or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › T-Rex on 27,000watts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-Rex on 27,000watts

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Scary!!! biggrin.gif
post #2 of 10
Thread Starter 
Unibox graphs of my system as follows:

MalX-21's


Dayton Pro 18's


LMS-18 Ultra


SDX-15's


at least, in theory rolleyes.gif
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post

Unibox graphs of my system as follows:

Congratulations. We're all very happy for you... rolleyes.gif

Sorry, these threads are just getting old redface.gif
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post

Unibox graphs of my system as follows:

at least, in theory rolleyes.gif

Yeah....woah! Your Unibox specs are WWAAAAYYYYY off.

A single LMS-U is excursion limited output @ 20hz at about 114dB. Quad Dayton pro 18's are limited to 110dB @ 20hz. Dual SDX-15's are limited to 114dB @ 20hz. Dual Mal-X 21's are limited to 120dB @ 20hz.

Your figures are extremely generous and off by ~+6dB on every count. Lol, you have all your drivers listed with twice as much Xmax as they should. When entering Xmax data in Unibox, it assumes one-way excursion. If you hover your mouse of the Xmax listing it even tells you that. You'll be bottoming out drivers left and right if you were to trust any of these sims. tongue.gif
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Here are the 8 new subs I've been working on for 2013.

Is that "new" enough for ya? Are you un-bored yet? eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif
I didn't notice the new DIY rule that says, if you don't post a new sub system every week, you become completely unworthy and boring??? OR... first one to 32 subwoofers WINS!!! rolleyes.gif

FYI: I would still have this many subwoofers regardless of the existance of the internet ya know; this isn't a pissing contest. If you think THAT is what I'm about, you're wrong! I wasn't even going to post this, but whatever. cool.gif
post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Yeah....woah! Your Unibox specs are WWAAAAYYYYY off.
A single LMS-U is excursion limited output @ 20hz at about 114dB. Quad Dayton pro 18's are limited to 110dB @ 20hz. Dual SDX-15's are limited to 114dB @ 20hz. Dual Mal-X 21's are limited to 120dB @ 20hz.
Your figures are extremely generous and off by ~+6dB on every count. Lol, you have all your drivers listed with twice as much Xmax as they should. When entering Xmax data in Unibox, it assumes one-way excursion. If you hover your mouse of the Xmax listing it even tells you that. You'll be bottoming out drivers left and right if you were to trust any of these sims. tongue.gif

I was wondering about that, it said peak, so I just guessed that it was total.
New graphs in these sealed boxes at max would be this then:




post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post

Is that "new" enough for ya? Are you un-bored yet? eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post

I didn't notice the new DIY rule that says, if you don't post a new sub system every week, you become completely unworthy and boring??? OR... first one to 32 subwoofers WINS!!! rolleyes.gif
FYI: I would still have this many subwoofers regardless of the existance of the internet ya know; this isn't a pissing contest. If you think THAT is what I'm about, you're wrong! I wasn't even going to post this, but whatever. cool.gif

It's not really an issue of being bored just annoyed... You don't have to create a new thread every time you take a new video or make a small change to your system. Just create a thread on your system and make a new post in it. It's cleaner and easier for everyone. Plus it just screams "look at my system" when you post a new video of it, especially when you label it "music/movie playing on 1000 gigawatts" every time. I'm sure that's not your intention but that's how it comes across smile.gif

I know this isn't the first time this was brought up either, it's not as bad as it was back in May but I still felt the need to whine about it today for some reason tongue.gif
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1412334/fleetwood-mac-dreams-on-27000-watts
post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennon_68 View Post

It's not really an issue of being bored just annoyed... You don't have to create a new thread every time you take a new video or make a small change to your system. Just create a thread on your system and make a new post in it. It's cleaner and easier for everyone. Plus it just screams "look at my system" when you post a new video of it, especially when you label it "music/movie playing on 1000 gigawatts" every time. I'm sure that's not your intention but that's how it comes across smile.gif
I know this isn't the first time this was brought up either, it's not as bad as it was back in May but I still felt the need to whine about it today for some reason tongue.gif
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1412334/fleetwood-mac-dreams-on-27000-watts

I can't afford to go anywhere or do anything, I post mainly because I'm bored and broke, nothing good on TV and broke from buying all this nutty audio equipment. It's a vicious cycle tongue.gif
There are disadvantages of doing it that way as well, it would force the users to read 100 pages of dead links and deleted videos and old-irrevalent system configurations all the way back to 1876,
and it would still go to the top of the list like all threads do so you'd still be annoyed by seeing it appear now and then, perhaps more so because the title would never change and you'd never know what the new thing was about. So I don't see much difference in its annoyance-factor there.

AND, I would have to go find it each time, HOWEVER I'm the laziest person in existence... I'm as lazy as diamonds are hard. biggrin.gif
post #9 of 10
Keep posting BassthatHZ I like it....cool.gif
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post

HOWEVER I'm the laziest person in existence... I'm as lazy as diamonds are hard. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › T-Rex on 27,000watts