or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › Schwarzenegger's The Last Stand
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schwarzenegger's The Last Stand - Page 3

post #61 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

bunch of old genre stars grunting and pretending to be young in my HT.tongue.gif

Yeah, that does not sound appealing...
post #62 of 127
The Last Stand (2013) never had a chance to see it at a theatre can't wait for Blu-ray
wonder if Arnie will be back in many upcoming movies
post #63 of 127
I'm looking forward in watching this movie, definitely will rent first.
post #64 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

Saw the film. Really hated it. #1. Arnold looks his age. His hands are downright arthritic. #2 and far more important: The script was lame and the action set pieces ranged from boring to insultingly stupid. The money was not on screen. Logic was nowhere to be found. This makes Arnold's lamest action films from the 80's look like A level entertainment.

Agree, Yep & Correct Sir
post #65 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

In a new Predator can Arnie be goddam sexual tyrannosaur?

Now That's an Arnie flick. The quotables, the score. McTiernan & Black made it great.

Everything that followed? "I wouldn't wish that on a Broke Dick Dog"

wink.gif
Edited by thedeskE - 4/25/13 at 8:17am
post #66 of 127
Naw, don't count Arnie out just yet. He's just film rusty, what you expect he's been with politics for the last decade. Sure he's done some cameos but now that he's 100% done with politics I know with more films down the road he'll back maybe not in T2 or True Lies shape but def better what I see in the The Stand. I would say Ten looks to be when he'll get his mojo back.
post #67 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

I would say Ten looks to be when he'll get his mojo back.
Writer is the same one who did A Good Day to Die Hard, The A-Team, X-Men Origins: Wolverine (screenplay), Hitman and Swordfish. I wouldn't put much stock in that.
post #68 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruiser View Post

Writer is the same one who did A Good Day to Die Hard, The A-Team, X-Men Origins: Wolverine (screenplay), Hitman and Swordfish. I wouldn't put much stock in that.
Wow. WOW! That is one hell of an impressive resume, lol!! eek.gif
post #69 of 127
Hey! Swordfish was awesome. cool.gif
post #70 of 127
A Team was the best of those. Really great movie.
post #71 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Hey! Swordfish was awesome. cool.gif
+1
post #72 of 127
Schwarzenegger and Stallone? Are these guys the new Space Cowboys ? Seriously, these are our modern day heroes? The geriatric heroes are going to save us from criminal, alien, or what ever is deemed bad, annihilation?

C'mon, this kind of stuff is the best we've got? Talk about desperate times. tongue.gif
post #73 of 127
Yeah what's wrong with A-team... a lot better than the 1st Expendables. Plus Ten is directed by David Ayer who wrote Training Day so that's all i need to know Jack.
post #74 of 127
maybe this movie was called the last stand for a reason arnie's last movie forever ?
post #75 of 127
Whoa Bessie,.. I take everything I said about this going to the Starz & the bargain bin. This was a solid, and I mean solid action movie with all the right components of a good romping action movie. A good story, couple of white hot babes, a formidable bad guy/team, and one big huge action star. Arnold's old and rusty but just what I said about you can't put a price on sound quality in speakers it's the same with him. And keep in mind this was just his 1st comeback after a long lay off so he can only improve and get his mojo back.

It had me my attention and had me on the edge of my seat right off the bat. Throw in some chuckles and a stacked cast of my fav's like Luis Guzman. Btw I don't know who this Korean Dir is but he sure as hell know a thing or 2 about action, cinematography and the use of the camera. Bet had they had him helm Ghost Protocol it would have been much better IMPO of course.

Arnold and Cruise are 2 of the biggest reliable consistent action guru on this planet right now as we speak, I triple dare anyone to say other wise. He was terrible governor but he can still put together an action film like's it nobody's business. Shoot if he can give me 2 films like this every year I'm happy camper. Franin and Oink I'm pretty sure you guys will have a good time with it too.
post #76 of 127
Watched last night. Movie was just OK for me. Good to see Arnold back. Solid A/V but forgettable at the same time. Good rental, nothing more.
post #77 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Watched last night. Movie was just OK for me. Good to see Arnold back. Solid A/V but forgettable at the same time. Good rental, nothing more.
Can't be a movie fan without having a soft place in your heart for Arnie...wink.gif
post #78 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Whoa Bessie,.. I take everything I said about this going to the Starz & the bargain bin. This was a solid, and I mean solid action movie with all the right components of a good romping action movie. A good story, couple of white hot babes, a formidable bad guy/team, and one big huge action star. Arnold's old and rusty but just what I said about you can't put a price on sound quality in speakers it's the same with him. And keep in mind this was just his 1st comeback after a long lay off so he can only improve and get his mojo back.

It had me my attention and had me on the edge of my seat right off the bat. Throw in some chuckles and a stacked cast of my fav's like Luis Guzman. Btw I don't know who this Korean Dir is but he sure as hell know a thing or 2 about action, cinematography and the use of the camera. Bet had they had him helm Ghost Protocol it would have been much better IMPO of course.

