or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2012 NFL Week 3 - Television Coverage Maps, NFL ST, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2012 NFL Week 3 - Television Coverage Maps, NFL ST, etc. - Page 2

post #31 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

So does anyone think the FCC will fine NBC for airing a broadcast where the crowd is chanting "bullsh*t" repeatedly? Hilarious!

Only if someone complains, which you just know someone will.
post #32 of 87
I don't see the FCC coming in here because it was something that NBC has absolutely no control over. Something like Al of Chris saying bull***** is the stuff that they can control. Chants from non-employees are not something that the FCC will control.

Sorta reminds me of WWE television years ago. Stone Cold Steve Austin used to point out to Vince McMahon that "you got about 20,000 people calling you an *******" each week.
post #33 of 87
That was a wild game between DET and TEN, and I had no idea that the OT rules were changed for the regular season now allowing each team an equal possesion.
post #34 of 87
What is with CBS and the need to have the crowd noise, music, and other fanfare so loud that you can’t hear the announcers speak? I listen to the Skins radio broadcast so it really doesn’t matter to me, but I do like to hear what the network announcers have to say prior to the game and couldn’t believe how loud the background noise was.
post #35 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

I got a chuckle out of that... the chants continued for quite some time, and you could tell Al and Chris were struggling to ignore them. They are, after all, commentators.

I'd swear Michaels said something like "that's the loudest chant for manure I've ever heard". And I think it was indeed the loudest I've ever, but far from the only time I've heard "BS" during a sports game on TV.

That was indeed a poorly refereed game. And the hat thrown on the field that a Cowboys player slipped on, that could have cause injury. Come on NFL.
post #36 of 87
Wonder what the fine (and hopefully a suspension) will be for Bill Belichick grabbing the official after the game?

He's such a classy guy when he loses... biggrin.gif

Yes, the officiating was bad- but it goes both ways- not just against Bill's team...
post #37 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

So does anyone think the FCC will fine NBC for airing a broadcast where the crowd is chanting "bullsh*t" repeatedly? Hilarious!

I love it when announcers acknowledge the chant. But no, the FCC wont do a thing. This happens at least once a week at a televised sporting event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Wonder what the fine (and hopefully a suspension) will be for Bill Belichick grabbing the official after the game?
He's such a classy guy when he loses... biggrin.gif
Yes, the officiating was bad- but it goes both ways- not just against Bill's team...

Doesn't matter that it goes both ways. His job as a coach is to represent the concerns of HIS team. My view is that whatever penalty a player would get for doing something like that is what a coach should get.

With that said, though, the NFL has become a joke. The refs are ruining games. And unfortunately that's not just me being hyperbolic.
post #38 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepier View Post

That was a wild game between DET and TEN, and I had no idea that the OT rules were changed for the regular season now allowing each team an equal possesion.
See, you got to keep up with the rule changes. It was in use in the playoffs last season (see Steelers/Broncos) and is now part of all games (regular and playoffs) this season.
post #39 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

See, you got to keep up with the rule changes. It was in use in the playoffs last season (see Steelers/Broncos) and is now part of all games (regular and playoffs) this season.
Partially correct. They are extending the playoff overtime rule to the regular season only as long as the replacement refs are doing the games.

Somehow I think that before long we will see the HS/college overtime rule come to the National Football League.
post #40 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmking12370 View Post

Partially correct. They are extending the playoff overtime rule to the regular season only as long as the replacement refs are doing the games.
Somehow I think that before long we will see the HS/college overtime rule come to the National Football League.

Are you sure about that? If so, that's pretty bizarre. Whats the reasoning behind it?

No mention of going back to the old sudden death rules there:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827ecefd/article/owners-vote-to-adopt-playoff-ot-rules-in-regular-season
post #41 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Wonder what the fine (and hopefully a suspension) will be for Bill Belichick grabbing the official after the game?
He's such a classy guy when he loses... biggrin.gif
Yes, the officiating was bad- but it goes both ways- not just against Bill's team...

He didn't grab an official. He grabbed someone masquerading as an official. smile.gif
post #42 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

See, you got to keep up with the rule changes. It was in use in the playoffs last season (see Steelers/Broncos) and is now part of all games (regular and playoffs) this season.

"Would have been" in use. Unfortunately, the Steelers didn't get a chance to actually use the new format. frown.gifmad.gif
post #43 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post

Are you sure about that? If so, that's pretty bizarre. Whats the reasoning behind it?
No mention of going back to the old sudden death rules there:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827ecefd/article/owners-vote-to-adopt-playoff-ot-rules-in-regular-season

Don't think he's correct. They planned all along (before the Ref lockout) to implement the playoff overtime rules from last year to regular season games. No reason to switch back when the refs return.
post #44 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmking12370 View Post

Partially correct. They are extending the playoff overtime rule to the regular season only as long as the replacement refs are doing the games.
Somehow I think that before long we will see the HS/college overtime rule come to the National Football League.

This isn't true. The league owners voted for the playoff OT rules to come to the regular season way back in March. Long before they knew the season would be using replacement refs.
post #45 of 87
i need to reply to rboster about a thread i started. i am rviele and i started that thread to comment on an item and didn't think it was proper to put it in the schedule section. thank you for listening.
rjv
post #46 of 87
Darrius Heyward-Bey was released from the hospital today, suffered a concussion and a stiff neck.

