or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2012 NFL Week 1 - Television Coverage Maps, NFL ST, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2012 NFL Week 1 - Television Coverage Maps, NFL ST, etc. - Page 2

post #31 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws192 View Post

Which makes it somewhat interesting that Fox can't do the same thing to balance things out.

The same thing used to happen with FOX back when they did virtually all of the mlb postseason games. In October for a couple of weeks, FOX only had early NFL games to show the postseason games in the afternoon.

But now that TBS and MLBN does most of the games, Fox only has the NLCS and World Series to show. Most are shown in prime time anyway, but in week 7 if you notice there are no late FOX games, which coincide with game 6 of the NLCS on FOX.
post #32 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepier View Post

The same thing used to happen with FOX back when they did virtually all of the mlb postseason games. In October for a couple of weeks, FOX only had early NFL games to show the postseason games in the afternoon.
But now that TBS and MLBN does most of the games, Fox only has the NLCS and World Series to show. Most are shown in prime time anyway, but in week 7 if you notice there are no late FOX games, which coincide with game 6 of the NLCS on FOX.

Right....so for example that week if your in buffalo wouldnt you get lets just say dal/car 1:00 even though bills are home because fox needs to have 1 game.

So you could say that evens off the week 1 deal.
post #33 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 View Post

I presume the Bengals/Ravens game is Sunday nite???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wellman View Post

The SNF game is PIT@BAL

Moral of story:

If you are gonna get wasted on friday night.... biggrin.gif
post #34 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepier View Post

The same thing used to happen with FOX back when they did virtually all of the mlb postseason games. In October for a couple of weeks, FOX only had early NFL games to show the postseason games in the afternoon.
But now that TBS and MLBN does most of the games, Fox only has the NLCS and World Series to show. Most are shown in prime time anyway, but in week 7 if you notice there are no late FOX games, which coincide with game 6 of the NLCS on FOX.

Right....so for example that week if your in buffalo wouldnt you get lets just say dal/car 1:00 even though bills are home because fox needs to have 1 game.

So you could say that evens off the week 1 deal.

there is no 'evening out' - different markets are affected.
post #35 of 64
Duh, I meant to say that but my fingers doing the typing thought otherwise.biggrin.gif
post #36 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berk32 View Post

there is no 'evening out' - different markets are affected.

Yes but im saying cbs gets to "break" the rule for a week while fox another week.
post #37 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws192 View Post

Meanwhile WCBS in NY airs against no Fox game. Seems one sided.

Well, that is what you get when you have 2 pro fanchises in the same market. I am sure within each of their contracts, the NY Giants and NY Jets stipulate that there can be no game aired against them in the same market. Nor can they both be playing at the same time(1:00pm or 4:20pm on Sundays). This is the unfortunate downside too having two pro NFL teams in your market.

They do the same thing out here with the Steelers, of course. If the Steelers are on CBS or FOX, believe me, there is no game on the opposite channel at the same time. But since we do not have 2 NFL teams in the same TV area, we get all of the Nationally televised games, which have a "tendency"(not always), too show up at 4:20pm on the channel who has the doubleheader that week.

You are stuck with the Jets and Giants period on alot of weekends. And if you do not like those teams, living in the Tri-state area, hopefully you live close enough too Philly, so you can get an extra game.
post #38 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

Well, that is what you get when you have 2 pro fanchises in the same market. I am sure within each of their contracts, the NY Giants and NY Jets stipulate that there can be no game aired against them in the same market. Nor can they both be playing at the same time(1:00pm or 4:20pm on Sundays). This is the unfortunate downside too having two pro NFL teams in your market.
They do the same thing out here with the Steelers, of course. If the Steelers are on CBS or FOX, believe me, there is no game on the opposite channel at the same time. But since we do not have 2 NFL teams in the same TV area, we get all of the Nationally televised games, which have a "tendency"(not always), too show up at 4:20pm on the channel who has the doubleheader that week.
You are stuck with the Jets and Giants period on alot of weekends. And if you do not like those teams, living in the Tri-state area, hopefully you live close enough too Philly, so you can get an extra game.

The rule is you cant have a game on the other network against the local team if they are home....if they are on the road then you can.
post #39 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws192 View Post

...Why should the New Orleans Fox affiliate have to compete with CBS when they would otherwise not have to? Meanwhile WCBS in NY airs against no Fox game. Seems one sided.

As a resident of the New Orleans area, I can assure you that the fact that another game is on another network at the same time as the local Saints broadcast will only cause a .000000001% change in the total number of viewers of the Saints broadcast.
post #40 of 64
Is NFL Redzone on Dish Network not in HD this year? I just flipped to it and its SD.
post #41 of 64
Anyone know which DirecTV sat Sunday Ticket is coming off of? I'm getting FLOODS of drops so I'm trying to figure out what is going on.
post #42 of 64
Never mind, reset my receiver and all is well.
post #43 of 64
The new studio for Fox looks pretty good. Glad they finally decided to update that stage to HD.
post #44 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

I am sure within each of their contracts, the NY Giants and NY Jets stipulate that there can be no game aired against them in the same market.
Individual NFL teams do not and cannot negotiate regular/post season TV contracts. The teams only have control over their preseason TV coverage.
post #45 of 64
All games are now presented with a 16:9 score bug. FINALLY!!!
post #46 of 64
On Fox, I'm finding the bottom score bar showing other game scores rather obnoxious. That big block of navy blue against the green grass doesn't look right. The scores and quarter aren't synced when they scroll vertically. And then there's a huge waste of space at the bottom with a solid blue tint below it. And the whole thing turns red with Score Alert when another team scores. rolleyes.gif

The CBS bottom line isn't as obnoxious but it's got the useless gray tint below it.
post #47 of 64
Not sure where to post this, but is anyone else have problems with the Falcons/Chiefs game on D*TV? The video is very choppy and has dropped out a couple times. I'm not having problems on any other channel and the commercials seem to be fine.
post #48 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by muohio View Post

Not sure where to post this, but is anyone else have problems with the Falcons/Chiefs game on D*TV? The video is very choppy and has dropped out a couple times. I'm not having problems on any other channel and the commercials seem to be fine.
I've had several dropouts with the Redskins/Saints game on Fox OTA. One even briefly went to a static Fox logo. Maybe its a Fox thing.
post #49 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

I've had several dropouts with the Redskins/Saints game on Fox OTA. One even briefly went to a static Fox logo. Maybe its a Fox thing.

Watching Fox on Brighthouse channel 1035 and got the same thing. Also CBS channel 1060 has been cutting in and out as well during halftime.
post #50 of 64
I'm having problems too with the falcons game. Went from choppy/ dropouts to SD! Called DirecTV and they know about it and say they are working on it.
post #51 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

I'm having problems too with the falcons game. Went from choppy/ dropouts to SD! Called DirecTV and they know about it and say they are working on it.
Doesn't sound like a DirecTV problem. Nothing they can do, they just told you that to get you off the phone.
post #52 of 64
Yeah I'm sure its a source problem. Anyway, I'm now watching the eagles/browns game.
post #53 of 64
Well I just switched back to fox for the 49ers game and still the same problem, no HD! WTF!
post #54 of 64

RZC has had audio glitches all damn day. Major drop outs.

post #55 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

Well I just switched back to fox for the 49ers game and still the same problem, no HD! WTF!
Something's definitely going on at your affiliate. My local affiliate (WJBK Detroit) and the NFL RedZone channel are showing the game in HD.
post #56 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

I've had several dropouts with the Redskins/Saints game on Fox OTA. One even briefly went to a static Fox logo. Maybe its a Fox thing.

I had it occur here (in the local area for the game) OTA as well.
post #57 of 64
Hmm... Appear to be having issues with the pre-game on NBC right now, as well. I know its not my affiliate, because even when the video cuts out, the crawl at the bottom of the screen keeps on truckin. That's gotta be an issue with the feed from the stadium, no other way to explain it.
post #58 of 64
Feed from the stadium is fine have not looked at my local affiliate to compare though.
post #59 of 64
Faith Hill rockin' the minskirt! biggrin.gif
post #60 of 64
The mic on the Broncos center (?) sounds like nothing but static. Annoying to hear that before each snap.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2012 NFL Week 1 - Television Coverage Maps, NFL ST, etc.