or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "American Horror Story: Asylum" on FX HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"American Horror Story: Asylum" on FX HD - Page 2

post #31 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

I was more intrigued by the aliens however. I knew that element might feature but I thought keeping it as an ambiguous aspect of a serial killer was a plausible way out. Then the X-files spider chip ran off! Okay then.
Interesting times ahead that's for sure.
For what it's worth, it's always possible the doctor is bat sh*t crazy, too. Maybe he didn't really see it at all...
post #32 of 227
Wow, great opening episode. Should be one hell of a roller coaster ride. eek.gif
post #33 of 227
This show is frelled up.
post #34 of 227
I personally hope the whole aliens thing is just in Tate's (I'll go by his previous name as I don't know his new one yet) head and they aren't real.

I'm sorry, but aliens don't work for for me in the context of this show.
post #35 of 227
Bravo! Bravo! On the season opener. Maybe the broadcast networks could learn something from this (or maybe not). wink.gif
post #36 of 227
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I personally hope the whole aliens thing is just in Tate's (I'll go by his previous name as I don't know his new one yet) head and they aren't real.
I'm sorry, but aliens don't work for for me in the context of this show.

There don't seem to be any ghosts this season so they can't all be dead at the end.

Maybe they've been kidnapped and the entire facility is a massive virtual environment; either in their heads or on a spaceship orbiting Pluticar 5. Tate will wake up at the end surrounded by other members of the cast and find he is on an autopsy table splayed open and his brain is attached to a big television screen and we've actually been watching AHS on alien TV.

Or it could be The Truman Show, Person's Unknown or The Cabin in the Woods. Except, you know, for aliens. biggrin.gif
post #37 of 227
^ ha. biggrin.gif

FX does it again. FX seems like a top-tier network.
post #38 of 227
Thread Starter 
Watching last night also reminded me about The Americans, coming to FX in January. The story of KGB sleeper agents in the 60's sounds like it could be good too.
post #39 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp 
I'm sorry, but aliens don't work for for me in the context of this show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn 
Maybe they've been kidnapped and the entire facility is a massive virtual environment; either in their heads or on a spaceship orbiting Pluticar 5.

Reading these 2 comments made me think of The Rocky Horror Picture Show for some reason. smile.gif
post #40 of 227
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

Reading these 2 comments made me think of The Rocky Horror Picture Show for some reason. smile.gif

Still plenty of episodes left for a timewarp. Either a dance number or an actual timewarp. biggrin.gif
post #41 of 227
Well, I don't know much about the plotline after the first ep other than it's going to be a wild ride with lots of opportunity for old pros like Cromwell and Lange to chow down on copious amounts of scenery. Still has the disconcerting editing quirks of last season - a lot of sharp, quick, almost subliminal cuts with skewed camera angles being the most noticeable. They also like to jump slightly ahead at times during a given scene, almost like a few frames got cut out. I guess that's part of the show's signature "look", perhaps intended to keep the viewer off-balance or something. I don't particularly care much for them and tend to find them distracting.

One thing's for sure - if you're looking for "scary", this show has '666 Park Avenue' beat all to, well, you know...
post #42 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

One thing's for sure - if you're looking for "scary", this show has '666 Park Avenue' beat all to, well, you know...
H - E - Double Hockey Sticks? wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I have to agree. While I think Terry O'Quinn is great, 666 feels about as scary as trying to scare your sister when your parents are out by periodically looking around saying, "What was that? Did you hear that? I think it was that escaped serial killer from the insane asylum..."
post #43 of 227
Awesome programming.

A+
post #44 of 227
Totally enjoyed the 1st episode, I think everyone did an excellent job...Im going to have to watch again to pick up on things I missed during the 1st viewing. I found it interesting that "Tate" had a similar story to what he had last year (his love interest dies)........I dont mind the Aliens aspect of the show and Im waiting to see how they make it work....
post #45 of 227
Great start to a new story. Best part was that tool getting his arm ripped off - shame he didn't stick his tongue through that door.
post #46 of 227
Sick, twisted and disturbing, just like season one (which I recently bought). Sexuality and horror intimately linked. Just like in real life biggrin.gif

Looking forward to see just what they have in store in the coming weeks.
post #47 of 227
Confused, any help.

The son of Jessica Lang who was the ghost in the first one. How is he playing someone from the 60's as a mass murderer? He was alive in flashbacks in season 1 as a young kid and it was well after the 60's.

So that thing came out of the kid's neck, but then the next scene the doctor is just cleaning a cell? What happened to that thing? Did I miss something?

Is Jessica Lang playing the same character from the first season?

I don't like the camera work in this show. It was like that in the beginning of season 1 but got much better. Now it is back and the quick flashes to something else unrelated is to distracting and adds nothing to the show for me.

