or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Marantz AV8801 Preamp/Processor Official Owner's thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Marantz AV8801 Preamp/Processor Official Owner's thread - Page 265

post #7921 of 11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombeck View Post

Yes, I also did that, it's the SBR channel. No matter what I do, whatever is attached to the SBR output doesn't output sound (at least nothing that could be used). I wanted to make sure I missed absolutely nothing before I returned the unit. Thanks! smile.gif
That's good and hope you have better luck with the new one so you can start enjoying your setup smile.gif
post #7922 of 11283
Friends, since I installed my 8801, I noticed a small delay on the audio. I tryed lip sync on and off and didnt help.
There´s an option for adicional audio delay but none for pushing audio forword, nor some "video delay" either. Anyone noticed that too?
I use an Oppo 95 and JVC RS4810. Video straight from oppo to the jvc.
post #7923 of 11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrangel View Post

Friends, since I installed my 8801, I noticed a small delay on the audio. I tryed lip sync on and off and didnt help.
There´s an option for adicional audio delay but none for pushing audio forword, nor n"video delay" either. Anyone noticed that too?
I use an Oppo 95 and JVC RS4810. Video straight from oppo to the jvc.

I've got the Oppo 95 and the AV8801. Not seeing and hearing that. Only time lip sync is off has been once or twice with a bad, old movie on cable. Have never seen it with things so far from the Oppo (knock on wood). Think I have audio delay set to 0.

I'm also not sending video through the Marantz. Video goes from the Oppo to my Radiance XS via HDMI and then to the display.
post #7924 of 11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrangel View Post

Friends, since I installed my 8801, I noticed a small delay on the audio. I tryed lip sync on and off and didnt help.
There´s an option for adicional audio delay but none for pushing audio forword, nor some "video delay" either. Anyone noticed that too?
I use an Oppo 95 and JVC RS4810. Video straight from oppo to the jvc.
I have an oppo bdp-83 and saw the same thing, when I turned off the ability for OSD of the marantz settings, ie volume displayed etc, that's seemed to solve it for me.
post #7925 of 11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewa View Post


I have an oppo bdp-83 and saw the same thing, when I turned off the ability for OSD of the marantz settings, ie volume displayed etc, that's seemed to solve it for me.
I´ll try that! tks.
post #7926 of 11283
Finally getting around to setting-up my system (believe it or not). I'm planning to use dual monitor (HDMI) outputs- ie. employing (Epson 3020) projector and (Pioneer Elite Kuro PDP-4280HD plasma) flat-screen.

How are others here, using similiar configuration, configuring HDMI Monitor OUT's? Does it matter whether Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 go to projector or flat-screen? (I assume it does'nt matter, that they are equal)

Thanks........
post #7927 of 11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

Finally getting around to setting-up my system (believe it or not). I'm planning to use dual monitor (HDMI) outputs- ie. employing (Epson 3020) projector and (Pioneer Elite Kuro PDP-4280HD plasma) flat-screen.

How are others here, using similiar configuration, configuring HDMI Monitor OUT's? Does it matter whether Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 go to projector or flat-screen? (I assume it does'nt matter, that they are equal)

Thanks........


Greetings,

I have my 8801 connected to my JVC front projector and a 1080p flat panel and it's fine. You designate which HDMI out you want to go to which display and it doesn't matter. Refer to page 128 of the owner's manual for output settings.

Regards,
post #7928 of 11283

Is there a list of the IP commands for the AV8801?  I would like to look into controlling my device viva IP.

 

thanks,

Nick

post #7929 of 11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGiovas View Post

Is there a list of the IP commands for the AV8801?  I would like to look into controlling my device viva IP.

thanks,
Nick

Greetings,

Yes there are. Send Mark Ruben a PM....


Regards,
post #7930 of 11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGiovas View Post

Is there a list of the IP commands for the AV8801?  I would like to look into controlling my device viva IP.

thanks,
Nick

Marantz are very slow in updating their website with downloads for newer products but you can find most of what you need under downloads for the SR7007:
http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=AVReceivers&SubCatId=0&ProductId=SR7007
post #7931 of 11283
^^^

I have the complete list for the newest Marantz units including 8801: there are a lot of new codes

PM me with your email if you want the info for IR and serial/ IP commands
post #7932 of 11283

Thanks Mark and Dundas.  That is a huge help.

 

Nick

post #7933 of 11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrangel View Post

Friends, since I installed my 8801, I noticed a small delay on the audio. I tryed lip sync on and off and didnt help.
There´s an option for adicional audio delay but none for pushing audio forword, nor some "video delay" either. Anyone noticed that too?
I use an Oppo 95 and JVC RS4810. Video straight from oppo to the jvc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryWaz View Post

I've got the Oppo 95 and the AV8801. Not seeing and hearing that. Only time lip sync is off has been once or twice with a bad, old movie on cable. Have never seen it with things so far from the Oppo (knock on wood). Think I have audio delay set to 0.

I'm also not sending video through the Marantz. Video goes from the Oppo to my Radiance XS via HDMI and then to the display.

I have an Oppo 95 direct to my Panasonic plasma, audio HDMI to the 8801, and no issues either.

I also have from my 95 to the 8801 to the display, because I wanted to test the difference, and I have video conversion off as well, so no OSD display.
post #7934 of 11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

I have my 8801 connected to my JVC front projector and a 1080p flat panel and it's fine. You designate which HDMI out you want to go to which display and it doesn't matter. Refer to page 128 of the owner's manual for output settings
thanks Ralph, a great help.
post #7935 of 11283
It appears many 8801 users have "evolved" in their knowledge of Audyssey XT32 and how to apply the settings for the best sound reproduction.

