or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Survivor : Phillippines in HD September 19 CBS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Survivor : Phillippines in HD September 19 CBS - Page 12

post #331 of 586
Thread Starter 
Editing for drama is common and has been for a long, long time .. and most of us, me included, get sucked in and involved .. I was cheering for Penner to pull it off ..
post #332 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33idolfinder View Post

Penner had nothing and the others had 3-4 pieces left. Next frame all had 3 pieces left. Next Penner solves it while the others play with themselves to look busy.
So yes, the only sure thing is that the time sequence of this was NOT real and was edited to look like an amazing victory from behind for Penner.
What really happened? No way to be sure.
One can trust that everything on TV is true.
Other can make the logical assumption that such a turn of events was very unlikely to happen. And since the production has proven 1000 times that they can change e few things, its only logical to assume they decided to change much more to make it "the most complicated and entertaining ever" as Jeff said.

We saw the same misleading editing when they had to spin all the wheels to spell a phrase. It's only in the brief wide shots where you can tell the actual comparative performance.
post #333 of 586
Did anyone notice Penner make a comment to Scoup when RC walked in at tribal council? Any thoughts?
post #334 of 586
Skupin?
post #335 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33idolfinder View Post


Penner had nothing and the others had 3-4 pieces left. Next frame all had 3 pieces left. Next Penner solves it while the others play with themselves to look busy.
So yes, the only sure thing is that the time sequence of this was NOT real and was edited to look like an amazing victory from behind for Penner.
What really happened? No way to be sure.
One can trust that everything on TV is true.
Other can make the logical assumption that such a turn of events was very unlikely to happen. And since the production has proven 1000 times that they can change e few things, its only logical to assume they decided to change much more to make it "the most complicated and entertaining ever" as Jeff said.

 

I think I can speak for many Survivor fans when I say, WHO CARES?   I'm guessing most fans of this show fully understand the not-so-clever editing that takes place on these challenges.   In my opinion, the immunity challenges are very often a boring necessity of the show..  I can't imagine how boring they would be if they were not edited.    So what really happened?  Who cares.   Penner won, that's all that matters in the end. 

post #336 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

I think I can speak for many Survivor fans when I say, WHO CARES?   I'm guessing most fans of this show fully understand the not-so-clever editing that takes place on these challenges.   In my opinion, the immunity challenges are very often a boring necessity of the show..  I can't imagine how boring they would be if they were not edited.    So what really happened?  Who cares.   Penner won, that's all that matters in the end. 


Men like sports! smile.gif
post #337 of 586
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Abi, the tribe just showed you that you are NOTHING.
post #338 of 586
The reaction of Artis to the first vote was great. Once again the editing made it look like Lisa will be the one to flip but it was Skupin that did.
post #339 of 586
AWESOME! Finally, someone realized their days were numbered and decided to flip, after all these seasons I didn't think it would happen. Good to see he had some balls and took the oppurtunity to end that alliance. Excellent episode all around. That Abi sure plays the game like an idiot, her cocky attitude is horrible.
post #340 of 586
Thread Starter 
I don't understand the Artis vote out .. I would have been gunning for Abi or the dude she hangs with ..
post #341 of 586
I couldn't understand the Artis vote either. Maybe it was because of things we don't see as viewers. I would like to have seen Pete go, then we would get to enjoy Abi going ballistic . . . biggrin.gif
post #342 of 586
They discussed Abi & Pete but were afraid of Abi's immunity idol, that she may use it on herself or had given it to Pete. Artis was the only one sure to be voted out.

Note: If they had split the vote between Abi & Pete, then Penner would have been the one to go. Can't believe "Blair" voted to send Penner home after all of the interaction that was shown between the two of them. Just more deceptive editing that Survivor is famous for, I guess.
post #343 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I don't understand the Artis vote out .. I would have been gunning for Abi or the dude she hangs with ..
They were worried Abi would use the idol, or give it to Pete if they got wind of a plot against him. They thought that there was no way Abi would give it to Artis, and it still effectively cripples their team.
post #344 of 586
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

They were worried Abi would use the idol, or give it to Pete if they got wind of a plot against him. They thought that there was no way Abi would give it to Artis, and it still effectively cripples their team.

I forgot she had an Idol .. at the same time, she is so sure of herself, it would have been a beautiful thing to see her get blindsided ..

Abi just can't shut up .. she thinks she's Dr Phil, she thinks she's immune to a vote out, she thinks she's in total control and has little to any respect for anyone else in the game .. her only redeeming characteristic is .. well, I won't go there today .. wink.gif
post #345 of 586
i thought for sure that pete would try to persuade abi to give him the idol. maybe he tried and they just didn't show it.
lisa defined the phrase "loyal to a fault". good episode. game on!
post #346 of 586

Great episode.  This has been my favorite season of Survivor in a long time.    I love how Penner broke it down for Lisa.  Do you want to be remembered as one of the good guys or the bad guys?  Nailed it right on the head.   Its like he's writing the episodes in his head while he's playing the game.      I can't remember the last time there were so many solid players in the final 8.   Penner, Malcolm, Denise, even Pete are all really strong players.   Carter seems to be doing a great job of flying under the radar.    Even Lisa and Mike have their moments.  Abi is the only person left out there who seems completely clueless.  

post #347 of 586
Wow, great episode. I just want to comment on the outstanding game-play from Penner, and "Blair".

Penners' play was obvious, but great nonetheless.

Blair, though was great, too, in that she got rid of the power alliance while not only keeping the perfect goats, but if they do go soon, she still was "loyal". I'm starting to wonder if she is just lucky or really is just that good.

