or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Pioneer SC-68/67 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Pioneer SC-68/67 Thread - Page 36

post #1051 of 1838
Thread Starter 
^^
"Dire Straits Brothers in Arms SACD in Pure Direct"

mine too! great ears think alike wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I have used BIA for years in evaluating & comparing each Pio receiver I've bought since early 2000's, especially the 1st track with the percussive drum twacks. Also, an ext amp and this SC-68 by itself. When I go to local Magnepan speaker dealer, that's one of the ones I bring along. I also use Cafe Blue Patricia Barber & an Opus 3 audiophile SACD's for female vocals.

If the Like Minds disc you mean is the one by Chick Corea, Gary Burton, I do have that one too, but haven't thought to use it for auditioning.

As I've gotten older, my tastes gravitate increasingly to jazz, both purist & fusion, but I do really like my classic rock. I wish Miles Davis Bitches Brew came out on 5.1 SACD but alas...

I'm also a big multichannel music junkie of all kinds, ever since the quadraphonic era. if you're into surround music, have you bought any of the King Crimson DVD-A's mastered by Steven Wilson? I'm gradually collecting all of them. I'd like to get his surround master of Jethro Tull Aqualung but it's only in the $130 anniversary box set and all I want is the 5.1 hi-rez blu-ray so I haven't gotten it yet. there's that, the Pink Floyd Immersion box sets & 5.1 Rush on my list, too...and the list is getting longer eek.gif

and coming from the 5803 beastie, that says something good about the 68 smile.gif
Edited by ss9001 - 2/4/13 at 8:29am
post #1052 of 1838
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalline View Post

Ss9001, Paradigm Monitor 7's and Mini's for surrounds. I will upgrade the speakers eventually, but haven't decided yet what to replace them with. Can't wait to muck around with the receiver.

nice speakers smile.gif
post #1053 of 1838
After running MCACC my system seems to have lost mid-bass. I can hear very low bass (20-40Hz) but bass between 40-150Hz) is very weak. I noticed that MCACC set my crossover frequency to 120Hz although my main speakers can go to 40Hz. I changed the crossover to 80Hz with no improvement. The other thing I noticed is that MCACC set my 120Hz level to -8dB reference to the rest of the frequency range. I tried to bump it up a bit but the settings cannot be changed. Is there a way to defeat it?
post #1054 of 1838
@SS9001

i pretty much live on multchannel smile.gif. Never been much of a two-channel guy (skipped audiophile and went straight to home theater). For me, a properly setup 5, 7, 9 etc speaker system with sub can take most of the recordings I listen to, and transform my family room into a fair approximation of a live event. Not to say two-channel can't (way beyond the scope of this thread). For me, though, it's just how I prefer to listen to most music (almost all my listening is with DPLIIx Music although I will go Pure Direct if the recording warrants it i.e. Dire Straits BiA in 5.1)

I will look into the King Crimson you mentioned; thanks for the recommendation.

My tastes are rock, blues (Stevie Ray Vaughn more than Howlin' Wolf), and classical (Beethoven 9th more than chamber). From my short time with the SC-67 I can tell these amps will work well with BIG music. Quite simply, this thing rocks biggrin.gif.
post #1055 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

^^
I'm also a big multichannel music junkie of all kinds, ever since the quadraphonic era. if you're into surround music, have you bought any of the King Crimson DVD-A's mastered by Steven Wilson? I'm gradually collecting all of them. I'd like to get his surround master of Jethro Tull Aqualung but it's only in the $130 anniversary box set and all I want is the 5.1 hi-rez blu-ray so I haven't gotten it yet. there's that, the Pink Floyd Immersion box sets & 5.1 Rush on my list, too...and the list is getting longer eek.gif
I have the Steven Wilson 5.1 remaster of In the Court of the Crimson King. In the track I Talk to the Wind Greg Lake's vocals are right in front - he sounds like he's in the room with me yet the rest of the band is perfectly mixed in the remaining speakers. I also have the Steven Wilson remixes of Aqualung and Thick as a Brick (1 & 2). The man really knows how to remix into surround. For that matter, you should check out 5.1 mixes of his own material - his band is called Porcupine Tree. Also due for release any day now is a Steven Wilson solo effort engineered by Alan Parsons.

