or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › POPCORN HOUR A-400 is coming soon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

POPCORN HOUR A-400 is coming soon - Page 27

post #781 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Pedro View Post

my disc info:
Audio: English / DTS-HD Master Audio / 5.1 / 48 kHz

It's DTS-HD, not TRUEHD. It would be interesting to find out why it didn't have any issues for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

But what are these dropouts like? I did not encounter any audio dropouts playing my full BD ISO of Avatar with DTS-HD MA yesterday. But once the video started studdering the audio stopped playing. But if the video doesn't studder the audio is fine.

PM me your email, I'll give you access to the files so you can see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHarOn99 View Post

it seems that some have issues with dtshd and mkv, so more BD to mkv 1:1 rips, it is confirmed now by werner after he received samples showing this issue.

The dropout occurs at the exact same moments during the opening title of Rango whether it's an MKV, the m2ts track from the BR, or a 1:1 iso rip. The video continues to play fine.
post #782 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

It's DTS-HD, not TRUEHD. It would be interesting to find out why it didn't have any issues for you.
PM me your email, I'll give you access to the files so you can see.
The dropout occurs at the exact same moments during the opening title of Rango whether it's an MKV, the m2ts track from the BR, or a 1:1 iso rip. The video continues to play fine.

PM sent .
post #783 of 2287
on m2ts i don't know, on the german forum i read only that he received 2 mkv samples showing this issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

The dropout occurs at the exact same moments during the opening title of Rango whether it's an MKV, the m2ts track from the BR, or a 1:1 iso rip. The video continues to play fine.
post #784 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHarOn99 View Post

on m2ts i don't know, on the german forum i read only that he received 2 mkv samples showing this issue

I promise you the issue happens at the exact timestamps no matter the format.
post #785 of 2287
i believe you don't worry, maybe it would be then good if someone uploads a sample for him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

I promise you the issue happens at the exact timestamps no matter the format.
post #786 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

I promise you the issue happens at the exact timestamps no matter the format.

Ok ive tested your file and now you and everyone can also see,i play it without any problems at all also has you can see in the video mate,ill gladly test more files for help.

Uploaded here :

http://depositfiles.com/files/zosw80wvl
Edited by Rui Pedro - 12/4/12 at 7:41am
post #787 of 2287
In browser mode I know you can press the info button & bring up the option to download the fan art & metadata, etc. However doing this for every single video is pretty time consuming using the PCH. Is there a a program that will do this via PC. One that will format the info file correctly for PCH?
post #788 of 2287
why not use nmj then? but as far as i know you can also generate nfo,fanart and cover by using emm.
post #789 of 2287
mymovies has a nmj export module (does all from the pc so you just have to use nmj and don't bother scrapping from the A400).

check here : http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=46653&highlight=mymovies
post #790 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHarOn99 View Post

why not use nmj then? but as far as i know you can also generate nfo,fanart and cover by using emm.

I really don't like the jukebox set up. I prefer browser mode with thumbnails. It just appeals to me more. I tried to install emm, but it gave me a "there is an error in the XML document (1,2)
Edited by cadett - 12/4/12 at 8:09am
post #791 of 2287
Folks, I moved to Dune Smart H1 a couple days ago and I must say the grass is not greener on this side, playback is more stable, BDs play well but advanced features are just plain ugly:
-System storage ( you need it to use with IPTV) is impossible to configure correctly, so picky on the flash brand, etc.
-IPTV... Video itself on Dune IpTV is much better than on Roku but Roku is rock stable and does not freeze, Dune freezes every 5 min on every stream.
- I have seen several green screens after BD playback and with green screen you need to power cycle the Dune
- NMT UI is actually not bad at all when compared to Dune, but RC apps on Dune are far better giving you full keyboard


All in all, do I miss my A400? not yet, once PCH learns to use VXP then they have a chance at besting Dune in video quality department until then I do not miss A400 (but I am not selling my A300 yet either).
post #792 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Pedro View Post

Ok ive tested your file and now you and everyone can also see,i play it without any problems at all also has you can see in the video mate,ill gladly test more files for help.
Uploaded here :
http://depositfiles.com/files/zosw80wvl

What AV gear do you have your PCH attached to? Are you connected directly to your TV or are you connected to an AVR? Can you post a screenshot of the audio settings on the PCH? Can you start the clip, hit the info button on the remote, then get a shot of the screen with the codec information displayed?

