or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Sony XBR-HX950 Owners' Thread (XBR-55HX9​50 and XBR-65HX95​0)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony XBR-HX950 Owners' Thread (XBR-55HX9​50 and XBR-65HX95​0) - Page 96

post #2851 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMRIZZO View Post

So true, so true.

Everybody is a genious,
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing its stupid. A. Einstein.

or, the butt you kick today, may just be the *ss you have to kiss tomorrow... aka Karma.

my 0.02... T.
post #2852 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryelinek View Post

Ah the threat of tossing out a lawsuit to get whatever a person thinks that they deserve. One of many things that ruins the great country that we live in today.

Always love hearing the complaints of I am so rich I buy so much stuff you can't afford to lose my business or I will go elsewhere and sue everyone I can blind. Once a problem comes up suddenly everyone is a millionaire with an army of lawyers at their side.

So I guess you're the business owner type that loves to sell the customer on a product and then call them back the next day and say that the price just went up $1,500 and if you don't want to do the deal then I'll just refund your money back. Yah, I totally love doing business with shady individuals/companies like that, NOT.

And for the record, I gave them 5 different attempts to back down and do the right thing. Not until I had to say that if they forced my hand and continued to do this, then I would let a 3rd party decide the matter in claims court. The rich don't need apply here as it is a small filing fee. So if paying around $50 makes me rich, then perhaps you shouldn't be on this thread looking and talking about 5k tv sets that are evidently beyond your reach financially. biggrin.gif
post #2853 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrettF77 View Post

So I guess you're the business owner type that loves to sell the customer on a product and then call them back the next day and say that the price just went up $1,500 and if you don't want to do the deal then I'll just refund your money back. Yah, I totally love doing business with shady individuals/companies like that, NOT.

And for the record, I gave them 5 different attempts to back down and do the right thing. Not until I had to say that if they forced my hand and continued to do this, then I would let a 3rd party decide the matter in claims court. The rich don't need apply here as it is a small filing fee. So if paying around $50 makes me rich, then perhaps you shouldn't be on this thread looking and talking about 5k tv sets that are evidently beyond your reach financially. biggrin.gif

I have one I got recently trust me. Put it this way, I am not a fan of people that want to sue the pants over everyone because its everyones fault but their own. It's not the salesperson fault that your TV had an issue after an entire year because you leave it running all day.

That type of attitude of privilege and wanting to sue everyone for their problems and not taking ownership is an issue. Hey its not my fault I leave my TV on all day long. Let me go back to where I got this TV over a year ago and make it their problem I did nothing wrong clearly.
post #2854 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMRIZZO View Post

There is a power button on the right side of the TV ( should be the top switch) when this is on the light on the front of the panel will show RED. this keeps a slight power supply to the inner circuits which allows it to keep it's memory thus allowing for quick turn-on because the TV does not have to re-load info necessary to be operational.
Hope this helps get you off to a speedier startup usually 10-15 seconds or less.

Yeah, my TV is on standby - the light is red when I turn it off.
Those 10-15 sec is the problem - I find it extremely annoying. My computer is faster coming out of sleep. Having to wait that long just to be able to change the input is a really poor design/implementation.

Thanks for trying to help though
post #2855 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_o_p View Post

Yeah, my TV is on standby - the light is red when I turn it off.
Those 10-15 sec is the problem - I find it extremely annoying. My computer is faster coming out of sleep. Having to wait that long just to be able to change the input is a really poor design/implementation.

Thanks for trying to help though

Mine takes about 10 seconds from turning it on to being able to change the input especially if I start pressing buttons instead of waiting a few seconds after it powers up.
post #2856 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryelinek View Post

I have one I got recently trust me. Put it this way, I am not a fan of people that want to sue the pants over everyone because its everyones fault but their own. It's not the salesperson fault that your TV had an issue after an entire year because you leave it running all day.

That type of attitude of privilege and wanting to sue everyone for their problems and not taking ownership is an issue. Hey its not my fault I leave my TV on all day long. Let me go back to where I got this TV over a year ago and make it their problem I did nothing wrong clearly.