I leased Acura vehicles a few years back that featured audio systems that supported DVDa and amassed a pretty good collection of surround music. It prompted me to get the Pink Floyd 5.1 versions of Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here. I wasn't as impressed with those disks (even though I loved the originals).

--Steve Fintel
post #1056 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

^^
"Dire Straits Brothers in Arms SACD in Pure Direct"

mine too! great ears think alike wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I have used BIA for years in evaluating & comparing each Pio receiver I've bought since early 2000's, especially the 1st track with the percussive drum twacks. Also, an ext amp and this SC-68 by itself. When I go to local Magnepan speaker dealer, that's one of the ones I bring along. I also use Cafe Blue Patricia Barber & an Opus 3 audiophile SACD's for female vocals.

If the Like Minds disc you mean is the one by Chick Corea, Gary Burton, I do have that one too, but haven't thought to use it for auditioning.

As I've gotten older, my tastes gravitate increasingly to jazz, both purist & fusion, but I do really like my classic rock. I wish Miles Davis Bitches Brew came out on 5.1 SACD but alas...

I'm also a big multichannel music junkie of all kinds, ever since the quadraphonic era. if you're into surround music, have you bought any of the King Crimson DVD-A's mastered by Steven Wilson? I'm gradually collecting all of them. I'd like to get his surround master of Jethro Tull Aqualung but it's only in the $130 anniversary box set and all I want is the 5.1 hi-rez blu-ray so I haven't gotten it yet. there's that, the Pink Floyd Immersion box sets & 5.1 Rush on my list, too...and the list is getting longer eek.gif

and coming from the 5803 beastie, that says something good about the 68 smile.gif

I'm also a surround junkie.

I was somewhat worried moving from the 5803, but so far I'm pleased. The Pioneer is much, much cheaper and I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Thank you for the thoughts on music. I keep looking for reasonable surround discs. I'd love Tull but also don't want to spend that amount. Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd is both reasonably priced and great to listen to.
post #1057 of 1838
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtheatre View Post

...classical (Beethoven 9th more than chamber).

I didn't mention classical - didn't want you guys thinking I was a moldy oldie wink.gif

Beethoven 9th - one of the greatest pieces of music ever. the choral part is just thrilling to listen to. I became a Beethoven fan after watching Clockwork Orange ages ago, when it 1st hit the screen...o my droogies..."No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter" biggrin.gif

the 9th & Strauss' Also Sprach Zarathustra are 2 of my absolute favorite classical pieces, notice how both are associated with classic sci-fi movies wink.gif

seriously, yes I have a decent classical collection, too. never could get "into" true opera. but concertos, symphonies, some chamber, baroque. the usuals - Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Holst, Handel, Vivaldi, Strauss, Wagner, Tchaikovsky, etc. even tried several of Mahler's big symphonies but they were all way too heavy for me - both the music & the religious themes - listened once & put back in the rack. Sometime I may try one of Mozart's lighter operas, probably the Magic Flute & that will be my contribution to opera listening wink.gif I do like Wagner, but I listen to the overtures not the operatic parts wink.gif

if you like virtuoso violin playing, there's a Sony Hilliary Hahn SACD that's fantastic.

pretty much I like all kinds of music except most hardcore country & rap/hip hop. I do like folk and even a little light country/bluegrass, like Alison Krauss. During the SACD, DVD-A heyday (such that it was) I was collecting lots of different styles of music just for variety & because it was hi-rez. Listened to things I wouldn't have normally just gone out and bought. at one time I was big into new age eek.gif have everything Enya recorded, lots of spacey music & normal new age stuff.

but I guess I keep coming back to jazz, rock & classical, in that order as "me" favorites wink.gif
Edited by ss9001 - 2/4/13 at 11:21am
post #1058 of 1838
^

Try Mahler's Titan sometime. I think you would dig it. Saw it live two years ago, and blew my mind.
post #1059 of 1838
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post

The other thing I noticed is that MCACC set my 120Hz level to -8dB reference to the rest of the frequency range. I tried to bump it up a bit but the settings cannot be changed. Is there a way to defeat it?

