or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Pioneer SC-68/67 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Pioneer SC-68/67 Thread - Page 38

post #1111 of 1835
pardon me if my question is beyond the scope of the thread but is anyone aware of a AV Dealer in NYC who carries both Pioneer & NAD AVRs so i can do a direct comparison between the two.
post #1112 of 1835
Considering the Pionner 68 to replace an Integra 9.9 processor with blown hdmi ports.

I've read all the posts in this thread and the marantz 8801 processor thread, which was really time consuming. Can't bring myself to read the denon 4520 thread yet. these are the three units currently considering. Don't really want to spend the $3000+ for the marantz and it has its share of bugs at the moment, plus I've been happy with the Integra 9.9 sound (99% movies in my room, not really music), and the fact that I spent less than $2k for it. That pretty much my threshhold, price wise, though If the 68 cost a little more I'd go.

I have dedicated home theater room with treatments, B&W 804s LR, with B&W center and surrounds. 7 channel amp (300w) so don't need a receiver unless i go to 9.1. JL Audio F112 sub with its room optimizer software. Will not be adding a second sub. Currently 7.1, and I 'm either going to stay with 7.1 or possibly add 2 more (hi or sides). I only have a time warner cable box and Oppo player as inputs to this system. Sometimes stream netflix or hudu movies.

I do want network connectivity for upgrades and netflix, and I like the idea of using apps on my IOS devices for remotes, hence the reason why I'm looking at the 68, Den 4520, marantz even though I don't need a receiver, or multi-zone, media server connections, tons of processing modes (DTS HD Audio or Dolby fine for me).

Can't decide yet but really considering the 68, but never had MCAC. Have read earlier in this thread that sub eq is really the most important, so what are your thoughts on the following:
Will the room correction eq that comes with my JL Audio 112 be good enough there, and will it be a good combination with mcacc?
With my treated room I'm assuming mcacc or even odyssey 32 wouldn't have to work that hard to tune my room...
If I use my 300w/channel amp for say my existing 7 speakers, and two amps in the 68 for either the front heights or wides,, will I be able to tune and blend them into the other 7 speakers?

Thanks in advance
post #1113 of 1835
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post

pardon me if my question is beyond the scope of the thread but is anyone aware of a AV Dealer in NYC who carries both Pioneer & NAD AVRs so i can do a direct comparison between the two.

can't help with a NAD dealer. suggest you go to NAD website and do a search for dealers in NYC area then check with them on Pioneer, most of them have their own websites linked to the NAD page so easy to see what other brands they carry.

the only dealer I personally know of is Value Electronics Scarsdale NY who carries Pioneer Elite, Denon & also Marantz.
Edited by ss9001 - 2/11/13 at 8:26am
post #1114 of 1835
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lem View Post

Will the room correction eq that comes with my JL Audio 112 be good enough there, and will it be a good combination with mcacc? With my treated room I'm assuming mcacc or even odyssey 32 wouldn't have to work that hard to tune my room...If I use my 300w/channel amp for say my existing 7 speakers, and two amps in the 68 for either the front heights or wides,, will I be able to tune and blend them into the other 7 speakers?

Thanks in advance

1. yes, I would think so since your sub has its own built-in EQ system. I've used MCACC with Velodyne's full parametric EQ'r built-in to their DD subs and the SVS AS-EQ1 audyssey sub EQ system. both work very well with MCACC.

2. I would say yes, since the more your room is already treated, the less radical changes the room EQ has to make. most experts say for best results, basic treatments (bass traps, 1st reflection absorption/diffusion) should come first. you are good to go smile.gif

3. yes, no problem. I use an ext amp for the fronts and let the receiver do the rest & experience great sound quality. many folks use receivers as prepros with a 3, 5 or 7 ch amp and then use the receiver's amps for rears, wides or heights. the calibration & EQ system will take that into account. the models you are considering all have preamp outs for all channels so you can mate them with as many or few ext amps as you'd like.

and I agree, the models you are looking at: SC-68, 4520, 8801 are all top performers. sure, it'd be nice to see another new owner here, but all of them are very worthy contenders smile.gif

happy shopping biggrin.gif keep us posted how it goes or if you have more questions.
post #1115 of 1835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lem View Post

Considering the Pionner 68 to replace an Integra 9.9 processor with blown hdmi ports.

