updated my iphone to IOS 7, i wish i hadent seems as there are a few bugs there still fixing!! Also after updating my phone it can no longer see the Airplay for the Pioneer Amp?

Are Pioneer going to put out an update to support ios7, oh i hope so havent had the amp that long!!

If anyone figures out how to fix this issue please let me know.

smile.gif
post #694 of 783
Sleek, have you reset all settings on your iPhone? A few things didn't work well for me until I did that after installing iOS7
post #695 of 783
Hi there, For some reason it just wasnt working at all with my Pioneer Wireless converter that i used, i took it out and hard wired the unit it and it works awesome now!! You can even enable the Network on/off which i couldnt use before with the wireless unit.

LizardNZ: It didnt re-set my setting everything was saved in there how i had it before but just had no luck with it, i could control a few things on the Pioneer app just wouldnt pick up the Airplay until i plugged it in!

As i dont use the Wireless unit anymore im gonna sell it so if anyone needs a Pioneer Wirless Converter let me know!
post #696 of 783
I'm having an odd problem with my VSX-1127-K (which I think is just a slightly modified version of the VSX-1122-K, if this is the wrong thread, please let me know).

I recently bought a Sony BDP-S5100 bluray player, and once the initial splash screen pops up, the receiver loses video signal and it takes a significant amount of fiddling with the receiver to get the bluray player to display a picture through it again.

There are no problems when the BDP-S5100 is connected directly to my tv (or using the pioneer's hdmi passthrough when off feature).
Edited by Tomasu - 9/24/13 at 10:42pm
post #697 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasu View Post

I recently bought a Sony BDP-S5100 bluray player, and once the initial splash screen pops up, the receiver loses video signal and it takes a significant amount of fiddling with the receiver to get the bluray player to display a picture through it again.

There are no problems when the BDP-S5100 is connected directly to my tv (or using the pioneer's hdmi passthrough when off feature).

Hi Tomasu, in the BD player screen settings menu try turning off HDMI Deep Color Output.
post #698 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi Tomasu, in the BD player screen settings menu try turning off HDMI Deep Color Output.

It seems to have helped, if the receiver is on before the BD player, then it seems to display fine. But if the input is ever changed after, I can't get any video to display again without fiddling with the inputs and power on the receiver quite a bit.
post #699 of 783

Hi there!

Few days ago I did a reset on my Pioneer VSX-1122 unit and since that I'm not able to get it connected on our house network and also the USB port is not working.

I have read  others post on some similar problems but solutions presented didn't work for me.

Im trying to do an update but all I got is a message that says applying settings and after more than 4 hours nothing happens.

Need urgent advice because I don't live in USA where I bought that unit about eight moths ago and here in Venezuela the pioneer service store just told me to use without internet connection???????

Tks a lo in advance. 

Ill try everything you suggest

Luis Guerra. 

post #700 of 783

Good mornign people!

Anybody knows that if I don't get a home network connection after a reset on my AVR VSX-1122 is not possible to have the USB port working in order to make an update?

Please need help I'm outside of USA and don't have service center here, just call Pioneer customer service and the waiting time was over 25 min.

Tks a lot

LG

post #701 of 783
Has anyone else on here had an issue of your receiver simply not putting out any sound at all. The front display looks like there's nothing wrong, it shows volume going up and down, the current codec (dts DD etc.) and the speakers that are activated. it switches inputs fine, last time Iit did it I unplugged my HDMIs and plugged them back in in an act of desperation and it worked, I got all the way through Iron Man 3 one Tuesday and Ratatouille on Wednesday. I treid to turn it on to listen to the radio this morning and i got nothing. I tried unplugging and replugging the HDMI and it worked for like a minute. Anyone else have this issue? I'm really hoping this is fixable. wasn't planning on having to get a new receiver for like 5 years.
post #702 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasu View Post

It seems to have helped, if the receiver is on before the BD player, then it seems to display fine. But if the input is ever changed after, I can't get any video to display again without fiddling with the inputs and power on the receiver quite a bit.

It only got a little better. I'm not even able to view many extras on bluray disks because the receiver decides it doesn't want to deal with the bluray anymore. If I connect the player directly to my tv, things are fine. If I switch to the passthrough-when-off function of the 1127, picture and audio is magically restored.

My best guess is the 1127 has no idea how to handle hotpluging HDCP streams. When the signal goes, whoof, it decides there nothing it can do and never bothers to notice when it comes back.
post #703 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasu View Post

It only got a little better. I'm not even able to view many extras on bluray disks because the receiver decides it doesn't want to deal with the bluray anymore. If I connect the player directly to my tv, things are fine. If I switch to the passthrough-when-off function of the 1127, picture and audio is magically restored.

My best guess is the 1127 has no idea how to handle hotpluging HDCP streams. When the signal goes, whoof, it decides there nothing it can do and never bothers to notice when it comes back.
So it does indeed seem to have been a problem with the receiver. After a firmware update, it doesn't have problems with my bluray player anymore. And mode changes seem to happen faster as well.
post #704 of 783

Having the same issue with my vsx-922 receiver.

Have you managed to solve the 3db decrease in volume?

 

Thanks!

post #705 of 783
Does anyone know how to make this receiver always output 5.1? I have mine set to auto, but a lot of times I'm only hearing output from the 2 front speakers.
post #706 of 783
This might be obvious, but if not I hope this is a handy hint. I was always a bit irritated by the lack of a way to control the VSX-1122-K from my laptop but the solution is so simple that I fear I'm a bit thick for being so slow to figure it out.

You just download the Android emulator from www.bluestacks.com, get set up with a Google account, download the iControlAV2012 app and away you go. I had to enter the receiver's IP address manually for it to connect but apart from that it works very well.
post #707 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNYC View Post

For all of you having the same/similar problem what I had...

The only way to made it work was to switch wires - negative to positive and vice versa (red to black and black to red) both on speakers and receiver..
So, I called Pioneer and their Rep. told me to switch them again, and place them in original position or the way as they should be (negative to negative and positive to positive), which I did.
After that, he "explained" how to restart the receiver - receiver is turned off, and hold the power button and enter button on receiver - find the option restart/enable/enter and that's it..
Everything seem good now...

The only thing what I lost was AirPlay, but I was explained that is something that "doesn't have anything to do w/ Pioneer, that is only Apple's"... That answer was something what I did not like, but was explained to restart my network settings (on my iPhone), delete iControl app, and retrieve network again and install iControll app. I did it, but still don't have AirPlay.

Any suggestions?

By "Restart" do you mean "Reset"?
By "Enable" do you mean "Yes"?

If so I did this (twice). It didn't work for me but on one occasion one of the speakers came good.
post #708 of 783
I know this is the 1122 thread, but I have a vsx-920k that is turning on then shutting right off. Anyone know what this could be? See the video of the symptoms below. Only way to reset the unit is to unplug it for 3 days, then sometime it work fine, other times I would plug it back in and it would keep turning off. This video was taken with nothing connected to the receiver.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ajbgli/media/Mobile/VID_20131015_132155_349_zps6e65d987.mp4.html

Any help would be appreciated.
post #709 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj Brown View Post

I know this is the 1122 thread, but I have a vsx-920k that is turning on then shutting right off. Anyone know what this could be? See the video of the symptoms below. Only way to reset the unit is to unplug it for 3 days, then sometime it work fine, other times I would plug it back in and it would keep turning off. This video was taken with nothing connected to the receiver.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ajbgli/media/Mobile/VID_20131015_132155_349_zps6e65d987.mp4.html

Any help would be appreciated.