you're probably in the MCACC Data Check menu. and the EQ can't be changed there, read only smile.gif
try the Advanced MCACC menu, and select Manual MCACC, then select EQ Adjust. you can adjust each freq band here.

as to how it sounds vs how you'd like it to sound, that is one of the advantages of MCACC over normal non-pro Audyssey, you can tweak it afterwards.

the mid-bass reduction could be the speakers, room placement, or it could be you were used that bass freq being boosted due to there being a peak in that frequency at your seat - these are called room modes and every room has them. Modes are in all 3 dimensions, and result in peaks, dips and nulls for every freq in the bass region. they are actually for every freq but most noticeable & measurable with bass because of the long wavelengths compared to the room dimensions. the wavelength for 125 hz is ~ 9 ft! half wavelength where the wave crosses the axis or goes peak to dip is ~ 4.5 ft. so every 4.5 ft there's a peak in the volume or a drop in the volume. couple this with that freq reflecting around the room in 3 dimensions and the reflected waves cancel out or reinforce each other. the result is some parts of the room are going to have negligible volume of that freq and some parts will be boosted. stand several ft in front or or behind your seat, play the 125 hz test tone & you'll probably hear more or less of it smile.gif or just walk around the room when playing the tone, same effect.

if you had the mic positioned properly - at your listening position, sitting on a tripod or on the seat back but not in the seat itself, aimed straight up at the ceiling - then MCACC measured a 125 hz peak & reduced it 8 dB to match the target response.

you may have been listening to "boosted" bass all this time in your seat & gotten used to it. some folks have to get used to flattened bass response smile.gif

but you can change it to taste by using Manual MCACC.

forgot to answer your other question...you can defeat the whole MCACC EQ by selecting the MCACC Off preset. and you can independently turn off Phase Control & the Standing Wave Filter.
Edited by ss9001 - 2/4/13 at 12:20pm
post #1060 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtheatre View Post

@SS9001

i pretty much live on multchannel smile.gif. Never been much of a two-channel guy (skipped audiophile and went straight to home theater). .

While I love my 2 channel, the main reason I'm getting this receiver is for multichannel audio. I always get the sense I haven't heard my SACDs at their best. That is the same reason I have decided to upgrade my speakers. I want full floor standers in 5.1 just as the format was designed for.

What speakers are you using with this receiver?
Edited by Goalline - 2/4/13 at 6:34pm
post #1061 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

^^
"Dire Straits Brothers in Arms SACD in Pure Direct"

mine too! great ears think alike wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I have used BIA for years in evaluating & comparing each Pio receiver I've bought since early 2000's, especially the 1st track with the percussive drum twacks. Also, an ext amp and this SC-68 by itself. When I go to local Magnepan speaker dealer, that's one of the ones I bring along. I also use Cafe Blue Patricia Barber & an Opus 3 audiophile SACD's for female vocals.

If the Like Minds disc you mean is the one by Chick Corea, Gary Burton, I do have that one too, but haven't thought to use it for auditioning.

As I've gotten older, my tastes gravitate increasingly to jazz, both purist & fusion, but I do really like my classic rock. I wish Miles Davis Bitches Brew came out on 5.1 SACD but alas...

I'm also a big multichannel music junkie of all kinds, ever since the quadraphonic era. if you're into surround music, have you bought any of the King Crimson DVD-A's mastered by Steven Wilson? I'm gradually collecting all of them. I'd like to get his surround master of Jethro Tull Aqualung but it's only in the $130 anniversary box set and all I want is the 5.1 hi-rez blu-ray so I haven't gotten it yet. there's that, the Pink Floyd Immersion box sets & 5.1 Rush on my list, too...and the list is getting longer eek.gif

and coming from the 5803 beastie, that says something good about the 68 smile.gif

Speaking of external amps, does it really change the sound of the 68 when having an external amp ? I've only tried it with an external amp and not directly yet.
post #1062 of 1838
I recently decided to download some Flac files to try out the USB dac. I am wondering if I am able to use the Sc-68 with an apple computer? Is J River a good program? Does it alter the file any? I a new too hi Rez audio so any input would be great.thanks
post #1063 of 1838
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates View Post