I've read all the posts in this thread and the marantz 8801 processor thread, which was really time consuming. Can't bring myself to read the denon 4520 thread yet. these are the three units currently considering. Don't really want to spend the $3000+ for the marantz and it has its share of bugs at the moment, plus I've been happy with the Integra 9.9 sound (99% movies in my room, not really music), and the fact that I spent less than $2k for it. That pretty much my threshhold, price wise, though If the 68 cost a little more I'd go.

I have dedicated home theater room with treatments, B&W 804s LR, with B&W center and surrounds. 7 channel amp (300w) so don't need a receiver unless i go to 9.1. JL Audio F112 sub with its room optimizer software. Will not be adding a second sub. Currently 7.1, and I 'm either going to stay with 7.1 or possibly add 2 more (hi or sides). I only have a time warner cable box and Oppo player as inputs to this system. Sometimes stream netflix or hudu movies.

I do want network connectivity for upgrades and netflix, and I like the idea of using apps on my IOS devices for remotes, hence the reason why I'm looking at the 68, Den 4520, marantz even though I don't need a receiver, or multi-zone, media server connections, tons of processing modes (DTS HD Audio or Dolby fine for me).

Can't decide yet but really considering the 68, but never had MCAC. Have read earlier in this thread that sub eq is really the most important, so what are your thoughts on the following:
Will the room correction eq that comes with my JL Audio 112 be good enough there, and will it be a good combination with mcacc?
With my treated room I'm assuming mcacc or even odyssey 32 wouldn't have to work that hard to tune my room...
If I use my 300w/channel amp for say my existing 7 speakers, and two amps in the 68 for either the front heights or wides,, will I be able to tune and blend them into the other 7 speakers?

Thanks in advance

I agonized over which receiver to get. I previously had the two top of the line Denons. Denon 5600, followed by Denon 5803.

I looked at the same receivers you have on your list as well as the new Yamaha and Integra.

I'm happy with the Pioneer. Of course I don't know if the other choices would have been better, but I heard a lot of good things about the SC68 and the price was very appealing. (sub $2000).

I also got an Oppo 103 and together it sounds great. Again, to each his own, but I'm happy with my decision.

Pioneer has a few quirks that annoy me but overall I'm happy.

Good luck
post #1116 of 1835
SC-67 HDMI Audio Problem.

Just got the SC-67 in January and am now having an odd "audio" issue via HDMI. In particular the Cable box to SC-67 via HDMI will show video but not audio.

Here is my set up and what I have done to try to isolate the issue

* Cable Box, BD player, AppleTV content sources all connected to the SC-67 via HDMI. HDMI from the SC-67 to the TV.

* BD Player & AppleTV both work with Audio/Video via HDMI to the SC-67 and to the TV

* Cable Box inexplicably stopped playing Audio via HDMI. Video still displays!


What I have done so far

* I tried using a different HDMI terminal (was on Cable/Sat and then tried BDR) on the AVR to see if the terminal was the issue. Was not. Changed terminals, same problem.
* I have swapped out the HDMI cable to another one to see if that was the issue. Was not.
* Connected a Coaxial Audio cable from Xfinity Cable Box to SC-67, switched to "Digital signal" (signal select) and that did enable the audio.
* I connected the Cable Box directly to the TV via HDMI and got Audio & Video. This confirmed to me that the HDMI cable is not at fault and the Cable box is not at fault.

So, it appears there is something in the AVR that is not decoding the Cable Box HDMI audio signal. (and coax digital does work).

While I can get audio via the "digital connection" for that Input, I would rather not do that as I am actually using that same connection for something else (AppleTV audio to play while watching TV). So that's why I need that HDMI signal to pass audio.

This is a very odd problem. It just happned last night while changing channels (from HD to SD but that shouldn't matter). Maybe there is some setting I am missing. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Can HDMI fail with just audio and not video?

Let me know if there is any other test that I am missing to isolate the problem.
post #1117 of 1835
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce1973 View Post

SC-67 HDMI Audio Problem.

Just got the SC-67 in January and am now having an odd "audio" issue via HDMI. In particular the Cable box to SC-67 via HDMI will show video but not audio.

Here is my set up and what I have done to try to isolate the issue

* Cable Box, BD player, AppleTV content sources all connected to the SC-67 via HDMI. HDMI from the SC-67 to the TV.

