or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Avengers 1080p on my Panasonic ST50 55 inch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Avengers 1080p on my Panasonic ST50 55 inch

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Hey I couldn't help it but I had to post some pictures of The Avengers streaming to my ps3. These picture were taking with my cell phone camera which isn't the best. This may help people who are on the fence about the ST50. I returned my VT and I must say this is the best $1250 I've spent.

Enjoy!
































































































Chimpanzee shots









The Lorax




Edited by jp0213x - 8/21/12 at 11:04pm
post #2 of 14
Looks fantastic! I also love the PQ on my 55ST50. Is your set professionally calibrated?
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Nope those are D-nice settings with a slight bump in sharpness to 29
post #4 of 14
I have my 60" ST50 pro calibrated, and I have the Avenger's blu ray. It's amazing. Definitely demo material.
post #5 of 14
Did you just post every frame in the movie?
post #6 of 14
Thank you for that. With the obvious flaring in whites and the apparent lack of shadow detail, I believe I'll avoid this set.
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

Thank you for that. With the obvious flaring in whites and the apparent lack of shadow detail, I believe I'll avoid this set.
rolleyes.gif


Do you actually believe a phone camera shot is an accurate rendering? Sounds like your trolling.



Ian
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

Thank you for that. With the obvious flaring in whites and the apparent lack of shadow detail, I believe I'll avoid this set.
You've been here since 2005 and you're seriously judging a TV by a phone pic?
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel View Post

You've been here since 2005 and you're seriously judging a TV by a phone pic?
And the OP has been here since 2007... And expects us to judge a TVs picture from a cell phone camera? wink.gif
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

And the OP has been here since 2007... And expects us to judge a TVs picture from a cell phone camera? wink.gif


I guess they mised the sarcasm bus wink.gif I biggrin.gif at your post personally.......

I think myself its the tecline quaility of the image and overblown colors\crushed blacks that will make me chose another TV wink.gifbiggrin.gif and here I thought Blu-ray was supposed to look better than the bootlegs you can get off the street.....
post #11 of 14
I was 50/50 as far as being sure if he was being serious or not. Sarcasm is hard to detect in text, especially if no smileys are used. smile.gif
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel View Post

I was 50/50 as far as being sure if he was being serious or not. Sarcasm is hard to detect in text, especially if no smileys are used. smile.gif

If it was someone new I would question it, but to me it was quite obvious smile.gif
post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
I had taken random shots with my cell phone camera which isn't the best. I did not make to many adjustment with the camera before taking the pictures, I only zoomed in and out. Regardless the ST was the best 1250 I ever spent. This set handles any content I throw at it, 3 months later I am still amazed with the picture quality.
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0213x View Post

I had taken random shots with my cell phone camera which isn't the best. I did not make to many adjustment with the camera before taking the pictures, I only zoomed in and out. Regardless the ST was the best 1250 I ever spent. This set handles any content I throw at it, 3 months later I am still amazed with the picture quality.


We've read the reviews, and as far as the picture quality is concerned, this set is one of the best, whether you've seen it perform or not.



Ian wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Avengers 1080p on my Panasonic ST50 55 inch