or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › POPCORN HOUR A-400 is coming soon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

POPCORN HOUR A-400 is coming soon - Page 41

post #1201 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

If you want full BD menus then you need to stick with the older players (i.e. the Dune Smarts or PCH 200/300 series).

The new players don't support 2D BD menus either? I can't imagine that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

The Base3D/TV303D, Mede8er 1000X3D/600X3D, and PCH A400 all play back lossless Blu-ray 3D, just without menus.

Great to know thanks! I didn't know MVC = full 3D BD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Just keep in mind, there are two issues with Blu-ray 3D playback with BD Lite, no proper support for forced subtitles and seamless branch

3D BDs tend to be hollywood blockbusters so I'm not as concerned about forced subtitles, as long as it doesn't effect regular BDs. I'm not sure I understand seamless branch and the ripping method. If I were to have a 3D BD with both theatrical and director's cut (for instance) then can I not just burn the director's cut with ClownBD or similar so I wouldn't miss seamless branching? How else would this effect me? edit- I'm guessing this would effect the 3D BDs in the future with multiple features on the same disc. I have one now called Grindhouse Vol. 2 with Camp Blood 1 & 2 on 3D BD (I know lame title) so I'm guessing this wouldn't work with the newer players. What say you?

Thanks for your help!
Edited by PathofNeo - 2/22/13 at 7:30am
post #1202 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNeo View Post

The new players don't support 2D BD menus either? I can't imagine that.

no need to imagine anything, that's only the reality of things. thanks to cinavia protection mad.gif
post #1203 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Gotcha. Full menus are gone unfortunately. If you want full BD menus then you need to stick with the older players (i.e. the Dune Smarts or PCH 200/300 series).

Or the $86 neotv 550 that also does forced subtitles.
post #1204 of 2288
I would also like to know if you can customize the number of seconds for the left/right rew/fforward buttons. Like on my Dune I can go back or forward 10 seconds by selecting left/right and also back or forward 1 minute by selecting up/down. Will the A-400 do this for me? I find this superior than traditional rew/ff, so it's kind of a must for me. I've read it does 30 sec skip but that's too much for me. I love my instant replays.
post #1205 of 2288
Right and left on the D-pad increase and decrease in 30 second increments. And I think up and down increase and decrease by minutes. I typically only use 30 second increments so I'm not positive about up/down on the D-pad.

EDIT: I just checked one of my A400's. Up and down on the D-pad didn't do anything. Only right and left on the D-pad increase or decrease in 30 second increments.
Edited by aaronwt - 2/27/13 at 5:41am
post #1206 of 2288
That's great to know. I honestly haven't used traditional rew/ff in a long time. It's a shame you can't adjust the D-pad to 10 second increments. Something like this can sway me to the Dune3D. I know it's trivial.. but I'm at the point where I need to replace my Dune remote from constant use of the left/right. I love it!
post #1207 of 2288
Any more news on the A-400 ?

This thread seems to have died after an initial flurry of activity. Are the new firmware releases sorting out the bugs ?

Cheers,
post #1208 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post

Any more news on the A-400 ?

This thread seems to have died after an initial flurry of activity. Are the new firmware releases sorting out the bugs ?

Cheers,

Yes new firmwares are coming out almost weekly lots of improvements over the last two weeks, they received a new SDK and microcode updates from sigma which seemed to have helped a lot of people
post #1209 of 2288
So, I went to popcorhour.com, and it takes me to Cloud Media, which is not located in Malaysia and Hon Kong? So, what's going on with this? If Popcorn Hour customer service was probably the top worse customer service ever, I wonder how bad it is going to be now!
Edited by GusGus748s - 3/26/13 at 12:03am
post #1210 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

So, I went to popcorhour.com, and it takes me to Cloud Media, which is not located in Malaysia and Hon Kong? So, what's going on with this? If Popcorn Hour customer service was probably the top worse customer service ever, I wonder how bad it is going to be now!

Their service was very good before. I did and RMA on an A400 to get the side USB port fixed. I was very pleased with the process.

And yes, the current firmware available on the NMT forum, for me, is the best one yet. It's been doing a great job with playing back my 3D BD ISOs.
post #1211 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

Yes new firmwares are coming out almost weekly lots of improvements over the last two weeks, they received a new SDK and microcode updates from sigma which seemed to have helped a lot of people

Are they getting closer to the network problems with certain switches? I finally ended up switching a NetGear gigabit switch for a Tendnet one and all my network issues vanished. Odd as they are both 8 port unmanaged gigabit switches. The NetGear one was supposed to be better but who knows.

Philip
post #1212 of 2288
You just better hope the firmware releases fix everything you need before they stop because then that's it. The C-200 is now "as is". I will take a look at the A-400 only when the firmware stops coming.
post #1213 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

You just better hope the firmware releases fix everything you need before they stop because then that's it. The C-200 is now "as is". I will take a look at the A-400 only when the firmware stops coming.

The C-200 came out 3.5 years ago. They just put it out to pasture. 3.5 years is a long time.

My C-200 has been rock solid since a firmware released in early 2010.
post #1214 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

The C-200 came out 3.5 years ago. They just put it out to pasture. 3.5 years is a long time.

My C-200 has been rock solid since a firmware released in early 2010.

You can look at the C-200 thread on the PH site and see many pages of unresolved issues making the words "rock solid" and '3.5 years" irrelevant for a lot of people. It all depends on how you use the machine or do you find that a difficult concept? BTW the C-200 is still be actively marketed and sold by Popcorn Hour.
post #1215 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

You can look at the C-200 thread on the PH site and see many pages of unresolved issues making the words "rock solid" and '3.5 years" irrelevant for a lot of people. It all depends on how you use the machine or do you find that a difficult concept? BTW the C-200 is still be actively marketed and sold by Popcorn Hour.

