or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › The Voice Season 3, September 10, 2012 NBC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Voice Season 3, September 10, 2012 NBC HD - Page 7

post #181 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I get why they did it, but was anyone really surprised that the last steal just happened to come in the last battle? I know they most likely edited it that way and that battle occured earlier, but it took away from caring who won that battle as you knew both would be moving on.

I like the drama of the steals, but I think it could be handled better. As it is now, it's unfair to people that perform great at the end, but the judges have no saves. Should just take the pool of singers that didnt win the battles and then let the 4 judges fight for the 2 that each of them want. I thought Xtina acted interested in the last girl simply because she was all that was left. The Lady Gaga singer was just awful, imo.
post #182 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

I like the drama of the steals, but I think it could be handled better. As it is now, it's unfair to people that perform great at the end, but the judges have no saves. Should just take the pool of singers that didnt win the battles and then let the 4 judges fight for the 2 that each of them want.

I agree.

We obviously don't know the true order of these battles, but it wouldn't surprise me if some really good singers missed out because the saves were used on lesser talent.

While this would obviously stretch out an already long process, it's only fair to then take all the losers of the battles and then have the coaches make their steals after all is said and done.
post #183 of 489
NEXT WEEK - Knockout Rounds:

During the Knockout Rounds on October 29-30 (8-10 p.m. ET both nights), the battle winners and coach steals will have to prove themselves worthy to get to the live Playoffs. They will compete head-to-head in a sudden death vocal matchup. At the start of the Knockouts, each coach had 10 artists left — eight battle winners and two steals (40 total contestants).

Coaches will line their teams up on the stage and call out two artists to go head-to-head immediately. This time, the competitors will pick their own song, one which they feel symbolizes who they are as an artist. The coach then decides who earns the live show spot and the other artist is eliminated (ends with 20 remaining contestants).

FOLLOWING WEEK - Live Playoffs:

During the pivotal week of “Playoffs,” each coach will have five artists on their respective teams, who will perform over the live shows during a three-night event on Monday, November 5 (8-10 p.m. ET) and Wednesday, November 7 (8-10 p.m. ET) — culminating with a Results show on Thursday, November 8 (8-9 p.m. ET) that will reveal “The Voice’s” Top 12 artists.

Audience votes will determine the top two singers from each team that will be automatically safe. In addition, the coaches get to choose one artist of their own from their teams to continue into the next week, with the remaining 2 from each team being eliminated. This will result in the Top 12 singers moving on to the LIVE FINALS

LIVE FINALS:

In the Live Finals phase of the competition, the remaining artists will compete each week against each other during a live broadcast. The television audience will vote to save their favorite artists and the two artists with the lowest number of votes will be sent home each week, no matter what team they are on. Judges no longer vote during this phase.
post #184 of 489
These rules and procedures sound about as complicated and confusing (to viewers) as this season's "America's Next Top Model" makeover, with astonishingly complex "social media scores" and fast-cut talking and edits making it difficult for viewers (at least me!) to follow what's happening.

What happened to "keep it simple"?
post #185 of 489
As much as I enjoy this show, I must admit I really hate how much the network is milking it. Four hours and then Five hours per week of this show is just way too much for me. It is getting to the point where I may not watch the next season. Why don't the network brass ever learn? They destroyed past reality show hits by airing too many hours of them - ABC with Millionaire, NBC with Deal or No Deal. Will The Voice be next?
post #186 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

As much as I enjoy this show, I must admit I really hate how much the network is milking it. Four hours and then Five hours per week of this show is just way too much for me. It is getting to the point where I may not watch the next season. Why don't the network brass ever learn? They destroyed past reality show hits by airing too many hours of them - ABC with Millionaire, NBC with Deal or No Deal. Will The Voice be next?

Most of this season has been 2 hours on Monday, and 1 hour on Tuesday. American Idol runs far more hours of broadcasts than The Voice. I don't mind an extra hour if they are going to pack the shows with performances. However, I will probably just skip the single Thursday results show, and read a summary on the internet instead.
post #187 of 489
I agree it is too time for what they are showing. They need to cut out all the "coming ups" and "before the break" recaps. That right there is probably wasting 10 to 15 minutes every show. Also they need to stop making every decision look like it is the hardest decision ever for the judges. They should also stop announcing the celebrity vocal coaches. I do not need to be reminded that green days billy Joel is a Grammy winner every time they show his mug.

