or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › What size TV do you guys recommend?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What size TV do you guys recommend?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I was looking between the PNE8000 series of Samsungs in either the 60 or 64. Maybe both are too big or not but I have about 10-12' viewing distance from the tv to the couch depending where you are sitting (L shaped couch). The nitch for the tv to fit is about 61.5-62" Space from wall to wall. So the sides of the tv cannot surpass that.

From you experts what would you recommend the biggest I can go for the area?
post #2 of 15
THX says that the minimum distance for a 65-inch TV is 6.5 feet. I'm sitting 8.5 from my 65VT50. I'd go with the 64" if it fits in your space.
post #3 of 15
I'm 7 feet from a 64D7000 and I wouldn't want to be much farther from it. Definitely get the 64".
post #4 of 15
My Question too, my living room chair is 12 feet from my TV what size TV would you recommend?



Steve
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtoodles View Post

I was looking between the PNE8000 series of Samsungs in either the 60 or 64. Maybe both are too big or not but I have about 10-12' viewing distance from the tv to the couch depending where you are sitting (L shaped couch). The nitch for the tv to fit is about 61.5-62" Space from wall to wall. So the sides of the tv cannot surpass that.
From you experts what would you recommend the biggest I can go for the area?

The biggest TV you can fit in there, I've never seen anyone say "man, I wish I had a smaller TV!" tongue.gif
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
I ended up with the 64. I almost feel like i am too close to it. debating if i should go smaller but i am not sure if the 60 will be much of a difference. the 51 is likely too small. decisions, decisions
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtoodles View Post

I ended up with the 64. I almost feel like i am too close to it. debating if i should go smaller but i am not sure if the 60 will be much of a difference. the 51 is likely too small. decisions, decisions

oh that's a nice problem to have.
post #8 of 15
In less then a year I've gone from 40'' to 43'' to 51'' and now to 60''

It is true what they say that your tv shrinks the longer you own it.
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by makinbiscuits View Post

In less then a year I've gone from 40'' to 43'' to 51'' and now to 60''
It is true what they say that your tv shrinks the longer you own it.

totally true dude!
ever herd of anyone retuning a set because the screen was too big?
post #10 of 15
Agreed with above. Just went from an old Samsung 42 plasma to my new Panny 50" plasma in our bedroom.

I asked my wife, is this tv to big? Then a week went by an my eyes have adjusted and it's perfect now!!
post #11 of 15
TVs shrink.

My hubby thought I was being extravagant (crazy) wanting a 60" and now that we've had it for a few months he admits that its getting smaller.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtoodles View Post

I ended up with the 64. I almost feel like i am too close to it. debating if i should go smaller but i am not sure if the 60 will be much of a difference. the 51 is likely too small. decisions, decisions

Give yourself a chance to get acclimated to your new tv. I think you are going to like the larger size.
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Yeah you guys make good points. I will keep it for another week or so and see.. the extra $1,000 in my pocket to drop down to the 60" does sound nice though.
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtoodles View Post

Yeah you guys make good points. I will keep it for another week or so and see.. the extra $1,000 in my pocket to drop down to the 60" does sound nice though.

The problem is you know there is a 64" and will think about it while watching the 60".
it's that thinking about the larger screen that can cause 'buyers remorse'.
post #15 of 15
Well I'v gone from the TX-P42GT50B to the TX-P65VT50B my distance eye to screen is 10 feet too big no.





Steve
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › What size TV do you guys recommend?