Again, you're making statements without fact. You have no information on my usage and or habits in TV viewing. The store's magnolia manager said Plasma doesn't have IR or BI anymore. You have to do something incredibly offensive to the tv to make it have issues. I ran the break-in slides as I knew it was likely more prone to it at the beginning, no letterbox content for the next month, and no static images or sports for the first 6 months. Actually did it on both because I wanted to baby it. Six months in I find out there are dark spots despite my cautions, no static images, and come to find it was still a very real issue. The manufacturer even confirmed it to the store. And the store was notified of the issue within 4-6 months between the two tv sets that were doing this. It was a new phosphor that didn't ghost but as it aged allowed for more IR and BI. The only reason it got drug out so long was I had to buy LCD instead, and they wouldn't come down on the price for the Elite and Sony had discontinued the 929 in a 65". So I got it approved to let the time laps another 6 months and pull the trigger when the funds and product were available for a new set that my wife and I wanted as they refused to grant us a refund on the two sets.

I don't and have never sued anyone before, but I'm not adverse to it if all other options are exhausted. Is it abused by some, yes. Was I, no. So if you'd like to apologize, I'll happily accept it. But, if you still hold the same opinion as before, I can't help you there. Some just don't want to see through preconceived prejudices, and I'm familiar with that too. But when you make a large purchase and you do all the homework you can and rely upon "professionals" in a store to help you make an informed decision, then what else could you have done. If everyone was an expert, stores wouldn't need sales staff as much. You would just walk in and walk out with what you want and never consult a employee. But that isn't how it works.

It just irritates me when people presume to know everything when they obviously don't have the full story. Kind of like the news on TV. Just because you see something reported doesn't mean there isn't another side to the story. And those who automatically believe these things are the biggest fools of all. So please don't fall into that category.
post #2857 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_o_p View Post

Yeah, my TV is on standby - the light is red when I turn it off.
Those 10-15 sec is the problem - I find it extremely annoying. My computer is faster coming out of sleep. Having to wait that long just to be able to change the input is a really poor design/implementation.

Thanks for trying to help though

You mentioned earlier that you had several components hooked up to your TV. If you're able, disconnect all components except your cable or dish and see if that makes for a faster wake up time.
post #2858 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_o_p View Post

Yeah, my TV is on standby - the light is red when I turn it off.
Those 10-15 sec is the problem - I find it extremely annoying. My computer is faster coming out of sleep. Having to wait that long just to be able to change the input is a really poor design/implementation.

Thanks for trying to help though
I was referring to TV from off to on not changing inputs ? can't help you there. I use a harmony 1100 remote 1 button turns on my TV set input , turns on Cable box and turns on AVR and sets to Cable output and HDMI output??
post #2859 of 4483
Is there a wireless keyboard that anyone would recommend for internet use on this tv?

Thanks
post #2860 of 4483
Isn't this the 950 thread why are we hearing bickering of plasmas? Smart consumer would know no matter what type of plasmas you have they all have chance of ir supposedly the Samsung has better resistant to ir than the high consumer rated pannys.
post #2861 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2845 View Post

Is there a wireless keyboard that anyone would recommend for internet use on this tv?

Thanks

I have been looking for one that works but I don't believe any works you can use a iOS or android device to act as the keyboard and mouse though!
post #2862 of 4483
Sony has an iOS app called MediaRemote that can function as a keyboard to the tv.
post #2863 of 4483
I just picked up the 55" XBR. I got it at a disount place for $999 because it has a dent in the back. Picture seemed fine in the store, and looked like steal at the price.

I grabbed the 5 year extended warranty just in case I had any issues.

I'm not sure if I have one or not...did some searching and found this forum so figured it was worth a post.

When using the Pandora ap, and the icon is moving back and forth on the screen, it is easy to notice that there seems to be some "studdering" in the motion. It will be moving smoothly, and then it will seem to hesitate or jump a bit, move smooth, and then jump again. Only way I can think to describe it is a studder. Is this normal?

I can't seem to find any settings for the homescreen to adjust motionflow etc. This only seems to be an option for the various inputs.

Any ideas?

thanks
post #2864 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldondav View Post

Sony has an iOS app called MediaRemote that can function as a keyboard to the tv.

Thanks Sheldonav! smile.gif
post #2865 of 4483
Actually, there are some days when I just prefer the iOS app... A full keyboard at your fingertips is really nice...
post #2866 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by orijin View Post

Isn't this the 950 thread why are we hearing bickering of plasmas? Smart consumer would know no matter what type of plasmas you have they all have chance of ir supposedly the Samsung has better resistant to ir than the high consumer rated pannys.

