or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Sony HMZ-T2 Personal 3D Viewer HMD Dedicated Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony HMZ-T2 Personal 3D Viewer HMD Dedicated Thread - Page 21

post #601 of 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman220 View Post

No luck. Still cant see hmz in display or get a picture

sorry i hope i could help more but when i did mine quite straight forward. it detect SONY HMD and i clicked and active it .
post #602 of 1138
Hi fellow t2 users . I need a guide on How to conect a splitter whit the t2.
post #603 of 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by babajaga85 View Post

Hi fellow t2 users . I need a guide on How to conect a splitter whit the t2.

a Switcher is different than a Splitter

i have a switcher which i have my PS3 ,PC connect to it and out to T2

but if you want to watch tv on glasses t2 and tv at the same time you need a Splitter ( see the youtube video thats product you need ) get one with 3D support or hdmi 1.4 support

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obR6SzCKveQ
post #604 of 1138
Hi guys,

Been lurking on this and the hmz-t1 threads for a while. I have the hmz-t2 coming in a week or so. Getting it because I live in an apartment and I don't have room for a big TV and I want the unit for the superior picture quality with the OLED's for gaming and 3D for movies only.

But does anyone know how this is for medium to fast paced games in 2D? I'm using it hooked up to my PC and I've heard differing stories regarding the input lag. Some people are saying it's as bad as 30-50ms which is pretty unacceptable for most games. I'm also wondering if these guys are using native 720p or are using down scaling from 1080 also if they are only talking about 2d. I imagine both down scaling and running in 3d would introduce input lag. Also I'm coming from a 120 hz monitor with very little input lag so I notice it easily.

Also, what does the clear mode exactly do...apparently it lessens motion blur? Does the HMZ-t1 and t2 have alot of motion blur in games as well? Hopefully not. The combination of input lag and blur would kill this unit for gaming. I will update with my gaming impressions when I get the unit. Cheers.
post #605 of 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdevo View Post

Hi guys,
Been lurking on this and the hmz-t1 threads for a while. I have the hmz-t2 coming in a week or so. Getting it because I live in an apartment and I don't have room for a big TV and I want the unit for the superior picture quality with the OLED's for gaming and 3D for movies only.
But does anyone know how this is for medium to fast paced games in 2D? I'm using it hooked up to my PC and I've heard differing stories regarding the input lag. Some people are saying it's as bad as 30-50ms which is pretty unacceptable for most games. I'm also wondering if these guys are using native 720p or are using down scaling from 1080 also if they are only talking about 2d. I imagine both down scaling and running in 3d would introduce input lag. Also I'm coming from a 120 hz monitor with very little input lag so I notice it easily.
Also, what does the clear mode exactly do...apparently it lessens motion blur? Does the HMZ-t1 and t2 have alot of motion blur in games as well? Hopefully not. The combination of input lag and blur would kill this unit for gaming. I will update with my gaming impressions when I get the unit. Cheers.

I am using 120hz Acer monitor HN274H myself so i can give you my opinion

1. you will notice input lag in 2d game if you have been using 120hz for a while. you can tell it right away. ( in T2,when play game i always have Game mode on which it will active Clear mode by default and i believe it will help the game run a little smoother )
2. i am using both 720p and 1080p from PC game (2D ) which the T2 could run max at 60hz therefore i sometimes prefer to use my Acer monitor to play 2D game
3. in Game 3D mode , the game can't run over 24hz on 1080p due hdmi 1.4 spec so only 720p will give you best experience , i prefer to play 3D game on T2 as no dimming light , no crosstalk and beat any 3Dtv or 3dmonitor out there ) even you could get game smoother on 120hz monitor but the benefit of 3D in T2 win over the refresh rate )
post #606 of 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jommy999 View Post

I am using 120hz Acer monitor HN274H myself so i can give you my opinion
1. you will notice input lag in 2d game if you have been using 120hz for a while. you can tell it right away. ( in T2,when play game i always have Game mode on which it will active Clear mode by default and i believe it will help the game run a little smoother )
2. i am using both 720p and 1080p from PC game (2D ) which the T2 could run max at 60hz therefore i sometimes prefer to use my Acer monitor to play 2D game
3. in Game 3D mode , the game can't run over 24hz on 1080p due hdmi 1.4 spec so only 720p will give you best experience , i prefer to play 3D game on T2 as no dimming light , no crosstalk and beat any 3Dtv or 3dmonitor out there ) even you could get game smoother on 120hz monitor but the benefit of 3D in T2 win over the refresh rate )

Thanks for the info. So I guess it may be best if I stick to my 120hz monitor for games like Battlefield 3 and other fast paced FPS games which I play online and perhaps just use the HMZ for games like Skyrim which I can play in 3D @ 60 hz.

