Originally Posted by jake51
I have a weird question
Am I the only one who gets channel bleed, that is the signal from the front right speaker bleeds a little into the right surround speaker?
Example: If the telephone rings on the right side of the screen in a movie, the sound should be in the front right speaker only
But it is there also in the surround speaker
This doesn't happen with the left side speakers (front/surround)
The quickest way to see if it is the receiver or not is rather quite simple:
PROBLEM: Front Right channel can be heard on Surround Right channel.
SOLUTION: Easy first, process of elimination second.
1) Run test tone, when test tone is on Front Right can it be heard in Surround Right?
2) If yes, disconnect everything from receiver except Surround Right and power.
3) Run test tone on Front Right, can it be heard in Surround Right?
4) If yes, disconnect everything from receiver, connect a 3 foot speaker wire to the Surround Right channel and a speaker (from left side, with no problems).
5) Connect power, run test tone on Front Right, if the Surround Right is making noise, the receiver needs repair, if not, its something else.
Let us know where it fails.