The pioneer Kuru had no IR or very faint for like a few seconds. Panasonic supposedly bought the tech from Pioneer. When a new product comes out and claims are made, there is a possibility they were true in that manner. The trouble is many manufacturers these days are less than direct on the facts.
post #2867 of 4483
hi guys..dumb question but i'm still a rookie with the tech..about to get netflix so should i stream from my ps3, 790 br player or 950..i remember reading some posts in this thread about netflix and tv settings, so i didnt know which one was the best to use..also not to get off topic but do you guys think its worth paying the extra 10 bucks to have the netflix blu rays option or is the streaming enough content already? thanks for any info..
post #2868 of 4483
I have watched streaming with the 950 I use that. I haven't used my Xbox SLIM for streaming since I purchased the 950. I get the 3 blurays out at a time. I enjoy the blurays for the advanced audio codecs. That may change when and if NETFLIX starts streaming the HD audio. Since I have around 20K in audio equipment I want to use my system.
post #2869 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotv View Post

hi guys..dumb question but i'm still a rookie with the tech..about to get netflix so should i stream from my ps3, 790 br player or 950..i remember reading some posts in this thread about netflix and tv settings, so i didnt know which one was the best to use..also not to get off topic but do you guys think its worth paying the extra 10 bucks to have the netflix blu rays option or is the streaming enough content already? thanks for any info..

So far, I've found that streaming from Vudu provides me with the best picture and sound when watching the HDX versions. Now I make sure I redeem all of my UV digital copies through VUDU.
post #2870 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldondav View Post

Sony has an iOS app called MediaRemote that can function as a keyboard to the tv.

+1

Just downloaded on my iPhone. Works like a charm. The keyboard and ability to use it as a mouse will come in real handy. Will add to my iPad as well if it is compatible.
post #2871 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricker625 View Post

I just picked up the 55" XBR. I got it at a disount place for $999 because it has a dent in the back. Picture seemed fine in the store, and looked like steal at the price.
Some one stole a TV wink.gif
post #2872 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Some one stole a TV wink.gif

Ya got that right, provided the panel and electronics are unaffected, who gives a crap about the back, ya don't watch the back....unless your strange.
post #2873 of 4483
I purchased 3 more (making 6) of the Titanium 750 series 3d glasses. I've got a big head and the 250's hurt to wear. Here's the problem. I can't find these glasses many places now and the 3 new ones i just got have nicks or chipped lenses or one has some black blobs in the right lens that are viewable in the lens. First 3 are fine.

Is there any other place to buy these as I called sony about this today and spent 30 minutes with some yahoo in the Philippines who didn't understand what the problem was. 3 hours later I'm no further and now know why customer service is dead with so many companies and why I will hesitate before buying sony again. I'm being told to pay to ship them to Texas and have them inspected without knowing whether they have stock to replace them with. Truly a display of how idiotic sony customer service has become. Sorry for the rant, but I have other things to do than play phone tag with others overseas. Would just like another place that has them at below MSRP and is new.
post #2874 of 4483
Try the Sony on FaceBook...Sony I believe it is
post #2875 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

Try the Sony on FaceBook...Sony I believe it is

Sony Listens on Facebook is another way to get Sony's response, their pretty good there because they know it's being watched and in public view.
post #2876 of 4483
Here is the correct name on FaceBook-Sony Listens Smart Team Fan Club
post #2877 of 4483
Thanks, I posted. We'll see.
post #2878 of 4483
thanks guy for the tips..i was asking because some people were having problems punching in settings while watching netflix.....the only problem I have with vudu is the fact that i can rent blu rays from red box for a $1.30. vudu is like five or six bucks..
post #2879 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrettF77 View Post

Thanks, I posted. We'll see.

Barrett, thought you might like this link considering the issues you were having with vertical banding.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-reviews/lg-84lm9600-review/

Imagine if someone had to return 4 or 5 of these tvs.

Since vertical banding was such a widely covered topic here in the past, I thought people would find this link interesting.

Even with my overly picky standards, I'm sure most people would agree 2-3 inch vertical bands extending across the length of the entire screen albeit faintly is still atrocious.
post #2880 of 4483
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

Barrett, thought you might like this link considering the issues you were having with vertical banding.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-reviews/lg-84lm9600-review/

Imagine if someone had to return 4 or 5 of these tvs.

Since vertical banding was such a widely covered topic here in the past, I thought people would find this link interesting.

Even with my overly picky standards, I'm sure most people would agree 2-3 inch vertical bands extending across the length of the entire screen albeit faintly is still atrocious.

I'm still on the fence on whether to return my TV ( sticker built in Nov 2012 ) regarding some mild banding and some DSE I notice when watching hockey games on the white background.
So are all LED tv's plagued with this problem ? I just can't justify paying 3K and having this issue in some form and having to settle for it.

confused.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Sony XBR-HX950 Owners' Thread (XBR-55HX9​50 and XBR-65HX95​0)