or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › NE PA/NY/NJ/DE/MD/VA GTG - Take Two!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NE PA/NY/NJ/DE/MD/VA GTG - Take Two! - Page 2

Poll Results: Which date works for you? Please vote only once.

Poll expired: Aug 3, 2012  
  • 33% (5)
    Saturday, September 15th
  • 20% (3)
    Saturday, October 13th
  • 46% (7)
    Saturday, October 20th
15 Total Votes  
post #31 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

Craig and I have spoken in the past, so we do know each other. Unfortunately I don't know Jeff at all, so I can't help there. Let's see what happens with the post you made at CHT. Maybe that will be sufficient. If not, I'll reach out to Craig.
I'm seriously considering it - I'd love to go. At this point I'm just waiting to see what date gets selected.

Cool, let's see if we strike some interest over at CHT,
post #32 of 605
Cool. I'd probably be interested in showing up simply to check out the other subs and those Def Techs you have. I have DefTech towers myself and would like to compare them to yours.

I own dual VTF 15Hs but I see that someone is already bringing his/hers.

Ray
post #33 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehza View Post

Cool. I'd probably be interested in showing up simply to check out the other subs and those Def Techs you have. I have DefTech towers myself and would like to compare them to yours.
I own dual VTF 15Hs but I see that someone is already bringing his/hers.
Ray

Ray - It looks like we may only have 1 VTF15 so far so if you could bring one of yours so we could compare duals/duals that would be great!

As for the DTs - As you can see I nearly have the whole lineup at the house, so take your pick to audition.

If anyone is interested, I could set up a music only setup upstairs as well. biggrin.gif
post #34 of 605
Oh crap, a second VTF 15H... this get together is going to cost me $1000 because once I hear duals I'm going to want to buy another one.
post #35 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebracatzebra View Post

Oh crap, a second VTF 15H... this get together is going to cost me $1000 because once I hear duals I'm going to want to buy another one.

WARNING: These types of events can often cause that effect. biggrin.gif Be sure to buy your wife/significant other a nice gift PRIOR to the event. eek.gif

I'm now trying to decide on a new receiver: The tried and true Denon 4311ci vs. the new Onkyo 818. There is nearly a $400 premium for the Denon now!


I also added an addendum to the original post:

Stuff for sale
: I know I ALWAYS have some equipment I need to sell, so if any others are in the same category, feel free to bring it. I've got plenty of space to store it out of the way during the sub evaluation. Swap meets are fun. smile.gif
post #36 of 605
i live in Maple Shade NJ, behind the Cherry Hill Mall...I want to come outside and play...my sub just died and would love to come and listen if that's ok. I don't have any equipment to bring as I have a receiver, a network player and two speakers...no sub...
post #37 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclif77 View Post

no sub...

Now this is a problem....

and it must be fixed! I'd imagine after the GTG you'll have a good idea of what you like.
Edited by Gorilla83 - 7/19/12 at 12:22pm
post #38 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post


Stuff for sale[/B]: I know I ALWAYS have some equipment I need to sell, so if any others are in the same category, feel free to bring it. I've got plenty of space to store it out of the way during the sub evaluation. Swap meets are fun. smile.gif
i have plenty of that!!
post #39 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Ray - It looks like we may only have 1 VTF15 so far so if you could bring one of yours so we could compare duals/duals that would be great!
As for the DTs - As you can see I nearly have the whole lineup at the house, so take your pick to audition.
If anyone is interested, I could set up a music only setup upstairs as well. biggrin.gif

Yea that would be awesome. Lifting this damn Sub is a PITA though. It's sitting in a nice corner in my basement. LOL

Since the meet isn't in the near future, I can't guarantee that I will attend, but I'd love to.


Ray
post #40 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehza View Post

Yea that would be awesome. Lifting this damn Sub is a PITA though. It's sitting in a nice corner in my basement. LOL
Since the meet isn't in the near future, I can't guarantee that I will attend, but I'd love to.
Ray

Use of a hand truck and/or movers straps makes things MUCH easier!

On a related note picked up an omnimic today in preparation for the event. biggrin.gif
post #41 of 605
I'm keeping an eye on this thread and would like to attend (as would a friend of mine who is not a member here). I have not voted as any of the dates would work. Let's face it, if any of my friends, out of the blue, tell me they are getting married or something on one of those dates, well, isn't that what camcorders were made for?

As was true last time, I still have a Rythmik E15 if there is any interest (if not it would be no trouble leaving it home). Based on some of the big boys that will be attending, it wouldn't match the extension or output. But in my smaller-ish room, it has plenty of output down to low double digits.

If any amps are needed, I have a six channel Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold. It's rated at 425 watts at 8 ohms driving all six channels (and is capable down to 2 ohms). So, if there are any hard to drive speakers, this would have no problem pushing them. The downside is the six channels, so if you have a seven channel set up, we'd still need another amp.
post #42 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by realjetavenger View Post

I'm keeping an eye on this thread and would like to attend (as would a friend of mine who is not a member here). I have not voted as any of the dates would work. Let's face it, if any of my friends, out of the blue, tell me they are getting married or something on one of those dates, well, isn't that what camcorders were made for?
As was true last time, I still have a Rythmik E15 if there is any interest (if not it would be no trouble leaving it home). Based on some of the big boys that will be attending, it wouldn't match the extension or output. But in my smaller-ish room, it has plenty of output down to low double digits.
If any amps are needed, I have a six channel Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold. It's rated at 425 watts at 8 ohms driving all six channels (and is capable down to 2 ohms). So, if there are any hard to drive speakers, this would have no problem pushing them. The downside is the six channels, so if you have a seven channel set up, we'd still need another amp.

