or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › NEW EPSON HOME CINEMA 3020, 5020 and 6020 AVAILABLE IN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW EPSON HOME CINEMA 3020, 5020 and 6020 AVAILABLE IN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER 2012 - Page 8

post #211 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfd11 View Post

I ordered on the 13th. They never gave me a tracking number, I was just told by customer service to expect it today.
Just got it up and running and so far I am impressed!
(But this is my first projector and have nothing to compare it to.)
I am not a gamer so have no idea or means to measure lag times. Sorry.

Sounds good. Just wondering, did they ship it overnight to you or ground? It should say on the label. Im just trying to figure out if i should be expecting it soon, or at the end of the week lol.
post #212 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat82284 View Post

Sounds good. Just wondering, did they ship it overnight to you or ground? It should say on the label. Im just trying to figure out if i should be expecting it soon, or at the end of the week lol.
FedEx Ground - Ship date says Oct 22 from Indiana. I'm in Michigan.

I was told it was being 2 night air from California on Friday.

So maybe they did overnight to their distribution center and then sent to me by ground from there.
post #213 of 782
I ordered a 5020UBE on the 15th, which is currently not in stock but PP tells me it will be shipped by the end of this month or possibly even sooner than that. And mine is the first 5020UBE order!!
post #214 of 782
I stand corrected and beg my forgiveness. redface.gif
post #215 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfd11 View Post

FedEx Ground - Ship date says Oct 22 from Indiana. I'm in Michigan.
I was told it was being 2 night air from California on Friday.
So maybe they did overnight to their distribution center and then sent to me by ground from there.

Thanks for the information. I'm in California so its a double wammy, epson shipping to them, then they ship it back to CA. Ehhh.

Whats worse is that i would have ordered directly from epson, but they still failed to even start selling it! How does the company who makes them fail to be first to sell them... I dont get it.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=V11H527020

I just got my tracking number, and its just as i expected it wont be here till Friday!! i guess i should have ordered from visual apex since there closer. I did PP only because they took preorders earlier and i wanted my unit asap.
Edited by mat82284 - 10/23/12 at 4:16pm
post #216 of 782
Got mine yesterday from projector people. I didn't check where it shipped from, but I'm in Indiana. I was too excited to set it up and forgot to look...

I came from an Optoma hd70, so this is a huge upgrade. I did notice the lag right away when scrolling the mouse around on the attached HTPC. There is a fast processing mode just like on the 3020 that did seem to improve this a bit. I don't know how to take measurements, so this is just my initial subjective impression. I never noticed it on my old projector, though.
post #217 of 782
That's a real shame about the FI, I thought they'd have it this year. Good that the DI is changeable though and that there's a 'fast' mode.
post #218 of 782
Can you guys check out 3D and see how much ghosting/crosstalk or flickering it has thanks.
post #219 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post

Can you guys check out 3D and see how much ghosting/crosstalk or flickering it has thanks.

And the Anamorphic and 3D if possible? You don't actually need a lens to do that, just see if allows you to change the configuration or not.
post #220 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazza B View Post

That's a real shame about the FI, I thought they'd have it this year. Good that the DI is changeable though and that there's a 'fast' mode.

Does anybody know what the trade-off for "fast mode" would generally be? I'm kinda assuming it's not available during 3D or maybe you lose the FI.

I assume if there wasn't one it would just be the standard mode...
post #221 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhtomitb View Post

And the Anamorphic and 3D if possible? You don't actually need a lens to do that, just see if allows you to change the configuration or not.

I realized last night I didn't have a 3D disc like I thought I did. I will pick one up today and try to answer your questions this evening.
post #222 of 782
Thanks ttd11.
post #223 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagameballa View Post

I wish I could go the sony route...my problem is I have 12 and a half feet throw distance...and a 123 inch screen...so its gotta be an lcd with the great zoom...like the ae8000 or the 5020...problem is I can get the 5020 for $800 less than the ae8000 although I'd rather go the ae8000 way! and sharks are my biggest fear...jsil...that avatar is scary as s%^&.. is that real? Could you imagine being in the water with that staring at you?


I seem to be in the minor opinion of the 80ms or whatever it is, really isn't that bad. Maybe I am not a super gaming god like the rest of the people posting, but in playing most of the COD games and Halo online I do extremely well and I currently have an Epson 6010 (no official numbers but 80ish is what the 5010 was). I went from an Epson 8700, JVC RS40, to the Epson 6010. After all the bitching about input lag I decided to look up the RS40 and its 100ms. I can honestly say my gaming experience hasn't degraded from the 8700 to the 6010. I can still join games and finish near the top each time. I hit the button and something happens on the screen as soon as I push it.

I was just like all you that are fearing the Epson projectors, I was like no way will I upgrade to the Epson 6010 due to the lag. I kept thinking I am going to get this projector and when I play a game and hit the button to shoot its going to take forever, I honestly can't see of feel the delay. In other words I never get online and think, damn if I would have had 40ms more time to shoot that guy I would have had him. Then again, maybe I am not super competitive like some.

