or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread - Page 6

post #151 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

Every product is supported quite well for 3-6 months may be max 1 yr. It is the support after that which matters. These media players are getting obsolete in 18-24 months, so I feel 149 price point was ok to spend every 2 years??

If you want to spend $149.99 buy a Micca.
post #152 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

I don't know where you guys are buying for 200 USD, but I see 250+tax for wifi version on http://www.mediaconceptusa.com/mede8er.html Are you using any coupon codes to bring it down to 200?

My comparison was for non WiFi. The Micca is $170 (or $169.95 if that makes you feel better) on Amazon and that doesn't include WiFi, it's WiFi ready. You need the optional adapter which will run you extra, I don't know how much because I can't find it. They have a list of non Micca adapters that are compatible so do your search for which one you think you will be lucky enough to actually work. If you live in NY like I do Amazon collects state tax, medaconceptusa does not.
post #153 of 1300
Mede8er just released a new beta firmware that looks very promising, especially with regards to the framerate issue affecting not just the 1000X3D, but all Realtek 1186-based streamers I believe. Also, good to read playlist select feature for BD-ISO's is coming next.
Quote:
Changelog
1) Removed NTFSFIX as introduced in V1.0.3-30Aug as it causes problems with 3TB drives
2) Fixed Internet connection on wire Network
2) Corrected the Audio Display when using 'Info' button during video play
3) Fixed HDD Spin Down time adjust
4) Added Auto fps for 50/60/59.940 fps
5) Corrected display in 3D to 23.976
6) Changed Default Audio setting after install to 'HDMI Auto'
7) New functionality - BD Audio will now play in preference of supported quality ie HD Audio --- Normal Core Dolby/DTS/ --- PCM
8) Fixed Croation Language GUI
9) Alpha Functionality - BD Playlist - Press Menu Button during BD Play and Select 'Playlist' - should be completed next week
post #154 of 1300
Copy/paste of my test results from Mede8er forum...

Just did some tests. Except for a small issue, an excellent firmware update.

Both 2D and 3D film-based movies are output at exactly 23.976. Previously, it was 23.98 for 2D and 23.99 for 3D. This becomes the first 1186 streamer to get framerates correctly nailed down.

I enabled BD menu and tried 'Cars 2' 3D BD-ISO, but I got a 'no 3D display detected' message. Turned off BD menu and movie played correctly in 3D. Had to re-enable BD menu after movie had started in order to test the new 'Playlist' alpha functionality. Works great. The only issue I notice is that Disney/Pixar 3D ISO's now play the wrong (Spanish) credits playlist by default, not the correct English as it did prior to this firmware. In other words, you're now forced to use the playlist function to guess the correct (English) playlist.
post #155 of 1300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Mede8er just released a new beta firmware that looks very promising, especially with regards to the framerate issue affecting not just the 1000X3D, but all Realtek 1186-based streamers I believe. Also, good to read playlist select feature for BD-ISO's is coming next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Copy/paste of my test results from Mede8er forum...
Just did some tests. Except for a small issue, an excellent firmware update.
Both 2D and 3D film-based movies are output at exactly 23.976. Previously, it was 23.98 for 2D and 23.99 for 3D. This becomes the first 1186 streamer to get framerates correctly nailed down.
I enabled BD menu and tried 'Cars 2' 3D BD-ISO, but I got a 'no 3D display detected' message. Turned off BD menu and movie played correctly in 3D. Had to re-enable BD menu after movie had started in order to test the new 'Playlist' alpha functionality. Works great. The only issue I notice is that Disney/Pixar 3D ISO's now play the wrong (Spanish) credits playlist by default, not the correct English as it did prior to this firmware. In other words, you're now forced to use the playlist function to guess the correct (English) playlist.

Really great stuff, and in my mind helping to set themselves apart from the pack.