Speaking of external amps, does it really change the sound of the 68 when having an external amp ? I've only tried it with an external amp and not directly yet.

no sure exactly what you mean but if you meant how do the 2 sound when used together, excellent. MCACC calibration will take into account the use of adding external amps for specific channels. if you remove the amp and go with the internal amps in the SC-68, just re-run MCACC. if you like to experiment between the 2, you can have 1 preset for the SC-68 by itself and create another preset for adding the amp (you can have 2 Symmetries, for example - an M1 & an M4 - or you can rename M4 to M4 Movies, renaming presets is in the manual)

if you mean how does one sound vs another, I guess that depends on the amp smile.gif I notice only very subtle differences going to a very hi powered 2 ch amp, mostly on how it handles transients like percussive attacks. but my speakers are notoriously inefficient and someone with a very efficient speaker, like a Klipsch, would probably notice no difference unless the volume were hi enough that the SC-68's amps were clipping wink.gif
post #1064 of 1838
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal1 View Post

I recently decided to download some Flac files to try out the USB dac. I am wondering if I am able to use the Sc-68 with an apple computer? Is J River a good program? Does it alter the file any? I a new too hi Rez audio so any input would be great.thanks

bbear is one of the computer audio wiz's here smile.gif but yes, you can use apple & someone posted earlier that you wouldn't need to install the USB-DAC driver on an apple since it has native async transfer. the Pioneer driver was for windows, I believe.

not having used it myself, I have read that J River is one of the top ones. I don't see how it would alter the file during playback unless you manually converted it to another format yourself with a format converter.

but I defer to folks much more knowledgeable than me on computer audio.
post #1065 of 1838
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalline View Post

While I love my 2 channel, the main reason I'm getting this receiver is for multichannel audio. I always get the sense I haven't heard my SACDs at their best. That is the same reason I have decided to upgrade my speakers. I want full floor standers in 5.1 just as the format was designed for.

What speakers are you using with this receiver?

me? I use Magnepan planar speakers all round except for the rears, which are old EPI bookshelves what happen to integrate well. and my new heights are Martin Logan Motion 4's which have a ribbon-like tweeter to better match the Magnepans.

Magnepans are large, dipolar panel speakers similar to an electrostat in looks but a bit different in how they work. if you want the specific models, I have the 3.6R's for fronts, the CC3 center and the wall mounted MC-1's as surrounds.
post #1066 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal1 View Post

I recently decided to download some Flac files to try out the USB dac. I am wondering if I am able to use the Sc-68 with an apple computer? Is J River a good program? Does it alter the file any? I a new too hi Rez audio so any input would be great.thanks

J River is a very good software, if not the best and optimized for playback of FLAC and other files from your computer but you cant run on a Mac. There are other software's available for a Mac. For computer audio this is one of the best sites to start looking at:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/

It has all the info you are looking for.
post #1067 of 1838
JRiver is terrific. Obviously, I haven't tried it on this receiver, but I currently run it through an outboard DAC and hi-rez tracks are fantastic.

ss9001, I love the 3.6's. If I had the space Maggies would be at the very top of my list, but alas, my room is only 12 feet wide.
post #1068 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalline View Post

JRiver is terrific. Obviously, I haven't tried it on this receiver, but I currently run it through an outboard DAC and hi-rez tracks are fantastic.

ss9001, I love the 3.6's. If I had the space Maggies would be at the very top of my list, but alas, my room is only 12 feet wide.

Personally I prefer a free solution such as VLC. Many do use JRiver though.
post #1069 of 1838
I'm am new to this thread but have a question about the Pioneer Elite products. I'm finished with my Onkyo 707 and am looking at the Elite SC-67. However, I'm new to Pioneer audio (currently have a Kuro). Is it a must to buy their stuff at an bricks and mortar location? The prices online are much more reasonable. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
post #1070 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalline View Post

While I love my 2 channel, the main reason I'm getting this receiver is for multichannel audio. I always get the sense I haven't heard my SACDs at their best. That is the same reason I have decided to upgrade my speakers. I want full floor standers in 5.1 just as the format was designed for.

