or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › Klipsch RW-12d Subwoofer - Only $299 - Save 70%
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch RW-12d Subwoofer - Only $299 - Save 70% - Page 9

post #241 of 656
Lets check it!
post #242 of 656
Back on sale today for those interested.
post #243 of 656
I understand why people like having two for "even" bass. I'm still tweaking my settings but I can tell that the bass is coming from the front right. It would be nice to feel like everything is evened out.

That and, without the grill, the sub looks amazing, and two would really be a sexy sight. tongue.gif
post #244 of 656
two subs are nearly always better than 1
post #245 of 656
I ordered one today for $350. Seems like a steal at that price. I'm hoping the RW-12d can handle movie soundtracks better than my Emotiva Ultra 12. Great sub for music, but a little disappointing when it comes to movies. I should probably just buy an SVS sub, but for $350, what the hell. Reviews and specs looks good. Might as well give this Klipsch a try.


-Jeff
post #246 of 656
jdf1384 wat site did u order from was shipping included
post #247 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal swagger View Post

jdf1384 wat site did u order from was shipping included

I'm assuming he ordered it from here.
post #248 of 656
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF1384 View Post

I ordered one today for $350. Seems like a steal at that price. I'm hoping the RW-12d can handle movie soundtracks better than my Emotiva Ultra 12. Great sub for music, but a little disappointing when it comes to movies.

I suspect, for movies, you'll like it better then the Ultra 12. The Emotiva is often sighted for being excellent for music, but somewhat deficient when it comes to HT.
post #249 of 656
Would two of these outperform one single HSU or similar sub? My budget is around $750 tops for a sub and I've been reading that two decent subs will outperform one great sub, but not sure if that is really the case. Any advice? smile.gif
post #250 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal swagger View Post

jdf1384 wat site did u order from was shipping included

I ordered from Newegg, as Matt indicated. Shipping was included in the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

I suspect, for movies, you'll like it better then the Ultra 12. The Emotiva is often sighted for being excellent for music, but somewhat deficient when it comes to HT.

That's good to hear. When I first got my Ultra 12 I liked it a lot, and still do. I didn't mind the 30hz cutoff at first, but after awhile you really do miss that sub 30hz rumble, especially when watching action movies.

-Jeff
Edited by JDF1384 - 1/2/13 at 2:51am
post #251 of 656
2 of these would easily outperform a single Internet direct sub of similar pricing.
post #252 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF1384 View Post

That's good to hear. When I first got my Ultra 12 I liked it a lot, and still do. I didn't mind the 30hz cutoff at first, but after awhile you really do miss that sub 30hz rumble, especially when watching action movies.

Pretty much the use I have for it. I kept my old sub (from an HKTS 14 set) with a crossover of 80Hz from the AVR and a cutoff of 40Hz from a DSP. The Klipsch picks up from 40Hz to 20Hz. VERY satisfactory. Post back after you're up and running.

post #253 of 656
I posted in another thread (subwoofer one), but just wanted to say here that it's an awesome sub for the money. Very happy with it. Rattles the house and had a movie on that made it feel like the shock wave was going right through me.

One thing to note, my placement was everything on this sub. I had it in a corner and it sounded pretty bad (muddy, but yet not that deep). The corner I had it in is an overhang on the house on the floor so that could have added to how bad it sounded (versus a regular corner). I moved it off the overhang and it sounds a million times better. Completely satisfied now.

Also got it on sale and the sub had no issues when delivered. Nothing rattling and my port tube seems to be tightly in place.
post #254 of 656
Back on sale again today for 3 bills. Use promo code EMCNJNF23
post #255 of 656
If anyone is willing to help me get this sub up here in canada that would be great. Located near montreal and it's almost impossible to order from newegg.com and get it shipped there.

Got good references.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks
post #256 of 656
I wonder if I should add one of these to my Paradigm 7.3 setup? I currently have three Paradigm PW-2200 V.1 subwoofers and was thinking of adding a fourth. Should I add one of these to the mix? I currently have a ton of bass and my subwoofers are set at about 1/3 of the gain dials and at around -6.5 on the receiver. Would a fourth subwoofer even add anything to my setup? I currently have an Onkyo TX-NR818 receiver with Audyssey XT32 and Audyssey Dynamic EQ activated. Thanks for any help.
post #257 of 656
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazExprez View Post

I wonder if I should add one of these to my Paradigm 7.3 setup? I currently have three Paradigm PW-2200 V.1 subwoofers and was thinking of adding a fourth. Should I add one of these to the mix? I currently have a ton of bass and my subwoofers are set at about 1/3 of the gain dials and at around -6.5 on the receiver. Would a fourth subwoofer even add anything to my setup?

Frankly, I don't see any value in adding another subwoofer. You're barely using the ones you have already, which means adding more will probably not make any real difference.
post #258 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

The fact that a person spends $300 on a brand new product and it gets delivered needing a repair - regardless of how easy it may or may not be to fix - seems like a valid reason for all those folks to be complaining. That's akin to taking delivery of a brand new car with a flat tire; minor fix, perhaps, but shouldn't be required.
I'm not sure if simply "reseating" it will be sufficient for the long term. There's going to be a lot of air coming out of that port. If you don't add some type of epoxy or sealant it may end up falling out again, or rattling.

