Okay, I've confirmed the issue is with the Onkyo, not the PCH A400. No lag at all with FF/RWD causing lag when connected directly to the TV. If I play through the Onkyo, it was playing fine when I hit "play" for AIW on the remote. If I hit play from the NMJ on iPad, lag started after FF to beginning of movie. If I rewind 5 seconds or so and hit play, it works fine. The option someone suggested of "don't touch anything" isn't optimal. We pause quite often, grab a snack/refill, hit the head, etc.
But alas, we can drop this and get back on topic. I'll follow the other thread suggestions on the Onkyo and see if I can find a happy medium.
Maybe it's time to upgrade. Recommendations?
Back to the A400 though....or the iPad app for viewing the movies with the slick icon interface: NMJ Navigator. I have a few questions for this thing.
1) How do I correct a movie's info/icon? e.g. I have Bram Stroker's Dracula labeled simply as Dracula and it shows up as a 1931 Dracula directed by Tod Browning. Marvel's Avengers shows up as "The Avengers" from 1998. Boondock Saints 2 doesn't show up as anything but my filename.
2) Can I get this slick looking interface to show up via the TV as well with the regular remote...or is it just for the iPad/iPhone, etc.
Not related to the NMJ,
3) but can anyone recommend any cool apps to check out? Didn't have long to play with the PCH tonight. Won't have long tomorrow, either.
4) I have a 2TB USB 3.0 drive connected to the PCH in the USB 2.0 port. Any reason I need to transfer it to the 3.0?
5) Can I connect to the drive in 4 via my PC (other side of the house) via wired networking to transfer files to the drive for the A400 to read/update its database with as I rip my DVD collection next? I know I can disconnect the drive & bring it to the PC, but hey, I'd rather just leave it connected.