* BD Player & AppleTV both work with Audio/Video via HDMI to the SC-67 and to the TV

* Cable Box inexplicably stopped playing Audio via HDMI. Video still displays!


What I have done so far

* I tried using a different HDMI terminal (was on Cable/Sat and then tried BDR) on the AVR to see if the terminal was the issue. Was not. Changed terminals, same problem.
* I have swapped out the HDMI cable to another one to see if that was the issue. Was not.
* Connected a Coaxial Audio cable from Xfinity Cable Box to SC-67, switched to "Digital signal" (signal select) and that did enable the audio.
* I connected the Cable Box directly to the TV via HDMI and got Audio & Video. This confirmed to me that the HDMI cable is not at fault and the Cable box is not at fault.

So, it appears there is something in the AVR that is not decoding the Cable Box HDMI audio signal. (and coax digital does work).

While I can get audio via the "digital connection" for that Input, I would rather not do that as I am actually using that same connection for something else (AppleTV audio to play while watching TV).

So that's why I need that HDMI signal to pass audio.

This is a very odd problem. It just happned last night while changing channels (from HD to SD but that shouldn't matter). Maybe there is some setting I am missing. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Can HDMI fail with just audio and not video?

Let me know if there is any other test that I am missing to isolate the problem.

I am having the same issue but with a different setup.

My Pioneer SC68 will show the video from the cable box, but no audio.

My TV doesn't have HDMI now. It has DVI and I use a HDMI to DVI cable.

I only have a problem with the cable box. The other connected devices work fine.

I just got off the phone with Pioneer and they say its a handshake issue between the TV, Pioneer, and Cable Box.

I tried every troubleshooting step I could think of...

I get around this by using coax for audio and the component cables.

One last thing.... On Sunday, for some reason I got no audio from any device (Blu Ray, Apple TV, Nothing.....)

The only way I got it running was unplugging the Pioneer. That worked. The Pioneer rep thought that this fixed the handshake.... Cable still doesn't work but everything else does at least.
Edited by JackVette - 2/11/13 at 10:22am
post #1118 of 1835
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce1973 View Post

* Cable Box inexplicably stopped playing Audio via HDMI. Video still displays!

this is long shot but are you using HDMI Control, Sync Mode, or ARC? you might try turning them all off & see what happens. possible something in the receiver got accidentally changed.

there is one other setting & another long shot - go into audio parameters and see if HDMI audio is set to Amp or Through. Amp is the default, Through will block receiver from playing audio. I suspect it's set to Amp or none of your devices would have audio but it's something to check.
Edited by ss9001 - 2/11/13 at 1:42pm
post #1119 of 1835
*** DTS HD HR problem ***


Hi guys!

Please forgive me my poor english...

For last few days I have Pioneer SC-LX76 (european model) - I think, it is the same, as ELITE SC-67.


My blu-ray player is Dune BD Prime 3.0. It is connected via HDMI to the Pioneer AVR. The Dune is configured to bitstream sound.

Today, playing James Bond "Quantum of Solace" i noticed, that my Pioneer can't decode DTS HD HR sound. There was no sound from speakers at all. Fortunatelly I have my old AVR - Yamaha RX-V1067. So, I swapped AVRs, to check if the problem still persists. It turned out, that 3 years old Yamaha has no problem with playing DTS HD HD sound.

Then i made some few tests and I can say, that Pioneer can't play any blu-ray disc with DTS HD HR sound. I tested 4 movies and got same problem - James Bond (I have no another blu-rays with DTS HD HR):
- Quantum of Solace
- The World is Not Enough
- Thunderball
- Dr. No

Of course Yamaha can play them all.

Pioneer can play all other HD formats. I checked DTS HD Master, Dolby True HD, Flac 24/192.

Can anybody confirm this issue? Or maybe this strange problem is caused by Dune blu-ray player. I have never had such problem using my Yamaha (connected to Dune). If I can't find the way how to fix this problem, I think I will have to return Pioneer back to the shop.


I look forward your replies.


Best Regards!

Robert
post #1120 of 1835
Does your Dune have the ability to play DTS-HD Master since that has replaced HR since about 2009 and has a higher bit rate and just checked most of the AVR sites with no current mention of HR seems they have gone straight to Master including Yamaha.
What are your audio options on those disc.
post #1121 of 1835
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce1973 View Post

SC-67 HDMI Audio Problem.

