Honestly I'm sure the CV will do a great job and if anything would only be a DB or two away from full potential.
I spent some timing dialing in the Peaveys and the minidsp 10x10 this morning. I had yet to use 4 separate sub channels - so much tinkering to do but I improved the phase relationship quite a bit! Got to pound on both amps for about 45 minutes or so. The fans really get going but as soon as you back down so do they. Output is very impressive - I've got to be careful in 2 ohm mode but there is definitely not a shortage of power.
Also since I seemed to have been running out of room in my current equipment rack in the main room, I decided to start tinkering with a design of my own. Had most of the 'scrap' wood laying around so figured why not. This gives me over twice the space with a good 10" of height for each space. Will help greatly with cable management as well.
Got most of it assembled, but now spending time sanding and filling. I have the holes drilled for wheels at the bottom as well. This sucker is pretty heavy now.
Going to try a new finish - Sherwin Williams pre-cat epoxy paint, in black of course. We will see how it goes, supposed to be very durable.Edited by Gorilla83 - 7/20/13 at 8:24am