What speakers are you using with this receiver?

Hate to admit it, but I am using lowly Pioneer FS52's, C22, and BS22's for the surrounds and rear. Believe it or not, these are very good speakers despite their price. I can easily tell the difference between my old VSX-33 and the SC-67, and I really can't give them a better recommendation than that.
post #1071 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipton View Post

I'm am new to this thread but have a question about the Pioneer Elite products. I'm finished with my Onkyo 707 and am looking at the Elite SC-67. However, I'm new to Pioneer audio (currently have a Kuro). Is it a must to buy their stuff at an bricks and mortar location? The prices online are much more reasonable. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
If you want Pioneer to honor the warranty then yes some people take chances because they have a reputation of going obsolete rather than breaking.
post #1072 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipton View Post

I'm am new to this thread but have a question about the Pioneer Elite products. I'm finished with my Onkyo 707 and am looking at the Elite SC-67. However, I'm new to Pioneer audio (currently have a Kuro). Is it a must to buy their stuff at an bricks and mortar location? The prices online are much more reasonable. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Actually, you can have the best of both worlds. I found the best price on line (amazon, cnet) and took it to Best Buy - they now match on line prices. At the time, which was about 3 months ago, I saved almost 40% vs the bricks and motar price.
post #1073 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

you're probably in the MCACC Data Check menu. and the EQ can't be changed there, read only smile.gif
try the Advanced MCACC menu, and select Manual MCACC, then select EQ Adjust. you can adjust each freq band here.

as to how it sounds vs how you'd like it to sound, that is one of the advantages of MCACC over normal non-pro Audyssey, you can tweak it afterwards.

the mid-bass reduction could be the speakers, room placement, or it could be you were used that bass freq being boosted due to there being a peak in that frequency at your seat - these are called room modes and every room has them. Modes are in all 3 dimensions, and result in peaks, dips and nulls for every freq in the bass region. they are actually for every freq but most noticeable & measurable with bass because of the long wavelengths compared to the room dimensions. the wavelength for 125 hz is ~ 9 ft! half wavelength where the wave crosses the axis or goes peak to dip is ~ 4.5 ft. so every 4.5 ft there's a peak in the volume or a drop in the volume. couple this with that freq reflecting around the room in 3 dimensions and the reflected waves cancel out or reinforce each other. the result is some parts of the room are going to have negligible volume of that freq and some parts will be boosted. stand several ft in front or or behind your seat, play the 125 hz test tone & you'll probably hear more or less of it smile.gif or just walk around the room when playing the tone, same effect.

if you had the mic positioned properly - at your listening position, sitting on a tripod or on the seat back but not in the seat itself, aimed straight up at the ceiling - then MCACC measured a 125 hz peak & reduced it 8 dB to match the target response.

you may have been listening to "boosted" bass all this time in your seat & gotten used to it. some folks have to get used to flattened bass response smile.gif

but you can change it to taste by using Manual MCACC.

forgot to answer your other question...you can defeat the whole MCACC EQ by selecting the MCACC Off preset. and you can independently turn off Phase Control & the Standing Wave Filter.

Thanks... that fixed it... I noticed that the surrounds had the 125Hz level at +6dB and teh fronts were -8dB for some reason. I am wondering if the projector (which is directly over my seating area) can be causing the problem as it is quite loud.
post #1074 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipton View Post

I'm am new to this thread but have a question about the Pioneer Elite products. I'm finished with my Onkyo 707 and am looking at the Elite SC-67. However, I'm new to Pioneer audio (currently have a Kuro). Is it a must to buy their stuff at an bricks and mortar location? The prices online are much more reasonable. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

According to Pioneer's website, if you buy from a non authorized dealer, you have no warranty.

Manhy of the online dealers are not authorized..... When I called them, they told me that they would supply a warranty from their own store (not a Pioneer warranty)

I luckily found a dealer who was authorized who sold to me at a great price. I felt fortunate.

My local BB would only match prices fulfilled by Amazon itself.... Not by amazon marketplace vendors.