I for one would love to hear a Rythmik sub. Maybe we could set this up with my Magnepan MMGs upstairs for a music only setup? That would be pretty cool.

As for the Cinepro amp - The only amp I currently have for my mains is an Acurus 200x3. If you wouldn't mind (and could possibly come a bit early to setup with me) it would be cool to see to difference vs. my Acurus. biggrin.gif Where are you located?
post #43 of 605
No problem I can do that, well, assuming my friend's suv is available to haul the sub. smile.gif

I am located in NJ just a few minutes from the Walt Whitman bridge.
post #44 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

I for one would love to hear a Rythmik sub.

I for two would like to hear an E15. Seems like a very nice sub to me.
post #45 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

I for two would like to hear an E15. Seems like a very nice sub to me.

I'd actually been toying with the idea of doing a pair of FV15HP's with a set of Maggie 1.7's in the basement setup for a 50/50 HT/Music rig. Would be really great to hear something similar in person, especially to compare to the Caps in music mode.
post #46 of 605
Bad news is that the family trip to Oahu has been shot down. Good news is that opens up the chance at attending your GTG!

It would be wonderful to meet some you like minded hobbiest in the enjoyment of good bass and good times!

If someone could pass by the top of the D.C 495 to help carry, truck pool and haul my CHT18.2 - would love to bring that with the Dayton. Too big for just me and my car.

Thanks for picking this up Gorilla, and would like to help however I can. I'm pushing for Oct 20th! smile.gif
post #47 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehza View Post

Yea that would be awesome. Lifting this damn Sub is a PITA though. It's sitting in a nice corner in my basement. LOL
Since the meet isn't in the near future, I can't guarantee that I will attend, but I'd love to.
Ray

Use of a hand truck and/or movers straps makes things MUCH easier!

On a related note picked up an omnimic today in preparation for the event. biggrin.gif


Did you plot out your caps using the omnimic upstairs yet?
post #48 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdman View Post

Bad news is that the family trip to Oahu has been shot down. Good news is that opens up the chance at attending your GTG!
It would be wonderful to meet some you like minded hobbiest in the enjoyment of good bass and good times!
If someone could pass by the top of the D.C 495 to help carry, truck pool and haul my CHT18.2 - would love to bring that with the Dayton. Too big for just me and my car.
Thanks for picking this up Gorilla, and would like to help however I can. I'm pushing for Oct 20th! smile.gif

Great! It would be really nice to get some proper CHT representation as well. Hope someone nearby can give you a hand. I can certainly help unload.

I did get a response from Craig, said as of now the 20th would work best for him as well.

Thats too bad about Oahu though, it's N awesome place! Maybe another time.
post #49 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Did you plot out your caps using the omnimic upstairs yet?

No, not yet. frown.gif have made some very good headway with the basement though. Pictures to follow soon biggrin.gif
post #50 of 605
I am pushing for the Sept date smile.gif. Oct is really iffy for me. But if it ends up being OCT oh well. Maybe I will still make it depending on my other Oct plans.
post #51 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

I am pushing for the Sept date smile.gif. Oct is really iffy for me. But if it ends up being OCT oh well. Maybe I will still make it depending on my other Oct plans.

I'll let the voting go until next Friday, August 3rd. If it's tied like it is now then I'll toss a coin. biggrin.gif
post #52 of 605
Both days in October is good with me, I can change my vote to the 20th to break the tie. smile.gifsmile.gif
post #53 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Both days in October is good with me, I can change my vote to the 20th to break the tie. smile.gifsmile.gif

Whoa, big lead for the 20th now. How many user names did you vote with? Haha. biggrin.gif
post #54 of 605
how do you RSVP? :-)
post #55 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist718 View Post

how do you RSVP? :-)

I've added you to the list. A few questions for you:

Where are you located?

Have you voted on a date yet?

Would you like to bring any equipment?

Thanks!
post #56 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

Whoa, big lead for the 20th now. How many user names did you vote with? Haha. biggrin.gif
HAHAHA. My vote is still shows on the 13th and I don't know how to change it. I think it was 5 votes for the 20th up until last night. If I can edit my vote, then it's will be 8 total for the 20th.
post #57 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

I've added you to the list. A few questions for you:
Where are you located?
Have you voted on a date yet?
Would you like to bring any equipment?
Thanks!

Hi there,

I am in Brooklyn, NY. I did vote, BUT any date works for me. Earlier is better.
I don't have much equipment yet, so I won't be bringing stuff. I am waiting for my Sierras-1 NrT to arrive and getting the RYTHMIK F12 sub soon.
post #58 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist718 View Post

Hi there,
I am in Brooklyn, NY. I did vote, BUT any date works for me. Earlier is better.
I don't have much equipment yet, so I won't be bringing stuff. I am waiting for my Sierras-1 NrT to arrive and getting the RYTHMIK F12 sub soon.

Great I'm sure you will have a blast.


Side note - it would be great to get a second submersive and a pair of the jl 113s to listen to. biggrin.gif
post #59 of 605
Any thoughts on a playlist for Music/Movies??
post #60 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Any thoughts on a playlist for Music/Movies??

Good question. I do have a copy of the blu ray demo disc, so that should cover most of the popular scenes for movies.

As for music - it would be really cool if someone with an eclectic collection could put together a demo disc in the interest of saving time. Let's say we cover samples of: classic rock, modern rock, hip hop, dubstep, jazz, etc.

Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › NE PA/NY/NJ/DE/MD/VA GTG - Take Two!