Anyone else used this for gaming, has anyone used this for playing Battlefield 3, COD or Skyrim...how's the lag? I guess it would help to use an xbox controller rather than a mouse.
post #607 of 1138
yes then it will come down to ' immersive experience VS refresh rate ' for you , which one is more important . the game is playable both COD and skyrim which i am using them on T2 as well ( some motion blur if you turn around real quick but playable )
post #608 of 1138
Thread Starter 
Guys, I want to confirm that Japanese T2 and the old T1, both have international power supply.
even thou the label says 100V, the actual power supply is Mitsumi SRV 2251.
I live in 220V country and got my Japanese unit, first thing I opened the decoder box to check the power supply and its the same used in T1 (Which I also had, but from USA/110V)
It works fine on 220V outlet and you dont need to use any step down adapter, actually its better NOT to use one.
Step down adapters can interfere with video/audio devices and they get HOT

Here is official spec of the power supply
Quote:
1. Input voltage : 100V, 120V and 100~240V input.
2. Output voltage capacity : 20~60W.
3. Meets single-output as well as multi-output specifi cations.
4. A customized power supply to meet user specifi cations
5. Low power consumption (0.1W~) due to burst mode during standby and due to lower frequency.
6. Low noise due to pseudo-resonance circuit.
7. Safety standard: Complies with the safety standards of each country.
8. Supports lightning surge and transient tests.

[USES]
1. Blu-ray Disc/DVD Recorder, Set-top Box

Edited by ViruzzX - 12/10/12 at 3:33pm
post #609 of 1138
Very true, so the Japanese models I sell to everyone work great in Europe and the USA!
post #610 of 1138
Thank you, ViruzzX. Very helpful info. smile.gif
post #611 of 1138
When can we expect a true 1080p model to be released? I only would be interested in that, so I can watch 1080p 3D Blu-ray movies.
post #612 of 1138
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmartyAss View Post

When can we expect a true 1080p model to be released? I only would be interested in that, so I can watch 1080p 3D Blu-ray movies.

With PlayStation 4, but probably some time after its launch.

Its rumored that some sort of HMD will be sold as PS4 accessory.
post #613 of 1138
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

Very true, so the Japanese models I sell to everyone work great in Europe and the USA!

You have the most experience with T1 and T2, do you mind writing or making a video about how to properly adjust the T2?
I mean the forehead pad, the back straps length and all that?

Also can you add a part with your straps included.

So you'll be doing both public service and helping your clients properly adjust.

I just ordered the LE set for T2 BTW, hope it helps, because it was already much better then the old one but still i had some issues.
post #614 of 1138
his video how to adjust his Cushion Pads which he posted on youtube a year ago for T1 but T2 back straps will be a little different ( then how tight of the straps will be different depend on the person head )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpOhlfuEP1E
post #615 of 1138
Thanks for the info.
post #616 of 1138
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jommy999 View Post

his video how to adjust his Cushion Pads which he posted on youtube a year ago for T1 but T2 back straps will be a little different ( then how tight of the straps will be different depend on the person head )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpOhlfuEP1E

Its not very detailed
post #617 of 1138
Does anyone know exactly what the Clear Mode does? Does it reduce motion blur, what does it do exactly? The Sony description is a bit vague.
post #618 of 1138
I'll try and make a new video showing the T2's straps and then with my cushion pads soon.
post #619 of 1138
Im using the Sony HMZ-T2 and can't get a stereoscopic 3d image in rFactor 2. I have activated the 3D Vision on my nVidia graphics card and the test program shows perfect 3D. It also works perfect in Dirt 3, and in the lower right corner of the screen the nVidia 3D vision rating is stated. When I start rFactor 2 I can see in my HMZ-T2 display "3D signal detected", but there is no nVidia rating like in Dirt 3. And when the game starts its no stereographic 3d. I have tested the "ctrl+t" (enable stereoscopic 3d) but it did'n help.

I have seen "Side-by-side" 3d videos on youtube from rFactor 2 with my HMZ-T2, and it looks really nice.

Is there anyone having the same problem?

The HMZ-T2 has a "side-by-side" mode. Is it possible to run games in "side-by-side" 3D mode?

Same problem with Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2. No stereoscopic 3D.

Also, the Depth setting and hot ket setting in the nVidia control panel is "greyed out" when HMZ-T2 is connected. So no hot keys can be set either. I have also tried the "depth hack", but no difference. There is no stereoscopic 3D.
post #620 of 1138
that is sound like when my hmz-t2 doesn't detect 3DTVPLAY maybe try to install plug-in and see if it work
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-support-update-utility-driver.html

the logo on 'set up stereoscopic 3D ' should show as 3DTVPlay rather than 3DVISION but as you said your Dirt3 does work on it so i am not 100% sure if its because of 3dtvplay plug-in
post #621 of 1138
Just received the HMZ-T2 yesterday. As promised here are my impressions after about 5 hours of use:

IMMERSION: Really feels like you are middle row center in a cinema provided the room is dark or you use the light blockers otherwise the illusion is mostly lost. Playing Dead Space 2 in 3D made me slightly sick which is a good thing! Really immersive.