Arnold and Cruise are 2 of the biggest reliable consistent action guru on this planet right now as we speak, I triple dare anyone to say other wise. He was terrible governor but he can still put together an action film like's it nobody's business. Shoot if he can give me 2 films like this every year I'm happy camper. Franin and Oink I'm pretty sure you guys will have a good time with it too.

Thanks for the review Zoey I'm definitely looking forward to it. Good to see Arnie back in action.
post #79 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Can't be a movie fan without having a soft place in your heart for Arnie...wink.gif

No doubt Oink. Hope we see him in a few more. smile.gif
post #80 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Can't be a movie fan without having a soft place in your heart for Arnie...wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

No doubt Oink. Hope we see him in a few more. smile.gif

I thought Arnie was terrific back in the day. Terminator 1 and 2 were classics and I even liked Kindergarten Cop and Twins. Arnie always had a nice comedy talent., these days, though, Arnie is a lot more convincing as a senior citizen ex governor than he is as an action hero.
post #81 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post


Arnie is a lot more convincing as a senior citizen ex governor than he is as an action hero.
True....aging is a cruel thing.
post #82 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Arnie always had a nice comedy talent

I wouldn't go that far but he did develop a likeable image on screen, whether he was the bad guy or not... As good as Terminator 2 is, I would have preferred him as the bad guy by the way (even if that "twist" was actually a clever one) He was born to play the Terminator.
post #83 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

He was born to play the Terminator.
+100000000
post #84 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post


I thought Arnie was terrific back in the day. Terminator 1 and 2 were classics and I even liked Kindergarten Cop and Twins. Arnie always had a nice comedy talent., these days, though, Arnie is a lot more convincing as a senior citizen ex governor than he is as an action hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post


I thought Arnie was terrific back in the day. Terminator 1 and 2 were classics and I even liked Kindergarten Cop and Twins. Arnie always had a nice comedy talent., these days, though, Arnie is a lot more convincing as a senior citizen ex governor than he is as an action hero.


I think a lot of how convincing he is nowadays depends on how he is depicted. It would be VERY hard to buy him cast in a role such as Predator or Commando today due to the realities of ageing, BUT I thought the role he played in The Last Stand was appropriate and convincing to the point that I would love to see him in more movies where he is cast in a believable type role considering his age. I enjoyed seeing him back in action and hope this is not the last of it even if he will never be able to live up to his best roles such as Terminator.
post #85 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post


I think a lot of how convincing he is nowadays depends on how he is depicted. It would be VERY hard to buy him cast in a role such as Predator or Commando today due to the realities of ageing, BUT I thought the role he played in The Last Stand was appropriate and convincing to the point that I would love to see him in more movies where he is cast in a believable type role considering his age. I enjoyed seeing him back in action and hope this is not the last of it even if he will never be able to live up to his best roles such as Terminator.
He really can't do another Terminator.
Although now that I think about it, the Terminator was very stiff and robotic.wink.gif

I could see him return in Predator or Commando as a desk-bound "General" or something....
post #86 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post


I think a lot of how convincing he is nowadays depends on how he is depicted. It would be VERY hard to buy him cast in a role such as Predator or Commando today due to the realities of ageing, BUT I thought the role he played in The Last Stand was appropriate and convincing to the point that I would love to see him in more movies where he is cast in a believable type role considering his age. I enjoyed seeing him back in action and hope this is not the last of it even if he will never be able to live up to his best roles such as Terminator.

He was OK indeed in this film, though not as good as say Sean Connery was in "The Rock" but frankly he really looked tired and old and his accent only got worse, though that might be his only calling card left after all. His cameo in Expendables 2 was far more entertaining then this entire movie was.
post #87 of 127
He looked old and tired because that was his "character". He was a one time bad ass cop who went to a small town to retire so that was part of the role. But his accent did seem to get worse which is crazy strange because you would think all that time he spent smoozing and public speaking what not as the Governor his English would greatly be improved tremendously but I guess not.
post #88 of 127
Yeah I know that was his character, I'm just not crazy about it, and certainly don't want more of those in the future. He already played that type of person in "End Of Days" although it was a completely different movie.
post #89 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

He looked old and tired because that was his "character". He was a one time bad ass cop who went to a small town to retire so that was part of the role. But his accent did seem to get worse which is crazy strange because you would think all that time he spent smoozing and public speaking what not as the Governor his English would greatly be improved tremendously but I guess not.

I took a leap of faith and blind bought it! After what you said zoey, so I hope you realize how much power you actually have! ;-) If it sucks I'll send you my paypal info for the 20 bucks I spent on it wink.gif
post #90 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I took a leap of faith and blind bought it! After what you said zoey, so I hope you realize how much power you actually have! ;-) If it sucks I'll send you my paypal info for the 20 bucks I spent on it wink.gif
Ok, how about if it sucks I'll send you my copy of The Grandmasters I recently got. The PQ is very good approaching BD level.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › Schwarzenegger's The Last Stand