Just got the SC-67 in January and am now having an odd "audio" issue via HDMI. In particular the Cable box to SC-67 via HDMI will show video but not audio.

Here is my set up and what I have done to try to isolate the issue

* Cable Box, BD player, AppleTV content sources all connected to the SC-67 via HDMI. HDMI from the SC-67 to the TV.

* BD Player & AppleTV both work with Audio/Video via HDMI to the SC-67 and to the TV

* Cable Box inexplicably stopped playing Audio via HDMI. Video still displays!


What I have done so far

* I tried using a different HDMI terminal (was on Cable/Sat and then tried BDR) on the AVR to see if the terminal was the issue. Was not. Changed terminals, same problem.
* I have swapped out the HDMI cable to another one to see if that was the issue. Was not.
* Connected a Coaxial Audio cable from Xfinity Cable Box to SC-67, switched to "Digital signal" (signal select) and that did enable the audio.
* I connected the Cable Box directly to the TV via HDMI and got Audio & Video. This confirmed to me that the HDMI cable is not at fault and the Cable box is not at fault.

So, it appears there is something in the AVR that is not decoding the Cable Box HDMI audio signal. (and coax digital does work).

While I can get audio via the "digital connection" for that Input, I would rather not do that as I am actually using that same connection for something else (AppleTV audio to play while watching TV). So that's why I need that HDMI signal to pass audio.

This is a very odd problem. It just happned last night while changing channels (from HD to SD but that shouldn't matter). Maybe there is some setting I am missing. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Can HDMI fail with just audio and not video?

Let me know if there is any other test that I am missing to isolate the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackVette View Post

I am having the same issue but with a different setup.

My Pioneer SC68 will show the video from the cable box, but no audio.

My TV doesn't have HDMI now. It has DVI and I use a HDMI to DVI cable.

I only have a problem with the cable box. The other connected devices work fine.

I just got off the phone with Pioneer and they say its a handshake issue between the TV, Pioneer, and Cable Box.

I tried every troubleshooting step I could think of...

I get around this by using coax for audio and the component cables.

One last thing.... On Sunday, for some reason I got no audio from any device (Blu Ray, Apple TV, Nothing.....)

The only way I got it running was unplugging the Pioneer. That worked. The Pioneer rep thought that this fixed the handshake.... Cable still doesn't work but everything else does at least.

I had the same issue and the only way around it that I could find, was to plug in the coax. Page 34 says "Even if your set-top box is equipped with an HDMI output terminal, in some cases the sound is output from the digital audio output (optical or coaxial) and only the video is output from the HDMI...."
post #1122 of 1835
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech View Post

Does your Dune have the ability to play DTS-HD Master since that has replaced HR since about 2009 and has a higher bit rate and just checked most of the AVR sites with no current mention of HR seems they have gone straight to Master including Yamaha.
What are your audio options on those disc.

The Dune blu-ray player can play (bitstream) DTS HD Master and Pioneer can decode this kind of stream. Generally I have never had any problem with the Dune player.

All the discs I have tested contains:
- DTS HD HR 5.1 (= DTS-HD High Resolution 5.1)
- DTS 5.1
- Stereo

I've checked the technical specification of Pioneer AVR. I've found, that Pioneer should play the DTS HD HR (DTS-HD High Resolution) format, but it doesn't.
According specification, supported HD Audio Formafts are:
• Dolby TrueHD
• DTS-HD Master Audio
• DTS-HD High Resolution


So, can anybody confirm this issue?

Robert
post #1123 of 1835
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates View Post


I had the same issue and the only way around it that I could find, was to plug in the coax. Page 34 says "Even if your set-top box is equipped with an HDMI output terminal, in some cases the sound is output from the digital audio output (optical or coaxial) and only the video is output from the HDMI...."

it would be nice to collate a list of tuner/dvr boxes that do this, cable/sat provider, mfg of box & model number. I have a couple of "reserved" posts at the beginning, could use one as a list for issues like this. or someone can post FAQ/list here and I can link to it from the reserved post.
post #1124 of 1835
Thread Starter 
if anyone is using HDMI ARC audio return channel, what all did you do to have it work?
post #1125 of 1835
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpos View Post

I've checked the technical specification of Pioneer AVR. I've found, that Pioneer should play the DTS HD HR (DTS-HD High Resolution) format, but it doesn't.
According specification, supported HD Audio Formafts are:
• Dolby TrueHD
• DTS-HD Master Audio
• DTS-HD High Resolution


So, can anybody confirm this issue?