After reading all that you would think I hate this show. I do not, I do like it. They just need to cut the fat and focus on making a show that I believe can do better.
post #188 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_B View Post

I agree it is too time for what they are showing. They need to cut out all the "coming ups" and "before the break" recaps. That right there is probably wasting 10 to 15 minutes every show. Also they need to stop making every decision look like it is the hardest decision ever for the judges. They should also stop announcing the celebrity vocal coaches. I do not need to be reminded that green days billy Joel is a Grammy winner every time they show his mug.
After reading all that you would think I hate this show. I do not, I do like it. They just need to cut the fat and focus on making a show that I believe can do better.

They certainly dragged out the battlerounds. So much so that they weren't able to show every performance, which is odd to me since this is a singing competition. Seems like we're finally close to the live shows though. I can't blame NBC for running it as long as they can since there's been no dropoff all season so far, and they're easily winning every night they're on, as well as kicking the living crap outa X Factor. Pretty impressive. As long as you DVR the show the amount of wasted time isn't a problem.
post #189 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

They certainly dragged out the battlerounds. So much so that they weren't able to show every performance, which is odd to me since this is a singing competition.

They probably saw those as people that really have no chance of winning, thus why waste extra air time on them.
post #190 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

They probably saw those as people that really have no chance of winning, thus why waste extra air time on them.

Yeah, I assume those battles had no drama, but I'd like to see some battles where one person completely destroys the other. Mostly I'm just pissed that I didn't get to see Cassadee Pope sing again. She's not a great singer, but damn she's cute.
post #191 of 489
Thread Starter 
I felt the Battle Rounds got better this season, and they went by fairly quiclkly .. the Coaches are getting better at matching the singers, IMO .. which may be why there are sometimes no clear winners .. even though a few of my favorites did not make it thru and did not get stolen, I can't really quibble over the choices .. we've got some great talent this season ..

Personally, I still believe the main reason I like the show as much as I do, is my feeling that the Coaches really do care, don't manufacture drama and are pretty much what you see is what you get .. as well, the house band is excellent ..
post #192 of 489
Just noticed that they're putting all the Voice performances on iTunes (duhhh they do it every season), but for battle rounds apparently they record each singer doing the song alone. My girl Cassadee has one of the highest reviewed/rated songs from both the auditions and battlerounds despite not having her battleround aired. We all know how much stock Blake puts into iTunes, so she has a pretty good chance of hanging around (I hope).
post #193 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Just noticed that they're putting all the Voice performances on iTunes (duhhh they do it every season), but for battle rounds apparently they record each singer doing the song alone. My girl Cassadee has one of the highest reviewed/rated songs from both the auditions and battlerounds despite not having her battleround aired. We all know how much stock Blake puts into iTunes, so she has a pretty good chance of hanging around (I hope).
I just watched her audition on youtube. She's really good.

I'm still mad about The Cupid Shuffle guy (Cupid) not making it. He was better than half of Cee Lo and Christina's team.
post #194 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum View Post

I just watched her audition on youtube. She's really good.
I'm still mad about The Cupid Shuffle guy (Cupid) not making it. He was better than half of Cee Lo and Christina's team.

She's got a nice voice, but for me it was about the fact that if she raised her arms over her head we would have seen her babymaker.tongue.gif And mmmmmm those legs. I'm a pig. And proud of it.

I have no idea what song that Cupid guy was singing, but you're right that he'd have been far more interesting that most of the people on Ceelo's team.
post #195 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill 
...I'm just pissed that I didn't get to see Cassadee Pope sing again.

My girl Cassadee has one of the highest reviewed/rated songs from both the auditions and battlerounds despite not having her battleround aired. We all know how much stock Blake puts into iTunes, so she has a pretty good chance of hanging around (I hope).

The Battle Rounds and Knockout Rounds were filmed and edited before the broadcast season began. I'm just guessing that the losers in the Knockout Rounds also got a quick edit in the previous Battle Rounds. No use in the producers pimping a contestant that they knew wasn't going to make it to the live shows.
post #196 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

The Battle Rounds and Knockout Rounds were filmed and edited before the broadcast season began. I'm just guessing that the losers in the Knockout Rounds also got a quick edit in the previous Battle Rounds. No use in the producers pimping a contestant that they knew wasn't going to make it to the live shows.

Right, I forgot about that. There's no way Blake would have known that Cassadee was dominating iTunes sales/popularity. If he cuts her, he'll regret it. And so will my eyes.
post #197 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Right, I forgot about that. There's no way Blake would have known that Cassadee was dominating iTunes sales/popularity. If he cuts her, he'll regret it. And so will my eyes.
After some "research" I found out that she used to be in a pretty big band called Hey Monday. I'd never heard of them though.

post #198 of 489
That video makes me like her less. Blehhhhh. Paramore ripoff band.

Looking forward to these knockout rounds tonight. I hope too many of my favorites don't get the boot. I'm not sure exactly how it's going to go down, but you'd think the saves would work well here too.
post #199 of 489
Thread Starter 
I've not really been a fan of Terisa Griffin, but last night, if you're looking for a Whitney she nailed it .. in fact, maybe too close and that's what sent her home ... Trevin Hunte just plain nailed it again ..

CeeLo has a strong team ..
post #200 of 489
Thread Starter 
post #201 of 489
Thread Starter 
IMO, we are seeing some real growth in these singers .. in some, it's almost amazing to see how far they have come since auditions .. the Coaches are doing their job ..
post #202 of 489
I guessed right on who the judges picked on everyone but the very last one when Cee Lo picked the guy who sang Lenny Kravitz over the Evanescence chick. Usually I disagree with the judges a lot more than that.
post #203 of 489
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum View Post

I guessed right on who the judges picked on everyone but the very last one when Cee Lo picked the guy who sang Lenny Kravitz over the Evanescence chick. Usually I disagree with the judges a lot more than that.

I missed a couple last night .. I'll say one thing, though .. they packed a lot of singing into that 2 hours .. it was great ..
post #204 of 489
Thread Starter 
I pick up a few of the full versions and thought I'm post a youtube of the full Nicholas David She's Gone ..

post #205 of 489
Outstanding night of music. This show does the live music better than the other two shows. Such a great band. I didn't have any real issues with any of the choices, and Adam showed that the Steal isn't a bull**** addition to the show by keeping both of his steal singers. The highlight of the night for me was Lauren singing the Amy Whinehouse song. So damn good. The other highlight for me was the look on the woman's face when she was told she was paired against Trevin. That made me laugh.
post #206 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Outstanding night of music. This show does the live music better than the other two shows. Such a great band. I didn't have any real issues with any of the choices, and Adam showed that the Steal isn't a bull**** addition to the show by keeping both of his steal singers. The highlight of the night for me was Lauren singing the Amy Whinehouse song. So damn good. The other highlight for me was the look on the woman's face when she was told she was paired against Trevin. That made me laugh.
Skye, we agree on this one. I didn't want Lauren's song to be over. Great night of music for sure!
post #207 of 489
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Outstanding night of music. This show does the live music better than the other two shows. Such a great band. I didn't have any real issues with any of the choices, and Adam showed that the Steal isn't a bull**** addition to the show by keeping both of his steal singers. The highlight of the night for me was Lauren singing the Amy Whinehouse song. So damn good. The other highlight for me was the look on the woman's face when she was told she was paired against Trevin. That made me laugh.

I'd say better than the other two shows combined .. and the house band is pro all the way ..

Paul Mirkovich.. the guy that plays keyboards and is musical director has a lot to do with that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Mirkovich
post #208 of 489
I liked the show because of the fast pace and amount of songs, but many of the battles seemed pre-determined with the more marketable contestant always winning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

IMO, we are seeing some real growth in these singers .. in some, it's almost amazing to see how far they have come since auditions .. the Coaches are doing their job ..

Wait until next week when the Live Shows begin, the contestants will jump ahead a couple months from the recorded stuff we saw this week.
post #209 of 489
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

I liked the show because of the fast pace and amount of songs, but many of the battles seemed pre-determined with the more marketable contestant always winning.

I don't have a problem with the marketability of a singer being part of the selection process .. and this year, with at least Daniel Rosa and Nicholas David, they have a couple that can't win on just looks ..
post #210 of 489
Great show. Loved the fast pace and how they stuck with one team until all the knockouts were finished. Nicholas still sticks out to me as a special singer. And I still don't get the appeal of Melanie the mouse.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › The Voice Season 3, September 10, 2012 NBC HD