or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Trinity gets smashed in another benchmark . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trinity gets smashed in another benchmark . . .

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Here, from Hardware Secrets:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/A10-5800K-vs-Core-i3-3220-CPU-Review/1646/1

Only gaming is (of course) faster, but general day to day performance is still just as important and the results are not pretty. And its 100w vs 55w. Ooooo . . . .

Very satisfied I got the new i3 3220 for my office box.

Opinions?
post #2 of 7
AMD has been trashed left and right w/ CPU's for the past 3 years. I pretty much expect that they will under deliver on everything.
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddles88 View Post

Here, from Hardware Secrets:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/A10-5800K-vs-Core-i3-3220-CPU-Review/1646/1
Only gaming is (of course) faster, but general day to day performance is still just as important and the results are not pretty. And its 100w vs 55w. Ooooo . . . .
Very satisfied I got the new i3 3220 for my office box.
Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

AMD has been trashed left and right w/ CPU's for the past 3 years. I pretty much expect that they will under deliver on everything.


This is a surprise in what way ?? biggrin.gif

Intel FTW !
post #4 of 7
I hope the mass exodus of CEOs, developers, etc at the AMD headquarters subsides. I want them to stick around to at least give Intel some competition which is good for everyone.

AMD as a company in the desktop market has been absolutely brutalized by Intel the last few years.
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Cue the newegg reviews, its a mystery why people only focus on the GPU. Yes, its great, but everything else isn't. The CPU muscle isn't there, the power use is poor (though understandable with that GPU on the same die but still) and for a basic box, Intel is better. Even with a dedicated GPU, Intel is better. Poor AMD, Haswell will beat it further on the CPU and efficiency side . . . .
post #6 of 7
AMD really should step up to the game and redesign their stuff as Intel needs a competitor.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddles88 View Post

Cue the newegg reviews, its a mystery why people only focus on the GPU
Quote:
Yes, its great

Mystery solved.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Trinity gets smashed in another benchmark . . .