If you can get BB to match, you are fortunate.
post #1075 of 1838
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post

Thanks... that fixed it... I noticed that the surrounds had the 125Hz level at +6dB and teh fronts were -8dB for some reason. I am wondering if the projector (which is directly over my seating area) can be causing the problem as it is quite loud.

if you have the projector running at the same time as the measurements, well yeah! wink.gif

that's no different than having the AC on or running a sweeper in the next room. even if MCACC indicated ambient noise was OK, it's not a good idea to have background noise when you're doing the calibration...you really want the room to be as quiet as possible. if you need the PJ for OSD, you can always just use the front panel. it's one line at a time, but I think that's a good tradeoff for better measurements. another option is connect up a tv temporarily for running the calibration.

it may make no significant difference at all to your results but I think may be worth a try, especially if you say if's loud. I can only tell you I wouldn't do my own with a PJ running at same time wink.gif

btw - it's not unusual to have big differences in levels between the speakers. it depends on how matched they are, big ones in front vs small ones at sides, etc. It's quite possible it measured the fronts as 125 hz heavy & the surrounds as 125 hz light. keep in mind, it's matching all of them to a target curve, so whatever it takes to get there smile.gif
Edited by ss9001 - 2/5/13 at 1:49pm
post #1076 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackVette View Post

According to Pioneer's website, if you buy from a non authorized dealer, you have no warranty.

Manhy of the online dealers are not authorized..... When I called them, they told me that they would supply a warranty from their own store (not a Pioneer warranty)

I luckily found a dealer who was authorized who sold to me at a great price. I felt fortunate.

My local BB would only match prices fulfilled by Amazon itself.... Not by amazon marketplace vendors.

If you can get BB to match, you are fortunate.

BB actualy has a lot of flexibility in price matching, but it's a negotiation. The minimum they will all do is match an amazon fulfilled offer. I bought both my new elite and my new panny there - both were matched online offers and neither was amazon fulfilled. In fact the panny vendor wasn't even listed on amazon and they agreed to not charge sales tax on top of the price, a real benefit. If you have a couple of outlets in the area, that's helpful. I dealt with the magnolia guys, and ultimately the manager, and kept reiterating I was redoing my HT (so future business was likely). Good luck if you go this route.
post #1077 of 1838
I gave VLC a try. I seem to get output but somewhat distorted when I turn computers volume up. How should I set the volume on the computer to about half then use the SC 68 volume? i am a bit confused here, I am thinking I am sending a signal that is clipping to the sc -68 maybe someone can chime in on the best way to set volume when using the usb/dac.
post #1078 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal1 View Post

I gave VLC a try. I seem to get output but somewhat distorted when I turn computers volume up. How should I set the volume on the computer to about half then use the SC 68 volume? i am a bit confused here, I am thinking I am sending a signal that is clipping to the sc -68 maybe someone can chime in on the best way to set volume when using the usb/dac.

Yes, VLC for some reason allows one to set volume at more than 100%. Just keep it set at the midpoint which indicates 100%.
post #1079 of 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal1 View Post

I recently decided to download some Flac files to try out the USB dac. I am wondering if I am able to use the Sc-68 with an apple computer? Is J River a good program? Does it alter the file any? I a new too hi Rez audio so any input would be great.thanks

I've had good success streaming FLAC files directly to my SC-68 from my iMac using TVMobiLi (free application for OSX, Win, Linux).
My iMac isn't set up to read flac format at all and I've got transcoding disabled in TVMobiLi.
The SC-68 has the most recent firmware update.

As an example, one of the files:

01 Holst - The Planets - Mars.flac: FLAC audio bitstream data, 16 bit, stereo, 44.1 kHz, 18863069 samples

TVMobiLi's view of the file (it's in the iMac's Downloads directory, which is one of the access folders for TVMobiLi)


status in the 2012 iControlAV app running on an iPhone


Sound is fantastic! And the DLNA functionality of the SC-68 and the ControlAV app is wonderful for audio.
post #1080 of 1838
TVMobili looks good. I like the feedback you are getting on the Icontrol app. I am not sure why you are set to media server when using the USB DAC? I want the best sound to get to the Pioneer so I thought you had to go directly to the USB/ Dac.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Pioneer SC-68/67 Thread