I tend to set my system up for what sounds best with music and use those same settings for multi-channel/HT as well.

What are others here doing, post Audyssey, to tweak the Audyssey settings? ie, DEQ, Dynamic Volume, Audyssey Flat, Sub level increase, etc.

I'm mostly interested in music settings as I like my highs to be "sparkling" and not EQ'd excessively.
post #7936 of 11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch View Post

It appears many 8801 users have "evolved" in their knowledge of Audyssey XT32 and how to apply the settings for the best sound reproduction.

I tend to set my system up for what sounds best with music and use those same settings for multi-channel/HT as well.

What are others here doing, post Audyssey, to tweak the Audyssey settings? ie, DEQ, Dynamic Volume, Audyssey Flat, Sub level increase, etc.

I'm mostly interested in music settings as I like my highs to be "sparkling" and not EQ'd excessively.

Great minds think alike wink.gif I setup for music first as well and have found a friend indeed with Dynamic EQ on 0 for movies and 5 for music and at best a boost on the sub 3 db and when cutting loose +6 db biggrin.gif. The best Audyssey tweak I've found is getting the first position nailed down and by that i mean distance settings as this has the most profound effect on soundfield placement especially for mains and sub! coming from many hours of tweaking distance and level setting with the tape measurer and RS spl meter this knowledge has paid off. I find 10" from the rear of the seat to give the best in bubble and sub articulation and blending with the mains. The second would have to be the last two positions which I do just behind the MLP at about 15 " and 2ft apart , The result has been consistent after trying many a different position and well worth the time of exploration cool.gif
post #7937 of 11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post

Great minds think alike wink.gif I setup for music first as well and have found a friend indeed with Dynamic EQ on 0 for movies and 5 for music and at best a boost on the sub 3 db and when cutting loose +6 db biggrin.gif. The best Audyssey tweak I've found is getting the first position nailed down and by that i mean distance settings as this has the most profound effect on soundfield placement especially for mains and sub! coming from many hours of tweaking distance and level setting with the tape measurer and RS spl meter this knowledge has paid off. I find 10" from the rear of the seat to give the best in bubble and sub articulation and blending with the mains. The second would have to be the last two positions which I do just behind the MLP at about 15 " and 2ft apart , The result has been consistent after trying many a different position and well worth the time of exploration cool.gif

Jeff-

I guess my mind is not as great as yours smile.gif Are you saying that you can adjust the Dynamic EQ setting? I thought it was either off or on.

Edit:
Nevermind; I forgot about the RLO adjustment
Edited by jdlynch - 8/30/13 at 7:06pm
post #7938 of 11283
^^
With Dyn EQ set to ON, you can adjust the "Reference Level Offset" setting (p. 124 OM) which is associated with Dynamic EQ and can be set as shown below ....

post #7939 of 11283
I've always just left the RLO at "0" with DEQ engaged. My preferred genre is rock, that ranges from classic to some harder progressive rock. What are others setting the RLO to when it comes to music. I see the Marantz suggestions when it comes to movies and different genres of music but I'd like to hear your experiences.
Edited by comfynumb - 8/31/13 at 6:33am
post #7940 of 11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
With Dyn EQ set to ON, you can adjust the "Reference Level Offset" setting (p. 124 OM) which is associated with Dynamic EQ and can be set as shown below ....


Is this a global setting or can you make a different (custom) setting on a per input basis?
Edited by erhurd - 8/31/13 at 10:35am
post #7941 of 11283
Per input .e.g. Blu ray set at 0; cable set at - 10. Cd set at off.
post #7942 of 11283
Thanks for the info, jmshnur; that's the answer I was hoping to see!
post #7943 of 11283
Can anyone shoot me a PM where they bought their 8801 BELOW msrp?
post #7944 of 11283
Just PM Mike Garrett here on AVS. His name is AV Science Sales 5
post #7945 of 11283
Or jdsmoothie if you're on the East coast. Mike's on the West coast.
post #7946 of 11283
I haven't kept up with this thread and it is now quite long. I'm wondering if any 8801 owners previously owned Onkyo/Integra prepros and what their thoughts are on the improvements that the 8801 offers. I have a friend with a 5508 and he is looking at the 8801. He is more into stereo and multichannel music than movies. He was thinking of adding a Parasound P5 preamp with HT Bypass but thought the 8801 was a possible option as well. I'd appreciate any thoughts on the 8801 compared to the Onkyo/Integra prepros smile.gif.

Bill
post #7947 of 11283
Bill,

I came from the Onkyo/Integra family of products and am glad I did. The audio upgrade is pretty noticeable, especially in the surround channels during multi-channel music and movies.
post #7948 of 11283
Bill,

I upgraded from an Onkyo PR-SC5507 but I have made so many changes since then, I cannot honestly say it was the AV8801 alone.
After upgrading to an AV8801 and a Parasound A51, there is a noticeable improvement. My system has never sounded better.

- Rich
post #7949 of 11283
Dave and Rich,

Thanks for your thoughts smile.gif. My buddy has a very nice system with W4S mono block amps, Oppo 95 (modded by ModWright) and Salk speakers. So I think the 8801 would be a fine addition to those components. Maybe I should look at the 8801 as well smile.gif. I see many 8801 owners bought from AVS so I'll contact them for pricing.

Bill
post #7950 of 11283
8801 from Integra 80.2. we listen to mainly stereo music . It is clearly better with the 8801.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Marantz AV8801 Preamp/Processor Official Owner's thread