Originally Posted by JW22
Ok, i have a little more time now to give some feedback and questions related. Thanks upfront for any response, its really helpful.
I have a new SR5007 and connected my also new Tannoy Mercury speakers; two front floorstanding speakers, a center and two rear speakers. So that's a 5.0 configuration. Further I have my settopbox connected to the receiver with hdmi, and also my PS3 (which I also use as blu ray player) directly connected to the receiver with a hdmi cable. From the receiver I have a hdmi to my Panasonic plasma screen ( no ARC function). At last I connected the reciever to the internet with a cable.
After connecting all, i switched all on and did the Audessy set up, 6 positions. My first findings and questions:
1. The internet radio and streaming my music from my network is great, clear and powerfull sound. I think i like "direct mode' more then the ' stereo mode' but that is personal.
2. Switching to the TV, the video is no problem but the audio is.
- I need to have the volume on on my TV to get some sound from the speakers as well? i expect that the audio goes form the setopbox to the receiver and then to the speakers.....and that the volume on the TV can be switched off completely? But if I do so the throughput to the speakers is gone also?
- the volume is half as powerfull using the settopbox or using the internteradio? A little difference is ok I guess but this is really a lot?
3. The same goes for my PS3, the audio is half as powerfull compared to the internteradio and also the volume of the TV needs to be on to get any sound through the speakers!
Is it possible that I need to upgrade my hdmi cables? Maybe they are still 1.3 and I somehow need 1.4? Is there any other possibility of wrong setting? Maybe my TV does something strange, probably through the viera link? I just do not know where to start to make it better......
Finally, i try to get the remote app working through my Iphone..... But I have no clue on what to do... Is there a manual somewhere which clarifies the steps to be taken?
Hope someone can help.