I also was very impressed with Artis' parting comments. They were close to the best ever.
post #348 of 586
Penner sure knows how to play this game. He talks really well too when trying to convince other contestants, he is dangerous, but a great player.
post #349 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Penner sure knows how to play this game. He talks really well too when trying to convince other contestants, he is dangerous, but a great player.

Occupation: Writer, Producer, Actor wink.gif
post #350 of 586
I'm guessing that " Blair " was 'in the loop' w/ Skupin regarding the vote ...

It really seems that neither of those 2 were going to go to tribal not knowing what the other would do, unless Scoopin flipped his vote last minute .. ..
Perhaps it's a strategy for Lisa to falsely "remain" with the group..

If Penner, Lisa, Skoopin & the Athletic woman make a final 4 ... all they need is 1 additional vote next, then after that their 4 votes sail them into the final 4, where they then convince/ Paranoidly Branwash Blair that the Athletic woman needs to go, leaving Skupin, Penner & Lisa as the Final 3...
If Penner makes it to the end, I have high hopes he will make a great convincing " why you should vote for me" speech ..
Edited by MeatChicken - 11/15/12 at 10:33am
post #351 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Penner sure knows how to play this game. He talks really well too when trying to convince other contestants, he is dangerous, but a great player.

Penner is a good player no doubt but he has been rather clueless going into many votes (not a sign of a true power player). In fact, he had to be hit over the head before he realized that his vote for Abi at the tribal before was the deciding vote. He could've voted for a tie (and maybe got out a yellow person) but he was out of the loop which is surprising.
post #352 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

I'm guessing that " Blair " was 'in the loop' w/ Skupin regarding the vote ...
It really seems that neither of those 2 were going to go to tribal not knowing what the other would do, unless Scoopin flipped his vote last minute .. ..
Perhaps it's a strategy for Lisa to falsely "remain" with the group..

If Penner, Lisa, Skoopin & the Athletic woman make a final 4 ... all they need is 1 additional vote next, then after that their 4 votes sail them into the final 4, where they then convince/ Paranoidly Branwash Blair that the Athletic woman needs to go, leaving Skupin, Penner & Lisa as the Final 3...
If Penner makes it to the end, I have high hopes he will make a great convincing " why you should vote for me" speech ..
I agree with "Blair" (Lisa) and Skupin being in the loop re: the vote because I don't think either one would have hung the other out to dry given their alliance. Only one of their votes was needed, so now there is a question among the other about who actually cast the vote. I'm sure Abi will think it's Lisa.
post #353 of 586
I'm guessing that Scoop-in will quickly let Abi know he was the vote, I doubt they will allow her to think it was Blair ...
I'm not sure even what the point would be letting Lisa knowingly "take the fall", she simply then could have just cast the vote herself, & let Skuupeen vote opposite, same result ..

*** Logically, at this point, some of these characters should realize that they need Abi next to them in the finals ...
A decent case could be made for Penner, Skullnick, Lisa, Athletic Woman, ect to deserve the win, if they end up at the finals .... But I don't (yet) see Abi getting many votes if shes up against most of these remaing players.. & the good players should be realizing this now..
The hard part is that she is such a whack-o, it would be hard to actually make any allience with her ... Perhaps if they cut Pete loose, she may be ready to work w/people..
post #354 of 586
Crabbi for the Final Three! I would love to watch that woman try to convince everyone to give her a million bucks! I bet anyone next to her would too.
post #355 of 586
Wow, it's been at least two weeks now and Skupin hasn't hurt (drew blood) himself. eek.gif

He does still have blisters from that horrific sunburn tho. frown.gif
post #356 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I don't understand the Artis vote out .. I would have been gunning for Abi or the dude she hangs with ..

As someone from another forum stated: "There's zero reason for them to vote Abi out at this point. She's not a physical threat and she won't have many friends on the jury. She'd be perfect to take to the end."
It had as much if not more to do with shocking the other alliance as it did with Abi having the idol. Voting for Artis was a blindside that sent Abi(mainly Abi) and Pete a message....your done and its just a matter of time. Artis was a bigger threat moving forward...Abi would be wash as she probably won't win a million based on attitude and complete failure to actually understand the game and what is actually going on..for example..accusing RC when it was Pete.
Edited by Hughmc - 11/15/12 at 10:08pm
post #357 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

Penner is a good player no doubt but he has been rather clueless going into many votes (not a sign of a true power player). In fact, he had to be hit over the head before he realized that his vote for Abi at the tribal before was the deciding vote. He could've voted for a tie (and maybe got out a yellow person) but he was out of the loop which is surprising.

Actually, isn't that a sign of a great player? He was the target from the start, yet he was able to get the focus off of him so much so that he didn't get any votes. He even commented, his vote didn't matter because it would of been a tie and it would of gone down differently but being able to deflect how everyone as gunning for him is truly the best talent to have throughout the game.
post #358 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Actually, isn't that a sign of a great player? He was the target from the start, yet he was able to get the focus off of him so much so that he didn't get any votes. He even commented, his vote didn't matter because it would of been a tie and it would of gone down differently but being able to deflect how everyone as gunning for him is truly the best talent to have throughout the game.
Assuming you are referring to the 11/8/12 episode, it's pretty easy to keep yourself from getting votes when you win individual immunity.
post #359 of 586
If you close your eyes and just listen to him talk does anyone else think Penner sounds amazingly like Alan Alda?
post #360 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

If you close your eyes and just listen to him talk does anyone else think Penner sounds amazingly like Alan Alda?

Thinking back to his long conversation with Lisa on the beach, he does sound surprisingly like Alan Alda.

B.T.W., anybody else heard that Lisa Whelchel is battling West Nile Disease?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Survivor : Phillippines in HD September 19 CBS