Struggling with this premiere episode but will give it a chance.
post #48 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Confused, any help.
The son of Jessica Lang who was the ghost in the first one. How is he playing someone from the 60's as a mass murderer? He was alive in flashbacks in season 1 as a young kid and it was well after the 60's.
So that thing came out of the kid's neck, but then the next scene the doctor is just cleaning a cell? What happened to that thing? Did I miss something?
Is Jessica Lang playing the same character from the first season?
I don't like the camera work in this show. It was like that in the beginning of season 1 but got much better. Now it is back and the quick flashes to something else unrelated is to distracting and adds nothing to the show for me.
Struggling with this premiere episode but will give it a chance.

A lot of same actors in s2 but totally different characters and story than s1
post #49 of 227
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Confused, any help.
The son of Jessica Lang who was the ghost in the first one. How is he playing someone from the 60's as a mass murderer? He was alive in flashbacks in season 1 as a young kid and it was well after the 60's.

You must have missed the news which was announced at the end of last season's finale. Each season of AHS is a completely different and unconnected story to the previous season. The only thing they have in common are the actors.
post #50 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Confused, any help.
The son of Jessica Lang who was the ghost in the first one. How is he playing someone from the 60's as a mass murderer? He was alive in flashbacks in season 1 as a young kid and it was well after the 60's.
So that thing came out of the kid's neck, but then the next scene the doctor is just cleaning a cell? What happened to that thing? Did I miss something?
Is Jessica Lang playing the same character from the first season?
I don't like the camera work in this show. It was like that in the beginning of season 1 but got much better. Now it is back and the quick flashes to something else unrelated is to distracting and adds nothing to the show for me.
Struggling with this premiere episode but will give it a chance.

As the others have said you will see returning actors, but Season 2 is ot connected to Season 1, this is a new story...
As far as the implant, the Doctor watched it go off, wasnt much he could do, I expect we will get more answers later on......
See asnwer to your 1st question
Camera work is the style the use on the show, its not for everyone, but something youll need to get used to as it will be used again and again........
post #51 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

You must have missed the news which was announced at the end of last season's finale. Each season of AHS is a completely different and unconnected story to the previous season. The only thing they have in common are the actors.

Ah crap, I missed the part of the announcement that it was unconencted. I read they were coming back, but didn't realize they would be unconnected people. Kind of sucks for me and takes away from the show as a whole because those people are the show to me. Oh well, time to wipe the slate and start over then. Hopefully I can stick with it as I loved season 1.
post #52 of 227
Finally saw this last night. Sweet!
post #53 of 227
OK so we can stop calling him Tate, his name is now Kit ;-) .....
post #54 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

OK so we can stop calling him Tate, his name is now Kit ;-) .....

+1 Thank you. smile.gif It's so easy to go to IMDB or the show's website if you forget a name; just takes a minute.

So he was kidnapped by malevolent aliens and nobody believes him and he got committed, I get that, but what about the murders he was supposed to have committed? Yet to be revealed?
post #55 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy 
Yet to be revealed?

Season 2 is 13 episodes long, can't expect many answers in the first hour.
post #56 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

Bravo! Bravo! On the season opener. Maybe the broadcast networks could learn something from this (or maybe not). wink.gif

Learn what? That if you throw a bunch of horror tropes into a blender, add as much kinky sex as you can get away with on basic cable, hit puree, then call your show a mini series so it will get emmy noms it would otherwise not, you will have a hit ?

This show is what nip tuck devolved into. Difference is, it starts out already at bottom.

It's a freak show, which is fine, but an example of what network tv or anyone else needs to be doing it is not.
post #57 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post

Learn what? That if you throw a bunch of horror tropes into a blender, add as much kinky sex as you can get away with on basic cable, hit puree, then call your show a mini series so it will get emmy noms it would otherwise not, you will have a hit ?
This show is what nip tuck devolved into. Difference is, it starts out already at bottom.
It's a freak show, which is fine, but an example of what network tv or anyone else needs to be doing it is not.

Some of us might have a higher opinion of it than you do. smile.gif
post #58 of 227
Can't wait for tonight's episode! Just gotta get through work and exercising tongue.gif
post #59 of 227
Whats this thing you call exercising???? I have never heard of it wink.gifbiggrin.gif
post #60 of 227
Still plenty of episodes left for a timewarp. Either a dance number or an actual timewarp. biggrin.gif[/quote]

Please god don't let it be a dance number. There's enough singing and dancing crap on tv as it is. Give me a plot. I didn't watch season 1 until they were all re-aired a couple of weeks ago. Really liked it, especially because there is no other horror shows on tv. There are a few that're creepy and weird but not like this. Plus, any show that savagely kills Adam Levine is good to me smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "American Horror Story: Asylum" on FX HD