Agree 10000000000000%

That is QC these days for you. Seems this is the norm now.
post #259 of 656
delete
Edited by coreseller - 1/6/13 at 12:07pm
post #260 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagz View Post

Agree 10000000000000%
That is QC these days for you. Seems this is the norm now.

Yea, overseas 10 year olds just don't care anyone ! They just don't take there jobs seriously, they just want to go home and play video games biggrin.gif
Maybe they should bring these jobs to the USA. I know my kids would do a good job;)
post #261 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

The fact that a person spends $300 on a brand new product and it gets delivered needing a repair - regardless of how easy it may or may not be to fix - seems like a valid reason for all those folks to be complaining. That's akin to taking delivery of a brand new car with a flat tire; minor fix, perhaps, but shouldn't be required.
I'm not sure if simply "reseating" it will be sufficient for the long term. There's going to be a lot of air coming out of that port. If you don't add some type of epoxy or sealant it may end up falling out again, or rattling.

I have two and think it's more so the packaging and not the sub. first sub arrive with broken clips for the grill and second arrived in perfect condition. We all know how gentle shipping companies are rolleyes.gif so the least manufacturers can do is provide better packaging and protection for the speakers since they are rather large and expensive. I know some doublebox their items but not every manufacturer does so sadly.
post #262 of 656
mine arrrived double boxed with the exit ports lose calling newegg now not to happy.....
post #263 of 656
damn what to do do i keep it or try to fix seems like it came unglue
post #264 of 656
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal swagger View Post

damn what to do do i keep it or try to fix seems like it came unglue

You're likely to get another in the same condition, so if you think the sub is a keeper then perhaps fixing the one you have might be the best option.
post #265 of 656
i think its more principle than anything else. ignoring what people pay, if this was a brand new RF-82II then how would you feel?
post #266 of 656
I got 2 and epoxied them both. They are working great now. Two are more than enough for my room. I also have def tech 7006 for my fronts so I guess they're helping too.
post #267 of 656
yeah i called newegg they sent me an advance replacement girl was helpful n provided me withba RMA. If the next 2 come with lose ports epoxy it is. I really cant get to use them til this weekend thats the main reason i decided to send them back.
post #268 of 656
Well, after playing around with my RW-12d for about a week now, I thought I'd pop back in and share my opinions of this sub. Firstly, the sub arrived safe and sound. No loose port or other defects. Newegg did a real nice job double boxing. The RW-12d is a reasonably well built sub -- not as well built as some internet direct subs in the same price range, but for a mass market sub it's nice. I very much like the digital controls. Adjusting the gain and phase was a breeze. Not having to move/go behind a heavy sub to make adjustments is certainly a nice feature. Sound wise, the RW-12d does go deeper than my Emotiva Ultra 12, and it seems to have a flatter response as well. After watching a couple of movies I would say the RW-12d is a better sub than the Ultra 12, for movies at least. The RW-12d didn't really sound boomy to me, and there was no noise from the port -- at high volume though the plastic trim around the port made a creaky sound , but that was at really high volume levels. All in all, this is a really nice sub. Anyone looking for a new sub in the $300 - $400 range, I don't think you're going to find a better sub than this.

-Jeff
Edited by JDF1384 - 1/12/13 at 9:23pm
post #269 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF1384 View Post

Well, after playing around with my RW-12d for about a week now, I thought I'd pop back in and share my opinions of this sub. Firstly, the sub arrived safe and sound. No loose port or other defects. Newegg did a real nice job double boxing. The RW-12d is a reasonably well built sub -- not as well built as some internet direct subs in the same price range, but for a mass market sub it's nice. I very much like the digital controls. Adjusting the gain and phase was a breeze. Not having to move/go behind a heavy sub to make adjustments is certainly a nice feature. Sound wise, the RW-12d does go deeper than my Emotiva Ultra 12, and it seems to have a flatter response as well. After watching a couple of movies I would say the RW-12d is a better sub than the Ultra 12, for movies at least. The RW-12d didn't really sound boomy to me, and there was no noise from the port -- at high volume though the plastic trim around the port made a creaky sound , but that was at really high volume levels. All in all, this is a really nice sub. Anyone looking for a new sub in the $300 - $400 range, I don't think you're going to find a better sub than this.

-Jeff

Thanks for the review! So you say its not built as well as other subs in this price range and you close with you wont find a better sub in this price range. So, if you could do everything over, would you get the klipsch or something else? If something else, which one? Thanks!
post #270 of 656
well after the first two came with lose port i sent them back. The other set that followed came with one lose port so i just fixed it myself and have not been happier. Newegg once again offered me a great price and a more positive experience no hassel return was easy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Great Found Deals
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › Klipsch RW-12d Subwoofer - Only $299 - Save 70%