or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › AVS Owner's thread for the pioneer elite bdp-62fd..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AVS Owner's thread for the pioneer elite bdp-62fd.. - Page 14

post #391 of 825
Just want to update everyone that my lip snyc problems with the 62 have been resolved. It seems that I accidently turned the automatic (A.auto) lip sync feature off some time ago and never knew. I turned it back on and the problem has been resolved.

Thanks everyone.

The BDP-62FD rocks in my set up.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #392 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

Most of the time it "fixes" the machine but still around once a week or once every two weeks the problem comes back.

You can just hook your power cord to a switch. At the end of the day before you go to bed, switch it off, in the morning, switch it back on. Or one of client is using a timer that powers off the machine at 3am and turn it back on at 7am.

Yikes... I guess you won't be recommending this machine to any other clients wink.gif
post #393 of 825
New owner here. This player seems to upconvert DVDs better than my Sony S790. But on Blu-rays, I noticed that the Pioneer has a slight problem with vertical line "Shimmer". "Dr. No" Blu-ray seems to exhibit artifacts like "shimmering" shrubs and when we first see Bond at the casino, the curtains in the background "shimmer" when the camera pans. The Sony doesn't do this.
Any thoughts?
post #394 of 825
PS. All the ad content on the right side of this website really slows it down. HOW ANNOYING! Can this be minimized??
post #395 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post

Just want to update everyone that my lip snyc problems with the 62 have been resolved. It seems that I accidently turned the automatic (A.auto) lip sync feature off some time ago and never knew. I turned it back on and the problem has been resolved.

Thanks everyone.

The BDP-62FD rocks in my set up.

Is this in the set up menu?
post #396 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny44 View Post

Krutsch,

I just turned on quick start this evening and reconnected the LAN.
I won't know until tomorrow evening if it helped. It becomes unresponsive
after about a day. So far it appears the 53, 62 and the 150 are experiencing
the problem.

FYI, turning on quick start seems to have prevented the problem.
It's to early to tell but it looks promising. I have always had the
problem after the player sits for 24 hours and tonight it worked
without having to unplug the power cord.
I suggest anyone else having this problem email pioneer, hopefully
It will be fixed in a future F/W release.
post #397 of 825
Yes the ads are horrible. I prefer viewing on a mobile device, much leaner and faster.

QuickStart workaround seems counterintuitive. With most devices made on Earth a cold reboot is good for them. Weird but happy if it works for you.
post #398 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVfile View Post

Yes the ads are horrible. I prefer viewing on a mobile device, much leaner and faster.

QuickStart workaround seems counterintuitive. With most devices made on Earth a cold reboot is good for them. Weird but happy if it works for you.

With the player in standby, the software still has to monitor the IR and front panel buttons.
It sounds like this SW is crashing after a period of time while in standby, which requires the cold reboot.
With quick start OFF, the LAN connections becomes active when the unit powers on.
With quick start ON, the LAN connection remain active (and monitored) in standby mode which seemes to prevent the crash or delay it. (To early to tell but so far so good)
post #399 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny44 View Post

With the player in standby, the software still has to monitor the IR and front panel buttons.
It sounds like this SW is crashing after a period of time while in standby, which requires the cold reboot.
With quick start OFF, the LAN connections becomes active when the unit powers on.
With quick start ON, the LAN connection remain active (and monitored) in standby mode which seemes to prevent the crash or delay it. (To early to tell but so far so good)

Good... glad this is working for you now. I went back to QuickStart because of the time delays in getting the network up and running when I want to watch Netflix. And, as I mentioned before, iControlAV2012 works better if it can always detect both the AVR and the BDP on startup.

Given that QuickStart is the default setting, it makes sense that disabling that would expose a F/W defect that slipped by Pioneer's software team. I hope they fix this issue - it sounds like some folks are going to e-mail Pioneer with an update.
post #400 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes View Post

Is this in the set up menu?

Hello bokes,

Its the A.Delay or Auto Delay feature (on or off) in the SC-57 menu or any Pioneer receiver since the VSX-92/94 Elite receiver/model year or Pioneer 2007/2008 model year receivers.

For it to work all connected components must be HDMI 1.3a or higher. If lip sync problems persist due to a component being pre HDMI 1.3a or for any other reason, thats when you turn the feature off and adjust the delay setting in increments till audio and video sync problems are eliminated.

Take care
post #401 of 825
Maybe this firmware could explain why just one vendor, BB, had a bunch of them shipped to stores for a half price sale? Last I checked my BB still had all or almost all that were shipped to them, makes me think a second bigger sale might be in the future.

I was thinking the incremental release and incompatibility of HDMI, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 etc 4k displays showing up, excellent time to not buy anything.
post #402 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeford View Post

Maybe this firmware could explain why just one vendor, BB, had a bunch of them shipped to stores for a half price sale? Last I checked my BB still had all or almost all that were shipped to them, makes me think a second bigger sale might be in the future.

I was thinking the incremental release and incompatibility of HDMI, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 etc 4k displays showing up, excellent time to not buy anything.

It's always an excellent time not to buy anything rolleyes.gif

When was the last time you bought anything and then rolled your eyes six months later, because either the price dropped or the one with the features you really wanted was just released.

FWIW, my local BB out of stock on the unit (Magnolia design center), but some of the other stores have them - all for $399.00.
post #403 of 825
HI Guys Im a new owner from Australia & as you guys know it is called BDP-450. It has only been out here for a couple of months & Its RRP is $499au.
The OPPO 103 is $699au but I got my pioneer for $399au. So far my first impressions after a week are very good, the drive is a little noisey when first loading but apart from that all good. I have not noticed any lipsync problems. I have it connected via the separate HDMI'S to my Yamaha RXV-3800 receiver
& Panasonic GT30 plasma TV.
post #404 of 825
Morning, I bought two of these with the sale going on at BB (both at the same store). I ran into a weird issue last night. I was watching Disney's Brave and at the 5 minute and 12 second mark the Blu Ray player froze. Tried it several times and same effect. I took Brave and played it on the second Elite 62 and same exact thing, it froze at the 5:12 mark eek.gif.

The next test I did was play Brave on my Oppo 93 and it worked just fine.

I was able to fast forward past the 5:12 mark on the 62 with no issue and the movie continued to play. I was also able to watch the 3D version with no issue. I ALSO watched two other Blu Rays and no issues, one being another Disney movie. (Didn't watch the whole movie on all of them)

Strange? Do these players have a cache that can be cleared? Can or will someone else try Brave and see if you get the same issue?

Thanks for the help!
post #405 of 825
The issue with Brave has been mentioned many times. See post #200 of this thread for one workaround.
post #406 of 825
Thanks for the reply. That stinks and I see where the player locks on other movies but some report it's just the disc. I guess I will keep one of these players and move my Oppo back into the media room. The 62 is a great player but the Oppo seems to be more reliable at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamiya7ii View Post

Brave still locks up after the update. If you are desperate smile.gif to watch it, just use the 2.0 channel soundtrack and it plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el borak View Post

The issue with Brave has been mentioned many times. See post #200 of this thread for one workaround.
post #407 of 825
Keep in mind that the problem with Brave is not limited to this particular transport (or to Pioneers, for that matter). There are many reports of issues with this title freezing @ 5:12 with many different transports. See, for example, http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=210429, which mentions issues with both Panasonic & LG (though success with Sony).
post #408 of 825
I have the BD player set to bitstream and will try it with PCM as it seems Dolby True HD is the issue. Anybody else try this?

Thanks el borak!
post #409 of 825
The best breakdown of the issue with Brave that I've found is in this thread.

Some players seem to have issues with the playlist branching used on this disc (note that there's a branch at 5:13). Some have their players freeze at certain branching points, others report audio dropouts, and some have no problems at all.
post #410 of 825
Thanks again for the help and link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el borak View Post

The best breakdown of the issue with Brave that I've found is in this thread.

Some players seem to have issues with the playlist branching used on this disc (note that there's a branch at 5:13). Some have their players freeze at certain branching points, others report audio dropouts, and some have no problems at all.
post #411 of 825
Hello, I just picked up my player last night from Best Buy in store for $199.00. The first two movies i tried were 3d, Avatar and Clash of the Titans. They both had play back problems, the picture would flash and it would lose audio for a few seconds then come back, or if you would pause it the picture would flash and shake. I have it connected directly to my Samsung Tv. After doing a firmware update it seems to be working fine now. But I like the player.
post #412 of 825
Is this deal for $199 still going on at Best Buy?

Thanks.
post #413 of 825
I picked one few days ago in a BB in Princeton NJ, but I think it really has to do with each shop's stock.
post #414 of 825
I just picked one up Friday for $198.00 at BB, brand new, here in Northern California.cool.gif
post #415 of 825
Has anyone found the SACD reading on this unit to be extremely sensitive? I purchased a 52 and 62 a couple weeks ago and am having difficulty with the sound dropping out / skipping at the same part of a couple SACD's. My first gen PS3 and my old Sony SACD player do not have trouble with the same tracks.
post #416 of 825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbear View Post

Has anyone found the SACD reading on this unit to be extremely sensitive? I purchased a 52 and 62 a couple weeks ago and am having difficulty with the sound dropping out / skipping at the same part of a couple SACD's. My first gen PS3 and my old Sony SACD player do not have trouble with the same tracks.
well , i had that issue with one disc ...but its just that one disc philip bailey ..soul jazz all the rest of my sacd,s play just fine..
post #417 of 825
This player really does well with upscaling standard DVDs. One question. Does the power on light ever turn red? It looks like it's either blue (on) or completely off?
post #418 of 825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboo2u View Post

This player really does well with upscaling standard DVDs. One question. Does the power on light ever turn red? It looks like it's either blue (on) or completely off?
nop....
post #419 of 825
It
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwyzard View Post

Is this deal for $199 still going on at Best Buy?

Thanks.

It is in Orlando, FL. Just saw a stack of them in the front of the Magnolia section
post #420 of 825
I'm interested in picking up the Pioneer 62fd, but was looking for opinions/thoughts on that or the Sony S5100. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › AVS Owner's thread for the pioneer elite bdp-62fd..