or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › Stereo Integrity's new HT Subwoofer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stereo Integrity's new HT Subwoofer - Page 21

post #601 of 2212
I think those pictures are hilarious. God bless his wife!

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #602 of 2212
Wow Austin!!!
I'm totally impressed! Tell us what you're doing man!

Where are my 4x SI's?
I want my drivers?
Hope there's some left!

Can't wait to see your build thread...
post #603 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatshaft View Post

Wow Austin!!!
I'm totally impressed! Tell us what you're doing man!
Where are my 4x SI's?
I want my drivers?
Hope there's some left!
Can't wait to see your build thread...

He mentioned to me that he bought some "extras" since some others expressed some interest. I assume 4 of them are yours?

I know his initial plan is 16x of these on two clones. Insane is the only word to describe it.
post #604 of 2212
Austin I'm shown these pics to my wife, she thinks I'm nuts getting 8 drivers.
post #605 of 2212
Yes, popalock will clearly redefine the waf. Hats off to him being a pioneer smile.gif
post #606 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Austin I'm shown these pics to my wife, she thinks I'm nuts getting 8 drivers.

He's definitely the scapegoat here.....I mentioned his plans to my wife and she just shook her head. The WAF perspective is all relative.

I knew he had it in him from the moment I met him at the October GTG. tongue.gif
post #607 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post

You can reach him at joeybutts32@gmail.com for direct quotes.
With an e-mail address like that, how can you not take him seriously? biggrin.gif
post #608 of 2212
LMAO^^^^
post #609 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanJ View Post

I think those pictures are hilarious. God bless his wife!
Do you mean his soon to be ex-wife? How many hours until he gets home and has to pack his stuff onto the trailer and into the Suburban with the drivers?
post #610 of 2212
My lowly two drivers showed up today. smile.gif Now I need to get busy and build some boxes. Was planning on starting the boxes tomorrow, but now I have to take my daughter to a tennis lesson tomorrow. That will eat up 4 hours of my day. Usually take her Friday nights.
Reply
Reply
post #611 of 2212
post #612 of 2212
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif
post #613 of 2212
Ok, it's official, Popalock is a dealer!
post #614 of 2212
Well that explains where the pre-orders went biggrin.gif
post #615 of 2212
Good grief... Why D4's though?
post #616 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

Do you mean his soon to be ex-wife? How many hours until he gets home and has to pack his stuff onto the trailer and into the Suburban with the drivers?

I received congressional approval prior to purchase. In the clear (for the time being).
post #617 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

Good grief... Why D4's though?

Was hoping that would go unnoticed...lol

That will be addressed shortly.
post #618 of 2212


Build it! cool.gif
post #619 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post


U DA MAN biggrin.gif
post #620 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post


If there ever was an avatar worthy pic, this is it. smile.gif
post #621 of 2212
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMNNNNNNN!!!!! eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

biggrin.gif
post #622 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Was hoping that would go unnoticed...lol
That will be addressed shortly.

Still shocked at how everyone at the shop missed that. eek.gif

Looks like I'll be making a trip up there with D2's to swap them out after I get back from CES. Sure we've made a few mistakes on VC config over the past thirteen years but NOTHING of this magnitude. I'm sure this will be on my mind the entire time I'm at CES until I drive up there and make things right. frown.gif
post #623 of 2212
They are the wrong ones? How in the hell did no one, including popalock, not notice that? I mean. It's right there on the box! LOLOLOL tongue.gif
post #624 of 2212
How many of the 30-some boxes are D4? I see the 4 on the right are D2.
post #625 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

Good grief... Why D4's though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post

Still shocked at how everyone at the shop missed that. eek.gif
Looks like I'll be making a trip up there with D2's to swap them out after I get back from CES. Sure we've made a few mistakes on VC config over the past thirteen years but NOTHING of this magnitude. I'm sure this will be on my mind the entire time I'm at CES until I drive up there and make things right. frown.gif

To start, Popa has decided his addiction is more important than life in general. Two, I will not populate this thread with my pics anymore when I get mine because it will look lame. Three, I need a trip up to DC so I can help out smile.gif Might take a sec, but I can make it work wink.gif How long are you willing to wait P?
post #626 of 2212
SH&% I already have a wiring diagram for the FP14k so don't stress:




Oh wait:


THERE IS NO WIRING DIAGRAM CALC FOR 16 DRIVERS!!!!!

