or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › POPCORN HOUR A-400 is coming soon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

POPCORN HOUR A-400 is coming soon - Page 32

post #931 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Decided to put my A-400 on eBay. As my 1000X3D works reliably, I don't have the patience to be Syabas' alpha tester. Beta tester maybe, but not alpha wink.gif.

report back if you get close to full retail or more so others might see it as a decent option.
post #932 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Decided to put my A-400 on eBay. As my 1000X3D works reliably, I don't have the patience to be Syabas' alpha tester. Beta tester maybe, but not alpha wink.gif.

I think I will follow your lead. Everyone else wait 5 days smile.gif
post #933 of 2288
you guys selling on ebay better remember a couple things.
1 FEES are terrible
2. return policy. Even if you state "no returns" you WILL have to take it back if the user claims it is "not as advertised" or risk a paypal chargeback.
just sayin...
post #934 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

you guys selling on ebay better remember a couple things.
1 FEES are terrible
2. return policy. Even if you state "no returns" you WILL have to take it back if the user claims it is "not as advertised" or risk a paypal chargeback.
just sayin...

Not my first rodeo, but thanks for the tip
post #935 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

you guys selling on ebay better remember a couple things.
1 FEES are terrible
2. return policy. Even if you state "no returns" you WILL have to take it back if the user claims it is "not as advertised" or risk a paypal chargeback.
just sayin...

I was thinking about what you said & it kind of hit me. Ebay's policies are at a greater standard than Syabas policies/standards. That's sad.
post #936 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett View Post

I was thinking about what you said & it kind of hit me. Ebay's policies are at a greater standard than Syabas policies/standards. That's sad.

Good point. I was going to bay mine but decided not to. The possible nightmare of having to deal with an unhappy buyer along with the ebay/paypal fees was not wort it to me. Besides, I would be no better then Sybass. I still hope some day a reputable company puts out a 3d capable streamer. No more pch products for me.
post #937 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman View Post

Good point. I was going to bay mine but decided not to. The possible nightmare of having to deal with an unhappy buyer along with the ebay/paypal fees was not wort it to me. Besides, I would be no better then Sybass. I still hope some day a reputable company puts out a 3d capable streamer. No more pch products for me.

Mine is available for sale for $250.00. I'll be posting it here tonight. Throwing in a 2TB drive as incentive.
post #938 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

Mine is available for sale for $250.00. I'll be posting it here tonight. Throwing in a 2TB drive as incentive.

I'll take off your hands for $250.....oh wait, you want me to pay you $250? biggrin.gif
post #939 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc11369 View Post

I'll take off your hands for $250.....oh wait, you want me to pay you $250? biggrin.gif

I was just getting ready to send him my paypal info to send me the $250 as well smile.gif
post #940 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc11369 View Post

I'll take off your hands for $250.....oh wait, you want me to pay you $250? biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

I was just getting ready to send him my paypal info to send me the $250 as well smile.gif

tongue.gif to both of you!
post #941 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman View Post

Good point. I was going to bay mine but decided not to. The possible nightmare of having to deal with an unhappy buyer along with the ebay/paypal fees was not wort it to me. Besides, I would be no better then Sybass. I still hope some day a reputable company puts out a 3d capable streamer. No more pch products for me.

It is terrible that you buy a product that doesn't perform as described, and the customer / owner is afraid of even selling it because of the possibility of getting it back eek.gif
post #942 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

It is terrible that you buy a product that doesn't perform as described, and the customer / owner is afraid of even selling it because of the possibility of getting it back eek.gif

I actually sold my HiMedia 900b on ebay, had the purchaser return it, but then a second seller bought (and kept)
post #943 of 2288
You all have had some bad luck on ebay, I sold all of my past players on ebay never had a return, As for fees I just make sure to account for it in the price or the shipping cost, So fees are not an issue either.
post #944 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

You all have had some bad luck on ebay, I sold all of my past players on ebay never had a return, As for fees I just make sure to account for it in the price or the shipping cost, So fees are not an issue either.

