or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Elementary - New Sherlock Holmes on CBS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Elementary - New Sherlock Holmes on CBS - Page 7

post #181 of 423
^^^ Yes, it was.
post #182 of 423
^^^ Also part of the original stories, although not as prominent in them as in TV/movies in recent decades, he was created as an archvillain along the lines of the Godfather type.

Just seems obvious that a TV show would go that route.
post #183 of 423
Thread Starter 
Another good episode! I am really liking this more and more each week.smile.gif
post #184 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

Another good episode! I am really liking this more and more each week.smile.gif
I enjoyed it very much as well. The show is now firmly entrenched in my Top Five List. I hope "Watson" doesn't leave. How can you have Holmes without his Watson? I've always liked Lucy Liu and it was good to see her on the same show with fellow Ally McBeal alumna Lisa Edelstein last night. However, Lisa was certainly no "Dr. Cuddy" (House) in this episode last night.
post #185 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

I enjoyed it very much as well. The show is now firmly entrenched in my Top Five List. I hope "Watson" doesn't leave. How can you have Holmes without his Watson? I've always liked Lucy Liu and it was good to see her on the same show with fellow Ally McBeal alumna Lisa Edelstein last night. However, Lisa was certainly no "Dr. Cuddy" (House) in this episode last night.

She sorta reprised her role in the first season of West Wing as a call girl.
post #186 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnacleBill View Post

She sorta reprised her role in the first season of West Wing as a call girl.
Right! I had forgotten about that.
post #187 of 423
I liked this week's Elementary episode a lot, too. Jonny Lee Miller continues to impress as Holmes and Lucy Liu is always wonderful as Watson. It's a good thing Lisa Edelstein was listed on the IMDb page for this week's show or I would have been driven crazy trying to remember who she was. A quick look at her credits page, though, immediately reminded that she had the long running role of Dr. Lisa Cuddy on House. Anyway, it was fun to see her again.
post #188 of 423
I enjoyed it very much as well. The show is now firmly entrenched in my Top Five List. I hope "Watson" doesn't leave. How can you have Holmes without his Watson? I've always liked Lucy Liu and it was good to see her on the same show with fellow Ally McBeal alumna Lisa Edelstein last night. However, Lisa was certainly no "Dr. Cuddy" (House) in this episode last night.

If you remember, in the series "House", she occasionally showed her "assets" to some extent. House always fantasized about her.
post #189 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post

I enjoyed it very much as well. The show is now firmly entrenched in my Top Five List. I hope "Watson" doesn't leave. How can you have Holmes without his Watson? I've always liked Lucy Liu and it was good to see her on the same show with fellow Ally McBeal alumna Lisa Edelstein last night. However, Lisa was certainly no "Dr. Cuddy" (House) in this episode last night.
If you remember, in the series "House", she occasionally showed her "assets" to some extent. House always fantasized about her.

For a woman who is now in her late 40s, Lisa Edelstein still has a major league body and is a very sexy lady.
post #190 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

For a woman who is now in her late 40s, Lisa Edelstein still has a major league body and is a very sexy lady.
Late 40s? She's 45, so I'd say mid-40s, but I do agree she's still a fine looking lady and has always been one of my favorites.
post #191 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Late 40s? She's 45, so I'd say mid-40s, but I do agree she's still a fine looking lady and has always been one of my favorites.

According to IMDb, Edelstein was born May 21, 1966, which makes her 46. Thus Edelstein is closer to 50 than to 40 so it seems to me that my use of the term "late 40s" was accurate. After reading your post, I discovered that Wikipedia, although a questionable source, states that Edelstein was born in 1967. Wiki also states, though, that she graduated from high school in 1984, which would seem to favor the idea that she was born in 1966 and graduated from high school when she was 18, as most do. In any event, we agree that Edelstein is still a beautiful lady.
post #192 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

According to IMDb, Edelstein was born May 21, 1966, which makes her 46. Thus Edelstein is closer to 50 than to 40 so it seems to me that my use of the term "late 40s" was accurate. After reading your post, I discovered that Wikipedia, although a questionable source, states that Edelstein was born in 1967. Wiki also states, though, that she graduated from high school in 1984, which would seem to favor the idea that she was born in 1966 and graduated from high school when she was 18, as most do. In any event, we agree that Edelstein is still a beautiful lady.
Yes, we agree on that for sure. I did get my info on her from Wikipedia.

And, for what it's worth, I was 16 when I graduated from high school and was also 16 when I started at Purdue that fall. smile.gif
post #193 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

According to IMDb, Edelstein was born May 21, 1966, which makes her 46. Thus Edelstein is closer to 50 than to 40 so it seems to me that my use of the term "late 40s" was accurate.