Hoping to finish testing this weekend after I update to the latest beta and then get a review posted next week
post #156 of 1300
Looking forward to your take. The bar is now set fairly high for PCH's A-400.
post #157 of 1300
I know this is off topic, but how are you creating your 3D files? Are they SBS? Frame packed? What program and what container are you using?
post #158 of 1300
Frame-packed ISO's via the little red fox smile.gif. I keep all my discs around through. Never know when you need to re-rip in some cases.
post #159 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Frame-packed ISO's via the little red fox smile.gif. I keep all my discs around through. Never know when you need to re-rip in some cases.

smart.....im doing the same with dvdfab

9) Alpha Functionality - BD Playlist - Press Menu Button during BD Play and Select 'Playlist' - should be completed next week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Looking forward to your take. The bar is now set fairly high for PCH's A-400.

x2
post #160 of 1300
Canton, the BD playlist selection function is already there as of this latest beta, and works fine. Except for the issue I noted.
post #161 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Looking forward to your take. The bar is now set fairly high for PCH's A-400.

For software related things: YES. it is a wonderful tool that does everything well! Gone the days of HCPC, whenalways something not work! No frustration any more, right frame-rate, and starts in a second!

But....honestly the A-400 and later the dune, should give a better Pq with the new sigma chip. Mind it LOOKS good on the X3, but on a good display, like the Sony VW 95, it is clear that it looks a bit artificial, and that picture is sharpened, and not so natural.
post #162 of 1300
Is this one of the only players that can handle a frame packed 3D ISO?
post #163 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieke2 View Post

For software related things: YES. it is a wonderful tool that does everything well! Gone the days of HCPC, whenalways something not work! No frustration any more, right frame-rate, and starts in a second!
But....honestly the A-400 and later the dune, should give a better Pq with the new sigma chip. Mind it LOOKS good on the X3, but on a good display, like the Sony VW 95, it is clear that it looks a bit artificial, and that picture is sharpened, and not so natural.

@indieke
a bit off topic

try this since you are in france/belgium

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorimetre-hcfr/hcfr-colormeter/

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B000X4X35C/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1347580207&sr=8-1&condition=new

http://www.amazon.fr/High-Definition-Étalonnage-dévaluation-affichages-processeurs/dp/B003LQPTWY/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1347580362&sr=1-1-catcorr

i start my tests today in spare optoma hd700x, and only calibrate the contrast, grayscale, RGB to 100% in d65 i already see huge differences and its so easy to follow the tutorial.

example i never expect the rgb blue needs to be on 25 and the red in -10, at naked eye its impossible to see.

dont expect in 5 minutes and is done, at least one hour back and forward and job done.
cant wait to try it on epson and the other tvs.
Edited by canton160 - 9/13/12 at 5:05pm
post #164 of 1300
Thanks for those links. I was planning to do calibration, after I got my definitive player. Those links really help. But it will not do anything about the sharpening of the X3, as you cant put it down on hte player, and my Sony is on 0 already. The Oppo 95 looks like ht eprojector, not need any calibration, it is so natural and good, but of course will look even better if calibration is done!
post #165 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishdoom View Post

Is this one of the only players that can handle a frame packed 3D ISO?
No, there are many... any player with Realtek's 1186 chip: HiMedia HD900B, Micca EP950 & EP600G2, Xtreamer Prodigy & Sidewinder 3, etc. But, the Mede8er is easily the best to date with this chip.
post #166 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

No, there are many... any player with Realtek's 1186 chip: HiMedia HD900B, Micca EP950 & EP600G2, Xtreamer Prodigy & Sidewinder 3, etc. But, the Mede8er is easily the best to date with this chip.

agree, and im getting mine tomorow biggrin.gif after the supplier failed the delivery on 1st september.

will be head to head with micca.
post #167 of 1300
Not sure if you guys have spotted this thread about an almost-hard-to-believe $269 image enhancer, but ordered it to see how much it helps my 1000X3D PQ (works with 3D), or for that matter any source. BTW, that price only thru end of today apparently, and AVS is selling it.
post #168 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Not sure if you guys have spotted this thread about an almost-hard-to-believe $269 image enhancer, but ordered it to see how much it helps my 1000X3D PQ (works with 3D), or for that matter any source. BTW, that price only thru end of today apparently, and AVS is selling it.

