or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Medal of Honor Warfighter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Medal of Honor Warfighter - Page 4

post #91 of 178
Big thank you to Hoosier for being the decoy for me last night. He put himself on the line and drew in the enemies while I mowed them down as they tried to kill him. I was able to get the Apache, but the round ended immediately.
post #92 of 178
Played some last night. Was okay but I doubt that I'd buy the game for full price. First few matches were kind of fun although still trying to figure out everything. The last match ended up going awful which I think was mostly a server issue, plus several of the other team were level 30 something in the juggernaut type outfits and were pretty tough to bring down.
post #93 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

Big thank you to Hoosier for being the decoy for me last night. He put himself on the line and drew in the enemies while I mowed them down as they tried to kill him. I was able to get the Apache, but the round ended immediately.

That was funny as hell, I was the bait and you just kept mowing them down. I just remembered today I would have been able to be in the Apache with you had we not won.mad.gif
post #94 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

That was funny as hell, I was the bait and you just kept mowing them down. I just remembered today I would have been able to be in the Apache with you had we not won.mad.gif

I was kinda excited for it too, I said in the party chat, "I just got the Apache" and then the round over screen appeared. It made me laugh, but that was just to mask the anger at not getting to use it.
post #95 of 178
Thread Starter 
Trail and I got in the Apache last night and just wrecked the place. The cool thing is its kind of set in place, I could swivel maybe 30 degrees but it was pretty fixed otherwise and easy to shoot down if they would have stayed out of my sights. Field of fire is then limited so its not OP but its still OP for the area your blasting. We were over the pillbox facing their spawn in the broken building but I only really had a shot on the path right there. Enemies could easily circle around the flank at the other side by the pickup. So even with a vehicle overhead its not completely dominating. Not sure what Trail was seeing for his field of fire. Whoever sits in the pilot seat, you have limited rockets doubt just mash the trigger.

I'm hoping these choppers are left alone. I like them as is. I dont feel like I'm constantly being owned by them and mine get shot down quickly by an experienced team so I'm not getting a ton of kills. Kind of all balances out.
post #96 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatteoMS View Post

Played some last night. Was okay but I doubt that I'd buy the game for full price. First few matches were kind of fun although still trying to figure out everything. The last match ended up going awful which I think was mostly a server issue, plus several of the other team were level 30 something in the juggernaut type outfits and were pretty tough to bring down.

i think the counter to the juggernaut guys is the high powered ammo specialty in the point man class (i think that's the name). It deals more damage but has higher recoil.
post #97 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Trail and I got in the Apache last night and just wrecked the place. The cool thing is its kind of set in place, I could swivel maybe 30 degrees but it was pretty fixed otherwise and easy to shoot down if they would have stayed out of my sights. Field of fire is then limited so its not OP but its still OP for the area your blasting. We were over the pillbox facing their spawn in the broken building but I only really had a shot on the path right there. Enemies could easily circle around the flank at the other side by the pickup. So even with a vehicle overhead its not completely dominating. Not sure what Trail was seeing for his field of fire. Whoever sits in the pilot seat, you have limited rockets doubt just mash the trigger.
I'm hoping these choppers are left alone. I like them as is. I dont feel like I'm constantly being owned by them and mine get shot down quickly by an experienced team so I'm not getting a ton of kills. Kind of all balances out.

Yeah gunning the chopper was fun, it was nice to just unload in the gunner seat without hearing any lock on tones (looking at you BF3). I was so surprised and excited i just held down the trigger and shot at anything that was moving. I'm not sure how the game decides where the chopper faces, maybe towards the objective. But the gunner's view was IR white hot, and I had a similar view, maybe 30-45 degrees from center both directions, and i dont recall if the gun had to reload or not, just too giddy at shooting everyone biggrin.gif
post #98 of 178
Considering how easy they are to take down, I'd say they should be pretty powerful. I was able to take a Blackhawk down with two noob tubes and a single magazine.
post #99 of 178
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

Considering how easy they are to take down, I'd say they should be pretty powerful. I was able to take a Blackhawk down with two noob tubes and a single magazine.

Yea to me things feel really balanced and I've put a fair amount of time in. Once the masses start coming in and get butthurt those might be nerfed into uselessness though.
post #100 of 178
Thread Starter 
Had a decent fireteam buddy that worked well with me for a random. In the midst of that I think I figured something out. The green star that your buddy shows on the minimap is either open or closed. I think open means no bonus and closed means bonus.
post #101 of 178
Thread Starter 
Watched a youtube vid that explained the heavy gunner a bit. He's basically a support guy with unlimited ammo that can give ammo out to any teammate regardless of squad. If you go prone and put the bipod out you never run out of ammo, but I did notice that if you heat the barrel up he either reloads or maybe clears a jam.
post #102 of 178
Thread Starter 
Look up UAV troll on Youtube!
post #103 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Look up UAV troll on Youtube!

