Guys - I have all 4 subs up and running now. The 3rd and 4th subs are behind the couch and acting as an end table. First and foremost the output and impact is absolutely ABSURD!! Completely blows away anything I've had in the room so far. I've spent only a few quick minutes listening so far since I don't have a lot of time left today before family activities kick off. Tomorrow I'm hoping to re-eq and take some onmnmic sweeps along the way. I've learned a few things from the 10 short minutes I've spent demo'ing them:
1) I don't know if I'll ever be able to need or tolerate much more output for more than a clip or two at a time. Upon first hooking them up I had to back the sub level down -4 or -5 DB in order to not overpower the mains. The impact with the sub behind the couch makes me giggle like a second grade schoolkid at recess. I'm confident I'm seeing 130+ DB at the listening position for most frequencies. I will know more when i measure shortly.
2) I feel sorry for my wife when I have friends over to demo while she is home. Truly.
3) I have a newfound respect for what this clone amp can really do now that it's wired in 4 ohm stereo. It's freaking awesome. Hopefully it stays working for a while.
I had it cranked near reference for a few clips and wasn't even close to finding the limits of this setup.
4) Some of you guys have got to get over here this week and have a listen. Seriously.
5) I'm really going to have to respect this setup or I will have some serious hearing damage.
6) There is no need for transducers with the subs in these positions.
I'm going to toy with placement a bit next and finish up the grills. Once I've found the locations, I will wire them through the walls with outlet plates, etc and snap some pictures for you guys.
Merry Christmas Eve all!!!Edited by Gorilla83 - 12/24/12 at 3:24pm