PICTURE QUALITY: Colors are excellent, blacks are good BUT the contrast is pretty bad and very dissapointing. Blacks are crushed. Don't even try and bring down the brightness on the unit as all it does is crush the blacks completely with very little detail in the shadows in dark areas. Anyone else noticed this? I'm very surprised as I thought OLED had excellent contrast but in this case I guess not. Contrast levels are no way near my crt but better than my lcd of course. By the way I tested the black levels in Dead Space 2 (very good for this) and Skyrim. I would like someone to do a professional review of these screens like TFT central or someone.

Disappointed it's not a 1080p display going from 1080p to 720p is a bit of a bummer.

INPUT LAG/REFRESH RATE: Input lag is there but doesn't worry me too much I could play Farcry 3 in 3D okay with it. Not near as snappy as my Samsung 120hz screen of course. Refresh rate is pretty good being OLED. I will only stick to playing slower single player games with it.

COMFORT: Getting it into focus wasn't an issue with me and your eyes tend to adjust the more you use it. But after an hour your forehead will start to hurt and will leave a red mark. Lying down doesn't help that much as most of the weight still rests on your forehead. I think the only way to get this comfortable is to attach an overhead strap to properly distribute the weight across the entire head and not just the forehead and back of the head or somehow mod the forehead pad to cover a larger area so it's not all pressing down on that one area of your forehead. I'm going to get an overhead strap first and see if this helps. At this stage I can't stand using it for more than an hour at a time.

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS: So overall picture quality good, contrast is very average for dark scenes and comfort pretty bad as well but immersion is excellent. With a mod or two it's worth keeping IMO since I don't have a large 3D TV this is the next best thing.
post #622 of 1138
I've just been thinking I wonder if my Nvidia card is outputting full RGB 0-225 or limited since it's HDMI? I'm guessing the HMZ-T2 supports full rgb? When I turn the brightness down the blacks really do looked crushed in dark scenes.
post #623 of 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdevo View Post

I've just been thinking I wonder if my Nvidia card is outputting full RGB 0-225 or limited since it's HDMI? I'm guessing the HMZ-T2 supports full rgb? When I turn the brightness down the blacks really do looked crushed in dark scenes.

its OLED screen itself that caused that . it happened on samsung phone OLED screen too, at some low light scene, the black crushed and mud ( as some pixels totally switch off but some don't ) but if it totally dark scene then the pixels all shut off so you get totally black screen

ps .happen to sony Vita as well , you can google for indepth details as its many sites and forum talking about it
Edited by jommy999 - 12/12/12 at 6:20pm
post #624 of 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jommy999 View Post

its OLED screen itself that caused that . it happened on samsung phone OLED screen too, at some low light scene, the black crushed and mud ( as some pixels totally switch off but some don't ) but if it totally dark scene then the pixels all shut off so you get totally black screen
ps .happen to sony Vita as well , you can google for indepth details as its many sites and forum talking about it

Wow that's surprising as OLED is supposed to have an awesome contrast level...seriously if OLED is like that we may as well stick to LCD! Very disappointing image quality.
post #625 of 1138
you will get used to it , the white or other colours or black in light scene are pop on OLED its superior than LCD but we are kinda in first gen of OLED which it will improve in the future i believe. ( try blu-ray movie which if high quality source you won't even notice black spots problem )
post #626 of 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jommy999 View Post

its OLED screen itself that caused that . it happened on samsung phone OLED screen too, at some low light scene, the black crushed and mud ( as some pixels totally switch off but some don't ) but if it totally dark scene then the pixels all shut off so you get totally black screen
ps .happen to sony Vita as well , you can google for indepth details as its many sites and forum talking about it

my sony t1 hmz are perfect that dont have such issue on blu ray viewing but playing games on ps3 do have the black crushed to me OLED is far superior than LED or LCD in term of black and white and color pop more on hmz-t1.
post #627 of 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall12 View Post

my sony t1 hmz are perfect that dont have such issue on blu ray viewing but playing games on ps3 do have the black crushed to me OLED is far superior than LED or LCD in term of black and white and color pop more on hmz-t1.

Just in reference to the PS3 make sure your running in Limited RGB mode, I think it's called Standard on the PS3 as you should never run it on Full as this crushes low blacks.
post #628 of 1138
Hello Everyone,

Just recently purchased a sony hmz t2 and was wondering what are the different picture setting which are being used for best picture quality.
post #629 of 1138
The contrast should not look average. Something is wrong with settings/ etc. My hmz t1 has far better contrast than my JVC RS40. It is awesome in dark scenes. Crt may have higher contrast but it shouldn't be night and day difference. Do you have a calibration disc or test patterns to set black level, etc?
post #630 of 1138
Does anyone knows a Japan shop that ships to Europe and carries HMZ-t2 (at Japanese retail price)? smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Sony HMZ-T2 Personal 3D Viewer HMD Dedicated Thread