I have one of those and love it.

I am now thinking of trying out yet another media player thanks to the frame rate issue seemingly resolved. smile.gif

Bill
post #169 of 1300
Might be jumping aboard also...I just setup a HTPC this week and the speed and UI is fantastic!!!! However, I may have the 24p frame rate issue...jury is still out. This player really has caught my attention. I currently have a pch a300 so I don't believe I will be giving pch another try.
post #170 of 1300
The other issues I had with my HTPC was were some 1080p/60 videos blanking out, losing HDMI handshake, and some XBMC nightly builds causing 1:1 BD rips to stutter. The PCH A-300 isn't bad (just sold mine as the Mede8er 1000X3D does 2D and 3D well), and I may even try out the upcoming A-400 to compare.
post #171 of 1300
I am interested in the versatility of a media streamer with a hard drive. i have a Roku but do not stream files and not sure how to best achieve this. I have a Widows XP desktop with multimedia files I would want to put on the MED1000X3D's hard drive. Can I do this using my Thermaltake BlacX docking station and then put the hard drive back into the MED1000X3D to play them? What sort of formatting to the hard drive would I need and what would need to be done after reinstalling the drive?

Alternatively, what sort of transfer speeds are the offered WiFi solutions (dongle and PCIE card?) for the streamer capable of? I do not have a wired home so I would like to be able to load up a hard drive with the docking station since that would seem to be the quickest solution for transferring files.

Thanks
post #172 of 1300
The 1000X3D reads FAT/32 and NTFS. You can either put your media on a hard drive and drop it into the player, or copy to the hard drive in the player via USB or home network. The 1000X3D has a file manager like other media players. Not sure about wi-fi speeds as I'm hard-wired. Probably okay for copying files, just not high bitrate 1080p streaming.
post #173 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

The 1000X3D reads FAT/32 and NTFS. You can either put your media on a hard drive and drop it into the player, or copy to the hard drive in the player via USB or home network. The 1000X3D has a file manager like other media players. Not sure about wi-fi speeds as I'm hard-wired. Probably okay for copying files, just not high bitrate 1080p streaming.
Thank you for the reply.

Is there anything I need to do to the file names or folder structure to make it readable by the MED1000X3D? I've read about other media streamer software that requires files to be named in a specific format for the streamer's file manager (jukebox?) to search the internet and attribute correct movie information to the file. Or can my files be whatever name I choose and I can search through the hard drive's folders and files to find what I want as if I were using Windows Explorer?
post #174 of 1300
Not for the unit per se, but for the jukebox tool you run on your PC, then generate the appropriate poster, details (about.jpg) and metadata (moviename.xml) files. Mede8er relies on a tool called Y2M (YAMJ-to-Mede8er) for building movie jukebox(es). Instructions are here. Also, what really helps is using something like Ember Media Manager beforehand to scrape exactly the posters, fanart, etc. you want.
post #175 of 1300
Brajesh:

OK. Thank you again for the info and tips. The MED1000X3D looks like it should suit my needs and more. I was looking for the new Dune to come out but who knows when that might be.
post #176 of 1300
can anyone proceed a few tests about the med1000x3d ( i already post it in mede8er forums see here

the test
i see the user @brajesh reporting that the 23,976 is fix in 3d, but a user in mede8er forums with a epson tw6000 is saying that the info in pj is 23,99hz and the info in x3 is 23,976, and is having same issues i have, with judder and stuff like that.

since my epson is under warranty repair i cant check this out.
but my blu-ray player samsung and panasonic , i remember they clearly display 23,976 in epson info.