Everyone else is having problems with this, so I'm wondering what's different about your setup.

Can't download - connection limit reached for this ip address rolleyes.gif
post #793 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

I promise you the issue happens at the exact timestamps no matter the format.

Is Rango a branching title or is it a single M2TS on the disc?

Bill
post #794 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

What AV gear do you have your PCH attached to? Are you connected directly to your TV or are you connected to an AVR? Can you post a screenshot of the audio settings on the PCH? Can you start the clip, hit the info button on the remote, then get a shot of the screen with the codec information displayed?
Everyone else is having problems with this, so I'm wondering what's different about your setup.
Can't download - connection limit reached for this ip address rolleyes.gif

Hi mate i use a denon for sound with optical audio and all my video is connected in HDMI,has for video settings everything is setup for pure audio non converted...my video has everything you need mate.
post #795 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Pedro View Post

Hi mate i use a denon for sound with optical audio and all my video is connected in HDMI,has for video settings everything is setup for pure audio non converted...my video has everything you need mate.

If you are using optical you aren't using the DTS-MA or TrueHD codecs.

Bill
post #796 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Pedro View Post

Hi mate i use a denon for sound with optical audio and all my video is connected in HDMI,has for video settings everything is setup for pure audio non converted...my video has everything you need mate.

If you're using optical for audio then you can only be sending legacy audio. Since you need HDMI for the advanced audio codecs.
post #797 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post

If you are using optical you aren't using the DTS-MA or TrueHD codecs.
Bill

Correct - it's playing the AC3 stream which works fine.

I guess that could be a temporary solution for now - i could just run optical until this is resolved.
post #798 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post

Is Rango a branching title or is it a single M2TS on the disc?
Bill

Branching - but the issue starts on the first track at the :59 second mark.
post #799 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

Correct - it's playing the AC3 stream which works fine.
I guess that could be a temporary solution for now - i could just run optical until this is resolved.

That would be why Rui isn't having any issues.

Bill
post #800 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post

That would be why Rui isn't having any issues.
Bill

Yup. I'm going to run optical tonight so I can use the darn thing.
post #801 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

If you're using optical for audio then you can only be sending legacy audio. Since you need HDMI for the advanced audio codecs.
I use HDmi also besides optical.
post #802 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Pedro View Post

I use HDmi also besides optical.

What is the model of the Denon AVR you are using and what does the display say on the front of it when you are playing files?

Bill
post #803 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Pedro View Post

I use HDmi also besides optical.

Start the video, press the info button, then get a screenshot for us of the display. It will show the audio stream the player is using.
post #804 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post

What is the model of the Denon AVR you are using and what does the display say on the front of it when you are playing files?
Bill

have to check the model,not sure about the rest you asked it says DTS on the denon dunno if its that.
post #805 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

Start the video, press the info button, then get a screenshot for us of the display. It will show the audio stream the player is using.

Just check my video,it says TRUE DTS.
post #806 of 2287
What is "TRUE DTS"?
post #807 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Pedro View Post

Just check my video,it says TRUE DTS.

I can't download that again today. What bitrate is it showing?
post #808 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

What is "TRUE DTS"?

I'm guessing that's what the player shows for the DTS core track that DTS-MA sends out when HD Audio isn't available.
post #809 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Pedro View Post

have to check the model,not sure about the rest you asked it says DTS on the denon dunno if its that.

That's the core track that's contained inside the DTS-HD track. It's played when HD audio is not available. I have a Denon as well, it will show DTS-HD when the lossless stream is playing.
post #810 of 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

What is "TRUE DTS"?

check the video,info says it all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › POPCORN HOUR A-400 is coming soon