or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Can you identify this subwoofer?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can you identify this subwoofer?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I found a pair of these in a friends garage, and he gave them to me. He knows nothing about them.

They are 9 inch woofers in a 13 inch diameter cabinet about 3 feet long. The base is black veneer. It looks like the front had a trim ring or something to hold the outer cloth.

There are no logos, model numbers, or brand names anywhere on them. The woofers have the number 45109-9 printed on the cone. The magnet has a sticker with the number 10530, 16 ohm. It also has another number 67-93370043 G4 on it.

They look too professional to be home made.

Any info would be great, as I would like to re-cone them if possible.

Thanks,
Keen



post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenyoung View Post

I found a pair of these in a friends garage, and he gave them to me. He knows nothing about them.
They are 9 inch woofers in a 13 inch diameter cabinet about 3 feet long. The base is black veneer. It looks like the front had a trim ring or something to hold the outer cloth.
There are no logos, model numbers, or brand names anywhere on them. The woofers have the number 45109-9 printed on the cone. The magnet has a sticker with the number 10530, 16 ohm. It also has another number 67-93370043 G4 on it.
They look too professional to be home made.
Any info would be great, as I would like to re-cone them if possible.
Thanks,
Keen


post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
I don't think they are for a car. No amp, and they are 16ohm.

Keen
post #4 of 12
Not 100% but looks like a 90's HSU Research cylinder sub HR or TN perhaps.

I think they were 16ohms cause they were normally pairs and ran as 8ohm off the external amp.
post #5 of 12
Ya, looks like an older HSU TN1220


EDIT: Nevermind, NOT A TN1220!!!
Edited by edoggrc51 - 8/29/12 at 6:15pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post

Ya, looks like an older HSU TN1220
The TN 1220 used a 12" driver and it had the driver on one end and the ports on the other end of the column. So I don't think this sub is a TN 1220.

Crag
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

The TN 1220 used a 12" driver and it had the driver on one end and the ports on the other end of the column. So I don't think this sub is a TN 1220.
Crag

You're absolutely right. Just looked at some of my old pics to confirm. I'll edit my post. Thanks!
post #8 of 12
Early Hsu subwoofer - probably the HR-10.
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Thank you. That put me on the right track. I finally found a good photo of them on the net. They are Hsu HRSW10's.

Now to the point, does anyone offer a re-cone kit for them?

Thanks,
Keen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zora View Post

Early Hsu subwoofer - probably the HR-10.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenyoung View Post

Thank you. That put me on the right track. I finally found a good photo of them on the net. They are Hsu HRSW10's.
Now to the point, does anyone offer a re-cone kit for them?
Thanks,
Keen

I have a couple of those drivers and I believe that Hsu was using Eminence for drivers at that point. Any good repair shop (Orange County Speakers or others) should be able to fix them relatively cheaply.

Jim
post #11 of 12
Those looks like Shiva's to me except that they were 12" not 10" wow those brings back memories.
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post

Those looks like Shiva's to me except that they were 12" not 10" wow those brings back memories.

The Shiva's were made be Eminence as well, so the "family" resemblance is understandable. Any competent reconing service could easily fix them for you.

Jim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Can you identify this subwoofer?