40-43 - early 40s
44-46 - mid 40s
47-49 - late 40s

So, she is indeed in her mid 40s, not late 40s.
post #194 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

40-43 - early 40s
44-46 - mid 40s
47-49 - late 40s
So, she is indeed in her mid 40s, not late 40s.
87% of internet users think you made that data up....



wink.gif
post #195 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

40-43 - early 40s
44-46 - mid 40s
47-49 - late 40s
So, she is indeed in her mid 40s, not late 40s.

46 years old = closer to 50 than 40. Thus, "late 40s." The bottom line is that the term "late 40s" contains ambiguity, so how it's interpreted is up to the person who uses it, who it seems to me should not be criticized unless it's blatantly wrong, which using it with respect to a 46 year old certainly is not. Why this tempest in a teapot, which started when I complemented Edelstein on still being a beautiful woman, persists eludes me. Because this is AVS, though, I suppose I should not be surprised.smile.gif
post #196 of 423
Zzzzzzzz... smile.gif
post #197 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Zzzzzzzz... smile.gif

+1, partner. Abject apologies for continuing to travel this arid path one post too many, at least.smile.gif
post #198 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

46 years old = closer to 50 than 40. Thus, "late 40s."

Using your logic, no one can ever be in the middle. You got something against being middle-aged? biggrin.gif
post #199 of 423
After reading the last 9 posts, I came up with a new term: "Seinfelding." To Seinfeld a thread is to post about nothing. Don't post to tell me that this post qualifies. I already know it.
post #200 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnacleBill View Post

After reading the last 9 posts, I came up with a new term: "Seinfelding." To Seinfeld a thread is to post about nothing. Don't post to tell me that this post qualifies. I already know it.

Indeed! See posts ## 197 and 198.smile.gif
post #201 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post

I enjoyed it very much as well. The show is now firmly entrenched in my Top Five List. I hope "Watson" doesn't leave. How can you have Holmes without his Watson?
They must have something planned for that. No doubt it will be lame, just have to ignore it until it goes away. And if the show dies, they've got a nice runout planned.
post #202 of 423
I guess the interest in this show didn't survive the hiatus, since we got a new episode last night but no posts.
post #203 of 423

Had the highest ratings since the premier so that's good.  I'd say interest is still there for the show.  Maybe just not on this forum.  :)

 

Another decent episode. 

post #204 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

I guess the interest in this show didn't survive the hiatus, since we got a new episode last night but no posts.
I watched it and thought it was good. Seriously, do we have to post everytime we like something?
post #205 of 423
I also watched and liked it. Some programming threads on AVS seem to get lots of traffic, others not as much, I wouldn't read too much into it. As long as we have a official thread people can post here if something prompts them smile.gif
What I like about this show is how the main character and sidekick interact. Sherlock reminds me of another gruff character in a FOX program a few years back, the star of Lie To Me. Unfortunately it was cancelled a while ago.
I also have a hold on the BBC Sherlock series(which I believe this program is loosely based) I've been told it's even better than this CBS adaptation, we'll see.
post #206 of 423
Lie to Me was also on my "must see" list. I was upset when it was canceled. Tim Roth (the gruff British guy you mentioned) and Kelli Williams (formerly of The Practice) made a great team. I also liked the inclusion of Jennifer Beals as Roth's ex-wife. Seems like everytime Ms. Beals shows up in a series, it doesn't have much longer on the air. Take Mob Doctor for example...
post #207 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

.
I also have a hold on the BBC Sherlock series(which I believe this program is loosely based) I've been told it's even better than this CBS adaptation, we'll see.

They are both very good and very different at the same time.

I like the BBC one a little better.
post #208 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

I also have a hold on the BBC Sherlock series(which I believe this program is loosely based) I've been told it's even better than this CBS adaptation, we'll see.

Haven't had a chance to watch the US version - but the first two series (only 3 eps per series...) were very watchable. Some were amazing, some were just very good.
post #209 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneals2000 View Post

Haven't had a chance to watch the US version - but the first two series (only 3 eps per series...) were very watchable. Some were amazing, some were just very good.

This show started out good - now it is great! I love the direction it's going with introducing new characters which may or may not be old nemesis (?) further deepening the back story.biggrin.gif
post #210 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneals2000 View Post

Haven't had a chance to watch the US version - but the first two series (only 3 eps per series...) were very watchable. Some were amazing, some were just very good.

This show started out good - now it is great! I love the direction it's going with introducing new characters which may or may not be old nemesis (?) further deepening the back story.biggrin.gif

I don't usually watch the preview of the next show but think I got a glimpse of Vinny Jones as the nemesis from the past?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Elementary - New Sherlock Holmes on CBS