Originally Posted by babak147
I have a question here. If the sound difference all comes down to power and sound signature of a certain Amplifier then does it mean that the whole HiFi/AV/Audio publication industry is just selling snake oil ?
I'm new to this so please dont hesitate to correct me.
Here is some candidates across a wide price range why should I chose one above the other:
In no special order
- Wyred4Sound W4S ST-1000 STEREO 570WPC Class D Amp New for $2000
- Parasound Halo JC 1 400WPC MSRP $9000
- Sanders Magtech Stereo 500WPC $5000
- Classe CA-M600 Mono 600WPC $5500 each
- Bryston - 14B-SST2 600wpc Stereo $9550
- Cary Audio SA-500.1 Mono 500WPC $10000 pair
- McCormack Audio DNA 750 Mono 650wpc $9500 Pair
- Mcintosh mc452 Stereo 450WPC $7500
- Mcintosh mc501 Mono 500WPC $10000
- Perreaux 750 prisma Mono 750wpc $8495 Pair
- SimAudio Moon 400M Mono 400WPC $7000 Pair
- Threshold S/7000e Mono 600WPC $9500 Pair
- Bel Canto REF1000M Mono 500WPC Class D $6000 Pair
- Peachtree Audio Grand Integrated Stereo 400WPC $4295
- ATI AT3002 Stereo 300WPC $1850
- Passlab X350.5 Stereo 350WPC $11500
- Krell 402e Stereo 400WPC Display $10000
- Marantz MA-9S2 Mono 300WPC $12000 ( should be easily bought under 10K)
- Emotiva XPA-1 | 500WPC Mono $2000 Pair
This is the result of my own homework and AVS family.
Please feel free to express your thoughts or other options that I have missed.
PS: Since I dont have a PreAmp either , what will be a good Preamp match with your choice of Amp.