By the way, no penalty was called on this play. He appears to be out cold before he even hits the ground.

The Refs Didn't Call A Penalty On This Illegal Hit That Left A Raiders Player Unconscious




Check out this horror show of referee screwups, the crack-back block to the head and the throwing of the hat are just astounding,

REF-POCALYPSE: The 11 Worst Blunders Made By NFL Replacement Refs So Far



Edited by keenan - 9/24/12 at 1:39pm
post #47 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by yimitz View Post

He didn't grab an official. He grabbed someone masquerading as an official. smile.gif
Yeah it's getting pretty bad- The Jets got burned on a critical Dolphins (non) catch that was clearly showed during the "under review" replay to have hit the ground- and was still not overturned eek.gif
post #48 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Darrius Heyward-Bey was released from the hospital today, suffered a concussion and a stiff neck.
By the way, no penalty was called on this play. He appears to be out cold before he even hits the ground.
The Refs Didn't Call A Penalty On This Illegal Hit That Left A Raiders Player Unconscious

Check out this horror show of referee screwups, the crack-back block to the head and the throwing of the hat are just astounding,
REF-POCALYPSE: The 11 Worst Blunders Made By NFL Replacement Refs So Far

The slo-mo of the crack back block showed that Tate hit Lee in the chest with his shoulder and side of the head and took him off his feet - a perfect block. It only became a problem because when Lee buckled, his facemask came down on top of Tate's helmet. Even Lee said he got hit square in the chest. Goodell of course, erred on the side of the fine.

The travesty on that play wasn't the non-call on Tate, it was the call on the sideline for a hit that applied about as much force as you use when performing CPR on an infant.
post #49 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepier View Post

That was a wild game between DET and TEN, and I had no idea that the OT rules were changed for the regular season now allowing each team an equal possesion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

See, you got to keep up with the rule changes. It was in use in the playoffs last season (see Steelers/Broncos) and is now part of all games (regular and playoffs) this season.

Hum youre not keeping up either....it isnt equal possesion.

If the team with the ball 1st in OT gets a TD the game is over & the other team doesnt get the ball at all.
post #50 of 87
How come when SNF goes to commercial all they play is old music....its like they think the audience is only 60 year old white guys.

Can we get some hits from the last 10 years at least.

No wonder NBC is such a dog network.
post #51 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

How come when SNF goes to commercial all they play is old music....its like they think the audience is only 60 year old white guys.
Can we get some hits from the last 10 years at least.
No wonder NBC is such a dog network.

Because nobody has made any music worth playing since the mid-80's. biggrin.gif
post #52 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

How come when SNF goes to commercial all they play is old music....its like they think the audience is only 60 year old white guys.
Can we get some hits from the last 10 years at least.
No wonder NBC is such a dog network.
?

I coulda sworn I heard "Call Me Maybe" last night. You don't get much more opposite of 60's than that.
post #53 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

How come when SNF goes to commercial all they play is old music....its like they think the audience is only 60 year old white guys.
Can we get some hits from the last 10 years at least.
No wonder NBC is such a dog network.

Like ESPN's MNF is so youthful, playing nothing but Stones tunes.

I like almost no mainstream music from the last decade and a half or so. "Old people music" sure beats the hell out of Jay Z or Rihanna or whatever the kids are listening to these days. I sound like an old man at 32 rolleyes.gif
post #54 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

The slo-mo of the crack back block showed that Tate hit Lee in the chest with his shoulder and side of the head and took him off his feet - a perfect block. It only became a problem because when Lee buckled, his facemask came down on top of Tate's helmet. Even Lee said he got hit square in the chest. Goodell of course, erred on the side of the fine.
The travesty on that play wasn't the non-call on Tate, it was the call on the sideline for a hit that applied about as much force as you use when performing CPR on an infant.
I don't know, would have to see a full size image/replay of it, to me it still looks like he used his helmet as the initial point of contact.

I have to say though, it was sure nice to see the Raiders beat the Steelers yesterday, the world is once again as it should be. tongue.gif
post #55 of 87
The comment about them not playing current music is garbage. They've consistently played a healthy mix of rock, current and past, for as long as I can remember.
post #56 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I don't know, would have to see a full size image/replay of it, to me it still looks like he used his helmet as the initial point of contact.
I have to say though, it was sure nice to see the Raiders beat the Steelers yesterday, the world is once again as it should be. tongue.gif

Steelers lay an egg every time they head to the West Coast.
post #57 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

How come when SNF goes to commercial all they play is old music....its like they think the audience is only 60 year old white guys.

Can we get some hits from the last 10 years at least.

No wonder NBC is such a dog network.

I enjoy the variety. Not sure who picks it biggrin.gif, but I like it.

post #58 of 87
Another national showcase with bad officiating.
They call defensive pass interference on Green Bay's Sam Shields when Sidney Rice of Seattle is interfering with him.
The NFL needs to get the regular refs back.
Edited by icemannyr - 9/24/12 at 8:34pm
post #59 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemannyr View Post

Another national showcase with bad officiating.
They call defensive pass interference on Green Bay's Sam Shields when Sidney Rice of Seattle is interfering with him.
The NFL needs to get the regular refs back.
Very nice picture quality again though.
post #60 of 87
ESPN HD FiOS TV

Yes PQ is great.
That is not a Seattle TD.
F#©king awful.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2012 NFL Week 3 - Television Coverage Maps, NFL ST, etc.