my micca ep950 shows 23,98hz under 3d , but in espon it displays 23.99hz

i would like to no what info is showing in your projectors using the med1000x3d in 3D, to check if this 3d 23,976 info is not a gimmik from mede8er engeeniers.

my micca ep950 works flawless under same conditions.

update: i was having issues in some 3D movies in X3, and i change a cat 5 to a cat 6 cable and improved everything but 2D still have judder.

update 2 : all my judder is gone in 2d , now is working perfectly well,

heres my settings (some of them im sure they dont interfere in video playback , but with does settings is working perfectly for me)

system -
resume play to off
cec -on , one touch stanby off
all the others default

audio
hdmi passthrough
spdif passthrough
surround sound true hd dts-hd 7.1
lips sync auto

video
16:9
hdmi auto
1080p 24 hz on
auto framerate on
plasma mode off

network
samba on
all the other default

regards
canton
Edited by canton160 - 10/10/12 at 11:37pm
post #177 of 1300
My Optoma HD33 PJ will only show rounded-up values, like 24Hz for 23.976, 23.98, etc., so it's no help to know exactly what framerate it's receiving. In saying 23.976 for 2D and 3D, I was going by what the 1000X3D reported.
post #178 of 1300
Experiencing my first stutter with the 1000X3D. It's with the new 'Titanic' 3D BD over wired SMB. Starts around chapter 5, with video stuttering, followed by audio dropouts, and even playback itself freezing. Seems like a network issue. I haven't tried the title via direct USB connection yet. I also played the latest 'Transformers' 3D ISO for about 30 minutes via SMB without issues. Can someone with 'Titanic' 3D do a playback test over network? Thanks.
post #179 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Experiencing my first stutter with the 1000X3D. It's with the new 'Titanic' 3D BD over wired SMB. Starts around chapter 5, with video stuttering, followed by audio dropouts, and even playback itself freezing. Seems like a network issue. I haven't tried the title via direct USB connection yet. I also played the latest 'Transformers' 3D ISO for about 30 minutes via SMB without issues. Can someone with 'Titanic' 3D do a playback test over network? Thanks.

im using a cat6 cable, after the cat5 failed in some 3d titles....not sure if will be benefict in your case.

it could be the rip has well, try in a physical hard drive and you have the awnser.
post #180 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

can anyone proceed a few tests about the med1000x3d ( i already post it in mede8er forums see here
the test
i see the user @brajesh reporting that the 23,976 is fix in 3d, but a user in mede8er forums with a epson tw6000 is saying that the info in pj is 23,99hz and the info in x3 is 23,976, and is having same issues i have, with judder and stuff like that.
since my epson is under warranty repair i cant check this out.
but my blu-ray player samsung and panasonic , i remember they clearly display 23,976 in epson info.
my micca ep950 shows 23,98hz under 3d , but in espon it displays 23.99hz
i would like to no what info is showing in your projectors using the med1000x3d in 3D, to check if this 3d 23,976 info is not a gimmik from mede8er engeeniers.
my micca ep950 works flawless under same conditions.
update: i was having issues in some 3D movies in X3, and i change a cat 5 to a cat 6 cable and improved everything but 2D still have judder.
update 2 : all my judder is gone in 2d , now is working perfectly well,
heres my settings (some of them im sure they dont interfere in video playback , but with does settings is working perfectly for me)
system -
resume play to off
cec -on , one touch stanby off
all the others default
audio
hdmi passthrough
spdif passthrough
surround sound true hd dts-hd 7.1
lips sync auto
video
16:9
hdmi auto
1080p 24 hz on
auto framerate off
plasma mode off
network
samba on
all the other default
regards
canton

Hi Canton,

Why u decided to put auto frame rate off? Is much easier especially if you not know the frame rate.

Also, what are your findings? I tweaked the contrast a bit on the player, much better. Picture is sharp and crisp, colours very nice, but am I the only one who notice some sharpening?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread