or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread - Page 19

post #541 of 1300
We ship with remote batteries but in the case of Air Freight to USA they have to be removed for safety reasons. We have all the safety certification but they will not easily accept this and it can cause some long delays on both sides so this is the situation.

Mede8er1
post #542 of 1300

I prefer the classic looks of a 600 over the 1000 – it makes rack-mounting it so much easier. However, a 600 may not work for me, so I am looking for confirmation of what I have gathered thus far:

 

- Reliable/stutter-free playback of 3D ISOs is only possible through an internal HDD.

- It is not possible through a) an USB2-attached HDD or b) over LAN.

 

- An internal HDD of a MED1000X3D can be accessed from another PC a) over Gigabit LAN or b) through its USB3 slave port.

- This happens at their nominal speeds for Gigabit LAN / USB3.

- No setting change in the X3 is needed for accessing the HDD during playback.

 

Is my understanding correct?

____

Axel

post #543 of 1300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post

I prefer the classic looks of a 600 over the 1000 – it makes rack-mounting it so much easier. However, a 600 may not work for me, so I am looking for confirmation of what I have gathered thus far:

- Reliable/stutter-free playback of 3D ISOs is only possible through an internal HDD.
- It is not possible through a) an USB2-attached HDD or b) over LAN.

- An internal HDD of a MED1000X3D can be accessed from another PC a) over Gigabit LAN or b) through its USB3 slave port.
- This happens at their nominal speeds for Gigabit LAN / USB3.
- No setting change in the X3 is needed for accessing the HDD during playback.

Is my understanding correct?
____
Axel

- Reliable/stutter free 3D ISO playback works for me over NFS (WHS) but not smb. With NFS I saw maybe 4-5 1 second hiccups, but that was it. Over smb the was a lot of periodic stuttering/audio drops. I have been copying my 3D ISOs to an external hdd to test next (has anyone tested this)?. If using a USB drive won't work then it won't be an option regardless of USB 2.0 or 3.0 (the 2 ports on the X3D are 2.0). Also, it appears that going with 3D mvc mkv may allow for playback over smb (only tested briefly)

- yes for over the network and I assume yes via USB3 Slave port (never tested this, only network)
post #544 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

- Reliable/stutter free 3D ISO playback works for me over NFS (WHS) but not smb. With NFS I saw maybe 4-5 1 second hiccups, but that was it. Over smb the was a lot of periodic stuttering/audio drops. I have been copying my 3D ISOs to an external hdd to test next (has anyone tested this)?. If using a USB drive won't work then it won't be an option regardless of USB 2.0 or 3.0 (the 2 ports on the X3D are 2.0). Also, it appears that going with 3D mvc mkv may allow for playback over smb (only tested briefly)
- yes for over the network and I assume yes via USB3 Slave port (never tested this, only network)
4-5 1 second hiccups is not "reliable/stutter free" playback for me if that is from a single viewing of one movie! I am spoiled with the Oppo 93 which has never hiccupped or stuttered on ANY of my 3D iso files, AND I do have quite a few of them! The issue of course is that they have to be from attached USB drives and I can not stream from my server. USB ports on the oppo are 2.0 and I have not had a problem...
post #545 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Already have a silver 1000X3D, but I'm considering eBay-ing it and getting a 600X3D instead. It's black and small. Looks better in my home theater smile.gif, plus don't need internal HDD.
+1 to everything you posted. I can have a small shelf with the roku appletv wd live and mede8r all in a row...
post #546 of 1300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

4-5 1 second hiccups is not "reliable/stutter free" playback for me if that is from a single viewing of one movie! I am spoiled with the Oppo 93 which has never hiccupped or stuttered on ANY of my 3D iso files, AND I do have quite a few of them! The issue of course is that they have to be from attached USB drives and I can not stream from my server. USB ports on the oppo are 2.0 and I have not had a problem...

IDK, personal preference. I consider 4 1 sec stutters over a nearly 2 1/2 movie reliable playback, does not impact my enjoyment of the movie one bit or take away from. Honestly there is no player out there that will guarantee every time you stream HD content you will never encounter a stutter
post #547 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

I have been copying my 3D ISOs to an external hdd to test next (has anyone tested this)?

Oh, I thought you tested this already, but I guess it was canton and brajesh. But I recall them stating it works fine via usb 2.0 external HDD connected to the mede8er. This was the main reason for me picking up the 600X for 3D iso's playback.
post #548 of 1300
Just did my first round of testing with med1000x3D,

As of now, the player did what is supposed to do... Play my BD ISO movies with no bugs.

I know it is basic stuff but that was something the Popcorn Hour A400 was not even able to do...
post #549 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

- Reliable/stutter free 3D ISO playback works for me over NFS (WHS) but not smb. With NFS I saw maybe 4-5 1 second hiccups, but that was it. ....
4-5 1 second hiccups is not "reliable/stutter free" playback for me if that is from a single viewing of one movie! ....

 

This would also not be acceptable for me. For 2D at least I am used to not having any stutters with my Dune.

 

Looks like I would need to go with an (internal) HDD,  i.e. MED1000X3D.

_____

Axel

post #550 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoHo View Post

Just out of curiosity, what type of files would be 25fps or 50fps? I just did a random check of several of my movie files, and they were all 23.98 (at least that's what Daum Potplayer says).

Blu-ray rips will commonly be 23.976.

However, standard definition PAL DVDs for instance are commonly 25fps. PAL DVD rips in avi format for instance are also commonly 25fps. I have many small clips that were encoded in 50fps. Many tv captures done in the UK are either 25 or 50 fps.
post #551 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAVManiac View Post

Last night I install my med1000x3... So far so good, the x3 play everything I try whitout any bugs smile.gif
I would have to do a lot more test in the coming days but look good to me.
I will report back here when more testing will have been done...
ps : Not major, but will be good if the battery for the remote could be include in the box. It take me more time to find spare battery then config the x3 biggrin.gif

Really nice looking player, and great remote.
post #552 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoHo View Post

People still use non-rechargeable batteries?

Yes, yes they do. I keep thinking I will get myself a charger and some batteries but I never do. Plus, I have so many remotes I'd need a ton of rechargeables. Cheaper to buy a large pack of alkalines at my nearest big lots or BJ's and they last quite a long time.
post #553 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

Yes, yes they do. I keep thinking I will get myself a charger and some batteries but I never do. Plus, I have so many remotes I'd need a ton of rechargeables. Cheaper to buy a large pack of alkalines at my nearest big lots or BJ's and they last quite a long time.

I've got about 30 AA and 50 AAA rechargeable batteries, and about 50 AA and AAA alkalines for the remote helicopters. You can't never have enough batteries lol. Specially with all of my kids toys.
post #554 of 1300
MED600X3D / MED1000X3D V1.0.5 BETA

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,9738.0.html


Mede8er1
post #555 of 1300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mede8er1 View Post

MED600X3D / MED1000X3D V1.0.5 BETA
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,9738.0.html
Mede8er1

Interesting, so this should alleviate all the problems Synology users were having with NFS?
post #556 of 1300
Damian

Correct - We had 100% positive confirmation from Thrang who has a Synology and can now connect at 32768k

Mede8er1
post #557 of 1300
V1.0.5 - 14Dec_BETA
Changelog
1) Added NFS options ----> Network ---> NFS Options
For Synology users select
Proto -- Auto or UDP
rsize -- 32768

Now Synology users can connect at the correct NFS 32k block size and stream FULL 3DBDISO
2) Fixed the My_Movies.xml that was interfering with Mede8er xml
3) Fixed the crashing with Sony HDR-TD10 MTS file
4) Fixed spelling on some city names Setup Menu ---> Time Zone


that is great news, do you guys sleep or you coding firmware with your eyes closed smile.gif
post #558 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by mede8er1 View Post

Damian
Correct - We had 100% positive confirmation from Thrang who has a Synology and can now connect at 32768k
Mede8er1

Yes, I beta tested this, and several 3d iso files all played without stutter or audio drop to my Synology, so the foundation is looking quite good - once proper 23.976 play rate is added, the MyMovies full support (with Play function from the MyMovies ipad app), and if they might possibly address the seamless branching challenge, you'd have by far the most bullet proof media player I've seen.

mede8er also seems by far the most active developer interacting and addressing issues. Popcorn Hour tries, but the a400 is such an abysmal starting point, I doubt they will get things straight for a long time.
post #559 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

V1.0.5 -
3) Fixed the crashing with Sony HDR-TD10 MTS file

Interesting. I have a Sony camera with which I film in 1080p 60fps MTS. Hopefully all will work fine with my home videos. I ordered the 600 yesterday, can't wait to try it!
post #560 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

Yes, yes they do. I keep thinking I will get myself a charger and some batteries but I never do. Plus, I have so many remotes I'd need a ton of rechargeables. Cheaper to buy a large pack of alkalines at my nearest big lots or BJ's and they last quite a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

I've got about 30 AA and 50 AAA rechargeable batteries, and about 50 AA and AAA alkalines for the remote helicopters. You can't never have enough batteries lol. Specially with all of my kids toys.

