or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › U50 same exact image quality as UT50 but without 3d?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

U50 same exact image quality as UT50 but without 3d?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Would the Panasonic U50 have the same exact image quality as the UT50 but just no 3d? It seems like it is the same panel right?
Edited by ilike2eatcheese - 10/3/12 at 11:02am
post #2 of 9
I know the answer but since I don't like cheese I won't give it to you.
post #3 of 9
Not so, its been reported that the UT50 and above have significantly better picture quality than the models below that which use a different type of panel.
The extra stuff in the tech for 3D adds to the 2D picture quality, such as being capable of higher refresh rate.
post #4 of 9
iirc the 3D model panels have a faster decay rate on the pixels--they take less time to change for each frame of video so there's less overlap between the two pictures in 3D mode. In other words faster pixel response time, not higher refresh rate.
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilike2eatcheese View Post

Would the Panasonic U50 have the same exact image quality as the UT50 but just no 3d? It seems like it is the same panel right?
I was told it was the same basic panel with similar specs minus the 3D and internet apps. Having seen them side by side, they appear very similar. Even if the UT has slightly better specs, I do think it is the same basic panel and the pic quality is very similar.
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

I was told it was the same basic panel with similar specs minus the 3D and internet apps. Having seen them side by side, they appear very similar. Even if the UT has slightly better specs, I do think it is the same basic panel and the pic quality is very similar.


BINGO!


Ian wink.gif
post #7 of 9
U50 specifications: http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/us/u_plasma_spec.html

UT50 specifications: http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/us/ut_plasma_spec.html

The differences are numerous and worth every penny.
post #8 of 9
yeah,i think so, good info to m e, I do think it is the same basic panel and the pic quality is very similar.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thdimension View Post

U50 specifications: http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/us/u_plasma_spec.html
UT50 specifications: http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/us/ut_plasma_spec.html
The differences are numerous and worth every penny.

I've seen the specs. The most important ones like grey scale, black levels and resolution are pretty much the same. I'm not saying that there aren't differences, including panel brightness, but some of of that is marketing hype and doesn't necessary translate into a better picture. I should know, I use to rep for some of these companies.biggrin.gif See comments from CNET:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p50u50/4505-6482_7-35149658.html


http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p50ut50/4505-6482_7-35153392.html



Quote:
Originally Posted by gopromiller View Post

yeah,i think so, good info to m e, I do think it is the same basic panel and the pic quality is very similar.

I agree.


Ian
Edited by mailiang - 12/1/12 at 8:39am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › U50 same exact image quality as UT50 but without 3d?