Grab a projector that has a good return warranty and give it a shot, you might be surprised. Some might be surprised at what some of their previous devices were at for input lag. I am just assuming here but some/many might have had some of the processing turned on that increased input lag on other projectors, some could have a lumagen in line which I have seen can add 17-20ms input lag.
post #224 of 782
I'm not quite sure why you quoted what I said..that had nothing to do with lag times...but I also had a 5010 that I gamed on just fine! The 3010 I had..I could notice the lag..but...I also tried out the ae7000...and it was noticeably much faster and more crisp feeling than the 5010.
post #225 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post

Can you guys check out 3D and see how much ghosting/crosstalk or flickering it has thanks.

I just watched the opening scenes of Hugo and Tangled in 3D and felt it was great! I did not notice any ghosting/crosstalk/flickering and felt it was especially clear to me even with some uncontrolled ambient light. Now I have not witnessed ghosting on a home theater setup before so I can't be sure I know what to look for. smile.gif
post #226 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhtomitb View Post

And the Anamorphic and 3D if possible? You don't actually need a lens to do that, just see if allows you to change the configuration or not.

Being new to this I can't seem to find how to make this happen and the user manual online didn't seem to be clear either. If you can give me a hint as to how to check this I would be happy to try it out.
post #227 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post

Can you guys check out 3D and see how much ghosting/crosstalk or flickering it has thanks.

our 5020 will be here on Monday, we'll run it through all the 3D tests and add the info to the shootout thread.
post #228 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagameballa View Post

I'm not quite sure why you quoted what I said..that had nothing to do with lag times...but I also had a 5010 that I gamed on just fine! The 3010 I had..I could notice the lag..but...I also tried out the ae7000...and it was noticeably much faster and more crisp feeling than the 5010.

Wow, I just realized that, you are right, no idea why I quoted that message.....

We just had our first decent snow our here in the middle of nowhere so maybe something is in the air.....
post #229 of 782
Thanks zombie10k looking forward to your report.
Edited by jsil - 10/26/12 at 12:03am
post #230 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

our 5020 will be here on Monday, we'll run it through all the 3D tests and add the info to the shootout thread.
Hurry up and get here monday!!
post #231 of 782
For anyone wanting to see these in person before purchasing check out your local Best Buy Magnolia. I was able to view one today at my local store. Apparently they just set it up before I stopped in as the lamp hours read 0H. biggrin.gif
post #232 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfd11 View Post

Being new to this I can't seem to find how to make this happen and the user manual online didn't seem to be clear either. If you can give me a hint as to how to check this I would be happy to try it out.

I'll check it out in the morning. I have a 6010 as my disposal, to see which menu screens are necessary to do that. I just don't remember off the top of my head. Thanks for the offer.
post #233 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 View Post

For anyone wanting to see these in person before purchasing check out your local Best Buy Magnolia. I was able to view one today at my local store. Apparently they just set it up before I stopped in as the lamp hours read 0H. biggrin.gif

What is the SKU so I can order mine?

Thanks in advance
post #234 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfd11 View Post

Being new to this I can't seem to find how to make this happen and the user manual online didn't seem to be clear either. If you can give me a hint as to how to check this I would be happy to try it out.

I checked out 6010 today and the Anamorphic mode is in the Aspect menu screen. So, if you are running a 3D movie and you go into that menu screen, I need to know if Anamorphic is grayed out or not. If the remote control is the same as the 6010, then you should have an "Aspect" button that will quickly pop up the menu. The "Anamorphic" selection should be right above the "Horizontal Squeeze" if the menu structure is the same.

Thanks in advance for checking this out.

Tim B
Omaha, NE
post #235 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by playboy5k View Post

What is the SKU so I can order mine?
Thanks in advance

I never asked. Sorry!

On another note the 3D picture modes available were 3D Dynamic, 3D Cinema, and 3D THX and FI was disabled on all modes unfortunately. Motion still looked good but it could have looked better with FI engaged IMO.
post #236 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 View Post

I never asked. Sorry!
On another note the 3D picture modes available were 3D Dynamic, 3D Cinema, and 3D THX and FI was disabled on all modes unfortunately. Motion still looked good but it could have looked better with FI engaged IMO.

No worries, Which best buy was it so I can call them?

Thanks again
post #237 of 782
Doing a 5020 demo at local Bb in 45 mins. Will check for anamorphic in 3d. Anything else folks want me to check?!
post #238 of 782
Check for ghosting, crosstalk and flickering thanks.
post #239 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post

Doing a 5020 demo at local Bb in 45 mins. Will check for anamorphic in 3d. Anything else folks want me to check?!

The SKU.
post #240 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 View Post

I never asked. Sorry!
On another note the 3D picture modes available were 3D Dynamic, 3D Cinema, and 3D THX and FI was disabled on all modes unfortunately. Motion still looked good but it could have looked better with FI engaged IMO.

That's disappointing! The Epson has an active DI in 3D this year and the Sony doesn't. The Sony as an active FI in 3D and the Epson doesn't. What gives?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › NEW EPSON HOME CINEMA 3020, 5020 and 6020 AVAILABLE IN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER 2012