or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › need help with amplifiers/pre amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

need help with amplifiers/pre amp

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
i have a marantz sr5200. it died. so i need a new amp
i dont care about internal power output. my whole system is powered by QSC rack amps .
pre amp outs with gain control are a must. i have been searching with little to no luck or head way with what i need.
i could use some suggestions at this point
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d263 View Post

i have a marantz sr5200. it died. so i need a new amp
i dont care about internal power output. my whole system is powered by QSC rack amps .
pre amp outs with gain control are a must. i have been searching with little to no luck or head way with what i need.
i could use some suggestions at this point

I think everything has automatic gain control now.

What's with the need for gain control? confused.gif

Other that gain control, check out the Marantz SR5007 as it has 7.1 pre-outs and can be had, delivered, at Vann's for $750.00.

-
Edited by BeeMan458 - 7/26/12 at 8:20pm
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

I think everything has automatic gain control now.
What's with the need for gain control? confused.gif
Other that gain control, check out the Marantz SR5007 as it has 7.1 pre-outs and can be had, deliverd, at Vann's for $750.00.

what i ment by the gain control was if you turn up the valume the out put on the pre amp out puts go up too. not all amps have these pre amp out puts.
you see i dont use the internal power. my front speakers require 300 watts rms and well the powered subs are 4000 watts rms. i have to use exteranl power amplifiers. this is one of them



and it powers a pair of these



this is the back of the sr5200

the shaded in area is on the far left is the pre am out puts

post #4 of 7
Although not all AVRs have main zone pre-outs, those that do will do what you want. How many speakers are you powering?
post #5 of 7
Get the Marantz AVR7005. It is perfect for your setup.

It is the thing to have if you have power amps for the channels.

It has no power amplifiers of its own, just preamplifiers and control circuits.

It also has Balanced outputs for all channels (XLR) to connect your amplifiers.
Edited by commsysman - 7/26/12 at 7:31am
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Although not all AVRs have main zone pre-outs, those that do will do what you want. How many speakers are you powering?

i have the 2 mains on a GX3. the subwoofer as stated above is on the RMX5050. the rest of the system is powered by a CX168. that handles the center channel the left and right rear and the rear center channel
that would be a 6.1 set up.
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 


yeah thats a tricked out amp for sure. looks like it has evey thing i would need.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › need help with amplifiers/pre amp