or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › Best Movie Quotes of All Time
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Movie Quotes of All Time - Page 8

post #211 of 426
Dwight Hansen: "I know a thing or two about a thing or two! " This Boy's Life
post #212 of 426
I could probably come up with a billion of them and will probably think of a few good ones after I post this but here is Five of my favorite moments/quotes


1. From Interview with a vampire

Louie(Brad Pitt): And there a mechanical wonder allowed me to see the sunrise.... for the first time in ....200 years. And what sunrises! Seen as the human eye could never see them. ...Silver at first. ....then as the years progressed, in tones of purple.... red..... and my long lost blue.

2. Superman Returns.

Lois Lane: You know my uh...Richard, he's a pilot. He takes me up all the time.

Superman: Not like this.

That was just so bad ass. especially because it was true.

3. Star Trek III

Dr. McCoy: Spock! For god sakes talk to me. You stuck this damn in head, remember? Remember? Now tell me what to do with it. Help Me!

*Music cues and silence*

I'm gonna to tell you something that I...... never thought I ever hear myself say. But it seems that missed you. And I don't know if I could stand to lose you again.



4. Interview with a Vampire-again-

Lestat: Don't be afraid. I'm going to give you the choice I never had

5. Frosty the Snow Man.

Traffic Cop: Silly snowmen, once they come to life they don't know nuttin' (then freaks after realizing he just saw a living snowman)
post #213 of 426


"Now, are you sure you wanna have a fight? Because I'm only going to use my thumb. My right thumb. My left one's much too powerful for you."


Edited by cshawnmcdonald - 9/27/12 at 8:15am
post #214 of 426



"Swede! Swede! Swede! Swede!" - Recon Platoon

"Mr. Swede, say somethin' charming to the man." - Stitch Jones

"Lift your chin. Higher." - Gunny

post #215 of 426
Captain: You gonna get use to wearing them chains after a while, Luke. Don't you never stop listening to them clinking, they gonna remind you about what I been saying for your own good.
Luke: I wish you'd stop being so good to me, Captain.
Captain: Don't you ever talk that way to me. (pause, then hitting him) NEVER! (Luke rolls down hill; to other prisoners) What we've got here is failure to communicate Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

biggrin.gif

Djoel
post #216 of 426
"Any questions?"

"Yeah, I gotta question. Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?"

Bender: The Breakfast Club.

James
post #217 of 426
Pepper: "Look at thisss fkn guy."

Major League.

James
post #218 of 426
"The secret to a long life is to try not and shorten it"

My Name is Nobody
post #219 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post

"Any questions?"
"Yeah, I gotta question. Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?"
Bender: The Breakfast Club.
James

I love it!

Mr. Vernon-"What would you do if your dope was on fire?"
Bender-" Impossible sir. Its in Johnson's underwear."
post #220 of 426
Sgt. Hulka: "Lighten up, Francis."
post #221 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

"Son, you got a panty on your head." -Hayseed in Raising Arizona
Some more great ones:

Leonard Smalls: You want to find an outlaw, hire an outlaw. You want to find a Dunkin' Donuts, call a cop.

Evelle: H.I., you're young and you got your health, what you want with a job?

Parole Board chairman: They've got a name for people like you H.I. That name is called "recidivism."
Parole Board member: Repeat offender!
Parole Board chairman: Not a pretty name, is it H.I.?
H.I.: No, sir. That's one bonehead name, but that ain't me any more.
Parole Board chairman: You're not just telling us what we want to hear?
H.I.: No, sir, no way.
Parole Board member: 'Cause we just want to hear the truth.
H.I.: Well, then I guess I am telling you what you want to hear.
Parole Board chairman: Boy, didn't we just tell you not to do that?
H.I.: Yes, sir.
Parole Board chairman: Okay, then.

Ed McDonnough: You mean you busted out of jail.
Evelle: No, ma'am. We released ourselves on our own recognizance.
Gale: What Evelle here is trying to say is that we felt that the institution no longer had anything to offer us.

Leonard Smalls: Name's Smalls. Leonard Smalls. My friends call me Lenny... only I ain't got no friends.