I would suggest trying the steps in the post above (Reset).
post #710 of 783
Thanks for the reply, but the reset, are you talking about holding down the enter button and power button? It turn on when I do this, but shuts right off.
post #711 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt1221in View Post

Hi-- our zone 2 which operates our outside speakers shuts off after about 20 minutes or so. Does anyone know how to fix this and extend the time in which Zone 2 will play sound?

Thanks!

Do this:

On the Pioneer remote push "home/menu"

then go to 4. System Set Up

then go to f. Other set up

then go to 1. Auto power down

them go to zone 2 and set it to "off"


Good Luck.

Robert
post #712 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by highnotefan View Post

Hello All,

I would like to play .mp3 files via a USB thumb drive inserted in the to front USB port of the VSX-1122. I get a message "no drive or wrong drive" then a display of one folder ("Volume 1") which cannot be opened. followed the manual to the letter, cannot see where I went wrong.

Inserted same thumb drive into my Panasonic Blue-Ray player, which recognizes it and plays the files fine; but I want to use the receiver's "Sound Retriever" feature and eventually play FLAC formatted files.

Any help appreciated!

I know this is an old post, but I had to try 2 USB thumb drives in order to get one to work. Some units work and some don't; unfortunately not sure what the discriminator is.

I updated my firmware, and it stopped the issues I was having.

Good Luck.

Robert
post #713 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutsch View Post


Good catch. For the steps above, you can just add the router's MAC address to the DHCP assignment table (which you did) and then just reboot the router, which will force the 1122-K to obtain a new IP address, along with everythings else on your network.
 

 

Well I did all that and still I have my receiver not connecting , When I go into the menu from the receiver Network is in grey and when I look at the router there is no ligth turning on or off ( for traffic ) so it doesnt seems to connect.


Edited by Blatrix - 11/5/13 at 6:33pm
post #714 of 783
I changed my router over last weekend. Suddenly air play disappeared, but the iControlAV2012 app still worked fine I cant send music or Pandora to the amp via wifi

Secondly, yesterday my work changed my phone from an apple to a samsung galaxy s4, so I'm having also learn android

Does anyone know the simple way to make the amp accessible on my network AND what is the best android alternative for Air Play?

Thanks
post #715 of 783
I have had no problems with my VSX-1122-K it until recently, when I changed my wifi modem/router I use. Previously, I had a TP-Link router, but I've changed ISPs and Vodafone (in New Zealand) gave me what they call a Vodafone Station SHG1500 but it appears to be a rebadged Sercomm device of some sort. Other than the problems below, I prefer it because you can connect a HDD to the router by USB and serve all your music and videos off that.

However, I now have two problems, which may be related:

1. For some reason the router does not pick up the receiver's "Friendly Name." I've tried using several different names but the router always identifies it as either "new-host" or "new-host-2". On my laptop (Windows 7) the network map will pick up the correct name, as will AirPlay on my iPhone (when it works - see issue 2). This has the Vodafone support people stumped. Is there any network setting on the receiver that might be changed to fix this? (For some stupid reason the GUI for the router doesn't let you do much with the DHCP settings. You can assign IP addresses but not much else.)

2. The only reason the above issue seems to be a problem is that the receiver is only intermittently visible on AirPlay (whether from iTunes on my laptop or from my iPhone). For instance, I will be able to play an album through AirPlay using Spotify on my phone, but when the album finishes and I select another, the receiver is no longer visible on AirPlay. Unplugging and replugging the receiver's ethernet cable seems to temporarily fix this most times but its quite random. I've assigned the receiver a fixed IP address on the router but this hasn't seemed to help. When AirPlay is not available I can still use the remote App, and play music from internet radio and from a HDD connected to the router, so the receiver is remaining connected to the network.

