or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "American Horror Story: Asylum" on FX HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"American Horror Story: Asylum" on FX HD - Page 6

post #151 of 227
Anyone else jump for joy when the "Singing Nuns" record was smashed? biggrin.gif
post #152 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

Anyone else jump for joy when the "Singing Nuns" record was smashed? biggrin.gif

+1
post #153 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

Anyone else jump for joy when the "Singing Nuns" record was smashed? biggrin.gif
post #154 of 227
Tonight! Can't wait biggrin.gif

Gotta get through work and exercising first. Ha
post #155 of 227
The ending was something else eek.gif
Not sure if that was real or not.

An OK episode. Seemed like it was filler material. Poor Sister Jude, she has lost her mind it seems.
post #156 of 227
Boy losing her and the Doctor in one episode was a surprise! Only three more to go.
post #157 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaCoker View Post

Boy losing her and the Doctor in one episode was a surprise! Only three more to go.

Did not see that coming. In fact I've got no idea where they are going, and am enjoying that a lot.
post #158 of 227
I like the way they try to create the experience of insanity. The "music video" section was very surreal and fun. And we'll probably be seeing more of Pepper in the future now that her case has been explained.
post #159 of 227
Does anybody remember what disability Pepper has? I already deleted the episode so I can't re-watch it. I'll see if I can find it on a Google search.

Edit: Microcephaly. It's a disorder and not a disability, I read.

I work for a non-profit agency that helps people with all types of disabilities. Just wondered.
post #160 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaCoker View Post

Boy losing her and the Doctor in one episode was a surprise! Only three more to go.

I ahve a feeling we wills ee one of them again, if it was trully the Devil that possesed her I dont see him going "out" that easily....Maybe he posses the doctor this time??? Of course the cremation is what made me come to this, Im probably wrong, but just one of those things that seemed to be too neatly tied up...
post #161 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

I ahve a feeling we wills ee one of them again, if it was trully the Devil that possesed her I dont see him going "out" that easily....Maybe he posses the doctor this time??? Of course the cremation is what made me come to this, Im probably wrong, but just one of those things that seemed to be too neatly tied up...

This short-run cablenet series is coming to a close (don't know how many episodes are left but it can't be more than a few), so they're going to have to be tying up loose ends at this point. So I'm not surprised they took care of two of them this week. But I agree with you that ol' Satan can't be bowing out that easily. I see a cage match to the end between the two evil forces at work in the asylum -- Devil vs. Aliens, no holds barred! tongue.gif
post #162 of 227
Looks like there are 3 episodes left....
post #163 of 227
Did anyone catch the clue about next season? Supposedly it's in there, but I missed it, so I have to re-watch.
post #164 of 227
Quote -- "Did anyone catch the clue about next season? Supposedly it's in there, but I missed it, so I have to re-watch

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The leading theories seem to be -- Witches (Sister Mary Eunice insists on a "special" jukebox song, "I Put a Spell on You"), or some sort of Carnival Freak Show (Pepper's speech to Arden about Freaks being misunderstood).

Also, Ryan Murphy stated, " We’re contemplating shooting it in a place in the country where true horror has been. We’ve got lots of delicious plans."
post #165 of 227
On a second viewing, both those ideas occurred to me. cool.gif
post #166 of 227
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaCoker View Post

Boy losing her and the Doctor in one episode was a surprise! Only three more to go.

Losing Sister Mary was well done but killing off Arden felt like the writers had backed themselves into a corner and just wanted to get him out of the way because the show was running out of time.

The episode rushed through the end of his experiments and gave him a weak excuse to lose his massive ego by having the aliens tell him he was a crappy doctor. In the end, all his contributions to the story were empty. The Nazi angle didn't go anywhere and unless some of his tests result in an important revelation in the finale (life-prolonging serum to keep Bloody Face alive etc.) all of that was just shock filler.

Plus, he was a more interesting character than Jude yet she's still around, much to my chagrin.
post #167 of 227
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

Did anyone catch the clue about next season? Supposedly it's in there, but I missed it, so I have to re-watch.

After seeing the musical number I thought the clue was that next season would be set in an old haunted theater. Then Ryan could create a meta-horror show-within-a-show and make it like Glee.

But with blood and ghosts.
post #168 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Losing Sister Mary was well done but killing off Arden felt like the writers had backed themselves into a corner and just wanted to get him out of the way because the show was running out of time.
The episode rushed through the end of his experiments and gave him a weak excuse to lose his massive ego by having the aliens tell him he was a crappy doctor. In the end, all his contributions to the story were empty. The Nazi angle didn't go anywhere and unless some of his tests result in an important revelation in the finale (life-prolonging serum to keep Bloody Face alive etc.) all of that was just shock filler.

