or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › AVS Owner's thread for the pioneer elite bdp-62fd..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AVS Owner's thread for the pioneer elite bdp-62fd.. - Page 6

post #151 of 825
So I got my 62 last night, and my first impression is ... I REALLY LIKE IT!!!!

I am having one issue with it, though: I set up my system (BDP-62, VSX82-TXS, and a Panasonic TC-P50G20) using the dual HDMI outs (HDMI Main into HDMI 2 on my display and HDMI Sub into HDMI 3 on my AVR). I set the HDMI setting on the BDP to Separate.

While everything plays, something in my display doesn't seem to want to latch onto the video signal coming in from the BDP. For instance, when I put in a disk, it'll play the opening screen, but each time the disk reaches a point where a different warning screen appears (you know, like the FBI and Interpol warning screens or even the main menu or going from the main menu into the movie itself), my display resets to HDMI 1. It's frustrating as all get-out.

Setting the BDP's HDMI setting to Dual corrects the problem, but I'd rather use the Separate setting.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #152 of 825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwall99 View Post

So I got my 62 last night, and my first impression is ... I REALLY LIKE IT!!!!

I am having one issue with it, though: I set up my system (BDP-62, VSX82-TXS, and a Panasonic TC-P50G20) using the dual HDMI outs (HDMI Main into HDMI 2 on my display and HDMI Sub into HDMI 3 on my AVR). I set the HDMI setting on the BDP to Separate.

While everything plays, something in my display doesn't seem to want to latch onto the video signal coming in from the BDP. For instance, when I put in a disk, it'll play the opening screen, but each time the disk reaches a point where a different warning screen appears (you know, like the FBI and Interpol warning screens or even the main menu or going from the main menu into the movie itself), my display resets to HDMI 1. It's frustrating as all get-out.

Setting the BDP's HDMI setting to Dual corrects the problem, but I'd rather use the Separate setting.

Any ideas?

Thanks
check ...the HDMI control ....settings on the bdp-62 ..and or vsx-82 they may not be compaterble..
post #153 of 825
Yeah, I'm kinda wondering about this... In particular, I'm wondering if the VSX HDMI/video output wants to take charge or trump the HDMI/video output from the BDP.

I was surprised that my display (Panasonic Viera TC-P50G20) would, once I manually selected HDMI 2, hop back to HDMI 1 whenever the scene changed (that's my current theory: scene changes cause the display on the television to switch from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2).

Weird.

Thanks.

CW
post #154 of 825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwall99 View Post

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering about this... In particular, I'm wondering if the VSX HDMI/video output wants to take charge or trump the HDMI/video output from the BDP.

I was surprised that my display (Panasonic Viera TC-P50G20) would, once I manually selected HDMI 2, hop back to HDMI 1 whenever the scene changed (that's my current theory: scene changes cause the display on the television to switch from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2).

Weird.

Thanks.

CW

yeah ..i have the same problem with my 62 and my older 8g kuro plasma....pioneer .. it seems dont think about backwards compatibility..which is a shame.....i had the bdp-23 and the 51 and 05 ..all work well with the 8g kuro..but i sold those player ..got the 62 and it will not all.. the time see the tv.. they should look into that..even the control app's the av control 2012..is not compatible .with the 1121-k and so on...
post #155 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDs View Post

Has anyone watched the new Total Recall. I watched it last evening and my player freezes up on ch.15 at the 1:45:46 mark. The only way to break out of it is to unplug the player.

I tried my PS3 and it worked like a charm and disc looks great no marks or scratches. It's a retail buy no rental. The software version of my player is 2.05. I checked pioneer site and it shows no software update available for download.

I watched Dredd and it had major lockups. Looks like Pioneer hasn't come up with anykind of update yet.
post #156 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

I watched Dredd and it had major lockups. Looks like Pioneer hasn't come up with anykind of update yet.


I haven't received an other information from them since reporting Total Recall and Brave. Hopefully they address these issues quickly for us with a new firmware. It would seem that some of these new releases have some sort of different coding per se causing all sorts of hardware issues and not just with ours I really like this player otherwise.
post #157 of 825
I watched Brave 3D last night & had NO problems at all during the movie!
post #158 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredrider View Post

I watched Brave 3D last night & had NO problems at all during the movie!