Robert

Is this issue occurring with all players or just the Dune? I plan on using the Oppo 103. Anyone tried HR with this player?
post #1126 of 1835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalline View Post

Is this issue occurring with all players or just the Dune? I plan on using the Oppo 103. Anyone tried HR with this player?

Tommorow I'm going to do some test with an Onkyo blu-ray player. I will let you know.

To be honest, I dont think it is Dune player fault. In my opinion this is Pioneer firmware error.



Robert
post #1127 of 1835
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

if anyone is using HDMI ARC audio return channel, what all did you do to have it work?

I'm not in front of the system now, but it wasn't hard. Connected from HDMI2 on the TV (a Panasonic TC-L55WT50) to HDMI OUT 1 on the SC-68. I set up the TV input to support ARC. I think this note from page 47 of the manual helps:
Quote:
b. When ARC at HDMI Setup is set to ON, it is not possible to make assignments to the TV input's Audio In terminals.

One other key piece of information is that HDMI 2 is the only HDMI input on the Panasonic that supports ARC. I don't think I had to change anything on the TV to make it work.

I hope this helps.

--Steve Fintel
post #1128 of 1835
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfintel View Post

I'm not in front of the system now, but it wasn't hard. Connected from HDMI2 on the TV (a Panasonic TC-L55WT50) to HDMI OUT 1 on the SC-68. I set up the TV input to support ARC. I think this note from page 47 of the manual helps:
One other key piece of information is that HDMI 2 is the only HDMI input on the Panasonic that supports ARC. I don't think I had to change anything on the TV to make it work.

I hope this helps.

--Steve Fintel

Great info! I also just saw a post - Hdmi 1.4 cable. That may be a factor why some folks can't get it to work
post #1129 of 1835
Agreed, most current cables available. I believe that they stopped numbering the latest HDMI cables. I believe they just call the latest HDMI cable High Speed. I know there is a website for all HDMI cables info. cant recall it right now. Also make sure you have the latest firmware version on your AVR. Dont forget also latest firmware on your TV, Bluray player, Cable box, etc......That will solve some of the concerns with HDMI handshake issues.
post #1130 of 1835
"I previously had the two top of the line Denons. Denon 5600, followed by Denon 5803. ...I'm happy with the Pioneer".

That is quite a statement. Wow.

I'm not a fan of Denon, they seemed a bit boring. HOWEVER any of the 5800 series is upper echelon, so I'm surprised you take the SC-68 over them.

I can't believe I'm even looking at Pioneer. Seems so 70's maybe 80's.
post #1131 of 1835
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintright View Post

"I previously had the two top of the line Denons. Denon 5600, followed by Denon 5803. ...I'm happy with the Pioneer".

That is quite a statement. Wow.

I'm not a fan of Denon, they seemed a bit boring. HOWEVER any of the 5800 series is upper echelon, so I'm surprised you take the SC-68 over them.

I can't believe I'm even looking at Pioneer. Seems so 70's maybe 80's.

Keep in mind that my 5803 doesn't have HDMI. Also no networking.

Pioneer seems like a steal comparing to what I paid for those two.

So far, so good.

I considered the Yamaha since it also had some great ratings.

Anyway, I'm happy now and Pioneer didn't break the bank.
post #1132 of 1835
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpos View Post

*** DTS HD HR problem ***


Hi guys!

Please forgive me my poor english...

For last few days I have Pioneer SC-LX76 (european model) - I think, it is the same, as ELITE SC-67.


My blu-ray player is Dune BD Prime 3.0. It is connected via HDMI to the Pioneer AVR. The Dune is configured to bitstream sound.

Today, playing James Bond "Quantum of Solace" i noticed, that my Pioneer can't decode DTS HD HR sound. There was no sound from speakers at all. Fortunatelly I have my old AVR - Yamaha RX-V1067. So, I swapped AVRs, to check if the problem still persists. It turned out, that 3 years old Yamaha has no problem with playing DTS HD HD sound.