Plus, he was a more interesting character than Jude yet she's still around, much to my chagrin.

Agreed. Good posting.
post #169 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

After seeing the musical number I thought the clue was that next season would be set in an old haunted theater. Then Ryan could create a meta-horror show-within-a-show and make it like Glee.
But with blood and ghosts.
Theatre Bizzare style only better.

I was happy with they way Sister Mary met her end but wish it had been saved for the finale. She was a great character and it would have been nice to have a bit more of her. I agree with your comments about Arden, what a waste of potential. Now it seems the only real nemesis we are left with is Thredson who I like but again I would have like to have seen Sister Mary through the season end. I am interested to see how they tie this stuff in with the teaser clips from the future earlier in the season.
post #170 of 227
Well, that was interesting. LOL biggrin.gif

An OK episode. Glad Lana actually had good luck this time around. Poor Sister Jude, if she's locked away.

Kit and the two ladies eek.gif
post #171 of 227
Its a novel "twist", isn't it, tying up so many of the plotlines before the end of the season. Its a refreshing change from how serial dramas usually are...the end scene could have been lifted from the first season of Lost. Except Lost would have dragged it on for 6 seasons and then said "never mind". I'm pretty sure AHS won't do that
post #172 of 227
Thread Starter 
I thought I had miscounted the number of remaining episodes and this week was the finale.

It might be novel to tie up so many threads this early, but in doing so they've also tied up every storyline I was interested in and done so in a satisfactory manner. Well, except for Arden and his cremation ride.

I've already mentioned that I thought Jude's story ran out of steam several episodes back and the alien thread has been barely an allusion so far and not enough to make me intrigued as to how that turns out. If the show had ended last night I wouldn't have missed the wrap up of what remains, especially if it's going to fill two episodes.
post #173 of 227
Interesting use of the word "thread."

I agree, sort of felt like a finale, stuff is wrapping up.
post #174 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

It might be novel to tie up so many threads this early, but in doing so they've also tied up every storyline I was interested in .


Well, there's that... smile.gif

I might be optmistic, but my first thought was they wouldn't have finished off so many storylines and eliminated so many who appeared to be the big bads for the season if they didn't have something up their sleeve.Thats what I'm going to believe anyways until they prove me wrong.
post #175 of 227
Agreed....good episode......my heart was actually pounding waiting for Lana to "get in that cab already!!!" Can't wait to see the wrapup between Jude and the Msr.
post #176 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

Agreed....good episode......my heart was actually pounding waiting for Lana to "get in that cab already!!!" Can't wait to see the wrapup between Jude and the Msr.

That scene is exactly what I'm talking about. It almost seemed like something out of an Argento film, and the countless horror films I've seen told me she was never going to get in that car. At its best, thats what this show does.It assumes the viewer is familiar with horror films, sets up a conventional situation so the viewer "knows" whats going to happen, and then veers into the unexpected. The "surprise" in this case being nothing happens and she drives away.
post #177 of 227
I loved the smile and one finger salute! Then came the later!!! smile.gif
post #178 of 227
post #179 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post


It might be novel to tie up so many threads this early, but in doing so they've also tied up every storyline I was interested in and done so in a satisfactory manner. Well, except for Arden and his cremation ride.
.

Two more were "tied up" last night. I did not expect that to happen to Grace. RIP Grace, the 2nd time around. Alma looked beat up when they showed her laying dead. They claimed it was a heart attack (or something natural) but she sure did look bad. Poor Kit. Grace was murdered in front of him, then Alma was sent to Briar Cliff, and then Alma ended up dead.

Sister Jude has gone crazy! eek.gif
That whole storyline was confusing for me. Did 2 years really pass, and did Pepper really die? Weird how the angel of death came back as a state prisoner.

Alana changed her whole attitude regarding saving Sister Jude, and taking down Briar Cliff. She's now in it for the fame, for her book selling, etc.

Any predictions for next week's season finale? I heard they will reveal modern time bloody face, the person who took the arm off the couple exploring. Some people say it's Sister Jude or modern day Bloody Face (Alana's son.)

Good episode last night. Would love to hear peoples thoughts, post away!
post #180 of 227
Boy I did not like or follow last nights episode....in fact pretty much gave up on it three forth of the way through.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "American Horror Story: Asylum" on FX HD