Worked on the stairs down to the lowest level of the theater. It took a lot of cyphering, because I have the wainscoting abutting on the left side, and a column will be abutting on the right side. I think I got it worked out, but we'll have to see if it works as planned. I started drawing it in autocad and ended up just mocking up scraps to see what looked best.
The flat work was pretty good, but there was a little hump in the concrete. I used some flat washers to shim the treads up By moving the washers around I could get them to sit flat. I'll be using the PL premium to glue them down.
I decided to construct the steps as a unit. I'll prime the entire thing and then set it in place tomorrow:
I also fixed an issue I had with my outlets. These were installed when the house was built. Then I added a second layer of drywall, and I will be adding another 1-1/2" of wainscoting. You can see where I started from, with the receptacles flush with the original first layer of drywall (set back 5/8" from the finish face):
Cut a scrap of masonite to 4-1/8" x 4-1/8":
Use the masonite as a template for my cutout tool:
The pieces we'll use to fix the problem: a 1-1/4" extension and a 1" raise mud ring:
Extension installed, the box is flush with the GWB now:
Mud ring installed, the height will work out perfect:
Glad to get that out of the way. It really was only a few minutes work, but it's one of those things I've been putting off for a long time. Tomorrow I want to get the HVLP sprayer out and prime a bunch of stuff. The stairs pictured above, the curved treads for the stage (which I finished shaping today), my ported subwoofer and the F-20 folded horn are all due for painting.
After that's done, I hope to start mocking up the columns. I spent an hour today looking for my lock miter bit to start the mock-ups.. but apparently it's MIA. If I have to buy another one I am gonna be.... upset.