In my case with the 900B the user could not figure out how to properly install an internal HDD...
post #945 of 2288
I got lucky since people on AVSForum bought my AIOS and MED500x2. I didn't have to deal with fees just shipping. Getting back to the subject, the A400 is losing a lot of ground to the Mede8er. It appears that they will have the option to use Yadis as a jukebox as well eek.gif If it has full TV support, I'm probably going to sell my Dune and PCH to get a couple of Mede8er's. I am getting tired of maintaining two different jukeboxes.
post #946 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

I got lucky since people on AVSForum bought my AIOS and MED500x2. I didn't have to deal with fees just shipping. Getting back to the subject, the A400 is losing a lot of ground to the Mede8er. It appears that they will have the option to use Yadis as a jukebox as well eek.gif If it has full TV support, I'm probably going to sell my Dune and PCH to get a couple of Mede8er's. I am getting tired of maintaining two different jukeboxes.

The ground is not lost in terms of jukebox, I learned one thing with NMJ people do not want to use a PC for jukebox, Even if they store the movies on a PC for some reason running a jukebox from a pc is wrong to them. But glad to see mede8er getting a second jukebox. In terms of playback the A400 has a lot of catching up to do though.

Is yadis another thumbgen style jukebox were everything is built on a static image?
post #947 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

The ground is not lost in terms of jukebox, I learned one thing with NMJ people do not want to use a PC for jukebox, Even if they store the movies on a PC for some reason running a jukebox from a pc is wrong to them. But glad to see mede8er getting a second jukebox. In terms of playback the A400 has a lot of catching up to do though.
Is yadis another thumbgen style jukebox were everything is built on a static image?

I wouldn't read too much into yadis in Mede8er quite yet. From what I can tell it works similar to how YAMJ works with Mede8er (so just generating files). Until Mede8er comes out with a full fledged jukebox (whether internally or via a 3rd party app) Dune/PCH are still ahead in that department
post #948 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

The ground is not lost in terms of jukebox, I learned one thing with NMJ people do not want to use a PC for jukebox, Even if they store the movies on a PC for some reason running a jukebox from a pc is wrong to them. But glad to see mede8er getting a second jukebox. In terms of playback the A400 has a lot of catching up to do though.
Is yadis another thumbgen style jukebox were everything is built on a static image?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

I wouldn't read too much into yadis in Mede8er quite yet. From what I can tell it works similar to how YAMJ works with Mede8er (so just generating files). Until Mede8er comes out with a full fledged jukebox (whether internally or via a 3rd party app) Dune/PCH are still ahead in that department

I am very hopeful for Mede8er to at least support a 3rd party jukebox. Heck, I'll even take YAMJ for that matter biggrin.gif
post #949 of 2288
To bad I did not know anyone close to me with one Or i would barrow it to see what I Could come up with.
post #950 of 2288
I'm actually happy with Mede8er's jukebox solution for movies via YAMJ-to-Mede8er. No, it isn't a true jukebox like PCH's or Dune's, but it's driven by metadata that you can sort, search by. The UI is nice. Best of all, it's easy to generate as Y2M is terrific.

What sucks on Mede8er is lack of a decent jukebox for TV shows.
post #951 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

You all have had some bad luck on ebay, I sold all of my past players on ebay never had a return, As for fees I just make sure to account for it in the price or the shipping cost, So fees are not an issue either.

I've sold a few as well. Only one return and that was the first one. Now I state these kinds of things:

It's Used
It will power up
It will output to the TV via HDMI

I don't guarantee that playback will be bugfree.
I list some of the bigger issues.
I refer people to whatever support is available from the company for anything else.

Worked the one time someone complained.
post #952 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

If you are a happy a200/c200 owner there is no reason to upgrade to either the 300 or 400 series currently. Let's see where the A400 is in the next few months and if Syabas/Sigma can fix the nasty bugs on the 300 series. Or I guess a better way to put it, if you feel inclined to get a 300/400 just get at at first as a secondary/backup player to your 200s until you are sure it can competently replace.

