or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Kindly Advise - Best Buy display model yamaha RX A 3010/2010 BL?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kindly Advise - Best Buy display model yamaha RX A 3010/2010 BL?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Display model of Yamaha's

RX-A 2010 model for $800+ Tax (accessories not sure)

At electronics expo brand new 2010 goes for $940 with shipping

RX-A 3010 model for $965 + Tax ( big remote only all other accessories like small remote, YPAO mic, FM/AM antenna are missing)

At electronics expo brand new 3010 goes for $1350 with shipping

Never bought a floor (display) model. Please guide me.

Thanks
post #2 of 10
No opinion on the price, but every display model I've bought from BB has carried the full warranty -- so it's just like buying a new receiver. That is, assuming you can get all the accessories. However, I've always been able to convince the sales people to give me all the accessories I need, even if they come from the current display models. I.e., "I was in here yesterday and the guy told me that he would give me a working remote and microphone ..."

I don't think I'd buy either model without the big remote and setup mic (unless you already have them, of course ...)
post #3 of 10
I just purchased a demo Onkyo tx-sr709 a few weeks back from BB. It was missing the remote and audyssey setup mic. I got them to lower their asking price and they are ordering a new remote and mic. The only drawback is that this was about 3 weeks ago and still have not received it. So if you can get them to lower the price of the receiver by the amount it would cost for a remote and other missing accessories and just order them yourself, you should get them a lot faster.wink.gif
post #4 of 10
I wouldn't buy it unless it has the primary accessories..
The replacement costs for a microphone and remote controls are inflated from the brand and Best Buy will not pay the higher cost.

Best bet is to push the floor guy in the blue shirt to pull the accessories out of another similar model..

Just my $0.02... wink.gif
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hi All, Thanks for your time and suggestions. Finally, I just bought Yamaha 3010 display model for $966 + tax = $1027. Is it good? They also told me that I will get 3 years warranty like a new one and a 30 day return policy also applies.

This thing came with a Big remote only but no small remote was given. I also did not get the original mic and FM and AM antenna's as well. The mic they gave me has a Yamaha logo but it is not original one (I know because I saw RX-A 2010 mic). I tried with this mic and looks to be working fine and also gave an error stating "W1: out of phase". I am stuck. There is no sound coming from the sub as well in the test tones. I feel stuck.

My set up:

3 x Klipsch Gallery G-28 (Front: Right, Center and Left)
4 x Klipsch Gallery G-16 (surround left and right + Surround Back Left and right)

1 sub woofer" Klipsch SW311

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

I will post my problem as a separate thread.

Thanks
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturoses View Post

Hi All, Thanks for your time and suggestions. Finally, I just bought Yamaha 3010 display model for $966 + tax = $1027. Is it good? They also told me that I will get 3 years warranty like a new one and a 30 day return policy also applies.
This thing came with a Big remote only but no small remote was given. I also did not get the original mic and FM and AM antenna's as well. The mic they gave me has a Yamaha logo but it is not original one (I know because I saw RX-A 2010 mic). I tried with this mic and looks to be working fine and also gave an error stating "W1: out of phase". I am stuck. There is no sound coming from the sub as well in the test tones. I feel stuck.
My set up:
3 x Klipsch Gallery G-28 (Front: Right, Center and Left)
4 x Klipsch Gallery G-16 (surround left and right + Surround Back Left and right)
1 sub woofer" Klipsch SW311
Is there anything I am doing wrong?
I will post my problem as a separate thread.
Thanks

I would verify if that mic is compatible with your receiver. Even though it is a Yamaha mic it may not be calibrated for the model receiver. Double check your speaker wire polarity. Your speaker wire may be reversed at the speaker or receiver. I do not have a Yamaha receiver so i am not familiar with the setup menu so i am not sure why there is no output to the sub.

Hope this helps
post #7 of 10
The out of phase error is common. I've gotten it with YPAO and audyssey. It usually occurs when the mic is much closer to the left speaker than the right or vice versa. Of course, It could also mean you wired a speaker wrong.

I've always had trouble getting the sub to work with Yamaha. It seems like the out of the box settings default to not using a powered sub. I would play around with the menu or look at the manual (If you got one), and see if you can get the sub working.
post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatee View Post

I would verify if that mic is compatible with your receiver. Even though it is a Yamaha mic it may not be calibrated for the model receiver. Double check your speaker wire polarity. Your speaker wire may be reversed at the speaker or receiver. I do not have a Yamaha receiver so i am not familiar with the setup menu so i am not sure why there is no output to the sub.
Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHorn View Post

The out of phase error is common. I've gotten it with YPAO and audyssey. It usually occurs when the mic is much closer to the left speaker than the right or vice versa. Of course, It could also mean you wired a speaker wrong.
I've always had trouble getting the sub to work with Yamaha. It seems like the out of the box settings default to not using a powered sub. I would play around with the menu or look at the manual (If you got one), and see if you can get the sub working.

Hi, Good morning. Thank you both for your replies. I did the following:

1. Though, I get sound from all the speakers really loud from all the speaker end, i.e., red into red and and black into black,
2. I will check the mic compatibility with Yamaha tech support (last night, I was on the phone for exactly 38 mins 41 secs and gave up but I will call them now after I finish typing)
3. My mic is at least 12-15 feet away on a wooden tripod like (http://clarksoutdoorchairs.com/library/P10100052.JPG) from the speakers and I am putting in the middle as far as I can tell. I will try again.


Before getting into RX-A 3010, I tried two 2010's and both had the same issues. In order to trouble shoot, I was with Yamaha and Klipsch tech engineers (level 2) for hours and hours together but no luck and hence returned both the units as suggested by Yamaha. My home theater bundle originally came with Harman Kardon AVR 2650 and it had no problems with the sub woofer at all. My sub woofer used to exhibit all it's thundering power when required shaking my walls and windows needless to say the wooden floor. I do not hear anything now and I always try to hear it.

Is there anything I am missing?
Thanks to all.
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
BTW, bought Yamaha 3010 display model for $966 + tax = $1027. Is it good price?

They also told me that I will get 3 years warranty like a new one and a 30 day return policy also applies.

Thanks
post #10 of 10
Naturoses,

I have a yamaha 3010 and getting same issues "w-1 out of phase but manual says its possibe after calibration. To set up the subwoofer output:
1. Go to set up
2. Select manual
3. Choose configuration of your speakers or at least the fronts to "large"
4. Turn on Subwoofer to "On"

You may do this after doing the calibration using the Automatic set up.

It's in the manual FYI

Enjoy!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Kindly Advise - Best Buy display model yamaha RX A 3010/2010 BL?