What firmware version are you running? Hmm interesting I only have the 2D version. I was no more than 15min in and froze up. Played fine in the PS3 of course.
post #159 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDs View Post

What firmware version are you running? Hmm interesting I only have the 2D version. I was no more than 15min in and froze up. Played fine in the PS3 of course.

FWIW, my copy of Brave also froze up at the 15 min mark, as well.
post #160 of 825
I think it only happens with newly released 2D bd. I tried my copy of Dredd in 3D and it played fine.
post #161 of 825
Just sent a email to Pioneers support regaurding the issue. Anyone experiencing the the same problems hope you can find the time to do the same. So that way they know its a problem. And they can address these problems faster and give us a firmware ASAP.
post #162 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

Just sent a email to Pioneers support regaurding the issue. Anyone experiencing the the same problems hope you can find the time to do the same. So that way they know its a problem. And they can address these problems faster and give us a firmware ASAP.

Ditto
post #163 of 825
Thread Starter 
Sorry..to here about this ...what some of you guys are going through.... since I got the player it has not missed a beat save ...the Pandora ..isuse which was Pandora,s..fault.. not the 62 ..but a firmware update would be nice.... what's up Mr kurtsch.. any new media ? I need some new material.. SACD biggrin.gif
post #164 of 825
VO2.05
post #165 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredrider View Post

VO2.05

Same as mine. Let's hope we can quickly receiver an updated version from Pioneer.
post #166 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDs View Post

Has anyone watched the new Total Recall. I watched it last evening and my player freezes up on ch.15 at the 1:45:46 mark. The only way to break out of it is to unplug the player.

I tried my PS3 and it worked like a charm and disc looks great no marks or scratches. It's a retail buy no rental. The software version of my player is 2.05. I checked pioneer site and it shows no software update available for download.

I watched Dredd and it had major lockups. Looks like Pioneer hasn't come up with anykind of update yet.

FYI: the Total Recall disc is defective, not your player. Go here for info on a swap program

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=6981860#post6981860
post #167 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_Rocky View Post

FYI: the Total Recall disc is defective, not your player. Go here for info on a swap program

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=6981860#post6981860

Whoa who would have thunk it. Thanks Rock
post #168 of 825
Bought this player and set it up, had some issues with the audio, re set to factory defaults and started over MUST setup HDMI audio out before anything to bitstream, if you don't it will default to PCM & gets greyed out where you cannot change it, Frustrating, have it set to separate, using 2 HDMI cables, great Video/Audio.
post #169 of 825
I just purchased the BDP-62 as an upgrade to a BDP-23 player. I'm very happy with the overall build quality but I've notice a problem with the synchronization between the voice and picture when the unit sends separate signals via HDMI. The video is sent via primary HDMI out to a Panasonic 65ST50, the audio signal is sent to my receiver, a Pioneer VSX-94TXH.

I've tried the sending audio both as bitstream and PCM with no affect; the picture is just slightly ahead of the voice. This seems to be true on all blueray movies, last night I watched Bourne Supremacy and really noticed it. I haven't noticed if it also occurs on SD DVD.

Is this likely a problem with the BDP-62 or more likely to be the receiver? I've downloaded the latest firmware for the receiver and plan to apply it this weekend, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem when using both HDMI ports?

Thanks!
post #170 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartok55 View Post

I just purchased the BDP-62 as an upgrade to a BDP-23 player. I'm very happy with the overall build quality but I've notice a problem with the synchronization between the voice and picture when the unit sends separate signals via HDMI. The video is sent via primary HDMI out to a Panasonic 65ST50, the audio signal is sent to my receiver, a Pioneer VSX-94TXH.

I've tried the sending audio both as bitstream and PCM with no affect; the picture is just slightly ahead of the voice. This seems to be true on all blueray movies, last night I watched Bourne Supremacy and really noticed it. I haven't noticed if it also occurs on SD DVD.

Is this likely a problem with the BDP-62 or more likely to be the receiver? I've downloaded the latest firmware for the receiver and plan to apply it this weekend, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem when using both HDMI ports?

Thanks!

Can't say as I've only used the main HDMI port straight to the receiver. I had a 94TXH in my system and unless work for a service center downloading a service firmware was for the shop only which made it a pain to unhook, take in, or ship out for some.
post #171 of 825
I had that problem too. But I can't remember what the settings were. It was when I first bought it and I was learning the settings. Right now, I am running separate HDMI , with the 62 HDMI OUT set to PCM.
post #172 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartok55 View Post

I just purchased the BDP-62 as an upgrade to a BDP-23 player. I'm very happy with the overall build quality but I've notice a problem with the synchronization between the voice and picture when the unit sends separate signals via HDMI....last night I watched Bourne Supremacy and really noticed it. I haven't noticed if it also occurs on SD DVD.

Sync is off on Bourne Supremacy. It was off on the HDDVD, so I purchased the blu-ray (latest version) and was frustrated to find it no different.

Be sure to test for sync with another title.
post #173 of 825
I think my eyes were lying to me, when I started playing around with settings it appears the sound was actually ahead of the picture, not the other way.

I went into my AVR adjustments and increased audio delay from 0 to about 1/30 of a second. That seems to have improved perceived delay but I may have to adjust it more. It seems consistent for all movies.

Regarding the firmware update, I've been able to download the latest firmware for the VSX-94 and the program to update it. Now I've just got to find a computer with a serial port on it .. they're as rare as hen's teeth nowadays.
post #174 of 825
I just picked a BDP-62FD from Best Buy last night. First disc I popped in was the new blu-ray of Raiders of the Lost Ark. The unit started to roar like an outboard motor. I chapter skipped, and the sound decreased further into the disc as the RPMs decreased, but still too loud to be acceptable. Tried a Criterion disc that played fine. Then I loaded all the Indiana Jones films in succession–they all made the same horrible noise. Lawrence of Arabia was noisy, too, but not as bad.

Can anyone try Indiana Jones in their 62 and tell me if it's just mine?

BTW, all of these discs have been, and still are, quiet in my BDP-05.

EDIT: Just put in Mad Men Season 1, disc 1. Same racket. Obviously the drive is no good.
Edited by nealgrof - 1/18/13 at 12:37pm
post #175 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealgrof View Post

I just picked a BDP-62FD from Best Buy last night. First disc I popped in was the new blu-ray of Raiders of the Lost Ark. The unit started to roar like an outboard motor. I chapter skipped, and the sound decreased further into the disc as the RPMs decreased, but still too loud to be acceptable. Tried a Criterion disc that played fine. Then I loaded all the Indiana Jones films in succession–they all made the same horrible noise. Lawrence of Arabia was noisy, too, but not as bad.

Can anyone try Indiana Jones in their 62 and tell me if it's just mine?

BTW, all of these discs have been, and still are, quiet in my BDP-05.

EDIT: Just put in Mad Men Season 1, disc 1. Same racket. Obviously the drive is no good.

Mine is completely quiet. Return / exchange it.
post #176 of 825
I noticed when I had mine set to 1080 24p the audio was not synced. My TV, (Sony Bravia) and Receiver (Pioneer Elite SC-55) are both capable of 1080 24p? Try turning 24p off if was previously on.
post #177 of 825
I have mine set now to 24p and there is no problem. I verified the sync with my Disney WoW disc and both bitstream and pcm are dead on. If I get the condition again, I will try to isolate it. I have a SC-55 too.
Edited by Mamiya7ii - 1/21/13 at 11:57am
post #178 of 825
Weird pulses.

I took away the second hdmi cable and am running DUAL on the blu ray player. I get a strange annoying pulse over the speakers when turning on Anyone else?

I'm going back to two hdmi cables. It seems like some kind of handshake between the player and the receiver.
Edited by Mamiya7ii - 1/21/13 at 7:46pm
post #179 of 825
To all experiencing lock up issues........Don't connect the network cable until a new firmware is released. This is an issue that Pioneer is well aware of and is working on a fix.
post #180 of 825
I have experienced no sync issues with any new BD titles. Running 62FD to SC-63 audio HDMI to avr and video HDMI to Panasic TC-P65VT50
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › AVS Owner's thread for the pioneer elite bdp-62fd..