That's even better if it's still being sold. it has provided me many, many hours of use playing back my BD ISOs since late 2009.
post #1216 of 2288
Kind of makes "They just put it out to pasture" inaccurate huh? It also means the many who are still having issues with it should reasonably expect firmware fixes. So be aware for the A-400 - my original point.
post #1217 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Kind of makes "They just put it out to pasture" inaccurate huh? It also means the many who are still having issues with it should reasonably expect firmware fixes. So be aware for the A-400 - my original point.
There was a firmware update last year. i remember installing it on my C200. Not sure what it did since I was not having issue with my C200 to begin with. I even still on my original Power Supply. I thought it was put out to pasture becasue I had read on the NMT forums that the 200 series was now listed as legacy products. But after looking at the site I see it did not include the C-200.

Anyway, I've been using my A-400 more than my C-200 lately anyway. If I want access to full BD menus, then that is when I use my C200. Otherwise the a400 does the trick now. Especially after the recent beta firmware.
post #1218 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I thought it was put out to pasture becasue I had read on the NMT forums that the 200 series was now listed as legacy products. But after looking at the site I see it did not include the C-200.
you now have that part right annway
post #1219 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

So, I went to popcorhour.com, and it takes me to Cloud Media, which is not located in Malaysia and Hon Kong? So, what's going on with this? If Popcorn Hour customer service was probably the top worse customer service ever, I wonder how bad it is going to be now!

they have been going through a rebrand before the A400 launched. popbox,popcornhour,freeott all merged under cloudmedia name. If you look at any of the past year and a half press releases you will notice they all say cloudmedia on the bottom. They still list Head Office

Suite 29A1, Gurney Tower, 18 Persiaran Gurney,
10250 Penang, Malaysia.
Tel : +60(4)371-2137
Fax : +60(4)226-6127

so its still here although looks like they closed the US office maybe as its no longer listed.
post #1220 of 2288
I'd be surprised if the answer is "no", but just to be sure:

Does the phone/tablet app allow browsing of folders from the NAS? I would want this option for access to my music as well as the database GUI.

Thanks.........
post #1221 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

they have been going through a rebrand before the A400 launched. popbox,popcornhour,freeott all merged under cloudmedia name. If you look at any of the past year and a half press releases you will notice they all say cloudmedia on the bottom. They still list Head Office

Suite 29A1, Gurney Tower, 18 Persiaran Gurney,
10250 Penang, Malaysia.
Tel : +60(4)371-2137
Fax : +60(4)226-6127

so its still here although looks like they closed the US office maybe as its no longer listed.

Yeah, no more USA contacts. Everything will be done via email / forum. I wonder if they are going to end up like Micca?
post #1222 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Yeah, no more USA contacts. Everything will be done via email / forum. I wonder if they are going to end up like Micca?

Or could be better now. As they always had done support kinda strange, when you wrote an email it used to go to penang then you would send your rma to the US and it would get looked at there. maybe it will be better that is more condensed rather then 4 peoples hand in the jar
post #1223 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

Or could be better now. As they always had done support kinda strange, when you wrote an email it used to go to penang then you would send your rma to the US and it would get looked at there. maybe it will be better that is more condensed rather then 4 peoples hand in the jar

May be and hopefully it will get better. Their A400 wasn't an ideal media player just like the A300.

I emailed them again asking to add a For Sale section in their forum, which most likely won't happen.
post #1224 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

May be and hopefully it will get better. Their A400 wasn't an ideal media player just like the A300.

I emailed them again asking to add a For Sale section in their forum, which most likely won't happen.

Wont happen. to much drama goes along with a FS section, if someone gets burned they always think the forum mods, or company can do something about it. It just adds another layer of things that are hard to deal with. I support the decisions on no FS section as a mod I would have to deal with some of it. Better leave things like that to ebay, craigslist or a place like this that has manpower to sort through it.
post #1225 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

Wont happen. to much drama goes along with a FS section, if someone gets burned they always think the forum mods, or company can do something about it. It just adds another layer of things that are hard to deal with. I support the decisions on no FS section as a mod I would have to deal with some of it. Better leave things like that to ebay, craigslist or a place like this that has manpower to sort through it.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I've been trying to sell my PCH-A210 for a while since my family and I don't really use it. If anyone is interested is in the sales section $130 shipped to lower 48 states biggrin.gif
post #1226 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I've been trying to sell my PCH-A210 for a while since my family and I don't really use it. If anyone is interested is in the sales section $130 shipped to lower 48 states biggrin.gif

my c200 sold on ebay in less then 24 hours I would put it up there.
post #1227 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

my c200 sold on ebay in less then 24 hours I would put it up there.
Not really much of a help is it? I can sell just about anything in 24 hours on ebay...depending on the price...
post #1228 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

Not really much of a help is it? I can sell just about anything in 24 hours on ebay...depending on the price...

the price I got for the c200 was almost retail price so it was fine.
post #1229 of 2288
Fleebay charges too many fees now. I don't see it worth it selling anything on fleebay.
post #1230 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Fleebay charges too many fees now. I don't see it worth it selling anything on fleebay.

I make up for the fees in shipping. just do custom shipping add 10-15$ for fees and call it a night. I agree the fees suck but better then sitting on something you are not using.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › POPCORN HOUR A-400 is coming soon