H.I.: Prison life is structured - more'n some people care for.

Prison Counsellor: Why do you say you feel "trapped" in a man's body?
"Trapped" Convict: Well, sometimes I get them menstrual cramps real hard.

Dot: Rollie! You take that diaper off your head and you put it back on your sister!



THIS COULD GO ON FOREVER....ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVS.wink.gifcool.gif
post #222 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Some more great ones:
THIS COULD GO ON FOREVER....ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVS.wink.gifcool.gif

Mind you don't cut yourself, Mordechai!
post #223 of 426
Dragline: Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
Luke: Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

-- Cool Hand Luke
post #224 of 426
Wax on, wax off. Wax on, wax off.
post #225 of 426
You're not too smart, are you? I like that in a man.
post #226 of 426
"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you". Jack Bauer. wink.gif
post #227 of 426
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's people! Soylent Green is people!!!
post #228 of 426
"I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye. "

Anthony Hopkins - Silence of the Lambs

Oh and my favorite skit of all time....it's too long to post so here's the video:
post #229 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you". Jack Bauer. wink.gif
Now we're talkin...breaking out the Bauer lines!

"That's the problem with you people, you always want the job done but never want to get your hands dirty. Well you'd better start rolling up your sleeves... I'm gonna need a hacksaw" - jack bauer
post #230 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you". Jack Bauer. wink.gif

Well... the thread is "Movie Quotes" ... but I guess some one should start another thread with "TV show Quotes" biggrin.gif
post #231 of 426
Just one...for now

"Why Johnny Ringo....you look like somebody just, walked all over your grave"

Doc holliday

played by

Val Kilmer

Tombstone

1993
post #232 of 426
Sometimes, when you feel right, there's a groove there, and the bat just eases into it and meets that ball. When the bat meets that ball and you feel that ball just give, you know it's going to go a long way. Damn, if you don't feel like you're going to live forever.
post #233 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshawnmcdonald View Post

Mind you don't cut yourself, Mordechai!
We might as well just post the script.tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by simontan View Post

You're not too smart, are you? I like that in a man.
Good one.biggrin.gif
post #234 of 426
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"
- The Godfather
post #235 of 426
Well... the thread is "Movie Quotes" ... but I guess some one should start another thread with "TV show Quotes" biggrin.gif[/quote]

Done!
post #236 of 426
Lucius: Honey?
Honey: What?
Lucius: Where's my super suit?
Honey: What?
Lucius: Where - is - my - super - suit?
Honey: I, uh, put it away.
[helicopter explodes outside]
Lucius: *Where*?
Honey: *Why* do you *need* to know?
Lucius: I need it!
[Lucius rummages through another room in his condo]
Honey: Uh-uh! Don't you think about running off doing no daring-do. We've been planning this dinner for two months!
Lucius: The public is in danger!
Honey: My evening's in danger!
Lucius: You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good!
Honey: 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get! eek.gif

Djoel
post #237 of 426
+1

That was movie magic right there. I still laugh at that line!
post #238 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_A View Post

+1
That was movie magic right there. I still laugh at that line!
Me too.
I actually thought about posting it earlier.biggrin.gif
post #239 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNestico View Post

Also, "I am your father" is the ultimate movie quote.

Agreed. I say it to my daughter frequently. She is only 2 1/2 so she has no idea but I crack myself up every time.
post #240 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Lucius: Honey?
Honey: What?
Lucius: Where's my super suit?
Honey: What?
Lucius: Where - is - my - super - suit?
Honey: I, uh, put it away.
[helicopter explodes outside]
Lucius: *Where*?
Honey: *Why* do you *need* to know?
Lucius: I need it!
[Lucius rummages through another room in his condo]
Honey: Uh-uh! Don't you think about running off doing no daring-do. We've been planning this dinner for two months!
Lucius: The public is in danger!
Honey: My evening's in danger!
Lucius: You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good!
Honey: 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get! eek.gif
Djoel

Great quote from The Incredibles! My wife and I laugh our asses off during that scene every time we watch it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › Best Movie Quotes of All Time