NMJ Navigator was the main reason I wanted to upgrade. I still have my C200 for full BD menus, but since using NMJ Naviagtor on my FireHD tablets, I really have no desire to use NMJ on the Tv screen from either the A400 or C200. Once they get the networking and playback issues ironed out with the A400 things will get even better.
post #953 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

Mine is available for sale for $250.00. I'll be posting it here tonight. Throwing in a 2TB drive as incentive.

eek.gifeek.gif Are you serious??? With a 2TB drive??? If you are and it's shipped from the Continental US, I would be very interested in buying it.
Edited by aaronwt - 12/11/12 at 2:34pm
post #954 of 2288
I just read the A-400 manual . One thing is not mentioned in the NMJ section - view only unwatched movies. Is there a setting or field to indicate if a movie is unwatched or watched? Can a movie be changed to watched from the remote?

Thanks........
post #955 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

toolbox was released NMJ now supports multiple shares if you want to stick with NMJ, All though its a little buggy at the moment

Does NMJ now have the notion of Watched Folders? That is, will it update its database when a new file is placed into one of those folders? Or does it require manual or scheduled updating?

philip
post #956 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

Does NMJ now have the notion of Watched Folders? That is, will it update its database when a new file is placed into one of those folders? Or does it require manual or scheduled updating?
philip

You still have to make it do some kinda of update, be it when NMJ starts or what not. There is no way to Monitor a folder without constantly hitting over and over to rescan for new content. If that is something you want. there is a script made for linux on the NMT forums it will monitor for new files placed on teh drive then you can invoke NMJ to update
post #957 of 2288
New firmware available

http://www.popcornhour.com/download/A400/firmware-A400.html

Release Date : 12 December 2012
Firmware Version : 05-01-121206-24-POP-422-000
Release Note :
1. Known Issues
- Subtitle has to much spacing between the lines(already fixed internal, will be in next release)
- Youtube with 1080p24 will get flickering(already fixed internal, will be in next release)
- after playback any movie, playback bmp photo, the photo will be darker(already fixed internal, will be in next release)
- Some MKV/M2TS with DTSHD let AVR blink on heavy sound (we forwarded three samples to sigma, they confirmed the issue and are working on a solution now)
- Samba Network streaming issues
- some mkv with idx/sub freeze when first subtitle should show up
- External subtitle is shown inside the movie instead of black bar at the bottom
2. Firmware
- Fixed SD Cards with Class 10 don't work
- Fixed BD/TS/M2TS Changing Audio or Seek on playback needs long time to recover audio
- Fixed 3D playback stability issues
- Fixed can't playback after power off (screen off) and on again
- Fixed some file keep blinking when playback at 24p
- Added remember last audio track when resume playback
- Added faster video and zooming and panning
- Removed Subtitle Shadow
- Improved Frameratesync detection
3. System
- Fixed screensaver still can see video at the overscan area
- Fixed proxy setting does not take effect upon boot up
- Fixed incorrect input after press QWE / ABC button at keyboard
- Fixed incorrect icon display after press QWE / ABC button at keyboard
- Fixed Show wrong error message for those character not allow to use as file name during rename
- Fixed Connecting both internal sata and e-sata harddisk at the same time, the system cannot boot up
- Added support up to 16 usb/sata devices
- Updated french and german translation
4. NMJ
- Fixed NMJ Navigator power key not working when in power down mode
- Fixed wall view mode: just show grey image but not default photo image
- Fixed show undefined for search by artist at dutch, german, greek, hebrew, hungarian, japanes, norwegian, russian, spanish & swedish.
- Fixed incorrect input after press QWE / ABC button at keyboard
- Fixed incorrect icon display after press QWE / ABC button at keyboard
- Added Group movie with xxx.3d.iso as 3d movie
- Updated french, dutch and german translation
5. Apps Market
- Fixed stuck in loading screen for some language setting.
NMT Apps Version : 05-01-121010-24-POP-422
post #958 of 2288
With the new .home folder on the A400 its now possible to setup everion/yamj jukebox's for multiple users, So can have a kid jukebox and an adult jukebox, with simple selection.
post #959 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

With the new .home folder on the A400 its now possible to setup everion/yamj jukebox's for multiple users, So can have a kid jukebox and an adult jukebox, with simple selection.

Time to bring out the pron collection biggrin.gif
post #960 of 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Time to bring out the pron collection biggrin.gif

hope its not 3d porn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › POPCORN HOUR A-400 is coming soon