Posted this over at the Oppo BDP-103 site and thought I would post how this was fixed for the touch.
Cheers (I am a Brit)
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau
With the latest firmware, use the Input button followed by a digit to directly select a line from the Input selection Pop-up.
If the problem is at power up, use Quick Start to speed up the power up time.
Originally Posted by pilot20
I don't have an easy fix for you as I have the same issue. I'm using a URC remote and using the Oppo as a video processor for my TIVO.
Prior to the new Oppo, I had my remote set up with macros to turn on/off my TV, DVDO Edge and AVR. I can't get the macro to work with the Oppo, even with quick start and built-in delay.
I have to manually change the input on the Oppo every time I start up the system to watch TV. That's not much of a problem for me, but the wife objects to the extra step. She doesn’t care about video processing…blah, blah, blah. She just wants to watch TV without hassle.
This is our main home theater system, and I want the best PQ possible from my equipment. She has her own smaller system in her office, but she doesn’t want to be confined to that room when I’m not around to turn the TV on and off.
I suggested earlier in the thread that Oppo release a firmware update that would provide an option to leave the player on the selected output rather than always defaulting to the DVD output.
This would greatly simplify things in our house since we watch TV much more than DVDs.
Well I have a fix for the Logitech Harmony Touch remote. Many thanks Bob for the start of my trouble shooting. Here is how I fixed it
1. Do not make the changes in programming to the Oppo settings. There is no # to select and won't take "Input" as a custom command.
2. In watch TV activities it is my cable box remote that is being mirrored, so make the changes there.
3. Teach the Logitech Touch using the cable box remote settings. Add a custom leant input command by using the Oppo remote to teach it. Call it anything but Input as it will not appear as a choice if you do.
4. Add a custom learnt command the same way for #3 (rear HDMI)
5. Make sure as Bob suggests to enable quick start on the Oppo.
6. I have mine set as follows,
Oppo warm up delay 15 secs>>>custom input (called something else)>>>>>>2 sec delay>>>>>>custom #3>>>>>>>> Voilà.
Cheers to all