Then i made some few tests and I can say, that Pioneer can't play any blu-ray disc with DTS HD HR sound. I tested 4 movies and got same problem - James Bond (I have no another blu-rays with DTS HD HR):
- Quantum of Solace
- The World is Not Enough
- Thunderball
- Dr. No

Of course Yamaha can play them all.

Pioneer can play all other HD formats. I checked DTS HD Master, Dolby True HD, Flac 24/192.

Can anybody confirm this issue? Or maybe this strange problem is caused by Dune blu-ray player. I have never had such problem using my Yamaha (connected to Dune). If I can't find the way how to fix this problem, I think I will have to return Pioneer back to the shop.


I look forward your replies.


Best Regards!

Robert
Unless you have a different Quantum Of Solace mine list Dolby Digital and DTS HD Master as my audio options no HR.

Digital Core DSP Engine TI Aureus x 2
Air Studios Certification Yes
THX™ Certification Select 2 Plus
iPod Digital Audio
192K/24-Bit DACs 192kHz/32-Bit
Dolby True HD
Dolby Digital plus
Dolby Pro-Logic IIz
DTS-HD Master Audio
DTS Neo:X Yes
This is taken from the decoder spec for 68/67
post #1133 of 1835
Just ordered a SC-67. Upgraded from a Onkyo TX-NR905. Seriously considered and wanted another Onkyo including the 3009, 3010 & 818.
Researched quite a bit and found so many quality issues with Onkyo. Read this 67/68 thread from top to bottom. Seems there are some issues with the 67/68 but solid overall. Most related to interfacing with computers which can be a challenge.
I did read the reviews of the SC61 & SC68 on HT.com
I was surprised by the power measurements which are listed below. According to their test, the 61 has more power into 5 & 7 channels (0.1 distortion) than the 68.
Anyone want to take a shot at explaining why that would be?

SC-61
Two channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 127.2 watts
1% distortion at 150.3 watts

Five channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 109.0 watts
1% distortion at 127.7 watts

Seven channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 99.4 watts
1% distortion at 110.3 watts

SC-68

Two channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 144.5 watts
1% distortion at 191.6 watts

Five channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 92.3 watts
1% distortion at 138.8 watts

Seven channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 90.0 watts
1% distortion at 113.8 watts
post #1134 of 1835
Anyone else notice the power ratings published by HT.com for the 61 & 68.
The 61 has more power than the 68 @ 0.1 distortion.

S-61
Two channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 127.2 watts
1% distortion at 150.3 watts

Five channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 109.0 watts
1% distortion at 127.7 watts

Seven channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 99.4 watts
1% distortion at 110.3

SC-68
Two channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 144.5 watts
1% distortion at 191.6 watts

Five channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 92.3 watts
1% distortion at 138.8 watts

Seven channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads:
0.1% distortion at 90.0 watts
1% distortion at 113.8 watts
post #1135 of 1835
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpos View Post

Tommorow I'm going to do some test with an Onkyo blu-ray player. I will let you know.

To be honest, I dont think it is Dune player fault. In my opinion this is Pioneer firmware error.



Robert

Thanks Robert.
post #1136 of 1835
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

Great info! I also just saw a post - Hdmi 1.4 cable. That may be a factor why some folks can't get it to work

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure I don't own an HDMI 1.4 cable.

--Steve Fintel
post #1137 of 1835
I just read the Pioneer is spinning off their Home A/V line. I wonder what that means for future elite products....

http://www.twice.com/articletype/financial/pioneer-posts-q3-losses-plans-home-av-spinoff/105016
post #1138 of 1835
Hello, I posted this in the SC-55 thread but it seems to be less active. Any help would be appreciated.

I just got some headphones and want to use them for late night listening on my SC-55. When I plug the headphones in my speakers stay on and also switch to stereo? How do I have just the sound come out of the headphones and not both? Thanks!!
post #1139 of 1835
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfintel View Post

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure I don't own an HDMI 1.4 cable.

--Steve Fintel

interesting...someone posted in another SC thread to use 1.4 cable. for some reason, a number of folks can't seem to figure out how to get sound from ARC.
post #1140 of 1835
On the SC67/68, there is a speakers button on the remote that can toggle the speakers off/on....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Pioneer SC-68/67 Thread