But for real, even dual 4 ohms are workable in quantities of 16. lemme think after I stop drinking...
post #627 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

SH&% I already have a wiring diagram for the FP14k so don't stress:
Oh wait:
THERE IS NO WIRING DIAGRAM CALC FOR 16 DRIVERS!!!!!
But for real, even dual 4 ohms are workable in quantities of 16. lemme think after I stop drinking...

Hmm. Technically all 16 could be powered by a single clone amp at 4 ohm stereo biggrin.gif not ideal since they would 'only' get 550w each, but it would be efficient use of one amp. biggrin.gif heck, even if he were to double up on power, we are only talking a 3db possible total gain? In this system that is nothing, lol.

Let's consider each sub as an 8 ohm sub since they will be wired in series. Wire each pair of subs in series for 16 ohm load. Wire four pairs of these pairs of subs in parallel = 4 ohms. 8 subs on each side at 4ohm stereo. cool.gif

Sanity check please? It is 5am here and can't sleep. tongue.gif

Sub 1 - 8 ohms
Sub 2 - 8 ohms
Sub 1 + 2 in series = 16 ohms

Repeat for subs 3-8 and you've got:

16 ohms + 16 ohms + 16 ohms + 16 ohms
Connect in parallel
4 ohms per side, rated 4400 watts per 8 subs

man that would still crank!
Edited by Gorilla83 - 1/5/13 at 2:24am
post #628 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

I couldn't quite resist sharing these pictures that popalock sent me this morning. He went down to SI to pick up his "order." Let it be known that the majority of these drivers are for HIM. I think there was 30 something drivers total. 34 maybe? 4 are for me and 4 are for Nathan J. The rest are staying at this SICKOS house......
LOL!!!




They need to be RE XXX drivers!!! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif
post #629 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post

Still shocked at how everyone at the shop missed that. eek.gif
Looks like I'll be making a trip up there with D2's to swap them out after I get back from CES. Sure we've made a few mistakes on VC config over the past thirteen years but NOTHING of this magnitude. I'm sure this will be on my mind the entire time I'm at CES until I drive up there and make things right. frown.gif

Hey, don't worry about it this week man. Enjoy CES! It's not like I have the enclosures ready yet anyway. If you are willing to drive up here to swap them out after CES, that is perfectly fine... Seriously man, don't sweat it. We're good.

Tell you what, the thought of making that drive for anything other that to pick up the next set of 20 bugged me for about .5 sec last night, but I knew we'd work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Smith View Post

How many of the 30-some boxes are D4? I see the 4 on the right are D2.

30 Boxes total, 2 of which were the D2 15's.

20 D2 for me
4 D2 for Gorilla
4 D4 for NathanJ

Gorilla and NathanJ's orders were correct. I kinda laughed to myself as soon as I counted 5 D4 boxes. Like, man...that's my luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanDave View Post


They need to be RE XXX drivers!!! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

30 of the RE XXX would have been like what? $21-24K?
Towing load would have jumped from like 1,200lbs up to over 3,000lbs...lol. Poor SUV would have struggled...lol
post #630 of 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

They are the wrong ones? How in the hell did no one, including popalock, not notice that? I mean. It's right there on the box! LOLOLOL tongue.gif

I know right! Definitely one of those "face palm" moments. Here is how it plays out...

Nick brings me over to my pallet. Appropriately identified as "20."




Here is a perspective shot. It was palletized as such that the box face was stacked over my head, so I didn't initally see the VC Config.




We all loaded up a few and I was more worried about them all facing right side up and being uniform than what the words on the box said...lol. Nick and I loaded up a few, then headed inside to talk shop while his guys finished up loading. Here is where it gets funny. Check out this pic. I remember seeing D2 when I took this photo. Zoom in on the box:



Gets even better, check out this side shot. Zoom in if you can and you will see that the only part of the box blocked by the trailer side bars just happens to be the VC Config:



The cherry on top was that I pulled over on the side of the highway to adjust some boxes to make the tailer behave better.

I took two boxes from the very back of the trailer and put them in the front seat. Those two boxes, ironically, were the other D2. The only time I happened to notice the VC Config, I remember seeing D2. That was the cherry on top for sure.

Dumb luck I guess. Not too worried about it since Nick is going to make it right.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › Stereo Integrity's new HT Subwoofer