I just updated, reset factory defaults, re-input my settings, and my player shows both resolution and runtime properly. These are MKV files browsed through an SMB share from Win 7x64.
Separately, I also wanted to note that this update fixed the issue of YouTube forgetting paired devices and accounts across restarts. Furthermore, I had some MKVs with bad headers (I think - VLC would take forever to seek, and OPPO wouldn't seek period, but the new VLC update fixed its own problems) and now those MKVs play and seek absolutely fine on OPPO. I'm super happy with this update so far.
Also, I've used pav56's program and it works wonderfully.