Any suggestions at all regarding the above issues would be gratefully received.
post #716 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardNZ View Post

I have had no problems with my VSX-1122-K it until recently, when I changed my wifi modem/router I use. Previously, I had a TP-Link router, but I've changed ISPs and Vodafone (in New Zealand) gave me what they call a Vodafone Station SHG1500 but it appears to be a rebadged Sercomm device of some sort. Other than the problems below, I prefer it because you can connect a HDD to the router by USB and serve all your music and videos off that.

However, I now have two problems, which may be related:

1. For some reason the router does not pick up the receiver's "Friendly Name." I've tried using several different names but the router always identifies it as either "new-host" or "new-host-2". On my laptop (Windows 7) the network map will pick up the correct name, as will AirPlay on my iPhone (when it works - see issue 2). This has the Vodafone support people stumped. Is there any network setting on the receiver that might be changed to fix this? (For some stupid reason the GUI for the router doesn't let you do much with the DHCP settings. You can assign IP addresses but not much else.)

2. The only reason the above issue seems to be a problem is that the receiver is only intermittently visible on AirPlay (whether from iTunes on my laptop or from my iPhone). For instance, I will be able to play an album through AirPlay using Spotify on my phone, but when the album finishes and I select another, the receiver is no longer visible on AirPlay. Unplugging and replugging the receiver's ethernet cable seems to temporarily fix this most times but its quite random. I've assigned the receiver a fixed IP address on the router but this hasn't seemed to help. When AirPlay is not available I can still use the remote App, and play music from internet radio and from a HDD connected to the router, so the receiver is remaining connected to the network.

Any suggestions at all regarding the above issues would be gratefully received.

I would try setting a static IP for your receiver first. That way you don't have to worry about the friendly name issue or DNS resolution. That may also fix your AirPlay issue.
post #717 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by RParkerMU View Post

Does anyone know how to make this receiver always output 5.1? I have mine set to auto, but a lot of times I'm only hearing output from the 2 front speakers.

I got this response after emailing Pioneer support.

"Under the different Advance Surround modes there is an option called EXT Stereo which will send audio to all speakers when selected. To access EXT Stereo press and release the Advance Surround button until EXT Stereo is displayed on the front of the receiver."
post #718 of 783
I have the same problem trying to get on to Pandora as well as Sirius. I had talked to Pioneer tech, and after determining my firmware was up-to-date, he told me to take it in to a factory authorized repair shop. I had only had the receiver 9 months, but the problems started showing up after about the 3rd month, a little at a time, sporadically at first. Anyway, after the shop had it for 5 weeks on account of an out of stock part (network integration card). I picked it up, had no problems for about a week, and then, just as before "server error" when attempting to log on to Sirius, Pandora and internet radio. I am using a hard wire internet connection, so I know I have a good connection. I really don't think I'll take it in again. I'll just never buy a Pioneer receiver again. I grew up with Pioneer, but if this is what the company has become (reading about all the problems on this site) I'll just change brands on my next purchase.
post #719 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by RParkerMU View Post

I would try setting a static IP for your receiver first. That way you don't have to worry about the friendly name issue or DNS resolution. That may also fix your AirPlay issue.

Yes, I've tried that (sorry, I referred to it as a "fixed IP" rather than " static" in my post above.) It seemed to make no difference.
post #720 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkeg View Post

I have the same problem trying to get on to Pandora as well as Sirius. I had talked to Pioneer tech, and after determining my firmware was up-to-date, he told me to take it in to a factory authorized repair shop. I had only had the receiver 9 months, but the problems started showing up after about the 3rd month, a little at a time, sporadically at first. Anyway, after the shop had it for 5 weeks on account of an out of stock part (network integration card). I picked it up, had no problems for about a week, and then, just as before "server error" when attempting to log on to Sirius, Pandora and internet radio. I am using a hard wire internet connection, so I know I have a good connection. I really don't think I'll take it in again. I'll just never buy a Pioneer receiver again. I grew up with Pioneer, but if this is what the company has become (reading about all the problems on this site) I'll just change brands on my next purchase.

I'm assuming they had you try a factory reset?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread