or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread - Page 26

post #751 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by he46570 View Post

It's connected directly to the TV via HDMI. TV is a Samsung - I have no problem connecting to a PS3 or WD TV Live. I'll try to reinstall the firmware and try again.

If it is a handshake issue, will that cause total failure or the flickering issue?
a device might help called drhdmi

It is a small device that does all the hdmi edid(hand shaking).

I have used this device for computers that have hdmi but caused flicker on TV due to edid issues

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
post #752 of 1300
Thanks everyone. Tonight I'll try re-loading the firmware and switching inputs to see if that makes a difference. And thanks for the tip with Dr. HDMI - I hope I don't have to fork out another $100 to get this box to work!

As a heads up, the TV is a Samsung LNT4671F. It's a 46" 1080p 120Hz model, so I'd assume 1080p 60Hz shouldn't be a problem!
post #753 of 1300
I get audio drops on smb as well, have to pause and unpause to get it back. Only on smb. NSF is awesome, full 3d, anything I through at it no issues. But smb I am not having the same luck .
post #754 of 1300
I currently have a WD Live and really want to upgrade to a true 3D player that can pass full HD audio. I will be streaming all my movies from a HP Mediasmart server via NFS.

I have been looking at either the 1000X3D or the 600X3D. Any thoughts between the two?
post #755 of 1300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpump View Post

I get audio drops on smb as well, have to pause and unpause to get it back. Only on smb. NSF is awesome, full 3d, anything I through at it no issues. But smb I am not having the same luck .

Is this for all playback or just 3D (i.e 3D Blu ray is still problematic over smb, plays much smoother over NFS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taje View Post

I currently have a WD Live and really want to upgrade to a true 3D player that can pass full HD audio. I will be streaming all my movies from a HP Mediasmart server via NFS.
I have been looking at either the 1000X3D or the 600X3D. Any thoughts between the two?

600X3D unless you need storage for an internal drive (in which case you want the 1000X3D). FYI, NFS on my WHS machine (which is set up the same way as you would set up on your MSS) works great with the Mede8er
post #756 of 1300
Does the 1000 model get preferred treatment since it is their flagship model? I'm still debating which model to buy. I'll be selling my Popcorn A-210 off and getting one of these to replace it. I'll be keeping my Dune Prime of course. It is nice to get into a bluray menu one in a while. Apparently no other players can do that.
post #757 of 1300
its same firmware for 600x3d and 1000x3d, no special treatment.
post #758 of 1300
If you don't need internal HDD capability or the spaceship design, might as well get the 600X3D.
post #759 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

its same firmware for 600x3d and 1000x3d, no special treatment.

Sam chipset as well?
post #760 of 1300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

Sam chipset as well?

Yes just different form factor
post #761 of 1300
I get the drops on non 3d as well , only smb though
post #762 of 1300
I just got the Med600X3D with firmware 1.0.5. After comparing to Dune Prime 3.0, there are some bugs that need to work out.

1. Not pixel mapping 1:1. I tested on both Panasonic full HD TV and Optoma HD83 projector. Running the screen size pattern, the right most part and bottom seems to be missing one pixel. Running the build in size resizer, the outer red line seems to be cut off one pixel too. No such problem with HTPC or Dune Prime 3.0. In 3D mode, also the same problem.

2. Sharpening effect. This is easy to test. Just put on a black clipping pattern from AVS Calibration test pattern. You will see for each greyscale bar, there is a line on the left hand side of each bar. I'm not sure if this is due to the above issue which might cause this problem. No such issue again for Dune Prime 3.0.
post #763 of 1300
Hi - I am considering this player (or the 600) to replace my boxee box which works well except for full bluray 3d and the hd audio dropouts (which were terrible the other night on the davinci code)

I've read a bit about the jukebox on this player and am not sure I fully understand its limitations. As i understand, the jukebox works like a graphical file browser that can only access one share at a time. Are there any work arounds to combine several network shares in one jukebox? I have 6 shares (physical hard drives) in my NAS. Can these be combined into one jukebox on the mede8er? If not, would i need to combine the 6 disks to a single share on the NAS? - not sure how I would do this. I don't have a need for combining an internal or USB-connected hard drive, just network shares from a single NAS.

Thanks for any insights,
Jeff
post #764 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjyap View Post

I just got the Med600X3D with firmware 1.0.5. After comparing to Dune Prime 3.0, there are some bugs that need to work out.
1. Not pixel mapping 1:1. I tested on both Panasonic full HD TV and Optoma HD83 projector. Running the screen size pattern, the right most part and bottom seems to be missing one pixel. Running the build in size resizer, the outer red line seems to be cut off one pixel too. No such problem with HTPC or Dune Prime 3.0. In 3D mode, also the same problem.
2. Sharpening effect. This is easy to test. Just put on a black clipping pattern from AVS Calibration test pattern. You will see for each greyscale bar, there is a line on the left hand side of each bar. I'm not sure if this is due to the above issue which might cause this problem. No such issue again for Dune Prime 3.0.


dont adjust the screen with red lines, leave it by default, and re-test again pls.
post #765 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstoddard View Post

Hi - I am considering this player (or the 600) to replace my boxee box which works well except for full bluray 3d and the hd audio dropouts (which were terrible the other night on the davinci code)
I've read a bit about the jukebox on this player and am not sure I fully understand its limitations. As i understand, the jukebox works like a graphical file browser that can only access one share at a time. Are there any work arounds to combine several network shares in one jukebox? I have 6 shares (physical hard drives) in my NAS. Can these be combined into one jukebox on the mede8er? If not, would i need to combine the 6 disks to a single share on the NAS? - not sure how I would do this. I don't have a need for combining an internal or USB-connected hard drive, just network shares from a single NAS.
Thanks for any insights,
Jeff

If you're using and old windows 7/XP pc as your nas you could create junction links using software such as winbolic (xp) or Link Shell Extension (most versions of windows including windows 7). If your nas is linux based then you can just google the commands for making junction links in linux. Making junctions would in affect allow you to create junction links for all 6 drives/folders that point to a single folder which you can then index for your movies.

If you're using a stand alone NAS (synology, QNAP, etc) then I'm not sure
post #766 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

dont adjust the screen with red lines, leave it by default, and re-test again pls.

I didn't adjust the screen with red lines. Will post the photo on differences between Mede8er and Dune later so you guys can test out. I also tested with Sony HMZ-T1 same problem too.
post #767 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjyap View Post

I just got the Med600X3D with firmware 1.0.5. After comparing to Dune Prime 3.0, there are some bugs that need to work out.
1. Not pixel mapping 1:1. I tested on both Panasonic full HD TV and Optoma HD83 projector. Running the screen size pattern, the right most part and bottom seems to be missing one pixel. Running the build in size resizer, the outer red line seems to be cut off one pixel too. No such problem with HTPC or Dune Prime 3.0. In 3D mode, also the same problem.
2. Sharpening effect. This is easy to test. Just put on a black clipping pattern from AVS Calibration test pattern. You will see for each greyscale bar, there is a line on the left hand side of each bar. I'm not sure if this is due to the above issue which might cause this problem. No such issue again for Dune Prime 3.0.

This is the same problem I saw in another RTD1186 chipset player. I saw that 1 row of pixels were cropped bottom and right. A user mede8er1 (likely from the company itself) showed a screenshot that did not exhibit this issue. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1420605/med1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player/450#post_22683243

Maybe I misunderstood the comment he made about how he got it to show 1:1 pixel mapping.

Intriguing, I think it might be a chipset issue.

The sharpening issue seems to indicate compression of block boundaries at the edges of the patterns. If the Dune does not show it and the mede8er is then there is some reconstruction issues near the edge of the block boundaries (processing within the mede8er or more likely RTD chipset).
Edited by venkatesh_m - 1/7/13 at 4:59pm
post #768 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikecomp View Post

If you're using and old windows 7/XP pc as your nas you could create junction links using software such as winbolic (xp) or Link Shell Extension (most versions of windows including windows 7). If your nas is linux based then you can just google the commands for making junction links in linux. Making junctions would in affect allow you to create junction links for all 6 drives/folders that point to a single folder which you can then index for your movies.
If you're using a stand alone NAS (synology, QNAP, etc) then I'm not sure

Thanks ikecomp - I am using freenas as a server and am familiar with junctions back from my pch a-110 days.

Thanks,
Jeff
post #769 of 1300
Here's the photo comparing Dune Prime 3.0 and Mede8er Med600X3D on pixel cut off issue on right and bottom. Hope they will look into this issue in coming v2.0. Anyone can verify this using AVS Test Pattern.


Mede8er MED600X3D


Dune Prime 3.0
Edited by rjyap - 1/8/13 at 8:14am
post #770 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

dont adjust the screen with red lines, leave it by default, and re-test again pls.

Hi canton 160,
I see you have been suggesting this on this thread and in the 600 thread. You are probably right, but why do you think that in the manual they suggest to adjust the screen size with the red bars?

Is this considered a bug and will this be fixed with firmware v2?
post #771 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

dont adjust the screen with red lines, leave it by default, and re-test again pls.

I already have adjusted, now how do I get back to defaults?
post #772 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by feadin View Post

Hi canton 160,
I see you have been suggesting this on this thread and in the 600 thread. You are probably right, but why do you think that in the manual they suggest to adjust the screen size with the red bars?
Is this considered a bug and will this be fixed with firmware v2?

ive tried adjust the red lines and used a pattern to test it, and probably its a bug in 10.5 i think in firwmware will be fixed, from the reports ive seen.
post #773 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeav View Post

I already have adjusted, now how do I get back to defaults?

settings > default
post #774 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

ive tried adjust the red lines and used a pattern to test it, and probably its a bug in 10.5 i think in firwmware will be fixed, from the reports ive seen.

Thanks, I just asked on the Mede8er forum if this will be fixed in firmware 2.0.
post #775 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjyap View Post

I just got the Med600X3D with firmware 1.0.5. After comparing to Dune Prime 3.0, there are some bugs that need to work out.

1. Not pixel mapping 1:1. I tested on both Panasonic full HD TV and Optoma HD83 projector. Running the screen size pattern, the right most part and bottom seems to be missing one pixel. Running the build in size resizer, the outer red line seems to be cut off one pixel too. No such problem with HTPC or Dune Prime 3.0. In 3D mode, also the same problem.

2. Sharpening effect. This is easy to test. Just put on a black clipping pattern from AVS Calibration test pattern. You will see for each greyscale bar, there is a line on the left hand side of each bar. I'm not sure if this is due to the above issue which might cause this problem. No such issue again for Dune Prime 3.0.

I had the same issue with the pixel-mapping not being centered, which affects 3D viewing. To test I reset the centering to default and tested again without adjusting the red lines. It was still off. Without saying too much, the new beta 2.0 firmware looks like it may address that problem, we'll have to wait and see if it is fixed.
post #776 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatesh_m View Post

This is the same problem I saw in another RTD1186 chipset player. I saw that 1 row of pixels were cropped bottom and right. A user mede8er1 (likely from the company itself) showed a screenshot that did not exhibit this issue. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1420605/med1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player/450#post_22683243

Maybe I misunderstood the comment he made about how he got it to show 1:1 pixel mapping.

Intriguing, I think it might be a chipset issue.

The sharpening issue seems to indicate compression of block boundaries at the edges of the patterns. If the Dune does not show it and the mede8er is then there is some reconstruction issues near the edge of the block boundaries (processing within the mede8er or more likely RTD chipset).

As a previous owner of another 1186 player, I believe it is a chipset issue since that player also suffered from the same issue, which never got resolved. I think this player has the best chance at getting the issue taken care of since it seems to get a ton of support.
post #777 of 1300
Hopefully it is due to the current SDK. It seems like the 24fps bug is due to current SDK but I wonder how Micca EP950 solved this bug in 2D as most user reported that it output the correct frame rate.
post #778 of 1300
Looks like my beta days are over, Mede8er forums seems have banned me for having a "gmal" address.
post #779 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeav View Post

Looks like my beta days are over, Mede8er forums seems have banned me for having a "gmal" address.

See here http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,10053.0.html
post #780 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeav View Post

Looks like my beta days are over, Mede8er forums seems have banned me for having a "gmal" address.

its fixed, you can access now to beta forum mede8er again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › *Official* Mede8er X3D (1000 | 800 | 600) Streamer Thread