Ha, I never thought to chuck the UAV directly at someone biggrin.gif
post #104 of 178
I grabbed the Beta and played a few rounds today. In general, I like it. As usual with a new game, I was confused with some aspects, but figured most of it out as I played more.

I found this really nice brief walk through of the game, helped me with some questions I had.
post #105 of 178
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectreone3 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Look up UAV troll on Youtube!

Ha, I never thought to chuck the UAV directly at someone biggrin.gif

I dont know who thought that up but its on my todo list!
post #106 of 178
maybe it is just me but this game just feels... average.. i mean it doesn't suck, but it's not great either, they are also releasing the game at a horrible time (halo4 and COD about to come out). I played for a while and it just felt meh to me, nothing really jumped out at me or really made me want to keep playing... also the spawn killing is annoying...
post #107 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11 View Post

I grabbed the Beta and played a few rounds today. In general, I like it. As usual with a new game, I was confused with some aspects, but figured most of it out as I played more.
I found this really nice brief walk through of the game, helped me with some questions I had.

Nice post! That helped a ton.
post #108 of 178
Thread Starter 
BF3 players get Swedish SOG soldier day one.
post #109 of 178
Is the beta closed now? Tried to get on but just kept getting a message about failing to connect to the EA servers.
post #110 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectreone3 View Post

Is the beta closed now? Tried to get on but just kept getting a message about failing to connect to the EA servers.

yeah, it closed Sunday night
post #111 of 178
Thread Starter 
post #112 of 178
I haven't seen many positive impressions of this yet. Might have to pass unless I see something soon.

Anyone know what the 'limited edition' comes with for extras? And if it's available to non-preorders?
post #113 of 178
Apparently EA wasnt confident enough to send critics advance copies.

Tells me all I need to know.
post #114 of 178
post #115 of 178
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Apparently EA wasnt confident enough to send critics advance copies.

Tells me all I need to know.

I believe Dice did the same with BF3 if memory serves. They wanted the end result with patches to be what was graded not pre release. No big deal.
post #116 of 178
Thread Starter 
So far so good. Campaign isn't bad so far. Already played most of the videos I've seen. Car chase was fun! Birds, bikes, and whatever else bouncing off the windshield. Tossing on multi now. Just as much to install as BF3, 2 discs plus HD textures. Small title update too, but I read the big patch is still coming for Xbox.
post #117 of 178
Thread Starter 
They added some tutorials in the start of the multiplayer section explaining things. Evidently can swap between fireteam and party chat to cut the clutter out.
post #118 of 178
Thread Starter 
ECA AVS platoon created for those interested. Multi is pretty fun. Played a few of the game types. Homerun is the 30 second match, its CTF mixed with one death per round. Hotspot from the beta is cool too. Tried a little combat mission too. So far the maps don''t have a lot of long sight lines for sniping and dropping tons of streaks on but they have tons of cover.

If you checked out the beta the gameplay is about the same. Graphically I'm torn, it looks good but some maps just seem odd. I read for BF3 that the neon colors were used on purpose so maybe the expanded color pallette is making it odd. Menu system was improved but it's still strange. They put more explanations for the various pieces which helps out. Went with the default control scheme and after the initial shock of getting used to it, I am finally not trying to axe people as much when going prone.

Blackhawks get taken out almost immediately or at least the gunner, but that was on one game. Might have been a good squad.

Overall it's a solid experience. I'll bet it gets about an 8 or 8.5 from the critics, probably similar to what BF3 got but maybe a little less.
post #119 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

ECA AVS platoon created for those interested. Multi is pretty fun. Played a few of the game types. Homerun is the 30 second match, its CTF mixed with one death per round. Hotspot from the beta is cool too. Tried a little combat mission too. So far the maps don''t have a lot of long sight lines for sniping and dropping tons of streaks on but they have tons of cover.
If you checked out the beta the gameplay is about the same. Graphically I'm torn, it looks good but some maps just seem odd. I read for BF3 that the neon colors were used on purpose so maybe the expanded color pallette is making it odd. Menu system was improved but it's still strange. They put more explanations for the various pieces which helps out. Went with the default control scheme and after the initial shock of getting used to it, I am finally not trying to axe people as much when going prone.
Blackhawks get taken out almost immediately or at least the gunner, but that was on one game. Might have been a good squad.
Overall it's a solid experience. I'll bet it gets about an 8 or 8.5 from the critics, probably similar to what BF3 got but maybe a little less.

Probably won't be a very big platoon Nexus smile.gif. Anyway, I have to get ready for an 8 day West Coast business trip tonight, so I probably won't be on until a bit later. The game should be on my porch when I get there hopefully. Taking my xbox with me too so I may be playing some while I travel.
post #120 of 178
It arrived in the mail today so I might pop it in a bit. Didnt play the beta so you might be answering a few questions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Medal of Honor Warfighter