I didn't want to create a separate thread since there is healthy discussion here. Does anyone have experience comparing the 4300/3300 to the prior models ysp-4100 or ysp-5100?
Some of the differences I have gathered from the specs are:
- 4100/5100 are taller, but thinner than the 4300/3300.
- 4100/5100 have quite a few more mini drivers than the 4300/3300.
- 4100/5100 are pricier
- 4100/5100 use 1/8" larger mini drivers
- 4300/3300 come with a wireless sub
- 4100/5100 comes with wireless sub adapter (BYO Sub)
- 5100 system is 120W vs 194W of the newer models (Sub excluded)
- 5100/4100 has 4.5" woofers, 4300/3300 have 2.5" woofers
So this all great, but my primary concern is which sounds the best, has anyone compared them?
I'm presently leaning towards the older models because I have a home built sub I wish to use, but I'm willing to forsake that if the newer units offer a significant overall upper frequency superiority.