or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › So I returned the 50' ST50 today ,...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So I returned the 50' ST50 today ,...

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
And got the 55' .... I had originally wanted the 55' but backed out as I thought the 50' - too small ...

The 55 ? Stunning....absolutely stunning ...

I watched the LL World Series today and it was 1000x's different than the 50 - why? no idea but it's a totally different experience and I'm sure the 65 is mind blowing as well ...

I think we're at a point in HD where you need a huge TV size to really really reap what the tech and science has to offer.... tremendous.

The Colors, the Blacks, the smoothness of the screen , this is a whole nother level of TV.
post #2 of 15
Glad to hear it's working way better for you. I was thinking 55" but the cutout of cardboard I made looks way too big for my room. How big is the room it's in and your viewing distance?
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
I saw your post - trust me your eyes will adjust - looked right to me that cutout .
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

Glad to hear it's working way better for you. I was thinking 55" but the cutout of cardboard I made looks way too big for my room. How big is the room it's in and your viewing distance?

Thats what I thought originally a 50 but they only had a 55 so after unboxing and set up I am glad they did not have a 50 and I set 7.5ft from the screen.
post #5 of 15
I did the same thing (50" ST50 to 55" ST50). That extra 5" of screen size does make quite a difference.
post #6 of 15
46" to 50" difference is pretty huge in my eyes so 50 to 55 should be even more.
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicaband View Post

46" to 50" difference is pretty huge in my eyes so 50 to 55 should be even more.

I went from a 42 to a 55 its great I find myself watching programs I normally don't care about if the scenery is great. sorry about the error on the 50 all these numbers 55ST50.
Edited by oztech - 8/17/12 at 6:15pm
post #8 of 15
I think you guys are right. It's just that a 55" takes up 1/3 of my wall length so it feels like a monster. But when I was at the store there was a 55" LG LCD next to a 50" U50 and the size was noticeable, I completely agree. It feels like my BFM THT sub. It's enormous and feels out of place in our living room because of its size, but there's no doubt in its ability to perform.smile.gif
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

I think you guys are right. It's just that a 55" takes up 1/3 of my wall length so it feels like a monster. But when I was at the store there was a 55" LG LCD next to a 50" U50 and the size was noticeable, I completely agree. It feels like my BFM THT sub. It's enormous and feels out of place in our living room because of its size, but there's no doubt in its ability to perform.smile.gif

No substitute for cubic inches except more of them.
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech View Post

No substitute for cubic inches except more of them.
Square inches - unless you are into CRT's.wink.gif
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Watched Smackdown w the kids last night - took a few hours off break in , using dnice settings - phenomenal .
post #12 of 15
Where are you finding these 50 and 55 foot plasmas?
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post

Where are you finding these 50 and 55 foot plasmas?

Costco of course, where else?biggrin.gif
post #14 of 15
whooooshhhh.... the sound of it going right over his head--
post #15 of 15
I just don't know where else you could possibly buy a TV that big. Or a store big enough to have a couple on display.biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › So I returned the 50' ST50 today ,...