Yeah, it took me years to get to where I don't ever need to buy alkaline batteries again (AA & AAA at least). I just gradually accumulated them. Every birthday or Christmas, whenever someone asked me what I wanted, I would send them a link to some Sanyo Eneloops on Amazon. I've probably got well over 60 AA's and 30+ AAA's.
post #561 of 1300
I did some more testing last night and found 2 thing I would like a solution :

1. When I hit a key on my Harmony 1100 remote the x3 process that command multiple time. Dont know what to do to resolve that. All my other harmony controled equipment work 100%

2. When I playback my ISO blu ray, I can perceived a little judder here and there. I supposed thats related to the 24fps vs 23.976. Is the new firmware coming soon ?
post #562 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

V1.0.5 - 14Dec_BETA
Changelog
1) Added NFS options ----> Network ---> NFS Options
For Synology users select
Proto -- Auto or UDP
rsize -- 32768

Now Synology users can connect at the correct NFS 32k block size and stream FULL 3DBDISO
2) Fixed the My_Movies.xml that was interfering with Mede8er xml
3) Fixed the crashing with Sony HDR-TD10 MTS file
4) Fixed spelling on some city names Setup Menu ---> Time Zone
that is great news, do you guys sleep or you coding firmware with your eyes closed smile.gif
This is absolutely fantastic. Will be testing 3D ISO's via my Synology this weekend.
post #563 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAVManiac View Post

1. When I hit a key on my Harmony 1100 remote the x3 process that command multiple time. Dont know what to do to resolve that. All my other harmony controled equipment work 100%

You can try this, haven't tried it myself...this was for the Micca 1185 player but it may still apply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@Micca View Post

Hi,


One trick for Harmony remotes is to make sure to make the following change:


After learning the codes, set the Repeats to 0. Click Troubleshooting on the device you've set for the EP350, and then select it responds too much or too little. Try reducing the Repeats to 0.


The default is 3, which causes the EP350 to over-respond to the code.
post #564 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

This is absolutely fantastic. Will be testing 3D ISO's via my Synology this weekend.

Do you think for 2D only BD's I should set up 32K NFS? It's probably overkill but I'm wondering if more is better applies...not sure if there's any negatives to doing so other than what I read about NFS in general in the Mede8er manual.
post #565 of 1300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc11369 View Post

Do you think for 2D only BD's I should set up 32K NFS? It's probably overkill but I'm wondering if more is better applies...not sure if there's any negatives to doing so other than what I read about NFS in general in the Mede8er manual.

You should be fine with SMB for 2D
post #566 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

You should be fine with SMB for 2D

Ok, thanks. I'll start playing tomorrow...long week. smile.gif
post #567 of 1300
So, did a few tests via NFS 32K via my Synology 1812+, and I'm thrilled to report no stutters for 3D ISO's that stuttered via SMB. I haven't watched any movie all the way through yet, but tested the chapters that always stuttered for me via SMB: 'Titanic' (where Molly Brown character boards ship and onward), 'The Avengers' (final battle sequence), and 'Prometheus' (crashing into the alien ship). Had a minor audio blip as I was skipping around, but couldn't repeat that blip when I re-tried.

Great stuff! This is all thanks to the user in Mede8er forum who told Mede8er how to set-up the NFS/Synology mount script, and of course to Synology for making it real so quickly.
Quote:
You should be fine with SMB for 2D
So far so good for me via SMB for 2D. Just finished watching 'The Dark Knight Rises' (full rip to MKV) all the way through.
post #568 of 1300
Hopefully, a 3rd party Jukebox full implementation will be on the way soon. If this happens, I'm probably going to sell my Dune D1 and PCH-A210 for 2 Mede8ers. I don't really care much for 3D, but need a jukebox due to my kids.
post #569 of 1300
Where in the USA is a good place to pick up the MED600X3D I will give it a go while checking for a jukebox solution if i have some extra funds left over after xmas.
post #570 of 1300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

Where in the USA is a good place to pick up the MED600X3D I will give it a go while checking for a jukebox solution if i have some extra funds left over after xmas.

MediaConcept is the one I know:

http://www.mediaconceptusa.com/mede8er.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread