or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › AVS Owner's thread for the pioneer elite bdp-62fd..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AVS Owner's thread for the pioneer elite bdp-62fd.. - Page 17

post #481 of 825
Is there a new FW update in the last month or so that I'm unaware of?

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #482 of 825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

Is there a new FW update in the last month or so that I'm unaware of?
not that i know of ...david
post #483 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

Is there a new FW update in the last month or so that I'm unaware of?

Not likely if you have a LAN connection into the player and haven't set the automatic notification to off.
post #484 of 825
Ver 2.09

CHANGE HISTORY:
- Enhances BD-ROM playability
- Performance improvement

I don't know the date of this release but I think there has only been one update since the original factory firmware was released with this player.

However, it would be great if they could release one more to make this player more stable. I think most of us owners could agree with the stability issue. It does have its quirks.

I'm enjoying mine, however, it would be nice if the remote could be more responsive to commands given to it but in general I'm very happy with the performance of the 62 and it has become my main player in my home theater set up.
Edited by Edllguy - 6/23/13 at 9:18pm
post #485 of 825
2.09 was old and have made some players suffer from audio sync problem. I'm lucky I don't have this problem but many of my clients (a lot of people in this forum) are having this problem.
post #486 of 825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

2.09 was old and have made some players suffer from audio sync problem. I'm lucky I don't have this problem but many of my clients (a lot of people in this forum) are having this problem.
i have been talking to pioneer about ..that and it seems that we need a bit more folks ..to email pioneer ...to get them to do something ...
post #487 of 825
Pioneer Canada is now useless when it comes to CS and the product specialist onlyknow about what's written on the brochure rather than the actual day-to-day usage of the product. Wakamo at Pioneer US is now only dealing with the rah-rah "we have a new poduct" rather than dealing with product support unlike the yesteryears.

This may just be my last Pioneer BD product. Pioneer have made me look like a fool for higly reommendin their BD players to my clients (I don't have a store, I'm just a consultant / designer / calibrator).
post #488 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

Can anyone confirm if they have had success playing blu ray backed up on hard drives, 1:1 no compression created with a program like make MKV or Handbrake, with DTS HD or Dolby HD without issue?

I've read conflicting things.

I'd really like to pickup this player but would want the media playback features to work without issue since I'd be using this player primarily as a unit to play BluRay and DVD backed up on hard drive and NAS.

If lossless playback of DTS HD is an issue I think going with a cheaper player and a Dune might be a better option.

For media streaming I think I can get away with using my Xbox 360 and Vudu/Xbox/ etc.....

Confirmed. You need to know what you are doing (i.e. do your homework), but I continue to love this player for the above reason.
post #489 of 825
hey guys I picked this up at Best Buy for $179 yesterday at the Brick NJ store. I'll set it up this weekend to see about the different quirks I've seen mentioned.
Before I open it and to try and avoid the BB return hassle if I decide these are deal breakers (most likely not) I have two questions

in a previous post in this thread someone mentioned he couldn't FF tracks on a cd. it's this a hardware bug for all of the players or just one individual bug.

second, a review on another website mentioned that this player will not close the tray just by powering off. is this incorrect or has it been fixed

thanks
Edited by trenz1 - 7/4/13 at 9:14am
post #490 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenz1 View Post

hey guys I picked this up at Best Buy for $179 yesterday at the Brick NJ store. I'll set it up this weekend to see about the different quirks I've seen mentioned.
Before I open it and to try and avoid the BB return hassle if I decide these are deal breakers (most likely not) I have two questions

in a previous post in this thread someone mentioned he couldn't FF tracks on a cd. it's this a hardware bug for all of the players or just one individual bug.

second, a review on another website mentioned that this player will not close the tray just by powering off. is this incorrect or has it been fixed

thanks


Mine does not close when I press Power.

not sure on the FF on a cd I only use it for Bluray and Streaming
post #491 of 825
Thank you
post #492 of 825
Hello I'm trying to play dsotm and not getting the 5.1 version? What am I'm doing wrong? Thanks
post #493 of 825
What is "dsotm"?
post #494 of 825
Dark Side of the Moon
post #495 of 825
OIC. Sorry, don't have that disc so I can't test it for you. Have your tried going to the disc's setup and choose 5.1? Sometimes it defaults to 2.0
post #496 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenz1 View Post

Dark Side of the Moon
post #497 of 825
David, yes i tried but it would not let me do the 5.1 version. Just the 2 channel one. Any other suggestions? May be I should do a reboot? Thanks pat
post #498 of 825
Stupid suggestîon: have you make sure that your audio output is set to Bitstream under both audio and HDMI settings in the player's setup menu? That's the only thing I can think off (other than plugging off and plugging the player back on)
post #499 of 825
I would have to check the directions, but I think you have to choose which version you want to listen to when there is no disc in the player.
post #500 of 825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patwho View Post

Hello I'm trying to play dsotm and not getting the 5.1 version? What am I'm doing wrong? Thanks

hey..i am not sure what u doing wrong...but when you insert the disc into the player ..and the player loads the disc ..after opening sequence ..the play /settings.. menu comes up ..go to settings and you can select the options for audio... now all these options are on the disc... the player needs to be set to bitstream... if you have the player set up right..then check your AVR...
Edited by pioneertop - 7/11/13 at 6:18am
post #501 of 825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamiya7ii View Post

I would have to check the directions, but I think you have to choose which version you want to listen to when there is no disc in the player.
..ahh..no the options for audio playback is on the disc he has to insert the disc before he can make any selection for playback options...am not sure but i think he has to check his AVR..
post #502 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by patwho View Post

David, yes i tried but it would not let me do the 5.1 version. Just the 2 channel one. Any other suggestions? May be I should do a reboot? Thanks pat

I am assuming you are playing the SACD version... put in the disc, press STOP on the remote, wait for the disc to stop and then press the CD/SACD button repeatedly until you see SACD MCH in the display. Then press play.

Look at page 28 in the manual for more info.

EDIT: and, yes, make sure you are using an HDMI connection out from the player to an AVR that (hopefully) supports DSD directly. Otherwise, you should be able to use LPCM out from HDMI and still get multi-channel playback.
post #503 of 825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutsch View Post

I am assuming you are playing the SACD version... put in the disc, press STOP on the remote, wait for the disc to stop and then press the CD/SACD button repeatedly until you see SACD MCH in the display. Then press play.

Look at page 28 in the manual for more info.

EDIT: and, yes, make sure you are using an HDMI connection out from the player to an AVR that (hopefully) supports DSD directly. Otherwise, you should be able to use LPCM out from HDMI and still get multi-channel playback.

hello mr Krutsch how are you ?.
post #504 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneertop View Post

hello mr Krutsch how are you ?.

No too shabby...

I've been doing a lot of Head-Fi lately, but getting ready to move (again) and relishing the chance to re-swizzle my home theater, living room 2-channel and work desk setups cool.gif

I've set as a goal not buy a single, new thing and just juggle old/semi-old stuff to fill out all three locations. We'll see if I can be that disciplined rolleyes.gif
post #505 of 825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutsch View Post

No too shabby...

I've been doing a lot of Head-Fi lately, but getting ready to move (again) and relishing the chance to re-swizzle my home theater, living room 2-channel and work desk setups cool.gif

I've set as a goal not buy a single, new thing and just juggle old/semi-old stuff to fill out all three locations. We'll see if I can be that disciplined rolleyes.gif

wow ... what a coincident..am not moving ...but i to have the system down at the moment building a new one from the ground up...new components..new layout and this time 2-channel will be the focus

i'll keep you on top of ...things as the work progress ...by the way ..are you leaving the state ? or just to a new location...
post #506 of 825
Hello thanks for the replies, I have a pioneer SC 55 and its still not showing muti channel version. I did what the suggestion were. Do you think my pioneer blue ray player is broken. Thanks Pat
post #507 of 825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patwho View Post

Hello thanks for the replies, I have a pioneer SC 55 and its still not showing muti channel version. I did what the suggestion were. Do you think my pioneer blue ray player is broken. Thanks Pat
is it a bluray movie ..or sacd cd ? anyway i dont think that the player is broken ..i need you send a bit more info on how you have setup the player and the AVR..
post #508 of 825
It might be a setting on the SC55 that is not setup properly?
post #509 of 825
Hello it's a sacd. It shows sacd on my tv, but just 2 channel even though I entered the multi channel. I went through the sc55 and it seems ok. Few weeks ago I played the Kinks sacd and the reciever displayed sacd but now it does not. Thanks pat it's late
post #510 of 825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patwho View Post

Hello it's a sacd. It shows sacd on my tv, but just 2 channel even though I entered the multi channel. I went through the sc55 and it seems ok. Few weeks ago I played the Kinks sacd and the reciever displayed sacd but now it does not. Thanks pat it's late

ok its a sacd..good now keep in mind that not all sacd's are multi-channel some are stereo..on the bdp-62 make sure you set the audio out to bitstream also the hdmi out to bitstream to..now the AVR ..make sure you have the BD input set to hdmi...once all these settings are right..then i think you may have( i dont know just saying ) just a stereo version of the sacd...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › AVS Owner's thread for the pioneer elite bdp-62fd..